SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys got an issue regarding engine oil, heard from a fren of mine he use gear oil for engine oil

what is gear oil actually? and can use for engine oil meh?

The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment
:thumb:

hey guys got an issue regarding engine oil, heard from a fren of mine he use gear oil for engine oil

what is gear oil actually? and can use for engine oil meh?

Alamak...:slapforehead: of all ppl you the one that ask this question Tough Metalfyre already mention about the gear oil stuff. In one of the thread, think you were there too :p

http://i42.tinypic.com/wqslfr.gif

My clutch lever not working well this afternoon while riding. It's easy to kick up..but when I kick down, it sort of like jam at the 'bottom' for a a split second and when I am reaching home, WORST..the lever even got jam at the bottom and I have to lift it up using my leg before kicking it down again.

Usually, it's really 'kick' then go down and it will spring back by itself..

Anyone can help?

Engineer: "The Glass is neither half full or half empty..It is twice bigger then it needs to be".

Class 3 - Feb 08

Class 2B - Mar 08

Virgin Accident - 19th Apr 08 - Bike skidded along slip road from NUS towards AYE

Alamak...:slapforehead: of all ppl you the one that ask this question Tough Metalfyre already mention about the gear oil stuff. In one of the thread, think you were there too :p

lol i tend to forget mah coz all along i change eo is the 4T one,until one day a riding fren point out to me to use gear oil for eo

and i was like i must have heard of that before.but........

haha im still learning guys,sorry sorry :cheeky: :cheeky: keke

The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment
:thumb:

Hi Guys,

I got a TA200 say 8 months ago...

i have been looking at this thread and i notice people talking about 6th gear...

Got 6th gear meh?? Everytime i kick until 5th gear reach dead end liao leh...

Is it my bike spoil or old model??

My plate is FU xxxx B....

I believe is 03' model?

Please advise and thanks in advance!!

Hi Guys,

I got a TA200 say 8 months ago...

i have been looking at this thread and i notice people talking about 6th gear...

Got 6th gear meh?? Everytime i kick until 5th gear reach dead end liao leh...

Is it my bike spoil or old model??

My plate is FU xxxx B....

I believe is 03' model?

Please advise and thanks in advance!!

taken from the phantom manual...also if you get on your hands and kness and look th your gear lever its also there 1 to 6

Primary reduction 3.090

Gear ratio,

1st 2.545

2nd 1.687

3rd 1.280

4th 1.041

5th 0.903

6th 0.814

Final reduction 3.154

:p

u count in neutral as well already?

if count in neutral got 7 lor -_-

anyway, gear count since when got include neutral wan... later become macam HDB flats ar... 3-"rooms"... then actually is 2 bedrooms...

My clutch lever not working well this afternoon while riding. It's easy to kick up..but when I kick down, it sort of like jam at the 'bottom' for a a split second and when I am reaching home, WORST..the lever even got jam at the bottom and I have to lift it up using my leg before kicking it down again.

Usually, it's really 'kick' then go down and it will spring back by itself..

Anyone can help?

You are a real acrobat you are...kicking your clutch lever...

Postman Eating Inc*

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a208/murano04sfs/38y29ty14.gif

http://4gifs.com/gallery/d/155006-1/Mascot_scares_girl.gif

Squid defination: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squid

Hi, i would like to know why whenever i close the throttle, the exhaust will came out a quite loud POP!!! sound? i have ask around afew motor tiam and they said need to change the parts inside the engine.for wad they told me is a small little thing but I not very sure wad is it.anyone have this problem happened before?how much will that cost?the cheapest motorshop they quote me $45.Please help me as i scare something get serious if i keep on dragging time.:cry:

http://cosmeticseye.weebly.com/uploads/5/6/7/3/5673915/4026118.jpg?390

Selling cheap contact lens @ $16...

www.cosmeticseye.weebly.com

[email protected]

Guys im screwed. I need advise please...

