SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Singapore Traffice Policemen

diruiz

Do you dislike TP officers?  

679 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dislike TP officers?

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest aiya4

i think the most valid comments should be from people who had been traffic police before, experience the job of being a traffic police.

Otherwise, all other comments will just be crap....

Originally posted by aiya4@Apr 13 2005, 12:57 AM

i think the most valid comments should be from people who had been traffic police before, experience the job of being a traffic police.

Otherwise, all other comments will just be crap....

i agree with that,... i'm just trying to find out from the general public (including pple who are superficial) whether they dislike our traffic police officers or not.

http://www.daidegasforum.com/images/588/casey-stoner-honda-slide-derapata-motogp.gif

i feel that local mata, the most ppl would complain about is that never give chance. i have not yet heard any accounts from ppl being prosecuted when innocent.

its a whole diff story up north. i've had a fren relate to me story about how his car kena stop by mata on highway when he travelling within speed limit, this is the echange between his dad (local mata here) and the mata there who stopped them.

the mata: "You were speeding!"

the dad: "Where got? What speed you catch us? Where? You got radar gun can show me what speed i went? Or photo to prove?"

the mata : "Dont tell me from (a particular State) until here you never speed?!"

how u answer u tell me..... :faint:

(i dowan to name names but u all can guess lah where)

as long these kinda things dont happen here, i feel fair enough. agreed, sometimes they dont even give chance for kuti-kuti things, but as long dont prosecute innocent can already.

what i am unhappy about tho is that mata will not help biker in accident. i mean, so long no hospitalisation and no damage to public property, no action will be taken against the guilty party. its same for cars but bikers end up much worse off physically. but this is a problem with the system not the mata, so its the system that i not veri happy about. in britain u langgar a parked bike, no injury to anyone and no damage to public property only the bike kena, if u dun report it is an offence. thats good.

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

Pretty neutral towards them.....as long as they dun give me crap, i dun give them crap....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

They're just like regular people who's got a job to do.

(Like average Joe and Jimmy working in fast-food restaurant)

Some of them do it better than the others.

(Joe flips burgers and serves customers more efficiently and more polite than grumpy Jimmy)

Some collect salary every month and are happy with it, some feel like they are making a contribution through what they do.

(Joe gains satisfaction from providing his customers with good service and loves to watch them enjoy their food, Jimmy just ticks the days off the calendar to the next payday)

All of them have to follow the top "management" policies, whether they like it or not.

(Joe can't give in when his customers ask for a chicken + beef burger combination, since the rules say a chicken burger is a chicken burger, and a beef burger is a beef burger. If Joe makes a chicken+beef burger and the manager finds out, he may even lose his job)

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Originally posted by william_liu@Apr 13 2005, 11:46 AM

They're just like regular people who's got a job to do.

(Like average Joe and Jimmy working in fast-food restaurant)

Some of them do it better than the others.

(Joe flips burgers and serves customers more efficiently and more polite than grumpy Jimmy)

Some collect salary every month and are happy with it, some feel like they are making a contribution through what they do.

(Joe gains satisfaction from providing his customers with good service and loves to watch them enjoy their food, Jimmy just ticks the days off the calendar to the next payday)

All of them have to follow the top "management" policies, whether they like it or not.

(Joe can't give in when his customers ask for a chicken + beef burger combination, since the rules say a chicken burger is a chicken burger, and a beef burger is a beef burger. If Joe makes a chicken+beef burger and the manager finds out, he may even lose his job)

your burger story means that if mata dun catch properly, he dio sacked?????????

dun think so lor............

he catch or dun catch, still the same ma........ :cheeky: :cheeky:

actually i dunno wat i toking.... pai sei :sweat:

PROBLEM is not serious, if it can be solved with MONEY ... the PROBLEM comes when you have NO MONEY

Honda Wave 110s - FT7476M

Honda CG 125 ----- FK7947T

Suzuki Bandit 400 - FM 8039Y

Yamaha Fazer 6 --- FW7537E

Honda Steed ------- FN 5565R

Yamaha YP 250 - FS2578R

Suzuki DL650 ---- FX9497T

Originally posted by cs_kup_oh@Apr 13 2005, 06:46 PM

your burger story means that if mata dun catch properly, he dio sacked?????????

dun think so lor............

he catch or dun catch, still the same ma........ :cheeky: :cheeky:

actually i dunno wat i toking.... pai sei :sweat:

Actually what I meant was let's say for example you kanna caught speeding at more than 30km/hr over speed limit, kanna caught by a highway patrol car.

You plead with the officer not to book as 30km/hr cos you don't have enough points liao, need to ride to work, etc. In the end he agree to write as 20km/hr nia. But so happen his colleague not happy with him for very long already, he go and report to the superior after that. Do you think that officer will not get into trouble?

This is just an example.... but in whatever job we do, there is always guidelines and rules to follow loh. Don't follow and nothing happens still nevermind.... BUT one day when the sh|t hits the fan you're going to be the one who gets it.... sad but true! (SAF is a GOOD example)

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

Actually I kinda like them when I travel on the road.

When they are around, everyone behave, lorry travel on the left of the road, vans and buses follow each other on the left too and cars and bikes keep to the speed limit and don't make rash overtaking move :smile:

But such situation comes and go very fast, the moment the TP is gone, everythings goes back to normal :sweat: :weep:

It doesn't make any difference whether a motorcyclist has the right-of-way or not, the rider is the one most likely to get hurt.

http://www.motorcycle-accidents.com/bike_photo/4-21-02_b.jpg

TP oso like u and me: doing wad their livelihood dictates.

If gotta catch traffic violators, then MUST do it, no choice...

