SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CBR150R Riders, Join us now!

paiseh

• Replies 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• collectees

• limbat

• Kenneth.C

• ozzarhomb

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought of installing box too but would it look weird on a CBR150r bike? What do you think of wearing full face helmet, those scrambler looking full face types..yet riding this bike?? I am looking for a 2nd hand full face helmet..Possibly below $100...any insights? Or anione has extra that they dun use can sell to me?

I thought of installing box too but would it look weird on a CBR150r bike? What do you think of wearing full face helmet, those scrambler looking full face types..yet riding this bike?? I am looking for a 2nd hand full face helmet..Possibly below $100...any insights? Or anione has extra that they dun use can sell to me?

i got 1 ogk aeroblade fullface black.. worn less than 5time though.. only kept in the storeroom.. but lookin at $150 though..

http://www.diseno-art.com/encyclopedia/vehicles/road/bikes/helmets/OGK_Aeroblade.html

Yeah, but without the cover and 1 of the brake bulb cover :)

Btw, i am thinking of installing a box.

What size do u guys suggest for a box enough for a helmet and raincoat?

i sold my 45litre box to thisisme

got myself a 2nd hand 42litre box for $30 + change new lock for $15

now im starting to regret cause apparently that 3litres made quite a big difference to me

if u r keen to get the 42litre box from me for $45, let me know.

can help u fix up the additional brakelight that comes w/ the box for free. :p

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

welcome!

i wear full face, i got 42L box. i've been complimented on my bike on 2 seperate occasions when stopping at the traffic light. so i guess it's ok!

now im starting to regret cause apparently that 3litres made quite a big difference to me

lol... see, you fixed what's not broken! =P

I think 42L is too big for me, I am only going to put 1 helmet and raincoat :cheeky:

Any pics of CBR with box here? I'd like to see

Hi all, got my bike, just transferred from winwin and been touring a bit. Great feeling of freedom and a little bit more power than those BBDC bikes ;)

Saturday aft meet up confirmed? who wants to join in?

1. collectees

2. jenga

3. ....

To check with thoes who have topbox. Which rack has got the topbox closest to the pillion grab bar eh? Thanks. BTW, i looking for one. Anyone got extra to let go?

tink not so much depend on the rack, the monoracks are pretty standardised.

it depends more on the brackets which the baseplate is mounted on. there are 2 types of bracket. 1 is plastic (non-adjustable), the other is alloy (adjustable).

:)

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

it depends more on the brackets which the baseplate is mounted on. there are 2 types of bracket. 1 is plastic (non-adjustable), the other is alloy (adjustable).

the adjustable ones are the better ones. do try and bargain if available.

Derrick (thisisme) was once a racer. insist on box a NO-NO for sportsbike..

but upon hearing what i said, his 33L became a 45L now..

When u have a box, means u have a box. doesn't matter the size. then why not get a bigger box so u can have more space?

and believe me.. once u have a box, u will appreciate the freedom.. no need to carry helmet around.. can put ur raincoat and stuff in the box.. no need to bring a bag out just to put those things...

think it thru bro.. ur own bike.. ur own call~~ :angel:

I think 42L is too big for me, I am only going to put 1 helmet and raincoat :cheeky:

Any pics of CBR with box here? I'd like to see

i know where u are coming from becos a lot of ppl say after fixing a box, ur pillion will be more comfortable..

however, after fixing mine my gf and i still ride the same.. she dun lean on the box simply becos she finds the box to far behind..

its more for those pillion that are not so close to u.. whom will sit further back THEN only they will lean comfortably..

i think all the 2 point racks are generally same, quite some distance from the tail of the bike..

if u really wan something nearer, maybe u consider those 1 point rack? cos its 1 point.. it definitely gotta be nearer to be more stable..

but of cos downside will be it will still not be as secured compared to 2 point racks..

To check with thoes who have topbox. Which rack has got the topbox closest to the pillion grab bar eh? Thanks. BTW, i looking for one. Anyone got extra to let go?

those alloy adjustable racks i will not recommend.. becos i asked the givi main supplier before.. what they said was:

"those types are for heavy duty usage and price of the rack is $120 haven include GST but we can send it to any shop u wan so u can collect from there"

and bear in mind, normal circumstances, recommended weight load for boxes are 3kg.. so whats the point of heavy duty rack then??? for HEAVY PILLIONS to LEAN?!?!

Derrick (thisisme) was once a racer. insist on box a NO-NO for sportsbike..

but upon hearing what i said, his 33L became a 45L now..

When u have a box, means u have a box. doesn't matter the size. then why not get a bigger box so u can have more space?

and believe me.. once u have a box, u will appreciate the freedom.. no need to carry helmet around.. can put ur raincoat and stuff in the box.. no need to bring a bag out just to put those things...

think it thru bro.. ur own bike.. ur own call~~ :angel:

thanks bro for promoting for me haha

i know where u are coming from becos a lot of ppl say after fixing a box, ur pillion will be more comfortable..

however, after fixing mine my gf and i still ride the same.. she dun lean on the box simply becos she finds the box to far behind..

its more for those pillion that are not so close to u.. whom will sit further back THEN only they will lean comfortably..

i think all the 2 point racks are generally same, quite some distance from the tail of the bike..

if u really wan something nearer, maybe u consider those 1 point rack? cos its 1 point.. it definitely gotta be nearer to be more stable..

but of cos downside will be it will still not be as secured compared to 2 point racks..

those alloy adjustable racks i will not recommend.. becos i asked the givi main supplier before.. what they said was:

"those types are for heavy duty usage and price of the rack is $120 haven include GST but we can send it to any shop u wan so u can collect from there"

and bear in mind, normal circumstances, recommended weight load for boxes are 3kg.. so whats the point of heavy duty rack then??? for HEAVY PILLIONS to LEAN?!?!

i got my rack from givi at ard $37 is adjustable

Just got my bike so limited experience but mine has 33L box and it just about fits my FF helmet and jacket (really need to push it in). so far not experienced any negative aspects from riding with box (again, limited experience). Any differences with larger box sizes compared to smaller? more/less resistance or wobbling or something?o_O

Bro, when i say Givi supplier its not that Givi Building up at serangoon im talking about..

its actually another company.. im not sure whether its appropriate to say out if u guys wanna know just pm me lor..

i got my rack from givi at ard $37 is adjustable

the experience i have with my E33.. i would say dun worry a thing..

initially i tot with a box at the back maybe not as stable, wriggle ard cars need wider space.. but initially that was..

i came to realise actually when u are riding with a 33L box, u dun feel much about the box... in fact.. the box is sort of like isolated at the rear..

its only when u keep/take out things from the box then u realise the box is actually there..

of cos.. for bigger box.. u gotta ask the rest.. maybe our ex-racer now-boxer derrick can comment haha...

hows riding with a 45L long distance (to malaysia house) with 150kg load (u + gf) + ur box's load???

:cheeky:

Just got my bike so limited experience but mine has 33L box and it just about fits my FF helmet and jacket (really need to push it in). so far not experienced any negative aspects from riding with box (again, limited experience). Any differences with larger box sizes compared to smaller? more/less resistance or wobbling or something?o_O