SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

10 minutes ago, Siphon said:

haha put on helmet confirm nobody will miss the label... but hor @snooptradershare with you hor... some people... see P plate will terrorize u more one... i've seen it happened and purposely put myself in between them to create space for the poor guy that's prob riding on his new bike the first few times... can see he super stress but the lorry behind was just tail gating him for fun. There are alot of A******* like that on the road... so its a double edge sword. 

Most people will give u way but there will always be that 1-2 idoits.... 

driving oso same case.. u put p plate sometimes oso kena bully 1.. lol 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

😂 just reading the BTT book. I thought the speed limit for all roads in sg already increased to 60km/h! 😂 oops. Okay so now I know it's still 50km/h. 

Haha no change.. altho we noe that most ppl dun drive at 50.. 😂

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Nakuru said:

😂😂😂 speedometer too small… cannot see 🙈🙈 by the time see the small arm… 70 liao 🙊.  But frankly I usually go with the road speed of the middle lane… it’s the safest speed to travel. Globally. 

16 hours ago, Janeoh said:

😂 just reading the BTT book. I thought the speed limit for all roads in sg already increased to 60km/h! 😂 oops. Okay so now I know it's still 50km/h. 

As a guide… 2 lane 50kmh. 3 lanes 70kmh. Expressway 90kmh except for tunnels and I think PIE got a stretch of 80kmh with speed camera. 

5 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

For mi is i will juz cruise at watever my bike / car happy speed then if got ppl poking my butt then i will speed up hahaha.. 

they just wanna see the labbit ears flap la 😂😂😂😂

20 hours ago, Nakuru said:

ya I told hb 😂 then he said "ya, I think no change what. Why do you think it changed?" Seriously I shall go google this. Why? Hahaha for a few years already, I've had this thought. 😂

4 hours ago, Siphon said:

As a guide… 2 lane 50kmh. 3 lanes 70kmh. Expressway 90kmh except for tunnels and I think PIE got a stretch of 80kmh with speed camera. 

How about major roads but not highway like ... Upper Thomson Road, Yio Chu Kang Road, Marine Parade Road, Sims... 😂 I seriously thought it was 60kmh 😂

We went for our first lesson today! 

Obviously never pass lah... got until the part where we're supposed to change to second gear around the mini circuit then I blur liao 😂 and sooooo hot! 🥵 I wasn't ready for that! Didn't bring water. 

Told my children about the lesson over lunch and then my oldest child  said... "so, your gluteus maximus had a workout". 😝 we're so unfit and we really don't use that muscle in our daily lives. 

So next Saturday morning, one more round of toning up that muscle. Shall have to mentally run through the coordination of hands (actually when I think back now, I think I'm a little blur liao 😅) shall google YouTube videos 😂

The first time the bike went to second gear, I believe I screamed.  "AH! So fast! Is this third gear? How many times did I kick up?!?" 😂 panicked then I stopped 😂 and someone crashed into me hahahaahahha

That's day one for us.

Oh edited to add:

I went to check out the photo taking thing after the class. Realise I couldn't do it cos I didn't have my identification on me. Then the lady at the counter also said if I have an existing license, I don't need to take. This is only for fresh learners with no license. Okay then...

Edited by Janeoh

5 hours ago, Janeoh said:

ya I told hb 😂 then he said "ya, I think no change what. Why do you think it changed?" Seriously I shall go google this. Why? Hahaha for a few years already, I've had this thought. 😂

How about major roads but not highway like ... Upper Thomson Road, Yio Chu Kang Road, Marine Parade Road, Sims... 😂 I seriously thought it was 60kmh 😂

School / old ppl zone is 40. Then kpe got 1 stretch oso 70.. so muz see the speed limit sign de lor..

1 hour ago, apogeeXX said:

I see rabbit ears I feel like grabbing them, they are so soft and warm 🤣✌️

Its turning black liao lor.. i juz bought a new pair so i can take the current 1 out to wash n swap lolol 

We went for our first lesson today! 

Obviously never pass lah... got until the part where we're supposed to change to second gear around the mini circuit then I blur liao 😂 and sooooo hot! 🥵 I wasn't ready for that! Didn't bring water. 

Told my children about the lesson over lunch and then my oldest child  said... "so, your gluteus maximus had a workout". 😝 we're so unfit and we really don't use that muscle in our daily lives. 

So next Saturday morning, one more round of toning up that muscle. Shall have to mentally run through the coordination of hands (actually when I think back now, I think I'm a little blur liao 😅) shall google YouTube videos 😂

The first time the bike went to second gear, I believe I screamed.  "AH! So fast! Is this third gear? How many times did I kick up?!?" 😂 panicked then I stopped 😂 and someone crashed into me hahahaahahha

That's day one for us.