Imagine a day where TP dun catch u for ur mistakes, may seem shiok at first, but this means they will oso bochup other rd-users who may turn out to be a potential killer of u or me...(choy! i noe.. )

i guess our grousing of TPs usually focus on their seemingly unreasonable booking of our minor/insignificant mistakes or violations. but mebbe we shld think b4 we complain if we would feel the same if we see others kena booked for similar offenses...

surprisingly most of the time i find that the fault usually lies wif ourself...

if we be more aware, dun do anything stupid, or make conscious mistakes, i think we shouldnt fear or hate TP (unless u got a real case of them in the wrong, very unlikely...) we shld appreciate that they are ard to keep those conscious offenders in check.

i always wish our guy in white was ard whenever i meet those unreasonable/dangerous rd-users...

well, TPs, love them, hate them, but certainly cant do w/o them... =)

Guest motofreak

I'm cool with them. If u dare to break the rules. Den u should be daring enuff to pay for it mah. But sumtimes i feel they should give a bit of allowance/chance. Case by case basis lah.

yo ppl ever seen a all-white ST11 in police markings in sg? saw 1 yesterday while i was at BBDC. rider not in uniform. on top of front signal lites got 2 blue lens siren-like thingy.thin blue strips at side fairings and rear top box is just a little case wit word police on it. front bubble screen got small police logo. helmet also white Nolan wit honda wings sticker at the side. number plate also not like police one but very nice.

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

stay calm and carry on...

Originally posted by kona@Apr 14 2005, 09:23 AM

yo ppl ever seen a all-white ST11 in police markings in sg? saw 1 yesterday while i was at BBDC. rider not in uniform. on top of front signal lites got 2 blue lens siren-like thingy.thin blue strips at side fairings and rear top box is just a little case wit word police on it. front bubble screen got small police logo. helmet also white Nolan wit honda wings sticker at the side. number plate also not like police one but very nice.

my idol :lovestruck: lol

SingaporeBikes Forum Rules & Regulations

Please use the search function if you have a question.

Originally posted by kona@Apr 14 2005, 09:23 AM

aiya not yesterday. its last friday..

http://i434.photobucket.com/albums/qq68/ghost_04_/SIN%202009/4748b439-d86b-4bf3-a212-e1be01c6664c.jpg

White ST, white open face, big ahpek sunglasses... Dark blue uniform somemore, and i've even seen some wear reflective vests.

Buay tahan them ah! And I know one or two of em! Very fun to ride behind them, traffic opens up like mosses parting red sea... :thumb:

I see TP as another person doing their job, but there are those who fill that they as authorise can talk to you in a arrogent manner which I detest overall our local enforcement are well manner and reasonable.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/719/my1sthondamatchez0.jpg

Originally posted by nE0@Apr 18 2005, 08:00 PM

White ST, white open face, big ahpek sunglasses... Dark blue uniform somemore, and i've even seen some wear reflective vests.

Buay tahan them ah! And I know one or two of em! Very fun to ride behind them, traffic opens up like mosses parting red sea... :thumb:

but the thing is are they really police bike? if i got go down BBDC again and tat bike is there i'll snap a photo and post here cos it really loks like one...wit the logo, blue front siren 'Police' box and side markings also police.

Actually not all TP are heartless. I passed my driving n riding license from FTB (force transport branch). I know this cikgu (instructor) who are fomerly from traffic task force unit. He always remind those would be TP that are taking the motorcycle lesson to be more sensitive to the motorist. Try to give them warning if they did not commit too serious offence. like speeding 10km in excess of the road limit or something like that. Unless they are riding dangerously.

He even says that TP need to built a good repo with the public and not be seen as a heartless beast on the road. But I guess the newer TP doesnt care much cause they are eager to show that they are KING OF THE ROAD.

Lastly, we as a rider must always keep this in mind that not all TP are heartless. Some can be very nice. A saying in malay translated in english " In a bunch of bananas not all are bad". So dont just because of a few bad TP, everyone of them are bad too. I have encountered a few good ones and so has Silverghost.

P.s just because i passed my license from FTB that doesnt mean that I am in the force too.

There are 3 kinds of people in this world. 1. Who makes things happen. 2. Who sees things happen and 3. Who wonder WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED!!!

Originally posted by william_liu@Apr 13 2005, 07:02 PM

Actually what I meant was let's say for example you kanna caught speeding at more than 30km/hr over speed limit, kanna caught by a highway patrol car.

You plead with the officer not to book as 30km/hr cos you don't have enough points liao, need to ride to work, etc. In the end he agree to write as 20km/hr nia. But so happen his colleague not happy with him for very long already, he go and report to the superior after that. Do you think that officer will not get into trouble?

This is just an example.... but in whatever job we do, there is always guidelines and rules to follow loh. Don't follow and nothing happens still nevermind.... BUT one day when the sh|t hits the fan you're going to be the one who gets it.... sad but true! (SAF is a GOOD example)

Tat's a gd 1.

If u nvm do anything wrong, Y afraid of TP? I would always say, Pay for d action U have done. Be responsible, dun push d blame to others.... If U have not done anything wrong, Y afraid or curse n swear at ppl?

I believe there is a few black sheep, but not every TP is bad.... I have a few TP friends but they R really a nice guy.

Honda NSR 150 SP - FT4977D (June 01 - March 03)

Honda CBR 400 RR- FL2119U (Dec 02 - Jan 04)

Honda CBR 929 RR - FS4382A (Feb 04 - Dec 04)

Susuki Hayabusa 1300- FX9524Z (April 05 - Oct 05)

Susuki Bandit400- FL3540D (Mar 03 - Dec 05)

Honda Super 4 Spec 3 - FZ9528C (Dec 05 - Jan 07)

Honda Walve125S - FW8025J (Aug 06 - June 07)

Yamaha Spark135 LE - FBB4..7C (March 07 - ???)