SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

Was going to update yesterday but forum was under maintenance.

So, finally cleared the 4 theory lessons with the last one on Saturday (Basic Theory lesson 1.02) and of course, immediately tried to book the practical lesson 1.01.... but to no avail..

Wasn't too disappointed as I guess it took some time to update the system.

Had to rush off to do my ride (so a little "off topic") immediately after the home-based virtual lesson. I admit that I tried to book the practical several times but could not.

So, made my way down to the workshop...
Found out that besides the pads were worn down, the rotors themselves were pretty much worn out too.. This is the first time I've had to change disc rotors for a ride I've owned for street use.

Before..

IMG_7919.thumb.JPG.9bb5914b6d6e40fe811523aae3412c74.JPG

Can see how eaten the rotors were... when the technician told me it was worn, placed my fingers on it and, absolutely needed a change.

IMG_7921.thumb.JPG.da130ea6c5e4f3dd39f28cd94c60fffd.JPG

New set in :) ; rotors aren't silver; just a protective coat that was removed after using them

IMG_7935.thumb.JPG.4e28fc1bb9ab8c936f8ac36678799579.JPG

(Interlude ends)

Logged in the evening and tried to book the first practical lesson ever. Lo and behold.... available!!!

Booked it for next week.. now time to get them elbow and knee guards... been putting off the purchase...

Will update on the practical 1 lesson.. :D

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

I'll just start going for the evaluation to learn and have a "feel" of how the test feels like.

And memorize the correct answers 😂

54 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Logged in the evening and tried to book the first practical lesson ever. Lo and behold.... available!!!

Booked it for next week.. now time to get them elbow and knee guards... been putting off the purchase...

Yay!

when's ur first lesson? Mine 16th 😅 have thru this Covid "outbreak" at home first. Now 50% of us have tested positive. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Yes; it's also compulsory in a way, must do a single evaluation before going for the RTT. Just to share; will be doing more than "one session".

I'll just start going for the evaluation to learn and have a "feel" of how the test feels like.

Its the same as taking BTT n FTT.. juz sit infront of the com, touch screen n go off de.. ssdc will require us to take 2 practice + 1 evaluation before taking RTT.. cdc can just take the evaluation then RTT.. 

• Like 1

So, finally cleared the 4 theory lessons with the last one on Saturday (Basic Theory lesson 1.02) and of course, immediately tried to book the practical lesson 1.01.... but to no avail..

Had to rush off to do my ride (so a little "off topic") immediately after the home-based virtual lesson. I admit that I tried to book the practical several times but could not.

Found out that besides the pads were worn down, the rotors themselves were pretty much worn out too.. This is the first time I've had to change disc rotors for a ride I've owned for street use.

Before..

Can see how eaten the rotors were... when the technician told me it was worn, placed my fingers on it and, absolutely needed a change.

New set in :) ; rotors aren't silver; just a protective coat that was removed after using them

(Interlude ends)

Wat ride is that? Congrats on booking 1st practical! Bbdc izzit also only can book 1 session at any one time? If can book multiple then at least book 2-3 session for each lesson better.. 

Faster go buy the guards oh.. u wan go decathalon buy for bicycle 1 oso can.. 

1 hour ago, Janeoh said:

And memorize the correct answers 😂

Yay!

when's ur first lesson? Mine 16th 😅 have thru this Covid "outbreak" at home first. Now 50% of us have tested positive. 

Spoken like a true parent; yes, have to learn from the evaluation; not too expensive... it's cheaper than the emotional toll.. LOL

My first lesson is on the 17th, a day after yours!
Oh no, hope the family is alright! Will get better soon.

• Like 1

Before..

(Interlude ends)

Wah that is really wearing it down to the bones 😱. Don’t do that for your bikes hor… it’s 20x more dangerous than with a car haha… oddly Singapore don’t grind down the brake disk. It looks like it is still ok. But a new disc is always good. Make sure to do some wear in braking. You’ll have about 70-80% full braking during the initial break in phase. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Its the same as taking BTT n FTT.. juz sit infront of the com, touch screen n go off de.. ssdc will require us to take 2 practice + 1 evaluation before taking RTT.. cdc can just take the evaluation then RTT.. 

Yes, will go and do the practice... intend to do many so as to increase the probability of the RTT clearance... I know some say don't have to take so fast first... but just want to learn consistently.

42 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Wat ride is that? Congrats on booking 1st practical! Bbdc izzit also only can book 1 session at any one time? If can book multiple then at least book 2-3 session for each lesson better.. 

Faster go buy the guards oh.. u wan go decathalon buy for bicycle 1 oso can.. 

Just a small 2 series. Thank you for the well wishes!
Yes, booking of one session at a time. (it's good as it prevents people from booking multiple sessions and hogging up the slots)

Yes, might go L.A.B later but it's raining cats and dogs!!!

1 minute ago, Siphon said:

Wah that is really wearing it down to the bones 😱. Don’t do that for your bikes hor… it’s 20x more dangerous than with a car haha… oddly Singapore don’t grind down the brake disk. It looks like it is still ok. But a new disc is always good. Make sure to do some wear in braking. You’ll have about 70-80% full braking during the initial break in phase. 

Thanks much for the advice which would be followed especially for the bike. ☺️ In the past, they do grind down the disk - in fact I think they still do, it's quite an art, but I'm running brake sensors, and I don't want to change the dynamics of the disc that that computer acts up. I tend to leave everything factory spec. Have been doing intermittent braking to bed in the pads...

