SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Archived - 2009] PK Official- Questions for Newbie

zero_degrees

Okie, i just came back from planet...

So my first time there, parked at the roadside just outside the shop, i was back facing the bike when a car wanted to come out and Mark quickly dashed out to help me move my bike... i was touched... :cry:

Ok, so i went on to tell him my problems that the speedo was not working and what items the "other" shop told me to change...

FYI, the "other" shop told me to change what i said earlier, the rubber with a small metal at the small hole on the right side of your bike when u take out the cover and another tubing....Plus, my rear brake because according to him, finishing soon, PLUS a new speedometer.

Then Mark helped me checked my speedo. Turned the front wheel and decided to take it out... ok, something spoilt... a piece of white thing with threading. He said, if the below one spoil, cheap.... if the top one spoil... 100++... balls shrink... :pray: that the below one spoil... ok change liao... turn the wheel again... :sian: ... still spoil...

So bo bian open the top part... (Speedo and fuel cap part) ... and he helped me to connect the wires properly... VOILA!!! Speedo ok liao!!! :lol: power la!

Helped me check the brakes... he ask me why change... still got 3 months life... :clapping: again, my head almost kenna chop by the "other" shop... :angry:

While i was changing EO, he even helped me to open my air filter to dust it...

Tighten my chain, test my lights and helped me change a bulb... Where to find this kind of service.... I am so totally satisfied!! :cheer:

Total damage : $40.

$28 for the white thing in the front wheel, $10 for EO, $2 for lightbulb...

Compared to the other shop, must change new speedo just because the wire is loose, brakes finishing liao, and that rubber thingy, $40 is SUPER reasonable!!!

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yo snail bro, thanks for the offer man!! :) but i only see it now... dang... anyways, i think ill be going to Planet later... so ask them check lor... errr... you SengKang which part??? me Anchorvale ^_^

iam in Rivervale crescent blk 158d....which block is planet in ?..... as i will need some work done soon....had my brake pads changed at begining of April and the brakes have felt funny since...tonight i wip of the side cove and find theres no brake fluid in the tank....

Hello all,

How do you check for rear wheel allignment after tightening the chain? A little kiasu here.. just wanna make sure the mechanic did a good job.

Read the manual and it says make sure your adjustment on both sides of the adjustor is in equal proportions. But unless I DIY-ed, I wouldn't know.

How do you check visually?

TIA!

Hello all,

How do you check for rear wheel allignment after tightening the chain? A little kiasu here.. just wanna make sure the mechanic did a good job.

Read the manual and it says make sure your adjustment on both sides of the adjustor is in equal proportions. But unless I DIY-ed, I wouldn't know.

How do you check visually?

TIA!

There are markings on the swingarm near the rear wheel axel. Both sides should be on the same marking.

BlackDawn aka kiamh

"There is no man more free than the one who doesn't give a damn what society thinks of him"

Hi, i would like to know why whenever i close the throttle, the exhaust will came out a quite loud POP!!! sound? i have ask around afew motor tiam and they said need to change the parts inside the engine.for wad they told me is a small little thing but I not very sure wad is it.anyone have this problem happened before?how much will that cost?the cheapest motorshop they quote me $45.Please help me as i scare something get serious if i keep on dragging time.:cry:

its only a minor backfire, adjust ur idling fuel air intake and ur ok, if not juz turn ur idling speed a notch higher, anyway there is a piece of gasket on the LHS chrome cover thats causing this nuisance.either u can change or remove it permanantly...

Guys im screwed. I need advise please...

Okay, so here is the problem, about a week ago i realised that my speedo something wrong... First, it will not go above 80km/h and then when it is rising from 0km/h to 80km/h, the needle keeps flickering up and down...

So bobian, i went to pay my instalments at *SPH**N Ubi there and ask the mechanic to help me check... his name should be "Ah Zhui"...

He opened up the right side of my cover and took out a big rubber tube then he open throttle ...

Inside the small hole, he say the thing (rubber with a small piece of metal) spoilt liao... From what he told me, the thing is to allow the fuel to flow somewhere... it is supposed to rise up when u open throttle and will rise up all the way if you open full throttle. But my one can only rise 3/4 or so...

Changing that piece of thing costs around $100... he say he also not too sure about price as that thing seldom spoil... actually, my bike normal riding still can, only cannot see meter liao lor...

How arh brothers? Is it really that thing spoil and costs so much???

Will there be any dangers if i do not change that thing??

Please man... i need help!! Thanks for all the kind replies to my earlier questions, i really appreciate it!!

Also, i use Autoglymh Poly Resin polish => forget the full name...

u go over planet, walk all the way into the shop. u'll see 2 doors, one is open one is closed, enter the closed door and look ard for a bird in a cage, once u spotted it, hold it hostage and go look for a baldding guy and demand he check ur bike for you.plus full svcing for free before releasing the bird....

hehehehe

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

Guest @h_püi™

like that only?

but hear that now no longer issue logcard, is like computerize

if new bike, take back the spare key.

Yes even if its 2nd hand from the bike shop they will have had a spare made..( so if you dont pay its easy to get back) ......make sure no one else has the key for your bike...you dont want it to vanish in 6 months time.

:cheeky:

Yes even if its 2nd hand from the bike shop they will have had a spare made..( so if you dont pay its easy to get back) ......make sure no one else has the key for your bike...you dont want it to vanish in 6 months time.

another tip would be to buy a padlock to lock your disc-brake, so the only way to move it is to carry it.:cheeky:

The pain of discipline is nothing like the pain of disappointment
:thumb: