SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Kawasaki 1400s

Guest nE0

E corbin seat comes with e box (dunno wat it calls), dats very poisonous bro haha...

With proper suspension settings (which im not good at), e bike is able to flick like a sports bike n u tends to forget bout e weight bro :) ... Im more into comfort handling at cruising n low speed (average cruising speed @180km/hr) than charging like a mad bull :) ...

but its really ex. 1k+ if i were to get frm him. my plan is to get a topcase, then if seat not comfy, will do a recushioning at eugene saddlery. had done the re-cushion for my fz rider n pillion, result is very promising. i got no complains even after riding to krabi. wife oso no complain even up to KL.

i might end up getting aftermarket rear shock if the current cannot satisfy my handling needs. which happened to my 2 x ex bikes. so u had tried one with good suspension set up?

Hi bro . . .

When u said "proper suspension set-ups" . . . . do u mean wif e current stock ones or change to aftermarkets ones ??

I've seen a dark green gtr wif full ohlins suspensions front n back .

"Let e good time rolls"

woah... any idea how much is the ohlins rear shock?

The current stock one is good enuf bro but of coz Ohlins is a bonus :)

is the stock rear shock servicable?

Honda Super 4 Ver S: Mar 02 - Sept 05

PGO Gmax 150: Sept 05 - Dec 05

Honda Super 4 Vtec 1: Nov 05 - Apr 07

Suzuki GSR 400: Apr 07 - Dec 09

Yamaha FZ1S: Nov 09 - May 13

Kawasaki GTR 1400: Jan 13 - ??? ??

Yamaha FZ16ST: May 14 - ??? ??

• Replies 6.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

anybody had tried dismantling the heated grips for some other normal grips?

but its really ex. 1k+ if i were to get frm him. my plan is to get a topcase, then if seat not comfy, will do a recushioning at eugene saddlery. had done the re-cushion for my fz rider n pillion, result is very promising. i got no complains even after riding to krabi. wife oso no complain even up to KL.

i might end up getting aftermarket rear shock if the current cannot satisfy my handling needs. which happened to my 2 x ex bikes. so u had tried one with good suspension set up?

woah... any idea how much is the ohlins rear shock?

is the stock rear shock servicable?

Suspension set up i did myself :) ... So far it wrks for me n few of my kakis ... My previous fz1s suspension sux to e core bt after some magic added which cost less than $50, it works wonderful...

As for e cost of ohlins, i'm not too sure bt i recommend Sporting coz e price quite reasonable compared to Hong Kan Lan... Whether e stock suspension servicable or not m not too sure either, will chck with ah tak..

"Shut Up n Ride"

Y wud anybody wants to do dat ? :)

heated grips dun come cheap n using it over time will cause wear n tear. some more we wun need it in sg hence thinking of replacing it with other grips.

Suspension set up i did myself :) ... So far it wrks for me n few of my kakis ... My previous fz1s suspension sux to e core bt after some magic added which cost less than $50, it works wonderful...

As for e cost of ohlins, i'm not too sure bt i recommend Sporting coz e price quite reasonable compared to Hong Kan Lan... Whether e stock suspension servicable or not m not too sure either, will chck with ah tak..

stock setting only got a limited set up option. after market ones got more option n more precise compare to stock. price of cos is alot higher too. most stock rear shocks r not serviceable hence have to replace them over time. since i'm taking over a 2nd hand unit, the likely hood to replace it is very high as i'm rather picky on handling of bike. wilbers will b another option n wun b as ex as ohlins. ohlins estimate 1.5k per unit. wilbers mayb ard there too. i'm using penske now, price shd b 1.7k.

wat magic did u do the the fz1 suspension? i really had to change mine cos like u mentioned, it sucks. changed to a penske n use it for 2 year plus. best investment so far.

Dats y i recommend my kakis Grab On Grip... Got it from ebay but now there's a fellow forumer who brought it in.. Check it out bro... Much cheaper than to change e whole pc of heated grips... If im not wrong e bike u taking over oreidi cums wit it..

For suspension, yup i agree it has limited settings bt so far it has been sufficient for me to take tight corners n irregular roads of malaysia n thailand with ease n confidence :) .. To me e kawi stock suspension r much much better than e yams... Riding e yams is like riding horse lolzzzz... Since u havent got e bike yet, y not u wait till u get it, feel it then u decide :) ...

Bout e magic dat i did to my ex fz1s, im sorry but i cnt disclosed it here bro coz its e creation of my guru... :) Those pple who sat on e bike e 1st ques they ask me is "U changed e kangtong ar ?" Hehe ...