Thanks much for the advice which would be followed especially for the bike. ☺️ In the past, they do grind down the disk - in fact I think they still do, it's quite an art, but I'm running brake sensors, and I don't want to change the dynamics of the disc that that computer acts up. I tend to leave everything factory spec. Have been doing intermittent braking to bed in the pads...

Yeah in sg… very hard to diy anything… just bring to your trusted workshop better… even I know how to do also lazy to find the proper way to dispose to stuff 🙈🙈🙈 later kanna or gong even worst. 

On 7/6/2022 at 5:30 PM, Nakuru said:

Driving sch de diff.. the photo id machine will keep a record in the sch de.. the photo on the booklet can be any photo tt has ur face can liao..

Nice! Any upcoming slots that can met u n husb's schedule?

ehhh..SSDC record down ah?

CDC just use the photo that you taken.. 😂

On 7/7/2022 at 9:32 PM, snooptrader said:

Eager beaver here... I usually like to clear exams out of the way as soon as possible... :D  Yes, after this weekend, will finish my last theory lesson before can get on the bike and can change my brake pads on my ride... the message is out....

image.png.ffc59700e7a0425690252b6d3c4eec50.png

yup yup.. we usually dun like if there's a exam pending for us.. haha...

23 hours ago, snooptrader said:

Before..

(Interlude ends)

ohhh.. pretty wear off.. same concept with bikes.. we called it disc (brake disc) uneven until like yours = 100% need to change cuz the brake pad will wear off faster..

18 hours ago, Siphon said:

Yeah in sg… very hard to diy anything… just bring to your trusted workshop better… even I know how to do also lazy to find the proper way to dispose to stuff 🙈🙈🙈 later kanna or gong even worst. 

indeed..

Do you know..

DIY at carpark is actually illegal.. 😂

but most gov sectors close one eye.. 

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

1 hour ago, adesmond2 said:

ehhh..SSDC record down ah?

CDC just use the photo that you taken.. 😂

We all got existing driver license le ma.. so wun need to have a new license card ma.. the photo taking is just for the school's record nia.. for people who dun have other license then will use the photo

8 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

We all got existing driver license le ma.. so wun need to have a new license card ma.. the photo taking is just for the school's record nia.. for people who dun have other license then will use the photo

yeah.. the photo taking.. lets say 4 photos.. 1 for your booklet lor.. SSDC got keep electric copy for you? LOL...

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

2 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

yeah.. the photo taking.. lets say 4 photos.. 1 for your booklet lor.. SSDC got keep electric copy for you? LOL...

They dun print out the photo for u wat.. its all digital photo leh.. ur booklet have to put some other hard copy photo de leh..

41 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

They dun print out the photo for u wat.. its all digital photo leh.. ur booklet have to put some other hard copy photo de leh..

waaaa! ok.. works differently from CDC... CDC print out 4 photos.. then you attached to your booklet.. haha...

1 minute ago, adesmond2 said:

waaaa! ok.. works differently from CDC... CDC print out 4 photos.. then you attached to your booklet.. haha...

Huh.. really meh? I took my class 3A at cdc 3yrs ago they oso nv print out anything leh.. in fact the photo was so ugly i took new passport photo n bring it down to TP HQ to change the photo after i pass de leh 

14 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Huh.. really meh? I took my class 3A at cdc 3yrs ago they oso nv print out anything leh.. in fact the photo was so ugly i took new passport photo n bring it down to TP HQ to change the photo after i pass de leh 

need to lei.. unless you have a spare passport photo to put on your booklet lor.. else no need to take photo at cdc..

2 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

need to lei.. unless you have a spare passport photo to put on your booklet lor.. else no need to take photo at cdc..

No la.. they will still require u to take the photo de.. cos i say i got my own passport photo they say cannot.. booklet can be any photo as long as show ur face can liao 

7 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

No la.. they will still require u to take the photo de.. cos i say i got my own passport photo they say cannot.. booklet can be any photo as long as show ur face can liao 

ohhh.. cdc no need.. LOLOLOL...

registered online.. settled.. unless online got ask for my photo? Which I dun recall.. 😂

52 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

44 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

ohhh.. cdc no need.. LOLOLOL...

registered online.. settled.. unless online got ask for my photo? Which I dun recall.. 😂

For BBDC; no photo needed but need to bring along IC.

24 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

For BBDC; no photo needed but need to bring along IC.

ohhh.. same same.. need to tally IC for 2B/3, DL for 2A.. 

Huh.. y so gd 1.. ssdc insist i have to retake the photo even thou i put my license infront of the CS leh.. i say i already got the card y i still need take photo then they just say its SOP 😕

11 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Huh.. y so gd 1.. ssdc insist i have to retake the photo even thou i put my license infront of the CS leh.. i say i already got the card y i still need take photo then they just say its SOP 😕

diff procedure ba.. SSDC more high tech.. 

CDC and BBDC more retro.. 😛 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, adesmond2 said:

diff procedure ba.. SSDC more high tech.. 

CDC and BBDC more retro.. 😛 

No leh... I actually find ssdc more retro than cdc.. at least cdc got app leh.. 

8 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

you mean the photo w take at CDC will be used for the new license when we pass? 

I provided a passport size photo for them to redo a new license.. cuz my license already more then 10years.. here and there tear liaoz.. you know la.. guy's card usually like this de.. haha