Oh edited to add:

I went to check out the photo taking thing after the class. Realise I couldn't do it cos I didn't have my identification on me. Then the lady at the counter also said if I have an existing license, I don't need to take. This is only for fresh learners with no license. Okay then...

1st lesson wun pass so easily de.. usually need like 2-3 times on average de.. so no need feel sad or wat if didnt pass at 1st try.. today's weather really.. killer sia.. 😵😵 

Haha.. tt time when i juz started.. even gear 1 i find it damn fast.. worst when need to turn.. even more scary 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

1st lesson wun pass so easily de.. usually need like 2-3 times on average de.. so no need feel sad or wat if didnt pass at 1st try.. today's weather really.. killer sia.. 😵😵 

Haha.. tt time when i juz started.. even gear 1 i find it damn fast.. worst when need to turn.. even more scary 

Hahahah I know won't pass first time lah. Was expected 😂 too much content liao. I think I need more practice!

im glad to hear that you also thought it was fast. Heng ah. I thought siao liao, so fast I chicken liao 😂

16 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

Hahahah I know won't pass first time lah. Was expected 😂 too much content liao. I think I need more practice!

im glad to hear that you also thought it was fast. Heng ah. I thought siao liao, so fast I chicken liao 😂

Haha it is normal la.. once u get used to the speed jiu ok liao..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Janeoh said:

There are roads where they would put 60kmh. But as long as you don't see any signboards... yup. you guessed it. 50kmh... so running at 71kmh = summon coming... haha

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Janeoh said:

the good thing is you and your hb are taking this as your leisure license. Don't rush it and you'll experience the bike better. The passing and failing is more of the individual trainer's assessment. For the most part i think circuit revisions are the best to understand and "feel" the bike better. So most of the trainers will try to pass people to get to circuit revision. 

And sitting from the trainer's chair, i'll only pass a trainee if i feel safe bringing this trainee out to the road first right? Then can pass to the road training. 

And if the bike is too fast, calm down, breath in, clutch in let the bike roll. If you cycle before... then its just like coasting the bicycle. You'll feel right at home. Then slowly clutch back in and let the power return to the bike. practise the "half clutch" technique which is the biting point. just like how your left leg is trained to feel it. Now you need to train you fingers to feel it. (Tip) don't need to use all 4 fingers all the time... 3 fingers with a fake 4th trying to reach it is also ok. If you really want 4 fingers then you need to adjust the clutch lever EVERY time you get a bike. Cause they are all different haha... its easy to change really. Almost like the bicycle brakes cable... 

5 hours ago, apogeeXX said:

I see rabbit ears I feel like grabbing them, they are so soft and warm 🤣✌️

wah lao... its painful for the rabbits k.... don't do that la hahaha🤣

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Siphon said:

the good thing is you and your hb are taking this as your leisure license. Don't rush it and you'll experience the bike better. The passing and failing is more of the individual trainer's assessment. For the most part i think circuit revisions are the best to understand and "feel" the bike better. So most of the trainers will try to pass people to get to circuit revision. 

And sitting from the trainer's chair, i'll only pass a trainee if i feel safe bringing this trainee out to the road first right? Then can pass to the road training. 

And if the bike is too fast, calm down, breath in, clutch in let the bike roll. If you cycle before... then its just like coasting the bicycle. You'll feel right at home. Then slowly clutch back in and let the power return to the bike. practise the "half clutch" technique which is the biting point. just like how your left leg is trained to feel it. Now you need to train you fingers to feel it. (Tip) don't need to use all 4 fingers all the time... 3 fingers with a fake 4th trying to reach it is also ok. If you really want 4 fingers then you need to adjust the clutch lever EVERY time you get a bike. Cause they are all different haha... its easy to change really. Almost like the bicycle brakes cable... 

thank you for the tip! 😊 we were talking about it just now and realise we did two different things - I thought at gear one I was supposed to half clutch while going round and round and he said no lah just let go 😂 I was like seriously? 

thank you for the tip! 😊 we were talking about it just now and realise we did two different things - I thought at gear one I was supposed to half clutch while going round and round and he said no lah just let go 😂 I was like seriously? 

At gear 1 need to half clutch.. altho u can fully release clutch in gear 1 but still half clutch in case u lose the speed n stall the engine.. gear 2 then can fully release the clutch 

56 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

At gear 1 need to half clutch.. altho u can fully release clutch in gear 1 but still half clutch in case u lose the speed n stall the engine.. gear 2 then can fully release the clutch 

Right!!!! Ha! I told him I actually stopped (where the instructor was) and asked the instructor to verify if I needed to half-clutch the whole time! And he said yes!