Okay, so here is the problem, about a week ago i realised that my speedo something wrong... First, it will not go above 80km/h and then when it is rising from 0km/h to 80km/h, the needle keeps flickering up and down...

So bobian, i went to pay my instalments at *SPH**N Ubi there and ask the mechanic to help me check... his name should be "Ah Zhui"...

He opened up the right side of my cover and took out a big rubber tube then he open throttle ...

Inside the small hole, he say the thing (rubber with a small piece of metal) spoilt liao... From what he told me, the thing is to allow the fuel to flow somewhere... it is supposed to rise up when u open throttle and will rise up all the way if you open full throttle. But my one can only rise 3/4 or so...

Changing that piece of thing costs around $100... he say he also not too sure about price as that thing seldom spoil... actually, my bike normal riding still can, only cannot see meter liao lor...

How arh brothers? Is it really that thing spoil and costs so much???

Will there be any dangers if i do not change that thing??

Please man... i need help!! Thanks for all the kind replies to my earlier questions, i really appreciate it!!

Also, i use Autoglymh Poly Resin polish => forget the full name...

Hi PKs, do you all polish ur bike fuel tank with some polish?

What's a good brand to use?

i use kit max wax. price is reasonable and gives a gd finish to the tank. mine is for 2-4 years paint. tried 0-2 years before, gave a more shining finish than what im using now. but u can try the turtle wax which i think everyone knows what is it. hahaa

dark mode, or light mode?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v241/one8tytwo/125ziblack.jpg

125zi

Okay, so here is the problem, about a week ago i realised that my speedo something wrong... First, it will not go above 80km/h and then when it is rising from 0km/h to 80km/h, the needle keeps flickering up and down...

So bobian, i went to pay my instalments at *SPH**N Ubi there and ask the mechanic to help me check... his name should be "Ah Zhui"...

He opened up the right side of my cover and took out a big rubber tube then he open throttle ...

Inside the small hole, he say the thing (rubber with a small piece of metal) spoilt liao... From what he told me, the thing is to allow the fuel to flow somewhere... it is supposed to rise up when u open throttle and will rise up all the way if you open full throttle. But my one can only rise 3/4 or so...

Changing that piece of thing costs around $100... he say he also not too sure about price as that thing seldom spoil... actually, my bike normal riding still can, only cannot see meter liao lor...

Please man... i need help!! Thanks for all the kind replies to my earlier questions, i really appreciate it!!

Since you are at Ubi, drop by at Planet and have a second opinion first

God in his wisdom will protect you

:pray:

Wad the... he like doing the wrong thing man. Only yr speedo going haywire right? when you travel your bike not like wad your speedo showing... fast slow fast slow right? Den like that is restricted to the who speedo system only mah... I also dunno wad he take out from your bike but it seems like he is incompetent... Nv really liked nor trusted ASP.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

Hmmm... guys, thanks for the reply... i think i will bring my bike to planet to check...

Yah lor... dunno why he open the cover and check inside also... it all started as a very innocent "speedo sot sot" ... haha...

=/

Yo snail bro, thanks for the offer man!! :) but i only see it now... dang... anyways, i think ill be going to Planet later... so ask them check lor... errr... you SengKang which part??? me Anchorvale ^_^

Hi, i would like to know why whenever i close the throttle, the exhaust will came out a quite loud POP!!! sound? i have ask around afew motor tiam and they said need to change the parts inside the engine.for wad they told me is a small little thing but I not very sure wad is it.anyone have this problem happened before?how much will that cost?the cheapest motorshop they quote me $45.Please help me as i scare something get serious if i keep on dragging time.:cry:

How often it POP?. If one in a while it still ok. If too often then better change the airvalve or whateverthenameiscannotrememberliow. $45 include labour can consider cheaper then what i pay for $65.

Btw there's a thread mentioning about this misfiring thing. Next time please use the seach function before asking.

Thanks and have a nice day :dozed:

http://i42.tinypic.com/wqslfr.gif