SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] ~ Tyres Related Issue

limkim

which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?  

412 members have voted

1. 1. which tyre do u vote the best all-rounder?

which type of tire is sticky during dry and wet surface but low wear rate? any recommendation?

currently using pirelli, feel unsafe during cornering..

Bro use M5. Both wet and dry surface very good. Wear rate i not sure yet as i travel only 10km everyday. Heehe..

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say get a alignment done up....then as u ride the wear will smoothen itself up..... Anyone who know better please do comment:)

Bro e suspension can be adjusted to soft or hard?? I use to hav one prob almost similar to u. Got a very small bump on my front tyre thus causing e bumpiness but it's ok after I change a new tyre l

Bro, serious ah? I wanna try using 160 leh. 140 feels so small. haha

Ermm, for ver S the max rear size is 150 try not goint beyond that.. The normal is 110/140 but i'm already using oversize 120/150 for my verS and has been using it for 2.5yrs.

160 tires may rub against the side of the bike which may result in sudden burst or uneven wear of the rear tires..

~ Future Ride ~

CBR600rr :thumb:

~ Current Drive ~

Kia Cerato Forte SX 1.6 SJU

~ Previous Rides ~

1. Spark 135 FBA | 2. NSR 150 SP FS | 3. Yamaha x1 FY | 4. Honda s4 verS FP

Bro e suspension can be adjusted to soft or hard?? I use to hav one prob almost similar to u. Got a very small bump on my front tyre thus causing e bumpiness but it's ok after I change a new tyre l

u mean the showa shock izzit? i donno about other model of S4....but spec 3 and revo has a adjuster to suit different riding style.....u can ask ur mech for more info on each level of adjuster

:angel:RIDE TO BE A GHOST RIDER:angel:

can anyone know how to see whether tyre rubber harden? cuz i has been riding for a year and more with average 60km per day but the thread seem like as deep as the first time saw it.. like nv botak! dunno good anot? thanks guys

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

that's good what. shows that the tyre you use has good wear rate.

can this be rubber harden that why no wear off??

LICENCES

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

that's good what. shows that the tyre you use has good wear rate.

LICENCES

i think its possible. i seen tyre that seem to be able to go on for many many thousands of km but thread still very deep. so if you know you have already used the tyre for a long time and the grip isnt good then change it.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

yup. what's your tyre's manufacture date?

hmm i not sure cus i took over the bike since may 2010..

LICENCES

i think its possible. i seen tyre that seem to be able to go on for many many thousands of km but thread still very deep. so if you know you have already used the tyre for a long time and the grip isnt good then change it.

noted thanks dragonforce

LICENCES

Hi...

i'm thinking of changing wheels to Metzeler Sportec M3 on my S4 specII

Usage: Daily commuting to Work (abt 54km to & fro)

Looking for : Good all weather tyres and good wear rate.

[Q] Is this a good choice?....is there others that i should consider?

[Q] Any recommendation for good place and reasonable shop.

i now using m3 not bad, on par with my last tyre (diablo strada) . now unqiue offer 209 only . good in wet and dry in my opinion. wear rate no idea . first time using .

Thanks bro.........Went down to UNIQUE (Toh Guan) during lunchtime just now to get it change.....

Thanks bro.........Went down to UNIQUE (Toh Guan) during lunchtime just now to get it change.....

how is the tyre?

LICENCES

how is the tyre?

initial feeling is good......just need to let it pass the intial "new" stage before the true potential is known. I did a check with other shop....price quoted was around $270 upwards......Even my friend thought i was joking when i told him i got it at $209.

initial feeling is good......just need to let it pass the intial "new" stage before the true potential is known. I did a check with other shop....price quoted was around $270 upwards......Even my friend thought i was joking when i told him i got it at $209.

Yeah yeah... I even kena fcuk by my friend he thought I was joking untill i showed them UM GSS page.

I can't blame my friends also cus most of them are not into this forum thingy. Lol...

"Bikes don't leak oil, they mark their territory"...

You can check the manufacture date on the side of your tires.

Ok I shall check tml thanks

LICENCES

very tempting for this offer .. Feel like getting one but my thread still deep, waste $$.

LICENCES

very tempting for this offer .. Feel like getting one but my thread still deep, waste $$.

Sale ends this Sat Jul 24 .........after i change mine....there are only 2 sets of the M3 left.........Ur current ones can try and sell it in the "Garage Sale" ...mah.....For sure there are plp who would be looking for 2nd hand tyre.......just for thought. :)

Sale ends this Sat Jul 24 .........after i change mine....there are only 2 sets of the M3 left.........Ur current ones can try and sell it in the "Garage Sale" ...mah.....For sure there are plp who would be looking for 2nd hand tyre.......just for thought. :)

hmm i think no one will buy my pirella dialdo tyre one :)

LICENCES