Edited by WanFazer

"Shut Up n Ride"

Dats y i recommend my kakis Grab On Grip... Got it from ebay but now there's a fellow forumer who brought it in.. Check it out bro... Much cheaper than to change e whole pc of heated grips... If im not wrong e bike u taking over oreidi cums wit it..

For suspension, yup i agree it has limited settings bt so far it has been sufficient for me to take tight corners n irregular roads of malaysia n thailand with ease n confidence :) .. To me e kawi stock suspension r much much better than e yams... Riding e yams is like riding horse lolzzzz... Since u havent got e bike yet, y not u wait till u get it, feel it then u decide :) ...

Bout e magic dat i did to my ex fz1s, im sorry but i cnt disclosed it here bro coz its e creation of my guru... :) Those pple who sat on e bike e 1st ques they ask me is "U changed e kangtong ar ?" Hehe ...

I knew what you did to the suspension but I will not tell too. It's still only a temp solution, aftermarket still way to go. Always encourage my kakis to change if they want to keep long term. Otherwise when time to change suspension means its time to change bike. Furthermore these shocks are serviceable and still got resale value. Just a thought. Cheers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I knew what you did to the suspension but I will not tell too. It's still only a temp solution, aftermarket still way to go. Always encourage my kakis to change if they want to keep long term. Otherwise when time to change suspension means its time to change bike. Furthermore these shocks are serviceable and still got resale value. Just a thought. Cheers.

Haha yeah bro, dat i agree... My buddy changed his fjr kantong to ohlins n when sold to shop, he got $22k for an '08 fjr :)

"Shut Up n Ride"

Haha yeah bro, dat i agree... My buddy changed his fjr kantong to ohlins n when sold to shop, he got $22k for an '08 fjr :)

Never ever push to shops with all the accessories cos its not going to bring the trade in price further. What I did was if private sale I'll state the accessories. If push to bike shop I will remove everything and sell. Especially the Öhlins, at least it will cover the cost of the Öhlins for your next bike. One thing about servicing of the Öhlins is servicing is about $240 they will change all the seals and oil. Cheers

is it like a sleeve that fit into the grip? if yes, i saw it n its very thick. dun really like that thick throttle grip. definitely will try out 1st b4 deciding to change. its a 4 figure item. dun pray pray....

anybody had tried dismantling the heated grips for some other normal grips?

Y wud anybody wants to do dat ? :)

Yes... Why would you want to do that...?

The heated grip is a good send during cold rainy nights during my trips up north or riding locally... Surprisingly, my body feels warmer with the heated grip activated.

To Me....

It's not How fast you go... It's how FAR you Travel...:thumb:

It's the Rider! Not the Bike! o_O

Yes... Why would you want to do that...?

The heated grip is a good send during cold rainy nights during my trips up north or riding locally... Surprisingly, my body feels warmer with the heated grip activated.

Thinking of changing to bmw grips. i do know the advantage of having heated grips. but i oso dun wan to spoil the grips over time so the thought of replacing the grips.

r u the one who took over joseph's gtr?

Thinking of changing to bmw grips. i do know the advantage of having heated grips. but i oso dun wan to spoil the grips over time so the thought of replacing the grips.

J.Oh? You also same same *You know where* too?

To Me....

If you are planning to remove the heated grip be prepared to go through a lot of work. It's not just remove and forget, you need to tinker with the whole wiring. But if you are just thinking of changing the grips then you got to be careful too you don't want to splice up the heating element below the grips.

Just a thought.

J.Oh? You also same same *You know where* too?

Joseph Ho. i same same?

If you are planning to remove the heated grip be prepared to go through a lot of work. It's not just remove and forget, you need to tinker with the whole wiring. But if you are just thinking of changing the grips then you got to be careful too you don't want to splice up the heating element below the grips.

Just a thought.

not sure wat is underneath the grips. when taken over then c how. now haven't take over, say so much oso like that. :D

Same same as in sama sama.... Lol.

Ha!!! Ha!!! Ha!!! I also use to be same same sama sama... Just different Dept.

Joseph Ho. i same same?

not sure wat is underneath the grips. when taken over then c how. now haven't take over, say so much oso like that. :D

You also from Same Same Sama Sama?

To Me....

Same same as in sama sama.... Lol.

Ha!!! Ha!!! Ha!!! I also use to be same same sama sama... Just different Dept.

Joseph Ho. i same same?

You also from Same Same Sama Sama?

To Me....