Then my hb said "for what? It's like car what, once u pass the biting point then just hold the accelerator and it's so fun already. So relaxed." (He said he drove manual for quite a few years... me too! Last time manual more common/much cheaper than auto 😂)

i was like I half clutch until hand tired sia 😂

One quick question:

when I change from gear one to gear two, I kick up once or twice? Will it go to neutral? 😂 

this part I blur, cos for car the gear shift have actual positions...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Janeoh said:

Right!!!! Ha! I told him I actually stopped (where the instructor was) and asked the instructor to verify if I needed to half-clutch the whole time! And he said yes!

Then my hb said "for what? It's like car what, once u pass the biting point then just hold the accelerator and it's so fun already. So relaxed." (He said he drove manual for quite a few years... me too! Last time manual more common/much cheaper than auto 😂)

i was like I half clutch until hand tired sia 😂

One quick question:

when I change from gear one to gear two, I kick up once or twice? Will it go to neutral? 😂 

this part I blur, cos for car the gear shift have actual positions...

Car and bike different.... I drove manual car for 15 years after i pass because it feels like a real car... until i realised... my gear shifting isn't as smooth as the fujiwara tofu dian... and the auto shifting with the CVT gears is seemless... Old auto gears are jerky unless its a merz... haha but now its all so smooth and the price different is almost none... Manual cars are cheaper to maintain last time... now because no parts its actually harder to repair really. Anyway... Back to the question. 

When you stall a car  you just sit there and zonk... When a Bike Stall (especially when during a turn) = fall down (confirm + guarantee.) As a common habit, I think most bikers when in gear 1 we will have a "zone of transiting between biting and clutch in and get out of gear 1 (Yes even with 1000cc bikes with all the crazy power also can stall at gear 1). 

If you're tired of the clutch in, you might wanna just adjust the lever a little to help. But its all part of the practice of low speed handling. Lets be frank, when is the most relaxing part of riding? speed above 50kmh because the bike is stable and don't need to clutch and just throttle. At low speed is the hardest... But this is where you build skills of low speed control. Why? Cause this is where people fall the most. In carparks, U turn, turning... so the course is meant to train you until you're comfortable with low speed control of the bike. Then go higher speed. you'll find it easier to ride once the speed is past 30-40kmh. 

for smaller bikes once you release gear 1 fully you will feel the 100% JERKYNESS of the bike (on second thought bigger bikes also quite la). Why because gear 1 ratio is set for max torque so you can move. So for every RPM the bike rev it translate to power better. So u need to reduce the friction so it reduces the jerkiness. Even when you throttle from 3000rpm - 6000rpm with half clutch you'll feel the bike is speeding up smoothly and slowing down smoothly. BUT when you release the clutch and do that... you'll wheelie and prob feel like you're riding a bull thats trying to throw u off the bike. 

So please maintain the biting point 

Here's a video of this guy doing quite a good job explaining. thats a 1400cc bike btw... 

Edited by Siphon

2 hours ago, snooptrader said:

IMG_7996.thumb.jpg.81dc25ed56af8ec7c732d0f0e01e2a84.jpg

Soon.... 😅

Went L.A.B this morning to pick up the knee guards...

That's the one I got!

1 hour ago, Siphon said:

Car and bike different.... I drove manual car for 15 years after i pass because it feels like a real car... until i realised... my gear shifting isn't as smooth as the fujiwara tofu dian... and the auto shifting with the CVT gears is seemless... Old auto gears are jerky unless its a merz... haha but now its all so smooth and the price different is almost none... Manual cars are cheaper to maintain last time... now because no parts its actually harder to repair really. Anyway... Back to the question. 

When you stall a car  you just sit there and zonk... When a Bike Stall (especially when during a turn) = fall down (confirm + guarantee.) As a common habit, I think most bikers when in gear 1 we will have a "zone of transiting between biting and clutch in and get out of gear 1 (Yes even with 1000cc bikes with all the crazy power also can stall at gear 1). 

If you're tired of the clutch in, you might wanna just adjust the lever a little to help. But its all part of the practice of low speed handling. Lets be frank, when is the most relaxing part of riding? speed above 50kmh because the bike is stable and don't need to clutch and just throttle. At low speed is the hardest... But this is where you build skills of low speed control. Why? Cause this is where people fall the most. In carparks, U turn, turning... so the course is meant to train you until you're comfortable with low speed control of the bike. Then go higher speed. you'll find it easier to ride once the speed is past 30-40kmh. 

for smaller bikes once you release gear 1 fully you will feel the 100% JERKYNESS of the bike (on second thought bigger bikes also quite la). Why because gear 1 ratio is set for max torque so you can move. So for every RPM the bike rev it translate to power better. So u need to reduce the friction so it reduces the jerkiness. Even when you throttle from 3000rpm - 6000rpm with half clutch you'll feel the bike is speeding up smoothly and slowing down smoothly. BUT when you release the clutch and do that... you'll wheelie and prob feel like you're riding a bull thats trying to throw u off the bike. 

