SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Yup the new gortex FOC & confirm waterproof if U laced up properly..lol

wa...DIY maybe we could get together 1 day to do wrapping....lol

tats a gd idea :thumb:

but wont be rewrapping so soon, will have to wire up my USB charger and install some other stuffs from ebay 1st :angel:

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

Present: R1200GS,DRZ400SM,FLTR[RoadGlide]

tats a gd idea :thumb:

but wont be rewrapping so soon, will have to wire up my USB charger and install some other stuffs from ebay 1st :angel:

No problem mate.....

I not yet purchase the wrap oso...lol

BTW saw the agent selling it at $150.... (black)

it would be better to get it off the net or??

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

No problem mate.....

I not yet purchase the wrap oso...lol

BTW saw the agent selling it at $150.... (black)

it would be better to get it off the net or??

ya, it's abt tat price locally, but think the length is much longer than wat we need...

did see online selling less than half the price but dunno hows the quality leh...

Past: TA150,XVS400,ST1100,TW200,YP250,XL883R,RXK125,FUOCO500IE,R1200C,TW200,FLSTF,XL883L,KLE650B

ya, it's abt tat price locally, but think the length is much longer than wat we need...

did see online selling less than half the price but dunno hows the quality leh...

yup that y....

coz if agent screw up still can go kp to them...lol

any idea the length needed for our headers?

Think I be wrapping my pipes oso as they are blueing under too much heat coz I rev too much...lol

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

I use ankle high boots which shapes like office shoes, water resistant enough for light showers. Bought at Penin.

I'm using Timberland Goretex boots for rainy weather. Looks good with pants and keeps your feet dry. You can do some hiking on the side too! Got them for $99, down from $299 at the Timberland Factory Outlet at IMM about 3-4 months back. Quite good prices though, definitely worth the trip down if you don't mind past season's models.

for local use, i am on my 3rd pair of sidi mid tour boots, normally a pair last me around 2 to 3 years, think price is around $220

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Sidi-Sport-Rain-Boots.jpg

for touring, i use the sidi vertigo gore-tex for little more extra protection, price i think is $280

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/223032/images/sidi-vertigo-gore-tex.jpg

Thanks for some ideas. I am a lace-hater.

haha... me using the FOC gortex boots... :thumb:

everyone should have one... kekeke...

Good for rain? I have the old leather boots which cracked already.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

So far so gd for the FOC one...

Just need to kiwi and keep the lace tight :angel:

What I like is the quick action lace system :thumb:

yup that y....

coz if agent screw up still can go kp to them...lol

any idea the length needed for our headers?

Think I be wrapping my pipes oso as they are blueing under too much heat coz I rev too much...lol

I've roughly measured my existing ones, think 7-8m should do the job :thumb:

Well, there are quite a number of waterproof available in the market & at a very gd darn price....

Sigma Middle-cut(100% waterproof as tested) $120 to $130 Chong Aik (lasted me for more than 1.5 yrs & still going strong)

Oxford middle- cut (100% waterproof as tested) $160 Motoworld $180 high cut (pass to my kaki as seldom wear)

RJAYS high cut (100% waterproof but nv try b4) $160 to $180 Regina

I've roughly measured my existing ones, think 7-8m should do the job :thumb:

that sound good....

If get fr the CMO it only about $80 exclude the cable ties....

BTW that is just the headers right?

O ya is your side panniers from National Cycle?

am thinking of either hard side panniers or saddlebag from Kurahyan (think I got the spelling wrong ...lol) or installing a H&B gobi metal box at the rear but abit...hmmm

Edited by stwb1981

I use ankle high boots which shapes like office shoes, water resistant enough for light showers. Bought at Penin.

I'm using Timberland Goretex boots for rainy weather. Looks good with pants and keeps your feet dry. You can do some hiking on the side too! Got them for $99, down from $299 at the Timberland Factory Outlet at IMM about 3-4 months back. Quite good prices though, definitely worth the trip down if you don't mind past season's models.

for local use, i am on my 3rd pair of sidi mid tour boots, normally a pair last me around 2 to 3 years, think price is around $220

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/photogallerys/Sidi-Sport-Rain-Boots.jpg

for touring, i use the sidi vertigo gore-tex for little more extra protection, price i think is $280

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/upload/223032/images/sidi-vertigo-gore-tex.jpg

haha... me using the FOC gortex boots... :thumb:

everyone should have one... kekeke...

Well, there are quite a number of waterproof available in the market & at a very gd darn price....

Sigma Middle-cut(100% waterproof as tested) $120 to $130 Chong Aik (lasted me for more than 1.5 yrs & still going strong)

Oxford middle- cut (100% waterproof as tested) $160 Motoworld $180 high cut (pass to my kaki as seldom wear)

RJAYS high cut (100% waterproof but nv try b4) $160 to $180 Regina

Bookmarked for reference.

My Rides:

that sound good....

If get fr the CMO it only about $80 exclude the cable ties....

BTW that is just the headers right?

O ya is your side panniers from National Cycle?

am thinking of either hard side panniers or saddlebag from Kurahyan (think I got the spelling wrong ...lol) or installing a H&B gobi metal box at the rear but abit...hmmm

Yup 8m is gd for header only...

My 2 boxes r from previous owner (was told by some can get same from LAB)

And I go Seng Kwang custom made the mounting brackets :thumb:

Read up on using wrap on stock headers. I read on HD Forums that a few bikes headers corrode as the temp is very high (the wrap keeps the heat in the pipe) and if it gets wet often, chance of corrosion and broke pipe.

