SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motorbike Models, Anyone?

Guest Ashe^^

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello to all the pros here...i have been looking for Harley Davidson models to fix up but to no avail....ya guyz know where to find em?roughly how much are they gonna cost me?im prepared to pay around $70+ for a kit....howz that gonna work out? :sweat:

If you are looking for 1/12 scale like most Tamiya kits, you can check hlj.com...that under IMAI or check ebay.com for IMAI Harley. I build some last time, but chrome all change color liao :mad: If you want a bigger scale, Revell or Monogram will be a good search in these website.

Rtuned :sweat:

can anyone help me?

i bought a clear colour spray to spray my model...

do i have to give a layer of paint before i spray the clear colour..

cause when i spray liao the thing turn white colour very ugly. :cry:

Your clear color is what color?

Yes, if you are spray clear coat on your model, you need to have a color under it. :smile: As for clear coat turn white...It is call frost. Cold whether usually will make most clear coat turn white patch on models. Try this, heat up your spray can in a glass of warm water before spraying on your model. I hope it help... :cheer: :cheer: :smile:

Guest Demon_gal56

Your clear color is what color?

Yes, if you are spray clear coat on your model, you need to have a color under it. :smile: As for clear coat turn white...It is call frost. Cold whether usually will make most clear coat turn white patch on models. Try this, heat up your spray can in a glass of warm water before spraying on your model. I hope it help... :cheer: :cheer: :smile:

i'll go and try out...

thanxs for the info

Guest Karen03sg

Last Wed nite ( 24th dec ) I went 2 beach rd 4 movie with my dear.. After movie, we walked past modelling craft shop. I spotted attractive prices.. Hayabusa model only cost $25 ! Beside tt, there is a poster. It show tt there will be modelling kit competition at IT Funan Centre on 31th Dec. I forgot when...

Last Wed nite ( 24th dec ) I went 2 beach rd 4 movie with my dear.. After movie, we walked past modelling craft shop. I spotted attractive prices.. Hayabusa model only cost $25 ! Beside tt, there is a poster. It show tt there will be modelling kit competition at IT Funan Centre on 31th Dec. I forgot when...

Wah!!!! What a good price!!! Care to tell me where the shop is located?? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Guest Karen03sg

Wah!!!! What a good price!!! Care to tell me where the shop is located?? :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Er.... It was located at a building tt got burger king downstairs along beach rd... I forgot which floor it is on ?? Sorry paiseh... I only know how 2 go there

Er.... It was located at a building tt got burger king downstairs along beach rd... I forgot which floor it is on ?? Sorry paiseh... I only know how 2 go there

I think it is the Shaw Tower...BK at level 1 along Beach road big X junction rite. There is few cinemas at different level in the building? Is it the shop behind the tix booking counter?

Guest Karen03sg

I think it is the Shaw Tower...BK at level 1 along Beach road big X junction rite. There is few cinemas at different level in the building? Is it the shop behind the tix booking counter?

Er... The shop is next to exit door ! Left side 1

if you talking about Tamiya paints, most places sells at the smae prices.. but shops in shopping centres will have a higher price.. flat rate ones are Popular and departmental store..

but if you want the cheapest place one can PM me..

Guest Demon_gal56
Originally posted by biting_point@Jan 7 2004, 10:24 AM

if you talking about Tamiya paints, most places sells at the smae prices.. but shops in shopping centres will have a higher price.. flat rate ones are Popular and departmental store..

but if you want the cheapest place one can PM me..

that time i went to popular to get some of my tamiya paints there..

and i'm a pop club member.. got a 10% discount.. :cheer:

do u have anything cheaper than that?

Guest kimderson
Originally posted by Rtuned@Dec 30 2003, 12:01 AM

The shop is called: Storm Domain.

As for those Whose hardcore model bike builder like Biting_Point, check this out:

Real stuff and detail:

http://www.europark.com/

Max Modelling...a japanese is craze enough to do crazy things...:

http://www.dic-ad.co.jp/max/

Enjoy...Folks! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Rtuned

hi rtuned and biting-point can advise me on the colour of the crank case for the rcv211 as the manual state it's to be mix with X31 and XF56, after mixing the colour it's different for the colour display on the box?

i had no problems with the colour.. i had done 2 RC211Vs so far, both the colors i mix seperately.. differs a bit but it does not differ much from the real bike(IMO)..

btw you hand-brushed it or airbrush it..? if you hand-brush, the color will appear duller if using acrylics, glosser if using enamels.. only using airbrush then can have a semi-gloss with the right tone..

also, i had a set of tamiya sprayworks for sale.. comes with airbrush, compressor and adaptor.. adapter alone costs $50.. the airbrush set is great for beginners.. selling away because i got a myself a better compressor and airbrush.. n will teach and show how to use it, plus free delivery..

PM me for price and details..

Originally posted by jamez@Dec 22 2003, 05:30 PM

hello to all the pros here...i have been looking for Harley Davidson models to fix up but to no avail....ya guyz know where to find em?roughly how much are they gonna cost me?im prepared to pay around + for a kit....howz that gonna work out? :sweat:

hiz!

u looking for Harley models to fix?

i think u can try the hobby shop at centrepoint on the 3rd floor.

seen a road king model there a few months back...

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg

Hi, all those who are into bike models.. i have wrote a review and tips on the latest RC211V Tamiya model.. feel free to take a look and ask qns abt it..

RC211V review and tips

PS: i hope that moderators would consider this as a help site for those who are doing modelling, instead of spam..

Originally posted by biting_point@Jan 24 2004, 12:29 PM

any qns abt the review, can pm or ask me in this forum..

cheers..

wats the color scheme tat comes wif the model kit ? original rossi ?

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Originally posted by weekiat@Jan 24 2004, 02:58 PM

wats the color scheme tat comes wif the model kit ? original rossi ?

i suppose you asking abt the valencia decals..??

i think its suppose to be used with the upcoming release of 2003 Rossi kit.. or if not used with the telefonica or camel kit..

but all needs alterations to the fairings..

Guest MARCUS inthesun

any1 knows where got model shop that sells the MARS lander(like oppitunity and spirit) model? or is htere a web site that can order from?