SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Motorbike Models, Anyone?

Guest Ashe^^

hi all

im still new into making model kits....model kits which i did is only the yamaha yzfR1 taira model.....:cheer:

one more porsche boxster still under construction.....so would like 2 noe where got sell those already made diecast motorbike model cos model which i made ownself----poor workmanship leh....esp the porsche which i doin now

:mad:

tink makin motorbike models easier leh......rite(tis wat i found)

:confused:

or is there a place where there is a meet up for bikers to discuss abt makin motobike models?:confused:

please help to improve??:sweat:

• Replies 851
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm more into scale car modify lor. But will try some bikes soon. :smile:

You may want to join Bitting_Point when he finish his oversea training lor. :sweat: Bikes models, I not good lor...still a newbie too...:cheeky: Must ask Bitting_Point, he is more siao in bikes.

Rtuned :faint: :faint: :faint:

p.s. when the RC211V '04 version release, go grab it. It's well worth it. :lovestruck:

Originally posted by Rtuned@Mar 13 2004, 01:55 AM

I'm more into scale car modify lor. But will try some bikes soon. :smile:

You may want to join Bitting_Point when he finish his oversea training lor. :sweat: Bikes models, I not good lor...still a newbie too...:cheeky: Must ask Bitting_Point, he is more siao in bikes.

Rtuned :faint: :faint: :faint:

p.s. when the RC211V '04 version release, go grab it. It's well worth it. :lovestruck:

actually i oso siao into bikes so wan to do more of these modelling...last time oso got 2 more bike models but then lost some of the parts durin construction

but anyway thanks for ya info....

mayb dun wan to do cars models anymore cos spray body parts very tough leh....

if got the kick mayb wil ask u 4 info on cars modelling.....

tnks n regards

Originally posted by biting_point@Jan 15 2004, 06:36 PM

i had no problems with the colour.. i had done 2 RC211Vs so far, both the colors i mix seperately.. differs a bit but it does not differ much from the real bike(IMO)..

btw you hand-brushed it or airbrush it..? if you hand-brush, the color will appear duller if using acrylics, glosser if using enamels.. only using airbrush then can have a semi-gloss with the right tone..

also, i had a set of tamiya sprayworks for sale.. comes with airbrush, compressor and adaptor.. adapter alone costs $50.. the airbrush set is great for beginners.. selling away because i got a myself a better compressor and airbrush.. n will teach and show how to use it, plus free delivery..

PM me for price and details..

hi bro...

im a newbie in bike modellin....bike tat i have on display is yzfR1 taira model....:smile:

as for the workmanship its only fair...

so would like to learn from u on how to make better motorbike models as i had the recommendation fr Rtuned....:sweat:

so is usin the air brush necessary for all model makings:confused:

please help??

mayb one day we could just meet up n go to any model shops 2 look 4 bike models or accessories....:cheer:

tnks

Originally posted by biting_point@Jan 15 2004, 06:36 PM

i had no problems with the colour.. i had done 2 RC211Vs so far, both the colors i mix seperately.. differs a bit but it does not differ much from the real bike(IMO)..

btw you hand-brushed it or airbrush it..? if you hand-brush, the color will appear duller if using acrylics, glosser if using enamels.. only using airbrush then can have a semi-gloss with the right tone..

also, i had a set of tamiya sprayworks for sale.. comes with airbrush, compressor and adaptor.. adapter alone costs $50.. the airbrush set is great for beginners.. selling away because i got a myself a better compressor and airbrush.. n will teach and show how to use it, plus free delivery..

PM me for price and details..

ay bro another thing is do u noe where i can get those ready made diecast motobike models leh cos if sometimes no time do DIY kit can just buy the ready set lor....:confused:

hi.. welcome to the modelling world..

IMO, metal/diecast/ready-made kits are waste of money.. coz you pay to get it with money.. then you display it at home.. there's no sense of satisfaction or anything, only notice that you've have another hole in your pocket..

there's many die cast bike models.. you can go try Wisma top floor, got one shop sells die cast bikes.. Suntec near Carrefour also have one.. but mind the prices..

i still believe that building a plastic model bike is better.. even thou at first it may not look good.. but you improve along the way and in a matter of time, you notice that your models looked like or even better than diecast ones..

i learn most of my stuffs from Rtuned too.. see if we can meet up when i come back to SGP in April.. then we can discuss on bikes and model bikes..

also Tamiya have readymade RC211V too.. but way too ex for poor man like me.. i built my own "readymade" RCVs..

Originally posted by biting_point@Mar 14 2004, 07:32 PM

hi.. welcome to the modelling world..

IMO, metal/diecast/ready-made kits are waste of money.. coz you pay to get it with money.. then you display it at home.. there's no sense of satisfaction or anything, only notice that you've have another hole in your pocket..

there's many die cast bike models.. you can go try Wisma top floor, got one shop sells die cast bikes.. Suntec near Carrefour also have one.. but mind the prices..

i still believe that building a plastic model bike is better.. even thou at first it may not look good.. but you improve along the way and in a matter of time, you notice that your models looked like or even better than diecast ones..

i learn most of my stuffs from Rtuned too.. see if we can meet up when i come back to SGP in April.. then we can discuss on bikes and model bikes..

also Tamiya have readymade RC211V too.. but way too ex for poor man like me.. i built my own "readymade" RCVs..

k...tnks for ya information...but do inform me on when u guys are going to meet up....cos still need to learn fr u all:cheeky:

• 3 weeks later...

hi.. I am very amazed by bike models... but dun dare to try...

can get any tips from here? say wat's the budget like? what's the thing/equipment to get?

