SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motorbike Models, Anyone?

Guest Ashe^^

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come down to my shop, I teach you how to do it...but only on Sunday. Sunday is for members to do their models...so I can show how to do it. :smile:

Talking about airbrush and compressor... I used Badger 150 double action airbrush. (It's not that expensive...is about $180. Needles are $12 each). I myself don't like aztec, mainly they can't use commerical thinner to wash airbrush. But the basic type is good enough.

Compressor...I used a Silk air compressor...is quite hard to get nowsaday. It's good and is expensive. If you had no intention to go for long term, don't get silk air compressor(cost $600 - $700). :giddy:

Sparmax is good airbrush plus is cheap...around $120 for a double action, although these airbrush are made in Taiwan, but the parts are similar to Japan 'RICH' and 'Gunze Sanyo' airbrush. It's easier to get parts too. Moreover we have a agent in SG too.

Hope that help... :cheer: :cheer:

oh... okie... i never knew commercial thinner is a no-no for aztec airbrushes, cos i've been using it to clean the airbrush for ages...

yeah, the Sil-Air compressor is really good, but expensive as Rtuned has mentioned. i got mine at Katong Shopping Centre, maybe you can try Art Friend at Bras Basah Complex?

maybe i'll get myself a Badger soon... needles only $12 ah... i must have been a student when i was using Badger... that's why i'm under the impression that Badger stuff is expensive... :sweat:

:confused: :confused: :confused: Huh? Are you sure you pop into the right shop or not. Today I wear a red shirt...and I do not wear helmet... :giddy:

Nono.....i mean to say that i'm the one wearing blue n carrying a helmet

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

1) Sparmax ($120 onward for airbrush, $280 for compressor) Hobby Point.

2) Badger ($150 onward for airbrush, compressor...no idea) Central Hobby at centerpoint, 3rd story. Strait commercial at Bras basah road.

3) Aztec (same as centerpoint)

4) RICH (quite expensive. Professional airbrush: Cost $200 and above) Art Friend's at Bras Basah Complex.

5) Gunze Sanyo (airbrush $170 and above, compressor $380 and above).

The rest of the brands...I have no idea.

tuapuisai....where you get your aztec box set? The one in the wooden box. How come you buy so expensive? I do remember is about $180 per box lor! :confused:

$180 ah? either i kena carrot or my memory is failing me. got it quite some time ago.

hmm... geez... in fact i can't even remember if i got it from an IPMS Singapore mass order or minature hobby...

jia lat...

frankly, the main difference i find betwen an Aztec and a Badger is that you get to really strip the Badger, unlike the Aztec (i like to strip things.. hee hee)

kiddin'

Nono.....i mean to say that i'm the one wearing blue n carrying a helmet

Oooo....the one with long hair ar? quite scare scare to ask question and ask for the air can ar? Oic! :sweat:

If free, come down to my shop tomolo, I teach you all how to apply decals on your bikes lor! Want? Contact Bitting_Point lah! :sweat:

Rtuned

$180 ah? either i kena carrot or my memory is failing me. got it quite some time ago.

hmm... geez... in fact i can't even remember if i got it from an IPMS Singapore mass order or minature hobby...

jia lat...

frankly, the main difference i find betwen an Aztec and a Badger is that you get to really strip the Badger, unlike the Aztec (i like to strip things.. hee hee)

kiddin'

Agree lor! Badger need to strip everything to clean lor, but Aztec only need to strip the front nozzle. It's alot more easy. To me, I already used to a heavy airbrush lor, Aztec is too light liao lor... :sweat: :sweat:

hi guys!! i need help!! i just bought a baby compressor from the hobby shop at tiong bahru ....and the air pressure is damn small compared to the air canister...issit normal? ...cos lesser air pressure means lesser paint comes out...instead by using the air canister the paint is more even then the compressor...anyone can help me out on this? sob sob...spend $180 on this gadget and it disappoint me sia~~~ :cry: :cry:

hheellllppp~`

hi guys!! i need help!! i just bought a baby compressor from the hobby shop at tiong bahru ....and the air pressure is damn small compared to the air canister...issit normal? ...cos lesser air pressure means lesser paint comes out...instead by using the air canister the paint is more even then the compressor...anyone can help me out on this? sob sob...spend $180 on this gadget and it disappoint me sia~~~ :cry: :cry:

hheellllppp~`

its one of the best compressors you can get out of $180..

i use a more lousy one.. but able to borrow my friends baby compressor to use, as we share the same workshop.. its good compared to cheapo Tamiya one..

if you dun wan, sell me loh..

its one of the best compressors you can get out of $180..

i use a more lousy one.. but able to borrow my friends baby compressor to use, as we share the same workshop.. its good compared to cheapo Tamiya one..

if you dun wan, sell me loh..

no wat i mean is that i am trying to find out if the air pressuure realised by the baby compressor is much lesser than that of the air canister?? i dono issit that the air compressor air pressure is too little until that it cant draw the paint out of the container? this is the air brush i am using...

