SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know this is a repeated question..searching for an answer within the numerous pages of "questions for newbie" is a hell lot of work.

Guys, my bike is Ta200 and I wanna know when do you guys change the EO? and usually how many km then change EO?

Thanks..

I do mine every quarter which is about 3000k.....no real recommended milage as synthetic oils last a lot longer than standard.... and it depends on how far it goes and how hot it gets in each trip.

Dear PKs,

wanna ask, if battery is dead, is there any way to push/kick start a TA200??

Yea.. wad i did for my TA200 was kick up to 3rd or 4th, clutch in, push bike till i start to jog den release clutch more than half clutch position. Prepare to clutch in immediately again and throttle once it start. Be careful of runaway bike.

I know this is a repeated question..searching for an answer within the numerous pages of "questions for newbie" is a hell lot of work.

Guys, my bike is Ta200 and I wanna know when do you guys change the EO? and usually how many km then change EO?

Thanks..

Some say 2k some 3k. Personally i do it @ 2000 km

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

i pump 200. should be kPA or 29 PSI. It can be found in the manual. You may dl a soft copy from the links in the TA200 manual thread

hi, this happened to me when i drop to low gear while at faster speeds. eg. at 60km/h i drop to gear to for the bike to stop faster.

however i hear pop sounds coming out of the exhaust. i heard is was called back fire.

is my engine damaged?

hi, this happened to me when i drop to low gear while at faster speeds. eg. at 60km/h i drop to gear to for the bike to stop faster.

however i hear pop sounds coming out of the exhaust. i heard is was called back fire.

is my engine damaged?

a few pops are NORMAL lar... no worries...

dun pop until cannot stop can liao... if not can go advertise for Pringles... :D

is my engine damaged?

If not until like this; http://tinypic.com/player.php?v=2uokggg&s=3

Once in a while should be ok.

Check your air-filter. Replace is necessary. ;)

http://i42.tinypic.com/wqslfr.gif

looking for the nylon guide that screws onto the top of the swing arm and the little round one that goes under the chain.

Ever Success Auto Parts PTE LTD

No. 17-19 Lembu Road Singapore 208450

Tel: 6292 5909 (3 lines)

Fax: 6293 4741

E-Mail: [email protected]

Website: http://www.eversuccess.com.sg and http://www.esparts.com.sg.

Original Honda parts

God in his wisdom will protect you

:pray:

is my engine damaged?

Dropping your bike into low gear at 60km ...are you crazy.... sooner or later you will see the bottom end of your engine going past your front wheel as it explodes into many bits....that pop is unburnt fuel being pushed out through your exhaust and igniting when it contacts the air and hot exhasut....ever seen the flames comig out the back of race car exhauts same thing.

LOL ya... please dun treat your bike like training school bike.. if not you will be spending more on wear and tear. More importantly... you are putting yourself at a higher risk of skidding with what you are doing. Esp if you too used to it den on wet roads or sandy roads go do that...

Hi Bro & Sis,i'm a newbie who wanna know what if the side stand for phantom is broke in the mid-night,is there shop still open that late?if i can't find any shop den what can i do?just curious nia.

Defu lane blk 9.. 24hrs.. nt sure of name and have not been there before.. one of my friends work late and visits there for servicing

Dropping your bike into low gear at 60km ...are you crazy.... sooner or later you will see the bottom end of your engine going past your front wheel as it explodes into many bits....that pop is unburnt fuel being pushed out through your exhaust and igniting when it contacts the air and hot exhasut....ever seen the flames comig out the back of race car exhauts same thing.

haha thats y called noobie ma :p but since i started to hear the sounds i more 'gwai' liao from gear 4 then slowly go down to gear 2~~ but sometimes still hear that 'pop' i hear it is quite common for phantom to pop once in a while :)

haha thats y called noobie ma :p but since i started to hear the sounds i more 'gwai' liao from gear 4 then slowly go down to gear 2~~ but sometimes still hear that 'pop' i hear it is quite common for phantom to pop once in a while :)

Hmm... i usually don't do that.. if i've got more than enough distance in front of me i don't use engine brake. If i use, i usually leave it in the gear that it is currently in all the way until when i wanna on throttle again den kick down to appropriate gear and throttle on... Lol when stopping like that slowly clutch in, kick down, release clutch, clutch in, kick down, release clutch, clutch wear out much faster... plus too much procedure liao...

wah... u gear down from 4-2 ar... no wonder pop lar.. at first i thought u meant u "cruise" it down a bit before dropping a gear... tt's why i said normal earlier...

anyways, dun need to purposely engine brake by down shifting when normal braking is sufficient lor... summore these few day sooooooooo hot :faint:

mine has never popped ..think you pushing it to hard if it does....expect your repair bills to be high if you keep riding that way :pray:

ya..words of wisdom from mouth of babes...

Congratulations...you have a very sensible boy and must be very proud of him..:cheeky:

Thanks ...... mate - I am proud of him & he will turn out alright.............. btw we call this 1 " King " :angel:

HP: 93891138 :angel:

very interesting sparring you guys have here. Constructiove comments and all, save it i suggest, oh ya, IMHO.

It might just makes the newbies wonder more if they done a right thing to ask question.

I thought PK used to have a thread 'technical discussion' or something related for all those stuff.

very interesting sparring you guys have here. Constructiove comments and all, save it i suggest, oh ya, IMHO.

It might just makes the newbies wonder more if they done a right thing to ask question.

I thought PK used to have a thread 'technical discussion' or something related for all those stuff.

Iam a resonabaly new newbie to this site and a bit of wit :) with good advice wont scare people off. Hey if you can joke here it will encourge newbies to join in when theres rides or kopi shop meetings.

if one cant take take comments, be them positive or negative, in a virtual forum where no one know the true identity of the writer, how r they going to face the actual world where pple will just tell u off right in ur face?

if one cant take take comments, be them positive or negative, in a virtual forum where no one know the true identity of the writer, how r they going to face the actual world where pple will just tell u off right in ur face?

lolz... + the backstabbers, flamers, rumor mongers, etc that cannot be banned...:sian: