SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motorbike Models, Anyone?

Guest Ashe^^

yes.. enamel thinner wont affect acrylic paints.. that's why lots of modellers have two different types of paint..

Tamiya does produce enamel paints.. they come in 10ml bottles.. normally enamel paint are used for panel lines and detailing.. they are also good for airbrushing too.. but muz mix with thinner to thin it first..

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eh guys something advice needed....

along the front disc brake area..there is a word "bremaco" something like that on the supension n disc brake area...its engrave on the suspension...any one knows how to colour the words? its too small and fine...wat can i use? marker? or wat? if marker i think the marker tip have to be damn fine....anyone can help me out?

size 0 brush or toothpick will do. :smile:

Interesting.......innovative

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

one thing to ask....other den the fairings, what other places of the bike do you use airbrush to paint?

Studio 27 shipment just came in... alot of RC211V decals and photo-etch parts came in...Biting_point, your Fortuna trans-kit is here liao wor...and your Pramac also wor! :sweat: :cheer:

Wah!!!!! i wan i wan!!!

Where to get it?

Studio 27 shipment just came in... alot of RC211V decals and photo-etch parts came in...Biting_point, your Fortuna trans-kit is here liao wor...and your Pramac also wor! :sweat: :cheer:

any chance for u to scan all the decals for us to see?? :confused:

detail of decals.. you can either check at www.hlj.com

or go down to his shop and see..

His shop is the one at bras basah complex? the one u mentioned about?

need help need help!! how do u guys paint the disc brakes till so rounded?? i try cannot leh..the disc brake don turn out as round as its suppose to be cos of my painting...any tips for this guys??

*i use hand brush to paint...is there any better method to perfect the disc brake in painting??

Need help!!

any recommened for beginers such as

1) the set of airbush n aircompressor (brand, $$ , where to buy)

2)

3)

4)

depends of wat kinda of airbrush u wanna get..there a few varriety ...and more fucntions of cos cost u more $$$ :shades: if u want a basic one u can get it at centrepoint hobby shop(have many variety of air brush) its at the small alley on the 3rd or 4th floor if i can remember...i bought my basic air brush from there cost $50+ the rest is $80-$200+ also have...for the $50+ its a very basic kind ...good enough for u to get the skills of air brushing before u decided to get a better one

for the above stated air brush...it comes with a adaptor to be used with a air canister ...not compressor...air canister is those in spray can. one thing bad about air canister is that it uses up quite fast and the pressure released is not totally regular when coming to an end of the spray can, and an air canister can cost u ard $18-$20+ depends on the size of the air canister u buy.....but......if u decided to get a air compressor (which i am thinking of getting as well) ...u could try the hobby shop at tiong bahru plaza...they have a very basic air compressor that cost $180 and one of the cheapest so far i can find ard...the rest cost $200+ and above... :eek:

hope this info can help u out. :p

*the above equipments is suitable for those who wanna gain skills in modelling

:cry: :cry: :cry:

help guys~~ i having problems with my decals.....i got this '98 NSR 500 and when i paste the decals on the fairings...the decals seems to be bigger than the parts that it is suppose to be pasted on.... and as a result..some of my decals are crumpled..torn...jagged edges due to using penknife to cut.. any way to paste it better? help help help moi pls~~ :cry:

and some decals are quite big piece...i find that bigger the decal more harder to paste... any way to make it easier...shucks....another model gng to be ruined by my own hands... :cry:

:cry: :cry: :cry:

help guys~~ i having problems with my decals.....i got this '98 NSR 500 and when i paste the decals on the fairings...the decals seems to be bigger than the parts that it is suppose to be pasted on.... and as a result..some of my decals are crumpled..torn...jagged edges due to using penknife to cut.. any way to paste it better? help help help moi pls~~ :cry:

and some decals are quite big piece...i find that bigger the decal more harder to paste... any way to make it easier...shucks....another model gng to be ruined by my own hands... :cry:

Try to cut away the excess film while the decal is still on the backing sheet. Usually there'll be some excess transparent film on the edges. If it's still too big then tough luck I guess...

For big decals use decal solution to prep the surface so as to buy you some time so that you can adjust the decal before it begins to set. other than that the best bet is still to position it well when the decal first comes into contact with the model to minimise adjusting.

Need help!!

2)

3)

4)

Try the Aztec double-action air brush. it may not be as precise as its Badger counterparts but its much hardier and the parts are much cheaper. Price is around $200.