issit suppose to be like that? i not sure cos i first time using air compressor....can guide me on this?

one more thing is that the air brush tip can be adjusted so that the spray area can range from small to big area right? no matter how i turn mine the paint only comes out a bit....but not i not in various spray area sizes.. can help me out on this problems? :sweat:

hey guys regarding about the above problem i face with my air compressor (sparmax baby compressor) and my air brush (first pic which i attached below)...i went down to hobby point..we tried it out....at first they told me its becos of my air brush not the compressor since the compressor's job is only to provide air.....so we came a conclusion that the air pressure output of the compressor (30psi) is not enough to do a suction force of the paint out of the container of the air brush...or...it could be due to leakage at the adaptor of the compressor and the air brush...they told me to tape and try it out to see if the effect is still the same.....

another suggestion which they made...which is to get a sparmax air brush(2nd pic attached below)..in this case...the feeding of the paint is on top of the air brush..thus using gravity to pull the paint into the brush...this is better compare to using sucttion effect...cos u know definitely the paint will flow into the air brush due to gravity...

sparmax baby compressor i abought at $180..

sparmax air brush will cost me $120

they gave me 2 options...

a) trade in for a bigger psi compressor (top up the price difference about $100) already tried using my current air brush with the next bigger psi compressor and it works

B) to get a sparmax air brush at $120 (which is definitely better than than the one i am using now) and use it with the sparmax baby compressor(tested it and works perferctly)

guys need ur advice ..... stress......

in my opinion.. get BOTH.. if you can afford it..

a bigger compressor allows you to change and alter the pressure using a adapter..

normal spraying of body is 30psi.. altering the pressure can make wonders with your paint and design..

i am still learning, that's why only borrw my friend's compressor..

sparmax DH103 is good because its gravity feed.. you'll 'waste' less paint when you use it.. it's easy to clean.. just wash it with commercial thinner..

fyi, i bought mine for abt 3 mths liao.. still haven dismantle it throughly for cleaning b4..

if you are tight on budget, get the airbrush.. it's very easy for beginners to use.. somemore confirm can use with the compressor.. if you change to bigger compressor, what if you cannot use it too with you current airbrush..

just my 2cents..

in my opinion.. get BOTH.. if you can afford it..

a bigger compressor allows you to change and alter the pressure using a adapter..

normal spraying of body is 30psi.. altering the pressure can make wonders with your paint and design..

i am still learning, that's why only borrw my friend's compressor..

sparmax DH103 is good because its gravity feed.. you'll 'waste' less paint when you use it.. it's easy to clean.. just wash it with commercial thinner..

fyi, i bought mine for abt 3 mths liao.. still haven dismantle it throughly for cleaning b4..

if you are tight on budget, get the airbrush.. it's very easy for beginners to use.. somemore confirm can use with the compressor.. if you change to bigger compressor, what if you cannot use it too with you current airbrush..

just my 2cents..

yeah man...i wish i can get both...but dont have that cash...so i guess i will be using the baby compressor...should be good enough for me if i were to buy the sparmax airbrush that uses gravity feed...better than the suction feed...at least i know it definietly can work!

i tried using my currcnt air brush with a bigger compressor...it works...this shows that is becos of the psi that affect the drawing of the paint...30psi is too little to draw the paint out from my air brush

got a questoin...u said use comercial thinner to wash the air brush....u mean those thinner in glass bottles bought from hardware shop? those use with nippon paint those type? will itf spoil the rubber pieces in the air brush??

use those you can buy from hardware store..

wont spoilt the o-ring one lah..

if really spoilt, buy replacement loh.. anyway my friend's airbrush o-ring spoilt becoz he hand itchy, take out then when putting back tear it.. in the end he still can use airbrush.. effect still the same..

maybe just loose 0.5 to 1 psi of pressure..

i bought the air brush liao...and hor...and hor...i realise that the screw to adjust the length of the level being pull back..is not working...y?...becos inside less the stopage screw...kao...got to go back tiong bahru again...sian 1/2....

by the way...to all fellow modellers..anyone interested in my badger BASIC air brush (recommended to use with air canister only..unless u got a big compressor..definietly 30psi cant use i tested it) .....hrm...i think ...the price of the air brush can be sold at $25? i bought at $58 price tag still on box...everything will be included in stock condition but of cos not brand new lah ehehe) anyone interested please pm me

soori moderators didnt post in classified cos we only have a small percentage of modellers here *wink* so i try to make do with it? keke

*the air brush is suitable for those who wanna try out how air brushing is like before getting a more pro one.

:shades:

hi guys....noticed something when i did my '98 repsol nsr 500 :confused:

when u dry fit the fairings everything..its perfect...but after when i start doing the actual fitting...the fairings cant be attached propely due to the assembly of the inner parts (motor, cab, exhaust..etc..)

how to solve this problem?? there is a gap now at my fairings... :weep:

scratch building means you build models from plastic cards or cast resin and etc.. building with raw materials..

for example, GT wings for cars are not readily available in SGP modelling market.. so most of us built from plastic cards..