SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Class 3A or 3?

Keynes

What licence would you take?  

212 members have voted

1. 1. What licence would you take?

• Class 3A (automatic car)?
    • Class 3 (manual and automatic car)?

get class 3 license for the flexibility,

by auto car for relak drive..

simple~

signature.gileraFXR180.signature.signature.signature.

signature.signature.signature.signature.signature.

signature.signature.hyusongCometGT125.signature.

signature.gileraDNA180.signature.signature.signature.

signature.signature.signature.gileraRunnerVXR200.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

of course is cls 3..those 3A might as well dun go and take..waste money.

http://www.mcnews.com.au/NewBikeCatalogue/2001/Honda/Images_02/CBR954/CBR954_Logo.jpg

--- Honda ---

--- Power of Dreams ---

--- 2003 - 2004: TZR125 ---FG7889Z

--- 2004 - 2007: NSR150SP ---FQ8539A

--- 2007 - Current: CBR400RRR ---FMXXXXZ

4 what i noe clas 3a cars are much more expensive compared to manual n manual is much faster than auto

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii203/petzlica/sparknrxz.jpg

DEC 05-May 07 : Yamaha RxZ

May 07-July 08: Yamaha Spark 135 White Standard Coverset

Aug 08-Jan 10: Yamaha Spark 135 ALL Black Coverset

Jan 11-May 14... Yamaha Spark 135 Ver 2010 Red

Why get so offended? just a poll on whether to get class 3 or 3A ma...lol..

no one is saying cannot take 3A ... just that class3 holders are allow to drive BOTH anto and manual, and of cos a class 3 holder can buy a auto car and drive it. Where 3A holder can ONLY drive a auto. I prefer to learn the harder way and allow myself to drive a wider range of cars instead of auto only. In situation when your friend/relative is not feeling well, drunk...you can also assist them to drive their manual car... I find it good to have a full class 3 on standby, never know when are you going to need it one day.

Since wanna get car licence, I just choose to take the "whole" class 3 lo.

• 10 months later...

gd luck in ur class 3 btw its a last yr thread u also revive it :)

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/DSC00090-1.jpghttp://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h10/WesT_Spec-1/WESTSPEC.jpg

The Light Began to dim.. Music Fading out.. I Begin to Miss You

......................The Visual Cycle..........................

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Smaller cc Car also quite a few..

Kia Picanto

Hyundai Getz

Toyota Vios

Suzuki Swift

Honda Jazz

We the safe riders, pledge to be alert at all times,considerate to other road users and follow all traffic rules so as to make riding a safer and more enjoyable experience.

We pledge to ride safely and stay alive.

• 2 months later...

i personally think guys who take class 3A and not 3 is a ku niang. Alot of girls are having class 3 even 4 and 5 some even up to class 2. I think man should possess everything. it doesnt matter you are driving a manual car or a auto car in the future.To know more you can gain more respect from the female counterpart.

I know technologies now adays are very advanced. Everywhere is auto transmission car. but who knows 1 day u go to a 3rd world country and you want to rent a car but there is no auto car available?

No wonder friends from oversea says, Singaporean are spoon fed, cannot survive outside. MANUAL car also dont know how drive and you say u have a driving license. Its not about the car, its about the license.

Singapore should implement class 3A for handicapped personel only!

But 3A for everyone also allow us to see who is ku niang and who is not. LOL

When alot of people have 3A only and you got 2b 2a 2 3 4 5, you are god.

KANTONG also 1 shot KANTONG. LOL

no question/contest on this, definitely Class 3 manual; not because of the "racer boy" or that "manual car got better control" bullshit (yes i believe that is rubbish, nowadays dual clutch PDK, whatever technologies can beat a traditional manual--if talking about quickness and accuracy of shifts & control of vehicle);

that said, some regions in the world still stick to mainly manual transmissions, so it's better to equip yourself with a proper license; i was surprised to find that Germany (vehicular and mechanical haven) still predominantly sticks to manual cars, yes even "higher end" models like Audi A6, BMW 5 series, mostly manual---so driving a manual should be second nature!

i recall doing a road-trip/touring cross states when i was there in a BMW and Chrysler, both manual transmission

PS: the 6-speed shifter on the BMW is totally bad ass

Safety first, danger second

i personally think guys who take class 3A and not 3 is a ku niang. Alot of girls are having class 3 even 4 and 5 some even up to class 2. I think man should possess everything. it doesnt matter you are driving a manual car or a auto car in the future.To know more you can gain more respect from the female counterpart.

I know technologies now adays are very advanced. Everywhere is auto transmission car. but who knows 1 day u go to a 3rd world country and you want to rent a car but there is no auto car available?

No wonder friends from oversea says, Singaporean are spoon fed, cannot survive outside. MANUAL car also dont know how drive and you say u have a driving license. Its not about the car, its about the license.

Singapore should implement class 3A for handicapped personel only!

But 3A for everyone also allow us to see who is ku niang and who is not. LOL

When alot of people have 3A only and you got 2b 2a 2 3 4 5, you are god.

