SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki 1400s

Guest nE0

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Super boring... Came back from a 2 days trip to Pengerang. Found out the my Glove Box lid/cover has jammed...

Damn... Heading out to work shop to rectify it...

Mine was jammed once but i switched off the ignition and I on it again, after that I am able to open the glove box. From then on, I dont leave my passport in the glove box anymore.. lol

nsr 150 sp(FT1969Y)-feb'07 to may'08, CBR 400(FQ5720L)-may'08 to july'09, TA150(FT2661I)-mar'09 to jun'09, Wave110(FT7718R)- Jun'09 - Jan'10, TA200(FX2012E)- Jan'10-May'11, VTR SP1(FS4028Z) - Sept'09 - Jan'12, ZG1400 (FBE5831K)- Jan'12 to Oct'14, Suzuki Hayabusa - Oct'14 to ???

情深的一å¥... NC29 FIREBLADE...

Mine was jammed once but i switched off the ignition and I on it again, after that I am able to open the glove box. From then on, I dont leave my passport in the glove box anymore.. lol

Mine still jammed till date, was about to leave my place before the sky opened up.. got to wait till the weekend to rectify it... Boring...

To Me....

It's not How fast you go... It's how FAR you Travel...:thumb:

It's the Rider! Not the Bike! o_O

Guys ,

Did any of u ever experience e red check light comes out after going at very high speeds ? It goes off for awhile than comes back than after engine cooled down . . . . totally never comes out (back to normal) .

Engine oil wif new oil filter 4.4L rite ? (No service manual in hand)

Thanxs in advance !!

Guys ,

Did any of u ever experience e red check light comes out after going at very high speeds ? It goes off for awhile than comes back than after engine cooled down . . . . totally never comes out (back to normal) .

Engine oil wif new oil filter 4.4L rite ? (No service manual in hand)

Thanxs in advance !!

I have only once experienced the FI light coming on.. you may try goggling it for answer...

Engine Oil without changing oil filter - 4.2L

Engine Oil with changing oil filter - 4.4L

Engine Oil with overhauling - 4.8L

nsr 150 sp(FT1969Y)-feb'07 to may'08, CBR 400(FQ5720L)-may'08 to july'09, TA150(FT2661I)-mar'09 to jun'09, Wave110(FT7718R)- Jun'09 - Jan'10, TA200(FX2012E)- Jan'10-May'11, VTR SP1(FS4028Z) - Sept'09 - Jan'12, ZG1400 (FBE5831K)- Jan'12 to Oct'14, Suzuki Hayabusa - Oct'14 to ???

I have only once experienced the FI light coming on.. you may try goggling it for answer...

Engine Oil without changing oil filter - 4.2L

Engine Oil with changing oil filter - 4.4L

Engine Oil with overhauling - 4.8L

Hi ,

From Wat I was told by some "experts" from gtr overseas . . . . e reason being EO is slightly below e required amt n due to hard riding or speeds beyond 200 kmh plus . . . e EO being circulate in e engine n being pumped up n e sensor below in e engine detects low EO levels . Replacing or adding/ topping up of EO solves e problems .

I changed my to a new EO n OF (4.4L) . . . lights totally gone oredi .

Ride safe guys !!

Experienced it few times until bo chap liaoz ... Juz start e bike n ride, only couple of things dat i wud take notice ie sign of worn bearings n leak head gasket... As for EO level, i leave to e trusty hands of ah tak n juz randomly check e oil level..

"Shut Up n Ride"

Wan,

What are the signs of a worn bearing and leak head gasket?

Check exhaust header bro, there will b some oil residue.. B4 i kena e prob, i did ask for opinion from fellow rider, he told me u can smell like "eo burnt" like dat but i didnt smell it until i touch e header n felt e oil residue...

For bearing, there will b a distinct sound when u go for bend in e carpark at low speed... When my rear wheel had dat sound, i dun wait n change both front n rear..

"Shut Up n Ride"

Check exhaust header bro, there will b some oil residue.. B4 i kena e prob, i did ask for opinion from fellow rider, he told me u can smell like "eo burnt" like dat but i didnt smell it until i touch e header n felt e oil residue...

For bearing, there will b a distinct sound when u go for bend in e carpark at low speed... When my rear wheel had dat sound, i dun wait n change both front n rear..

"Shut Up n Ride"

Experienced it few times until bo chap liaoz ... Juz start e bike n ride, only couple of things dat i wud take notice ie sign of worn bearings n leak head gasket... As for EO level, i leave to e trusty hands of ah tak n juz randomly check e oil level..

