SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Chain Cleaning - Various ways & methods

Tai

Originally posted by ahbee10@Aug 11 2006, 11:52 PM

thanks a lot...i finally know leh..how much is the sprocket normally? anyone know shop which is not so expensive coz me budget..scared become CARROT-HEAD..

do look at the s4 component list...its stated there....not expensive loh...but do check if ur sprocket teeth is sharpen....den u better not wait..Change it immediately.... :cheer:

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k175/des_child75/signature/watermark.jpg

Ink and Needles is where i feels my pain...I am a 60km/h rider so don't horn at me ... ...

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i personally use diesel to clean if the chain is very dirty. then use engine oil to lub the chain until the chain is well lubricated. will do that every 2 to 3 days then every week lub once or after riding in the rain.

just my contribution...

cheers...

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

Originally posted by alfred84@Sep 30 2006, 10:01 PM

Saw a few previous thread on cleaning and maintaining the chain however I have some quires. It is use GT75 to clean the chain than apply maxima to lubricate the chain? May I know also GT75 and maxima where can get cheapest?

don noe whether this is the cheapest place to get it from but i got it from there ...

$10 for GT 85 (its 85 not 75)

$20 for the maxima chain lube

MUSTAFA CENTRE

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h316/qaihonda/DSC00442.jpg

I Am Still Loving It !!! :angel:

Originally posted by alfred84@Sep 30 2006, 10:01 PM

Saw a few previous thread on cleaning and maintaining the chain however I have some quires. It is use GT75 to clean the chain than apply maxima to lubricate the chain? May I know also GT75 and maxima where can get cheapest?

maxima chain max costs $9 (small) @ eddy ong amk industrial 1

http://files.conceptcarz.com/img/mitsuoka/le-seyde%20a%20type%202.0.jpg

Sometimes

We just don't appreciate those people who really care for us

Until they leave us

Until we lose them

Then we regret

Outer beauty doesn't matter; it's the inner one that counts

It's better to tell someone how much you love them

Originally posted by Qaihonda@Oct 1 2006, 06:00 AM

don noe whether this is the cheapest place to get it from but i got it from there ...

$10 for GT 85 (its 85 not 75)

$20 for the maxima chain lube

MUSTAFA CENTRE

$20 for the maxima chain lube (big) :smile:

Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

kerosene to clean chain and engine oil to lubricate chain ......my 2 cents worth .....

changed my chain on 31 oct....coming 20,000km le......still haven't adjusted yet ...pillion all the time ......

:smile: :thumb:

color=red]For our sins.........................HooAH[/color]

Me use cooking oil and brush to clean the sludge off the chain. Then wash the bike and chain. Ride my bike a while to clear off the water and use the Putoline GP1 chain jelly(black cap at Ah Boy). Then top it up with Castrol Chain Wax to keep the lube in the links. Leave it overnight.

c",)

"Don't do onto others, what you don't want others to do onto you"

"What goes around, comes around"

Originally posted by mudman@Oct 2 2006, 01:08 PM

kerosene to clean chain and engine oil to lubricate chain ......my 2 cents worth .....

changed my chain on 31 oct....coming 20,000km le......still haven't adjusted yet ...pillion all the time ......

:smile: :thumb:

That's the way bro! :smile:

Some biker once said " If u haven't been to Gerik, U haven't been touring in Malaysia".

if the lube dun seep into the chain links, i feel there is no point to even lube! cos the main purpose is to let oil seep in to provide lubrication to reduce wear n tear...

I just cleaned my chain with kerosene, washed with soap...ride it for about 10 mins and then oiled the chain with engine oil...wah the different is rather great...

I have never washed my chain in my entire life..only oil it once a week...so my chain is always rather dirty looking...

My new chain just changed 1 month ago and I never oiled or washed so far..initially looked rather clean and tot no need to wash...after checking this thread tot of trying wats stated here...when i applied the kerosene, I see all the dust particles and grease all flowing oil...

didnt know the chain can be so dirty inside and look clean on the outside...then after washing the chain, the chain looks brand new...oiled with engine oil and left it overnight...

MUST HAVE THE DISCIPLINE TO CONTINUE DOING THIS...

Thanks to all the super 4 bros for their info...cheersssssssssss

Yamaha TZM 150 => Honda Super 4 Version S => Yamaha Majesty 250 => Yamaha FZ6N => Aprilia Atlantic 200 => Suzuki GSXR400K

Originally posted by alfred84@Oct 6 2006, 08:53 AM

Is there any convenient way to clean the chain? Is it possible to lift up the rear wheel so that it can be turned?

Main stand or Paddock stand :cheeky:

Originally posted by super4newbie@Oct 6 2006, 12:14 AM

I just cleaned my chain with kerosene, washed with soap...ride it for about 10 mins and then oiled the chain with engine oil...wah the different is rather great...

I have never washed my chain in my entire life..only oil it once a week...so my chain is always rather dirty looking...

My new chain just changed 1 month ago and I never oiled or washed so far..initially looked rather clean and tot no need to wash...after checking this thread tot of trying wats stated here...when i applied the kerosene, I see all the dust particles and grease all flowing oil...

didnt know the chain can be so dirty inside and look clean on the outside...then after washing the chain, the chain looks brand new...oiled with engine oil and left it overnight...

MUST HAVE THE DISCIPLINE TO CONTINUE DOING THIS...

Thanks to all the super 4 bros for their info...cheersssssssssss

all the dirt n sand and watever u can find on the road, it can get stuck on the chain n into its moving parts. so once in a while must clean the chain with some cleaning agent then lube the chain again.

cos always spray n no clean will get the accumulative effect. :giddy: meaning more dirt is stuck n didn't clean it off.

oil ur chain as frequently as u can. cleaning wise can do it once a month or when u r free. but then still up to individual...

cheers bro... :thumb:

Originally posted by skateboy@Oct 6 2006, 04:38 PM

all the dirt n sand and watever u can find on the road, it can get stuck on the chain n into its moving parts. so once in a while must clean the chain with some cleaning agent then lube the chain again.

cos always spray n no clean will get the accumulative effect. :giddy: meaning more dirt is stuck n didn't clean it off.

oil ur chain as frequently as u can. cleaning wise can do it once a month or when u r free. but then still up to individual...

cheers bro... :thumb:

ya bros..

discipline is something we must have .......such as strict mileage to oil chain, strict mileage to wash chain and so on and so forth .....

let this spirit of sharing cont' bro .....glad the info helped you ..........=)

cheers bro :smile: :thumb:

color=red]For our sins.........................HooAH[/color]

Riding after cleaning and oiling the chain feels better too...

a car jack or stand really helps with the cleaning...check yahoo autions..got some guys selling jacks for $22...can buy if ya wanna

Yamaha TZM 150 => Honda Super 4 Version S => Yamaha Majesty 250 => Yamaha FZ6N => Aprilia Atlantic 200 => Suzuki GSXR400K

• 2 weeks later...

it will kena the wheel...but it can be cleaned very easily with soap...you would rather clean your rim and change your chain sooner than you should rite....hehehehehe

pour engine oil into a container like the ones in some bike shops or the chillisauce dispenser to lube the chain....

Originally posted by ahbee10@Oct 18 2006, 02:17 PM

how to use hydraulic jack?? my s4 only have side stand..can it be use with the jack???i always have problem cleaning chain coz hard to turn the chain round n round...

if got main stand no need jack liao mah.

if only got side stand need car jack. u go bikeshop see how ppl jack the bike up to remove wheel u know liao lor.

i love dividends.