KANTONG also 1 shot KANTONG. LOL

so am i your god???:angel::angel::angel:short of a taxi VL only.

cannot say like that lah

some ppl take 3A because the right hand/leg cannot work together with the rest of the body mah.....

another type of ppl is those belongs to the A.S.K and F.I.R group

A.S.K= ah sia kia

F.I.R=father is rich

pass already just drive the merc or beemer.

should restrict license of class 3/3A 1st 2 years to drive 1800cc and below.

no question/contest on this, definitely Class 3 manual; not because of the "racer boy" or that "manual car got better control" bullshit (yes i believe that is rubbish, nowadays dual clutch PDK, whatever technologies can beat a traditional manual--if talking about quickness and accuracy of shifts & control of vehicle);

that said, some regions in the world still stick to mainly manual transmissions, so it's better to equip yourself with a proper license; i was surprised to find that Germany (vehicular and mechanical haven) still predominantly sticks to manual cars, yes even "higher end" models like Audi A6, BMW 5 series, mostly manual---so driving a manual should be second nature!

i recall doing a road-trip/touring cross states when i was there in a BMW and Chrysler, both manual transmission

PS: the 6-speed shifter on the BMW is totally bad ass

from my point of view

a M/T car will be able to handle better

better FC

cheaper to maintain

feel more like driving.

auto like drive forklift liketat.:angel:

own a auto car ONCE.gave up.

unless is a euro made.:thumb:

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

well, difffent ppl diffrent point of view....it all depends on the driver wannabe.... if lazy juz take auto coz singapore forever jam and it will be quite handy. even easier on a slope.. even shopping malls carpark got jam on a slope!!.. .. if going out of sing, manual will be good.... i own a hoda fit auto for 2 years and has no problem and any breakdown too... some more fc is not bad can go up to 15km/l.. i u wanna drive a lorry or bus go ahead take manual coz im not driving one... peace!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82454896@N07/7554745564/

tonychan! i stand corrected, "feel more like driving"? of course manual gives more motivation to go for a ride! but also i want to clarify, yes manual will give better control than the usual "4AT" or nowadays "5AT" in japanese/korean cars, but i think it's hard for human (manual) to equal, let alone beat, things like the dual-clutch thing on (e.g.) Golf GTI, Porsche, what-not sequential manuals (Alfa Selespeed, Maserati etc) but then again that's another league on it's own;

one beef i have is with the new AT drivers (some or maybe most with class 3A) who don't hold 2B, never ride bike before, just so easy step-and-go in their auto cars, no regard whatsoever for bikers, because they don't APPRECIATE the mechanics of a vehicle (car/bike)..

pardon, OT already, should be in another thread this one

tonychan! i stand corrected, "feel more like driving"? of course manual gives more motivation to go for a ride! but also i want to clarify, yes manual will give better control than the usual "4AT" or nowadays "5AT" in japanese/korean cars, but i think it's hard for human (manual) to equal, let alone beat, things like the dual-clutch thing on (e.g.) Golf GTI, Porsche, what-not sequential manuals (Alfa Selespeed, Maserati etc) but then again that's another league on it's own;

one beef i have is with the new AT drivers (some or maybe most with class 3A) who don't hold 2B, never ride bike before, just so easy step-and-go in their auto cars, no regard whatsoever for bikers, because they don't APPRECIATE the mechanics of a vehicle (car/bike)..

pardon, OT already, should be in another thread this one

aiyo you angry har?

this is my point of view.

i was thinking the same as you.AT cars are so easy to drive for new learner...

great mind thinks alike!!

should ask those who dun have bike license go for a 1 day lesson,how to look out for bike.

a lot of the driver dun even wanna check blind spot,that is very dangerous

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

aiyo, nono, relax, sorry maybe i sound angry, long day;

hey but yes, a lot of drivers dont look out enough for bike--but that's not the worst yet; some have the thinking that bikes are lesser type of transport, have to give way to cars, so they just push, knowing that sure the bike will yield first--that is frustrating

well, difffent ppl diffrent point of view....it all depends on the driver wannabe.... if lazy juz take auto coz singapore forever jam and it will be quite handy. even easier on a slope.. even shopping malls carpark got jam on a slope!!.. .. if going out of sing, manual will be good.... i own a hoda fit auto for 2 years and has no problem and any breakdown too... some more fc is not bad can go up to 15km/l.. i u wanna drive a lorry or bus go ahead take manual coz im not driving one... peace!

well its not about the car you drive. Its about the license. Get a manual class 3 license and get a auto car! Dont tell me because of getting a auto transmission car, den dont get class 3 and go for class 3A.

aiyo, nono, relax, sorry maybe i sound angry, long day;

hey but yes, a lot of drivers dont look out enough for bike--but that's not the worst yet; some have the thinking that bikes are lesser type of transport, have to give way to cars, so they just push, knowing that sure the bike will yield first--that is frustrating

agree! Those who drives think they r rich and think people who rides are poor people who cant afford car. i seriously pity them have to stuck in the jams during peak hour.

some of the drivers actually want to challenge my bike see who is faster.

sekali they are only equipped with class 3A license driving parent's car. HAHA. lose also nvm. Lose on class 3, challenge them class 2b. Lose again challenge them 2A, lose again challenge them class 2. Lose again challenge them class4, lose again challenge them class 5..whahaa..if they only got 3A and cant take on the challenge u win. only ku niang take 3A.

i have class 2b 2a 3 and 4. getting 2 and 5 once the time is ripe. HAHAHAHA.

The more ppl with 3A the more i LOOK GODLY.

• 5 months later...

Class 3 gives u the flexibility of driving both types of vehicles. Y put restrictions on yourself?

My parents have an auto 2.4 liter auto Toyota camry >.> but I still took manual class 3 license :D

It’s not difficult to pass class 3, id advice new drivers to take up 3 instead of 3A.

2B-KRR(SOLD)

2A-GSXR400(SCRAPPED),ZXR400(SOLD)

2-R1

3-TOYOTA CAMRY

http://www.1000ps.at/magazin/yamaha/yamaha_r1_8gross.jpg