SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

2B at BBDC or CDC?

Go to solution Solved by snooptrader,

CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?   

16 members have voted

1. 1. CDC or BBDC in terms of bikes and lessons?

• BBDC
    • CDC

9 minutes ago, Janeoh said:

you mean the photo w take at CDC will be used for the new license when we pass? 

No, for those with other license; they will just put an "add on" sticker onto it. Don't worry too much about the physical license; it will be updated in your Singpass App when you pass

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Huh.. y so gd 1.. ssdc insist i have to retake the photo even thou i put my license infront of the CS leh.. i say i already got the card y i still need take photo then they just say its SOP 😕

They retro mah hahaha

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

No, for those with other license; they will just put an "add on" sticker onto it. Don't worry too much about the physical license; it will be updated in your Singpass App when you pass

yeah... just stick over ... then 2A stick another one... 2 stick another one... same driving license hahaha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Siphon said:

yeah... just stick over ... then 2A stick another one... 2 stick another one... same driving license hahaha

Like IC change address.. stick here and there... if really want new card, can go down to change card... but must pay I guess... Must really earn the upgrades in CC...

On 7/10/2022 at 10:44 AM, Siphon said:

get a nice raincoat, light and keeps you dry. Waterproof shoes with high cut (hiking shoes sometimes has high cut waterproofing). You’ll need to do it a couple of times to make yourself more confident in the rain.

a few important tips thou. 
1. Never rode on the PAINTED surfaces. Even the best rain tire (Michelin road 6) will experience slippage. 
2. Never follow behind or near a truck. The water splash can really slash you badly and blow your wind out.

3. Do not ride through ponding areas unless for safety purposes. Go slower and pump your brakes immediacy after.

4. Do not lean into turns too much. Especially at expressways there are METAL gutters in the middle of the round exits (BKE to KJE type) and that’s where all the accidents happens. Go slow, like 50kmh kinda slow. Keep to the smaller inner circle. 

5. Rain x works for plastic shields too. But they will turn yellow after a while. Rain x has a plastic version. It works but not as well unfortunately. 
6. It’s ok to wipe off the water on the shield to help bead the water. Shields can be changed if scratched. Your body once hurt… will be very painful to repair. 
Hope these tips helps 😆😆

I love riding on rainy days thou… super cooling. But make sure your rain coat stands out. Like those neon color types. 

Saw this on @Nakuru MSX thread.... must really read and remember this... real life advice... Should sticky this.

13 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Like IC change address.. stick here and there... if really want new card, can go down to change card... but must pay I guess... Must really earn the upgrades in CC...

Ah... good. I like my current photo hahahahhahha 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Ya just stick over nia.. clever me too excited on passing my 2B i left my license card and IC in the pants i wore for TP test n throw it into the washing machine.. came out so clean till sticker also almost drop out 😂

31 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Saw this on @Nakuru MSX thread.... must really read and remember this... real life advice... Should sticky this.

Ah yes! U n @Janeoh should standby raincoats too. Especially since BBDC n CDC both is outdoors. Not sure about BBDC but CDC do not loan raincoats. Lesson will still continue even if raining cats and dogs. 

35 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Ya just stick over nia.. clever me too excited on passing my 2B i left my license card and IC in the pants i wore for TP test n throw it into the washing machine.. came out so clean till sticker also almost drop out 😂

Ah yes! U n @Janeoh should standby raincoats too. Especially since BBDC n CDC both is outdoors. Not sure about BBDC but CDC do not loan raincoats. Lesson will still continue even if raining cats and dogs. 

Hahaha, most importantly is you have your license and it's in the records!

On raining days; I have already kept ziplock for my keyfob and my phone is supposedly waterproof... aka... will not be wearing raincoat... I'll be bringing a towel and change of clothing at the ride... heck if drenched... :D

• Haha 1

Just now, snooptrader said:

On raining days; I have already kept ziplock for my keyfob and my phone is supposedly waterproof... aka... will not be wearing raincoat... I'll be bringing a towel and change of clothing at the ride... heck if drenched... :D

Hahaha later easily fall sick leh.. at least get a top then pants wet nvm lor.. keep body warm better

11 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

Hahaha later easily fall sick leh.. at least get a top then pants wet nvm lor.. keep body warm better

Ok, I'll go and buy a set of rain coat... I'll get a super bright neon one... safety is it

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

One of the main reasons I like ssdc 😂😂😂. And no sun too😂😂😂 unless it’s road lessons. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Siphon said:

One of the main reasons I like ssdc 😂😂😂. And no sun too😂😂😂 unless it’s road lessons. 

It's ok... a bit of sun is ok... ... most important is to be motivated to ride and pass... and stay safe!!!

18 minutes ago, snooptrader said:

Ok, I'll go and buy a set of rain coat... I'll get a super bright neon one... safety is it

Get something like this can liao https://shopee.sg/product/237289186/4436357729?smtt=0.315654082-1657542787.9

Or u can see whether decathalon have or not.. 

16 minutes ago, Siphon said:

No use lor...... There is 1 stretch of the circuit tt is still exposed.. n learner car/lorry will always move damn slowly there.. then us bikers have to wait behind.. i was totally drenched by then end of lesson sia.. 

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Get something like this can liao https://shopee.sg/product/237289186/4436357729?smtt=0.315654082-1657542787.9

I‘ve one raincoat jacket but its black… maybe go LAB and go buy a super bright one…. I’ll be happy just to be riding… Hahahah… sound like a true noob….

Just now, snooptrader said:

I‘ve one raincoat jacket but its black… maybe go LAB and go buy a super bright one…. I’ll be happy just to be riding… Hahahah… sound like a true noob….

