SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Harley Riders gather

Guest easyrider

Thanks Friedfishz and stbw,

Which do you think I should go to if I also want to do my double disc conversion? Can a non Harley Pro shop like Combine Motor do it or is it a better idea to go to Sunburst?

Well, any proficient shop is able to do it if U can source all the parts....

but if u need the mech to get all the parts that will be a Harley Pro Shop usually...

but no harm asking ard non pro shop...

Regards

Steven

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

Well, any proficient shop is able to do it if U can source all the parts....

but if u need the mech to get all the parts that will be a Harley Pro Shop usually...

but no harm asking ard non pro shop...

Regards

Steven

Alright thanks guys. I will ride around to visit both Combine Motor and Sunburst next week and take a look at what they can do!

Isit with Harleys only tat FI can't push start?

my 10th bike then, Kawasaki ZX12R (00) is a FI bike & i have no problem push starting the bike at 2nd or 3rd gear.

My another ride shared with my bro is a CBR1000RR (05), once had a issue with the stator coil (they are notorious for that) & I push started the bike as well...

So I see no issues with push starting a FI bike...

Please enlighten ....

Cheers

Typical idoitic answer form sunhog...

they are meant for Rich guys not me & not You maybe (hence his attitude)

I did had a bad bad experience with them too....

Just screw them, there are many Harley Pro shops around & as said before my $$$ is on Sun brust Ah Yee....

Also there is a new Harley Pro Shop opening in Toh Guan area by 2 previous Harley Agent Mechs...

Any one has any clues about that?

Cheers!!!

Yup Combine Motor Ah Hock has good reputation points on doing Harleys & it is one of the non Harley Pro shop as they do other bikes...

Any way Harleys are very simple & durable engine. With a good manual & a set of tools, It can be a very hands-on thing...

Cheers!!!

I think that if the battery is totally flat, then cannot push start the bike as the FI needs some juice to deliver fuel. But if the battery is not completely dead, that is it has some juice to run the FI but not enough to turn over, then you should be able to push start. Most batteries have some spark left in them. Hope its not a road king or some other 600kg bike though.

Isit with Harleys only tat FI can't push start?

my 10th bike then, Kawasaki ZX12R (00) is a FI bike & i have no problem push starting the bike at 2nd or 3rd gear.

My another ride shared with my bro is a CBR1000RR (05), once had a issue with the stator coil (they are notorious for that) & I push started the bike as well...

So I see no issues with push starting a FI bike...

Please enlighten ....

Cheers

Theres nothing to enlighten. If you say you can push start a FI Harley where battery is flat, u arrange a day and time, i will come and see it. i use to have a 97 FI model Road king for 5 years and it doesnt work at all, and am now riding Harleys for 12 years. Will be really interested if you can do so.

Hi anyone know where i can get customized leather (or equivalent) wrap done for tank and maybe cowl for my bike.

Side note, which HD group hangs out at Changi V?

Thx in advance..

You can try Eugene's Saddlery or Barb, guys shop is on Kledek. Do a search on the accessories section and you can see opinions/locations for them.

Hi anyone know where i can get customized leather (or equivalent) wrap done for tank and maybe cowl for my bike.

Thx in advance..

I think I've seen several or most groups at Changi V one time or another... who were you looking for?

If it has t!ts or a kickstand, I can ride it. :cool:

Thx in advance..

I think most groups like to hang out there every now and then.

What type of customized leather you are looking for? I know a guy on freelance doing leather stuff for most covers. I had my IU wrapped with black snake skin and he did some custom calf leather pouch meant for IU too. Bascially, he make anything out of leather. Let me know if you are interested.

I think that if the battery is totally flat, then cannot push start the bike as the FI needs some juice to deliver fuel. But if the battery is not completely dead, that is it has some juice to run the FI but not enough to turn over, then you should be able to push start. Most batteries have some spark left in them. Hope its not a road king or some other 600kg bike though.

Yup, agree with that mate esp on the part of the road king or 600kg bike...

confirm drop dead...lol

With regards to which pro shop is better, I always believe each to his own....

100% agree with either Eugene Saddlery or Barb...they mayb slightly more ex but their workmanship & quality make up for everything...!!!

Theres nothing to enlighten. If you say you can push start a FI Harley where battery is flat, u arrange a day and time, i will come and see it. i use to have a 97 FI model Road king for 5 years and it doesnt work at all, and am now riding Harleys for 12 years. Will be really interested if you can do so.

Well i confirm dun wan push start a road king...sure drop dead...lol

I a very new harley rider thus certain areas in harley are very new to me esp the wiring... (compared with Jap bikes)

Well if that the case

i'm lucky coz mine is a carb so able to push start...

I just surprise that FI Harleys aren't able to push start that why ask for "enlightment"....

So take it easy mate....

We are all learning everyday...

Biking is a nv stop learning process....

Cheers!!!

Steven, where is the harley workshop u mentioned at Toh Guan?

No idea oso...

thta what i heard & it confirm but dun noe where...hmm

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

EFI can be push start..i did once on my nightster due battery flat but it was down a mscp ramp...but if on flat road i dont think it is easy cause of the weight and geometry of a cruiser

ook so it can be push start but of course bets down a ramp or sort to make life easier....

must really try it my self to push start a harley ....hmm