Btw i experienced e FI warning on during my ride up to Ao Nang during cruising at 180km/hr at NSHW but on my way back there's none.. N i didnt top up EO ...

"Shut Up n Ride"

You can prevent the oil leakage. When you go for service get the mech to re torque all the screws, cos after a while all your screws will be loosen especially the factory will not tighten it fully. According a my GTR kaki in Malaysia they will re tighten all the screws when they send in for the first service after run in. Last time I had it tighten during my 10k service, found that the headers, engine bolts and engine blocks screws not tighten.

Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wat is the damage for a full set of front brake pads. mine going to botak liao.

btw, officially taken over a gtr. the handling i shd say, impressive given the size of the bike. need to do up a few items b4 its good to go.

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

hmmm..... but he changed to braking rotors. dun think oem ones r suitable. i'm enquiring on vesrah brake pads. anybody interested? it works well on my fz1. shd b good on the gtr.

Congrats bro :) ... If u buy e OEM pads locally, it will cost $290 a pair.. If order online it cost bout S$160-170 a pair (shipping incl) ... Go n ask from ur bike previous owner bro, he have lots of info :) ...

Just to add there are 4 pieces on each calipers. So that makes 8 pieces. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hmmm..... but he changed to braking rotors. dun think oem ones r suitable. i'm enquiring on vesrah brake pads. anybody interested? it works well on my fz1. shd b good on the gtr.

Cannot compare FZ 1 and GTR in terms of power and weight ratio. Things like the brake pads I would not save money on it. Period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You should see his FZ1 rotors.. Its smooth.. No deep scratches like my stock and now braking rotors. Can consider and try his pads. Anyway its confirm cheaper than local stock pads..

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q206/AT5555r/EnforcerGTR.jpg

1999-2000 :: NSR125r

2000-2002 :: CBR400rr

2002-2005 :: YZF R1

2005-2006 :: SYM GTS

2006-2010 :: Honda STx

2010-2013 :: Kawasaki GTR1400

2013-2015 :: BMW GSA

2016- ???? :: BMW GSA LC

Aiyah like dat cannot compare e price oreidi if not using e oem ones... After market pads there's alot in e market so take ur pick.. As for me, no more oems coz changed to ebc rotors liaoz... Fazer n GTR r totally 2 diff league but if one can take twisties on GTR like how Fazer cud, upzzz for e rider hehe...

Btw met 1 uncle few weeks ago, he said he had clear his GTR meter @ 300 km/hr ... I juz go, "Whoooaaaahhhh" hehe.. I oso got clear meter, in my wet dreams ar haha....

"Shut Up n Ride"

Btw met 1 uncle few weeks ago, he said he had clear his GTR meter @ 300 km/hr ... I juz go, "Whoooaaaahhhh" hehe.. I oso got clear meter, in my wet dreams ar haha....

Cos his balls are made of titanium yours made of flesh and blood. Btw how to clear meter... Only tried till 290++ and meter kanna stuck at that position on 5th gear...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Just to add there are 4 pieces on each calipers. So that makes 8 pieces. Cheers.

hehe... i had done my home work. and also manage to find the part number for various brands. OEM, EBC, Braking, sbs, NewFren, Vesrah.

Cannot compare FZ 1 and GTR in terms of power and weight ratio. Things like the brake pads I would not save money on it. Period.
when it comes to braking, its more on the weight than the power of the machine cos when u brake, u dun throttle at the same time. its not about saving money on brake pads. besides comparing the price, i oso would like to know the performance n durability of the brake pads. wats the use of getting "good" brake pads that wears off damn fast or eats into the rotors? i'm looking at good brake pads that gives good braking feel that will not fade over time, durability of up to 18 mths n will not eat into rotors.

now that i'm not using oem rotors, i cannot find the right brake pad to recommend. but for fz, i strongly recommend vesrah. good braking feel for 18 mths since 1st usage, not eating into rotors n the pads r still thick.

You should see his FZ1 rotors.. Its smooth.. No deep scratches like my stock and now braking rotors. Can consider and try his pads. Anyway its confirm cheaper than local stock pads..

Thanks. the braking brake pads dun appeal to me after i checked on the pads during cleaning. the wear rate was damn fast. so i'm looking at vesrah. hope its good.

Aiyah like dat cannot compare e price oreidi if not using e oem ones... After market pads there's alot in e market so take ur pick.. As for me, no more oems coz changed to ebc rotors liaoz... Fazer n GTR r totally 2 diff league but if one can take twisties on GTR like how Fazer cud, upzzz for e rider hehe...

hahaha.... actually can compare lah. no harm comparing. :p base on the handling of gtr, i think its not much of a prob to take it on twisties roads. i will try that one day.