SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF DUCATI Monster

Guest Azman79

Originally posted by nE0@Jan 1 2005, 05:39 PM

My bike is not running well again :sian:

Recently, one wet morning the forward cylinder refused to fire. Removed the spark plug to find it totally black and dripping wet! Replaced with a spare one, managed to stumble my way to work, bike misfiring all the way in low rpms.

Now its running fine again, but I hope that doesn't happen again. Gonna get my carbs serviced, maybe change the needles and float.

its a common duke problem. even happens to my bike. when you're riding in the rain, the fwd wheel spits water on the the fwd cylinder and naturally water seeps in. (its freaking sucky, i know)

im thinking of applying high temp sealant around the area, see if it works.

Current rides: Ducati 999 and X9 500 SL

• Replies 14.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious? But I think mine is a carb problem, cos occasionally it would get stuck in high RPMs, then only after afew twists of the trottle will the RPMs then settle back to normal...

Something inside is sticky, and i gotta find out what!

hmm..

yours does sound like a carb problem. probably something wrong with the main jet or needle jet.

but, does the problem of cylinder misfing happen whenver you ride in the rain? if it does, then consider my situation.

Current rides: Ducati 999 and X9 500 SL

I rode for about two hours in the rain today, totally soaked through my goretex boots, so you can imagine.... :sian:

No misfiring problems! :thumb: But the engine did get stuck in higher rpms every now and then, happened twice. My guess is the float is stuck, thus allowing too much fuel to flood the cylinder.

Originally posted by shoei@Jan 2 2005, 08:17 PM

yeah it might be the float over turn...did u drop ur bike recently?

rootbeer float??? keke... :cheeky:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Originally posted by shoei@Jan 2 2005, 08:17 PM

yeah it might be the float over turn...did u drop ur bike recently?

Never! :giddy: I did drop it about two months ago due to shitty diesel on the road on a rainy day, thats about it.

I got a pair of Ducati Performance Oval Aluminum Termignoni slip-ons for sale. Still in perfect condition. It comes with custom made removable stainless steel baffles to cut the sound for local roads. Will give extra grunt on lower end of rev range. Will fit all M400 till M900 series. Original price $1400. Asking for $800 for the pair. Willing to let owner try first before buying. Pls call 90939889 if interested.

Commuting & Sillyness - '00 Suzuki DRZ4000S

Grins & Giggles - '02 KTM 200exc

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2410/2405298648_6af6209755.jpg?v=0

Baja Cali '07

Guest oddyseus

wah..... dukes are special machines..since 916, monstros.... i like em, but got no guts to tahan them...very fragile women....hot ,overheat.. rain, cannot start. Wasnt meant to be...:cry:

Originally posted by nE0@Jan 3 2005, 10:06 PM

KnNs, hmmm. Well, whatever it is, I"m planning in servicing the carbs plus changing the needles, floats, and rejetting the whole darn thing :smile:

I dunno much abt monster but i think that'll be a safe move. They are afterall very delicate. So better take good care of them.

Are scratches on the exhaust common on the monster? What's the possible cause?

rideupnorth.blogspot.com

Just my views abt the pricing of Monster400.

A FQ plate is selling at avg price of 4k. A FR/FS Vtec SpecII sells at ard $7-8k. Price wise I think its not too bad.

Ducatis not popular so insurance is 100-200 cheaper than vtec4s. Again, not bad.

Maintenance. Subjective. If do DIY then comparable to Jap bikes.

Overall, monsters aren't a bad deal as many perceive them to be. They just need maybe 10x more care and love.

What's ur view?

rideupnorth.blogspot.com

Originally posted by DeusExMachina@Dec 14 2004, 07:15 PM

Damned right you are..... OTT..

If a hapless rider happens to just give it a mild squeeze, he will literally be thrown OTT in a mega endo.

:lol: :lol:

o_O

Hey are you the 1 i saw at Buangkok Green traffic light??? I think you are wearing a white open face. I was driving in the early morning 810am

Motrax33

woah... juz missed a monster 1000s IE.. wat a waste mann...

miss a trip to me monster lala land again.. damnz.. y am i so slow az... :sian:

Your Cash Cow.. Moo Moo....

Daily Interest 2.0% - 4.0%

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/f41000_enzo1.jpghttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/ayuluv2001/my_olds_mv.jpg

"In the world there are so many extraordinary motorcyles,but the F4 is something else" Claudio Castiglioni

Originally posted by Motrax33@Jan 4 2005, 12:40 AM

Hey are you the 1 i saw at Buangkok Green traffic light??? I think you are wearing a white open face. I was driving in the early morning 810am

Motrax33

Haha... Not me. I dun have any white open face and I live on the opposite side of SG. :p

Sounds like Deltabox V to me... 04 R1... white open face...

Either that, or it's a TP going to work. :p

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Originally posted by Motrax33@Jan 4 2005, 12:40 AM

Motrax33

:cheeky: why them say u alway drive n bio ppl wan??

:cheeky:

Originally posted by nE0@Jan 5 2005, 12:44 PM

What happened to the last one? Anyway theres a brand new one for sale, yellow in colour, maybe you can check it out :smile:

Decided against the last one. Can't afford brand new lah, can only afford 2nd hand....

Yo Jade ... wat happened to the one you viewed? the nice yellow one with nice owner? It's a 2002, rite?

Cheers

Cat

... what you looking at? Never seen a cow that wants to go places ????! ...

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f254/bikermeow/Miscellaneous/cow4uz.jpg

Originally posted by Jade@Jan 5 2005, 09:31 AM

:help: Anyone has lobang to a Monster? I'm still looking for THE ONE. Specifically 2002 model, colour no matter.... Thanks! :smile:

why must be 2002 one?

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

在绝望中坚强