I got mine quite long ago. comes in a nice wooden box which holds everything (airbrush, nozzles, bottles, etc.). The plastic nozzles are a welcome change from Badger's needles. Works as advertised, very light (easy on the shoulder if you're doing an extensive project), airbrush is very ergonomic (rubber grips).

Alternatively if you like to hold something more solid (and well-made), go for Badger. The Badger 200 (single action) is a solidly constructed airbrush (doesn't mean you can drop it though - one drop and there goes the needle - $20+). Alternatively you can get the Badger 150 or 100 (both double action). I think single-action is good enough for most people (inc. me).

Price for the Badger airbrushes - eh... i can't remember. I got 2 Badger 200 (bought the second airbrush on impulse because it was 50% off!!! at an arts and crafts shop which was closing down in marina square - now occupied by This Fashion i think). I'll re-assemble one of them and see if it works (i think the needle is kaput) and i'll lend it to you if it does.

Try to cut away the excess film while the decal is still on the backing sheet. Usually there'll be some excess transparent film on the edges. If it's still too big then tough luck I guess...

For big decals use decal solution to prep the surface so as to buy you some time so that you can adjust the decal before it begins to set. other than that the best bet is still to position it well when the decal first comes into contact with the model to minimise adjusting.

yup i did cut off the excess film...and its still bigger than the place where its supose to fit...or issit that the remainig suppose to paste along the round edges? if it is....i cant seem to paste them on the round edges..it tends to straighten back.....and bubbles seems to be inside the decal..i don dare to press them out too much cos i am afraid tearing the whole decal...make it worst.....and right now i am having a phobia in pasting large decals... :cry:

wat is decal solution? how much issit? wat is actual function?

compared to wetting the model before pasting the decals...any diff?

yup i did cut off the excess film...and its still bigger than the place where its supose to fit...or issit that the remainig suppose to paste along the round edges? if it is....i cant seem to paste them on the round edges..it tends to straighten back.....and bubbles seems to be inside the decal..i don dare to press them out too much cos i am afraid tearing the whole decal...make it worst.....and right now i am having a phobia in pasting large decals... :cry:

wat is decal solution? how much issit? wat is actual function?

compared to wetting the model before pasting the decals...any diff?

Come down to my shop, I teach you how to do it...but only on Sunday. Sunday is for members to do their models...so I can show how to do it. :smile:

Talking about airbrush and compressor... I used Badger 150 double action airbrush. (It's not that expensive...is about $180. Needles are $12 each). I myself don't like aztec, mainly they can't use commerical thinner to wash airbrush. But the basic type is good enough.

Compressor...I used a Silk air compressor...is quite hard to get nowsaday. It's good and is expensive. If you had no intention to go for long term, don't get silk air compressor(cost $600 - $700). :giddy:

Sparmax is good airbrush plus is cheap...around $120 for a double action, although these airbrush are made in Taiwan, but the parts are similar to Japan 'RICH' and 'Gunze Sanyo' airbrush. It's easier to get parts too. Moreover we have a agent in SG too.

Hope that help... :cheer: :cheer:

Need help!!

2)

3)

4)

1) Sparmax ($120 onward for airbrush, $280 for compressor) Hobby Point.

2) Badger ($150 onward for airbrush, compressor...no idea) Central Hobby at centerpoint, 3rd story. Strait commercial at Bras basah road.

3) Aztec (same as centerpoint)

4) RICH (quite expensive. Professional airbrush: Cost $200 and above) Art Friend's at Bras Basah Complex.

5) Gunze Sanyo (airbrush $170 and above, compressor $380 and above).

The rest of the brands...I have no idea.

tuapuisai....where you get your aztec box set? The one in the wooden box. How come you buy so expensive? I do remember is about $180 per box lor! :confused:

1) Sparmax ($120 onward for airbrush, $280 for compressor) Hobby Point.

2) Badger ($150 onward for airbrush, compressor...no idea) Central Hobby at centerpoint, 3rd story. Strait commercial at Bras basah road.

3) Aztec (same as centerpoint)

4) RICH (quite expensive. Professional airbrush: Cost $200 and above) Art Friend's at Bras Basah Complex.

5) Gunze Sanyo (airbrush $170 and above, compressor $380 and above).

The rest of the brands...I have no idea.

tuapuisai....where you get your aztec box set? The one in the wooden box. How come you buy so expensive? I do remember is about $180 per box lor! :confused:

Rtuned, were u the guy at the counter today? i went down to ur shop juz now.....the guy wearing the blue tshirt wif e helmet.......