So please maintain the biting point 

Here's a video of this guy doing quite a good job explaining. thats a 1400cc bike btw... 

Thank you for that. I'll let hb know 😊 i guai guai half clutch all the way... 

6 hours ago, Janeoh said:

That's the one I got!

I called L.A.B first thing in the morning and went there to pick up the guards... i stalled till the very day of the lesson; thankfully they were opened.

Edited by snooptrader
grammer "are opened" to "were opened"

Today was the first day of practical riding lesson and it was really exciting to actually get on the bike.

On the very first day, I had my session in the afternoon and I reached BBDC ten minutes before the actual start of the time. I went in and was told that we should download the app (thankfully I did) but had to log in and show the guy at the entrance for entry. That took like 3 mins with my hands all full with the helmet and gear. Staff was pretty friendly and directed me to the practical bike office.

Reached the office and I saw that my color was orange and I dutifully took a number.... and was later told that the number was already assigned to me; doh! :D So, put it back and joined the class, which wasn't large; just 4 of us.

Was told to verify the students via the app and the physical IC; and then told to go out to the shed and suit up.

Wore the knee and elbow guards and then made the way to the shed; was told not to wear the helmet first (yes, very eager to put on the new helmet.)

Later; was told to pick a bike and place our helmets on the bike.

The instructor; took another sample bike; CB190R I think and showed what to watch out for.

Look at the physical condition of the bike; mirrors, foot pegs and controls; brakes and clutch for physical damage.

Then was taught the control of the bikes; the lights, low beam (24/7), high beam, kill switch (must always be off), signal lights and how to start the bike.

He started the bike with the knowledge that the bike was in neutral; and then showed how to ID for the neutral gear; it says "N" and the indicator only shows the neural gear.

Next, we were told how to take the bike off the main stand and then how to place it back on the main stand - won't bore anyone with the details, but was very useful.

How to also walk the bike, always on the left of the bike and lean the bike towards the rider. How to walk the bike in reverse as well.

Finally; was told to mount the bike; really eager and then was told to get on the bike; always hold the front brake and then tilt the handle to the right.

Got on the bike and was told to start... (I've omitted some details; we already learnt to start the bike earlier)
... got on the bike and the class was told to feel the biting point of the clutch.. and "walk" the bike with the assistance of the biting point...

..... did that several times and it felt nice... with additional exercises of stopping only with the front brakes and then only with the rear brakes..

In that exercise; I notice that it is a "feel" to know how to rest the foot on the brake and not activate it... must be conscious about that.

Braking need all 4 fingers... yours truly likes to use three.... but will have to build the habit of four...

Next... finally get to try the circuit!

We were aligned in the various lanes of the circuit and were told to go round and practice stopping using first gear only.

I can understand what @Janeoh means by half clutch and trying not to have the bike be a beast or a dead horse.... so yes, it's a matter of clutch and.....

... here's the fun part; instructor said to try second gear and now that was really fun.... managed to get the bike in a faster speed with less vibration, but still being a newbie, sometimes, still ride the clutch ....

.... after trying for a couple of times... managed to go third gear though, I think the speed wasn't so good idea at some stage.. should have slowed down, down shift and then pick up... must remember that when slowing down, don't just blindly clutch it, bike can go faster (sorry if I'm just talking to myself in this instance).

After a couple more times; was told to stop and then go to the office for the results. Got to clear the first practical and now to book for the next one.
The instructor was trying to help us understand the control and corrected the hand grip (4 fingers for the brakes and not to ride them while accelerating) for me.

Was a really hot day but fulfilling lesson; I went to the Esso station to buy 2 bottles of cold drinks... sugary but it didn't matter; sure felt good!

After reaching home; got onto another 2 wheels... weather was warm but it didn't dampen the spirits for 2 wheels.. though.. .my helmet and gloves were soaked through after the lesson.. :D
Instructor recommend wearing helmet lining; I think I'm going to buy one later.

IMG_7999.JPG

Just now, snooptrader said:

Thanks much for the encouragement! You don't sleep? Good morning!!

Haha good morning.. sad to say, i got into an accident yest.. self skidded n now in hospital.. went for surgery at 10+ n only done at 1.30am.. cant really slp much since i cant move now.. fractured knee cap 😂

• Sad 2