SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki 1400s

Guest nE0

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2010, copper colour wan. Btw, any shop reommended to do spray painting? Or touch up paint

work?

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

I buy second hand bike, no choice. :D

The GTR can go through the inspection with aftermarket wave rotors. Cos it's homologated with it. Unlike your FZ it came with normal rotors that's why didn't clear the inspection. Same with DRL, fog lamps, white lights.

If you are getting a used GTR you may want to check certain a things that has need done to the bike. Like the recent recall done by the agent. Not sure call up Neversh*t. Next you may want to check the windscreen make sure it can move cos it's a common problem. The motor of the windscreen kaput. New unit cost almost $2k. If got an exhaust make sure the silencer is in and also the papers are in order. Not sure you need to transfer the exhaust to your name? No harm checking. This is all I can advise you. Cheers hope you get your bike soon.

Is it paint job very serious? If not just touch up with stickers.
right side suffered a drop hence some scratches on the right mirror, faring n panniers. sticker touch up is v.unlikely cos the scratches r at prominent spots. so a touch up paint job is a better choice. spraying of whole bike dun comes cheap too....

The GTR can go through the inspection with aftermarket wave rotors. Cos it's homologated with it. Unlike your FZ it came with normal rotors that's why didn't clear the inspection. Same with DRL, fog lamps, white lights.

If you are getting a used GTR you may want to check certain a things that has need done to the bike. Like the recent recall done by the agent. Not sure call up Neversh*t. Next you may want to check the windscreen make sure it can move cos it's a common problem. The motor of the windscreen kaput. New unit cost almost $2k. If got an exhaust make sure the silencer is in and also the papers are in order. Not sure you need to transfer the exhaust to your name? No harm checking. This is all I can advise you. Cheers hope you get your bike soon.

the reason y i'm wondering cos oem is wavy. if my fz uses a nomal rotor, i can change to normal aftermarket rotors like brembo. so inspection can pass liao. but wavy oem n aftermarket rotors, design is obviously different so i dunno if the inspector will close his eye anot. the rear brake recall is done already. is there many cases whereby the windscreen motor kaput? so far i tested is ok. but down the road dunno will have prob anot i dunno. exhaust shd b transferred when the ownership of the bike is transferred.

right side suffered a drop hence some scratches on the right mirror, faring n panniers. sticker touch up is v.unlikely cos the scratches r at prominent spots. so a touch up paint job is a better choice. spraying of whole bike dun comes cheap too....

the reason y i'm wondering cos oem is wavy. if my fz uses a nomal rotor, i can change to normal aftermarket rotors like brembo. so inspection can pass liao. but wavy oem n aftermarket rotors, design is obviously different so i dunno if the inspector will close his eye anot. the rear brake recall is done already. is there many cases whereby the windscreen motor kaput? so far i tested is ok. but down the road dunno will have prob anot i dunno. exhaust shd b transferred when the ownership of the bike is transferred.

Next time if kanna this type of situation best is to ask the supervisor instead of the inspector. If still in doubt write in to LTA ask for the homologation picture. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Else can bring e illegal pipe along then after cross border can fix it n e stock ones can park at e petrol stn for a while (give some $ to e staff to watch after it as a token of appreciation) then after come back from riding/touring,fix back e stock n carry e illegal ones back to sg haha...

Wan! Share! Share! Share! Hee...hee...hee....

True true true... They take photo summore haha...

That's no summan! That's LTA Voucher FOTO!!!!

LTA really roves around uncovering big bikes? I doubt so..

What if the biker has a track bike which he tows to Sepang for track days? As long as the bike is not on the move, I don't think they can do much..

Hmmm...

Uncovering big covers? You doubt so... Mine was uncovered infront of me when I drove back to my MSC after work... lifted the rear end... LUCKY... My Connie's DI@K was ORIGINAL... BIG AND LONG! POINTNG at the LTA's Face... Other wise... hai... Voucher than.:p:cheeky:

Relax bro, want to fix than don't worry, want to worry than don't fix! Life is short enjoy when you still can!!! Cheers ........

Well... There's goes a saying... DO WHAT YOU WANT... DON't GET CAUGHT! :thumb:

To Me....

It's not How fast you go... It's how FAR you Travel...:thumb:

It's the Rider! Not the Bike! o_O

Wan! Share! Share! Share! Hee...hee...hee....

That's no summan! That's LTA Voucher FOTO!!!!

Uncovering big covers? You doubt so... Mine was uncovered infront of me when I drove back to my MSC after work... lifted the rear end... LUCKY... My Connie's DI@K was ORIGINAL... BIG AND LONG! POINTNG at the LTA's Face... Other wise... hai... Voucher than.:p:cheeky:

Well... There's goes a saying... DO WHAT YOU WANT... DON't GET CAUGHT! :thumb:

How come you no take picture? Next tell him off. If want to lift cover better put back to original position. Ask him does he has the right to lift the cover..... Next ask him for his ID. If cant produce call police say bike theft in progress, even that idiot in uniform.

How come you no take picture? Next tell him off. If want to lift cover better put back to original position. Ask him does he has the right to lift the cover..... Next ask him for his ID. If cant produce call police say bike theft in progress, even that idiot in uniform.

Was about to drive up to the 2nd Deck well I notice the Joker looking over my bike... saw him peeping my connie's BIG DI@K when I drove pass at the 2nd Deck... When I came down... He was already looking at others at the after decks...