Faster go buy lor.. ur arm n knee guards too if haven.. lesson starting soon loh! Everyone starts from a noob.. im still a noob.. hahaha 

3 hours ago, Nakuru said:

No use lor...... There is 1 stretch of the circuit tt is still exposed.. n learner car/lorry will always move damn slowly there.. then us bikers have to wait behind.. i was totally drenched by then end of lesson sia.. 

hmmm ... which part was that? hahaha i don't remember getting wet when i was there... hahaha maybe i just skip that portion every time it rained haha...

1 hour ago, Nakuru said:

Faster go buy lor.. ur arm n knee guards too if haven.. lesson starting soon loh! Everyone starts from a noob.. im still a noob.. hahaha 

I also noob... everyday kanna smoke by kup kia hahahaha

15 minutes ago, Siphon said:

hmmm ... which part was that? hahaha i don't remember getting wet when i was there... hahaha maybe i just skip that portion every time it rained haha...

The exit area.. behind the ebrake there.. tt whole stretch no shelter.. i was so pissed until i feel like overtaking the learner cars when it was raining sia.. they all tmd taking their own sweet time to think wat to do while i behind them in the rain.. 

13 hours ago, snooptrader said:

yes.. definitely need to pay.. $50 if I'm not wrong.. (cuz I change last year) haha..

12 hours ago, snooptrader said:

install box ba.. easier.. haha..

and same.. I got a set of clothing at my work place.. but WFH = all back home already...

12 hours ago, Nakuru said:

nah.. pants fully wet = even more irritating.. so.. get a overall.. those like dress.. 😏

8 hours ago, Siphon said:

I also noob... everyday kanna smoke by kup kia hahahaha

as usual la.. unless clear road then 2A/2 can really open.. else.. I think our lives more important then who is first in front.. 😂

7 hours ago, Nakuru said:

The exit area.. behind the ebrake there.. tt whole stretch no shelter.. i was so pissed until i feel like overtaking the learner cars when it was raining sia.. they all tmd taking their own sweet time to think wat to do while i behind them in the rain.. 

standard la.. instructors scolding/giving introduction/information..

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

11 hours ago, Nakuru said:

oh ya~ hahaha that part... i usually divert when i see more than 4 bikes there... then since i'm doing CR... hahaa i bo chap just honk and pass the cars... at most kanna finger shake by the instructors hahaha... 

I found this interesting site

https://ssdcbike.weebly.com/

Seems quite well done. Can share with future SSDC students

16 minutes ago, Siphon said:

oh ya~ hahaha that part... i usually divert when i see more than 4 bikes there... then since i'm doing CR... hahaa i bo chap just honk and pass the cars... at most kanna finger shake by the instructors hahaha... 

I found this interesting site

https://ssdcbike.weebly.com/

Seems quite well done. Can share with future SSDC students

haha i very nice just stay behind cos infront got another learner bike dun dare to move.. n the cars are really.. unpredictable... 

oh i saw this site when i sign up that time oso.. pretty useful indeed 

20 hours ago, Nakuru said:

Will buy for sure this weekend.

10 hours ago, adesmond2 said:

yes.. definitely need to pay.. $50 if I'm not wrong.. (cuz I change last year) haha..

install box ba.. easier.. haha..

and same.. I got a set of clothing at my work place.. but WFH = all back home already...

Hahha, just pay once...and look handsome all the time!
On L plate bike.. how to install box? LOL

Today really busy with work and no time to reply to this thread earlier.. slept early yesterday..
.... on the way home.. saw a P-plate scooter ride next to cement truck.. not a good idea..

1 hour ago, snooptrader said:

Will buy for sure this weekend.

Hahha, just pay once...and look handsome all the time!
On L plate bike.. how to install box? LOL

Today really busy with work and no time to reply to this thread earlier.. slept early yesterday..
.... on the way home.. saw a P-plate scooter ride next to cement truck.. not a good idea..

L plate if don't have space to put can get those sticker type. Police aren't too particular for bikes. because they also know got constrain. As long as the SIZE looks correct. 

As for the scooter... prob never come here and see all our advise lo... else is just not thinking and just riding... 

5 minutes ago, Siphon said:

L plate if don't have space to put can get those sticker type. Police aren't too particular for bikes. because they also know got constrain. As long as the SIZE looks correct. 

As for the scooter... prob never come here and see all our advise lo... else is just not thinking and just riding... 

He is L plate not P plate la.. he saying learner bike how to put box 😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Nakuru said:

He is L plate not P plate la.. he saying learner bike how to put box 😂

HAHAHAA ... wah i totally misread that... hahaha... triangle became L... and P well.. is the malaysian P plate... forgot about the L plate... until u say it. 

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, Siphon said:

I'll sure put on the stick... plus on bike and helmet... so won't miss.... :D

15 hours ago, snooptrader said:

I'll sure put on the stick... plus on bike and helmet... so won't miss.... :D

no need on the helmet la.. tt 1 make u look stupid nia.. u can instead buy those reflective 3m sticker n stick a pattern out.. haha

31 minutes ago, Nakuru said:

no need on the helmet la.. tt 1 make u look stupid nia.. u can instead buy those reflective 3m sticker n stick a pattern out.. haha

haha put on helmet confirm nobody will miss the label... but hor @snooptradershare with you hor... some people... see P plate will terrorize u more one... i've seen it happened and purposely put myself in between them to create space for the poor guy that's prob riding on his new bike the first few times... can see he super stress but the lorry behind was just tail gating him for fun. There are alot of A******* like that on the road... so its a double edge sword. 

Most people will give u way but there will always be that 1-2 idoits.... 

Edited by Siphon
  • Sad 1