Currently going around suntec /taka/buguis to look for the models... but can only find NSR bigger cc...

As I am riding nsr150sp think of getting one of this model... anyone know got sell or not huh? dun really seems got sell...

:confused: could someone kindly help?

thanks

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/28/97/2817982/2960842392146l.jpg

juz bought the Masterwork Collection Series Repsol Honda RC211V ... very precise n detail.

http://tamiyausa.com/images/product/201/21001/gallery_2.jpg

http://tamiyausa.com/images/product/201/21001/header_1.jpg

http://i210.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/rastyblade/sbf_400.jpg

Originally posted by rastyblade@Apr 17 2004, 01:06 AM

juz bought the Masterwork Collection Series Repsol Honda RC211V ... very precise n detail.

http://tamiyausa.com/images/product/201/21001/gallery_2.jpg

http://tamiyausa.com/images/product/201/21001/header_1.jpg

wah how much sia? :lovestruck:

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

Originally posted by aLLoy@Apr 13 2004, 12:47 PM

hi.. I am very amazed by bike models... but dun dare to try...

can get any tips from here? say wat's the budget like? what's the thing/equipment to get?

Currently going around suntec /taka/buguis to look for the models... but can only find NSR bigger cc...

As I am riding nsr150sp think of getting one of this model... anyone know got sell or not huh? dun really seems got sell...

:confused: could someone kindly help?

thanks

Models is around $14~ $$50 over lor. Depend what brand you buying. Tamiya had the finest workmanship in the world modeling field. But not alot of European model like Agusta or Ducati bikes.

In SG, most of them you could find are Tamiya, Aoshima and Prota/Revell. There also some wired IMAI and Doyusha brands laying around.

Model bikes that found in most store that had better 'cc' bikes is because more hardly demand. Believing how many riders in SG got that $$$ to buy real big 'cc' bikes... not much mah, so get a small one to 'gian' lor :cheeky:

Only Vespa or Monkey in 1/12 scale is smaller 'cc' lor, most of the lowest GP are in 250cc...

Hobby shop...

1) Bugis Junction - Roy's Hobby, 3rd floor. (pretty expensive) But good viewing on model bikes done up on display. Payment in all.

2) Suntec/ Tiong Bahru Plaza - Hobby Pioneer, 3rd floor/5th floor. Normal price with mostly Tamiya and Aoshima bikes. Payment in all.

3) R Tunedin' HobbyShop - Bras Basah Complex, 2nd floor. No bikes display so far, but got some bikes in good discount rate. Payment in Cash and NETS only.

4) Orchard Store - OCBC building (Somerset MRT), 3rd floor. If you like Italeri, Prota and revell bikes, try this store. But price is pretty ex too. But payment are in Cash and Credit card only...no NETS :sian:

5) Hobby Focus - Far East Plaza, 2nd floor. Got some bikes only... but lots of good tools to get for. Payment in all.

6) Central Hobby - Centerpoint, 3rd floor. Some old bikes and cars model laying around. If you are into WRC cars, this is the place you might want to go. Payment in all.

Morgan Hobby - Katong Shopping Center, 3rd floor. Got lots of rare and old models there. You might find some that you been searching in the whole SG. Payment not sure :confused:

These are some major hobby shops that sell cars and bikes model. But do remember this golden words when you ask the the shop keeper or assistance.

" Never ask... What do I need for building this model." Because once you ask, get prepare to pay more than what you had plan for.

anybody koe how much that tamiya ready made model cost?

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

:faint: i think i use that money on other stuff~ :cheeky:

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

hi all.. did 2 models - Honda PONS NSR 500 '98 n Suzuki RGB 500. RGB500 being the 1st that i tried to fix.. wasn't very nicely done, in fact the wheels can't move one, cos made a mistake in the end have to glue the wheel to make it in place :cheeky: haha.. somemore nt much stickers on the bike cos most kana spoilt by me (duno hw to stick tat time). The second time is better, manage to fix n get the bike moving.. haha.. most of the stickers r up as well.. It really does get better as u do more.. bt then its quite an expensive hobby.. imagine spending the money on real accessories.. :smile:

Philosophy A: Ignore what everyone else thinks. Riding is a better way to get around. Ride paranoid and keep your skills sharp

Philosophy B: Ride with somebody who's better than you. You will pick up a handy trick or new skill just about every time you are out

Philosophy C: You don't need a big bike to prove ur passion for riding

I remember one of those masterwork collection is being held for $100 in yahoo auctions. I hope one day Tamiya will release some masterwork editions of those ducatis, and some lower end bikes like mito,sp aprillias. It'll be more exciting.:smile:

AMG Mercedes - The combination of Speed and Luxury

Feb 2004 ~ June 2004 - 1994 Cagiva Mito Mk2

Nov 2004 ~ April 2005 - 1995 Aprilia RS125 Extrema

Mar 2006 ~ Jan 2007 - 1993 Cagiva Mito Mk2

Mar 2005 ~ May 2008 - 1994 Cagiva Mito EVO

JuL 2007 ~ JuL 2008- 1993 Honda Civic EG8

Dec 2006 ~ JuL 2010- 1997 Aprilia RS250

JuL 2008 ~ ? - 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX

JuL 2010 ~ ? - 2005 Yamaha R6

i made an NSR model as my 1st. Looks horrible, but it's my own work... hahaha

:cheeky:

after that tried R1, but 3 years later, only the carberator is finished... think lost interest liao.

Flying down PIE, with the wind in my face.

I, on my trusty R1 was burning the tarmac off the road. Man I feel macho... until the mata pulled me over...

• 2 months later...