Bloody @#$% ... Too Free... Yes... If you catch me on the road... I've nothing to say... But in a Park MSC? Come on...

To Me....

2010, copper colour wan. Btw, any shop reommended to do spray painting? Or touch up paint

work?

Issit belonging to any of e regulars here bro ? Coz i know bro yzf_R1 is selling his n color oso same like wat u describe...

If u touch up then e color blending might not b same like e original.. If respray e whole bike then in times to come when u go touring, it tends to scratch again due to e road debris... Niway e option is urs bro :)

"Shut Up n Ride"

Next time ask them for their ID, if they challenge you rebut the. Back how I know you may be bioing my accessories. If they refuse call the police.

No point asking them... they do have directives to check Vehicles under public places. I have no_ illegal stuff on my Connie. So no worries.

But having them coming to MSCP to check is a tad too much! On the road, I can understand. But in a MSCP! This only teaches me how to vote the next time round...

To Me....

Next time if kanna this type of situation best is to ask the supervisor instead of the inspector. If still in doubt write in to LTA ask for the homologation picture. Cheers.

hmmm.... i was told b4 submitting the documents for inspection, can just go n check if everything was ok b4 the inspection so that they dun key in wat had been installed illegally. will c how. take over liao then go check. :D

Issit belonging to any of e regulars here bro ? Coz i know bro yzf_R1 is selling his n color oso same like wat u describe...

If u touch up then e color blending might not b same like e original.. If respray e whole bike then in times to come when u go touring, it tends to scratch again due to e road debris... Niway e option is urs bro :)

yup. its his unit. its the colour blending that i'm worried. cos due to the weather exposure, sure got uneven tones if doing touch up paint work. respraying the whole bike is more of choosing the colour i like n of cos, one shot settle the exterior. but of cos i dun expect the bike to not have any scratch. my current fz oso ganna alot of scratches frm the road debris. a touring bike can't b show room condition. ride in sg, mayb still can maintain the condition.

Its a good buy then, loads of "poison" on e bike hehe... I know where he got those "scratches" on e bike hehe... Love e color bt too bad e 2011 model dun have it.. Since u rode fazer, i can tell u dat tis bike will give u much more smile on ur face bro :) ... Oh btw i luv those "fine scratches" on my bike coz it reminds me of those places i went :) ...

Perhaps u wanna consider sticker as wat bro advrider suggested coz it saves $ rather than spraying e whole bike... Play with carbon stickers coz its thick n can hide thise uneven scratch surface... :)

"Shut Up n Ride"

I order my 2013 last mth. will arrive in dec but the bike can only be collected in mid jan due to PI and the bike has to be inspected by LTA.

if bike from agent will be here in feb period only.

Could you please let me know which PI (parallel importer) you had used.. How much was the OTR for the 2013 model..

SThampi, try Speedway..

nsr 150 sp(FT1969Y)-feb'07 to may'08, CBR 400(FQ5720L)-may'08 to july'09, TA150(FT2661I)-mar'09 to jun'09, Wave110(FT7718R)- Jun'09 - Jan'10, TA200(FX2012E)- Jan'10-May'11, VTR SP1(FS4028Z) - Sept'09 - Jan'12, ZG1400 (FBE5831K)- Jan'12 to Oct'14, Suzuki Hayabusa - Oct'14 to ???

情深的一å¥... NC29 FIREBLADE...

Its a good buy then, loads of "poison" on e bike hehe... I know where he got those "scratches" on e bike hehe... Love e color bt too bad e 2011 model dun have it.. Since u rode fazer, i can tell u dat tis bike will give u much more smile on ur face bro :) ... Oh btw i luv those "fine scratches" on my bike coz it reminds me of those places i went :) ...

Perhaps u wanna consider sticker as wat bro advrider suggested coz it saves $ rather than spraying e whole bike... Play with carbon stickers coz its thick n can hide thise uneven scratch surface... :)

the most poisonous corbin seat i'm not taking. who interested can call him c if he wanna sell anot. i do hope i can handle the bike when i take over. thinking of the size n power, dunno can handle anot.

the most poisonous corbin seat i'm not taking. who interested can call him c if he wanna sell anot. i do hope i can handle the bike when i take over. thinking of the size n power, dunno can handle anot.

E corbin seat comes with e box (dunno wat it calls), dats very poisonous bro haha...

With proper suspension settings (which im not good at), e bike is able to flick like a sports bike n u tends to forget bout e weight bro :) ... Im more into comfort handling at cruising n low speed (average cruising speed @180km/hr) than charging like a mad bull :) ...

"Shut Up n Ride"

E corbin seat comes with e box (dunno wat it calls), dats very poisonous bro haha...

With proper suspension settings (which im not good at), e bike is able to flick like a sports bike n u tends to forget bout e weight bro :) ... Im more into comfort handling at cruising n low speed (average cruising speed @180km/hr) than charging like a mad bull :) ...

Hi bro . . .

When u said "proper suspension set-ups" . . . . do u mean wif e current stock ones or change to aftermarkets ones ??

I've seen a dark green gtr wif full ohlins suspensions front n back .

"Let e good time rolls"

Hi bro . . .

When u said "proper suspension set-ups" . . . . do u mean wif e current stock ones or change to aftermarkets ones ??

"Let e good time rolls"

Hi bro . . .

"Let e good time rolls"

The current stock one is good enuf bro but of coz Ohlins is a bonus :)

"Shut Up n Ride"