Read up on using wrap on stock headers. I read on HD Forums that a few bikes headers corrode as the temp is very high (the wrap keeps the heat in the pipe) and if it gets wet often, chance of corrosion and broke pipe.

mine seems ok at the moment...

will inspect when rewrapping...

btw, our stock header not stainless steel one meh? :sian:

Would be interested in hearing how it is after rewrapping. Also, if using black wrap, it tends to fade so best just to repaint it.

The headers are not stainless steel. No point as they are covered by the chrome heat shields.

+ 1...good mechanic will advise you not to wrap it in the 1st place

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

Yup 8m is gd for header only...

My 2 boxes r from previous owner (was told by some can get same from LAB)

And I go Seng Kwang custom made the mounting brackets :thumb:

hmm ook...

care to share how much U gt the brackets custom at sengkwang?

Would be interested in hearing how it is after rewrapping. Also, if using black wrap, it tends to fade so best just to repaint it.

The headers are not stainless steel. No point as they are covered by the chrome heat shields.

I beg to diff on this....

Most headers are stainless steel just that the purity of it...

Stock headers usually not so pure thus will rust over a period of time...

Mine is quite gone...haha

Thinking of wrapping up to "beautify" my headers & pipe as my pipe are blueing too much...lol

+ 1...good mechanic will advise you not to wrap it in the 1st place

Frankly, all have diff say in wrapping of headers...

Good or bad...?

Headache....lol

Frankly, all have diff say in wrapping of headers...

Good or bad...?

Headache....lol

I would wrap so that I dun have to headache over shining the chrome.

My Rides:

I would wrap so that I dun have to headache over shining the chrome.

Haha....

good one mate...lol :cheeky:

The thing i heard about wrapping is that, Singapore is hot and humid, hence wrapping will actually cause some sort of corrosion. The guys in US, Europe and Japan wrap theirs and they 'perform better', it's due to the temperatures they have there. So i think wrapping with a rather thin wrap, at 1/4 overlaps at most, and one layered, should be our best bet if we really want to wrap.

I have the best signature.

The thing i heard about wrapping is that, Singapore is hot and humid, hence wrapping will actually cause some sort of corrosion. The guys in US, Europe and Japan wrap theirs and they 'perform better', it's due to the temperatures they have there. So i think wrapping with a rather thin wrap, at 1/4 overlaps at most, and one layered, should be our best bet if we really want to wrap.

If your wrapping for cosmetic reasons, then the 1/4 should be ok. The wraps were intended to help contain the heat in the pipes and force it directly out. Not really sure how effective it is at that.

The issue is in SG, it will rain a lot, so the headers retain a lot of heat, and then you throw in cold water that stays in the wrap and then park, will corrode the pipes. If your covering up already rusted headers, then no problems. But will probably shorten the life. Also, if your running complete systems like thuderheaders and not just slip ons, most wraps will void the warranty.

Remember to take off the headers and wet the wrap for a nice tight wrap. Will smoke a bit at first and dont be surprised if while raining, your bike emits huge clouds of steam ;).

Just received my new helmet and riding gloves.

Helmet - Scorpion Exo 100. 1/2 helmet with integrated tinted. I also ordered the clear visor. Cost US$119.

Gloves - tourmaster summer gloves. US$19. I wanted something short of gauntlet style but stil thin.

scorpion.jpg

Helmet seems heavy but then its DOT and XXL. The comments on the forums praise its lightness, so maybe its just me having the cheap skid lids.

I ordered off of Riders Discount. Took 3 weeks to deliver but shipping cost is only US$25. Need to pay via paypal and send an email first as they do not include SG as destination country. They have a pretty good selection of bike stuff.

Real Hog is my second favorite for selection and cheaper shipping.

Ebay also has some good deals for shipping.

I find I can save almost 1/2 the cost of buying in SG if I can find cheaper shipping.

Happy shopping.

Finally confirmed With Bakers have 6 speed transmission for sporty....

Est to be ard S$4k with shipping...hmmmm

Here the link.....

http://store.bakerdrivetrain.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=202&type=4&eq=&key=it

Finally confirmed With Bakers have 6 speed transmission for sporty....

Est to be ard S$4k with shipping...hmmmm

Here the link.....

http://store.bakerdrivetrain.com/ProductDesc.aspx?code=202&type=4&eq=&key=it

Does that include labor to install the 6 speed? $k is a bit steep to have the extra gear imho. On my 96ci, I really dont use the 6th gear until over 120kph, but thats a different bike.

Nice Helmet there.

Comtemplating to get a Bell Shorty from "thebellshop" online. As it seems to be the only reliable brand.

Mind sharing where you get info on the Scorpion Expo??

Just received my new helmet and riding gloves.

Helmet - Scorpion Exo 100. 1/2 helmet with integrated tinted. I also ordered the clear visor. Cost US$119.

Gloves - tourmaster summer gloves. US$19. I wanted something short of gauntlet style but stil thin.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]183336[/ATTACH]

Helmet seems heavy but then its DOT and XXL. The comments on the forums praise its lightness, so maybe its just me having the cheap skid lids.

I ordered off of Riders Discount. Took 3 weeks to deliver but shipping cost is only US$25. Need to pay via paypal and send an email first as they do not include SG as destination country. They have a pretty good selection of bike stuff.

Real Hog is my second favorite for selection and cheaper shipping.

Ebay also has some good deals for shipping.

I find I can save almost 1/2 the cost of buying in SG if I can find cheaper shipping.

Happy shopping.