SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Coe!!!!!!!!!!

agash1985

You are mixing in too many unrelated factors. We are talking about COE. This has nothing to do with strong currency, hard working foreigners, etc.

We are talking about a gov which does what is good for the people, not just what is good for the treasury.

Hong Kong's leader didn't change. Their leaders are selected by Beijing, not the people. They are, in effect, puppets of Beijing.

We are already the most expensive country in the world, and this is a heavy burden on the people. High COE also translate into higher costs, as all businesses have to pay it and it is then transferred to the consumers, the public.

You can try to be positive, but that doesn't change the fact that the system needs to be changed. And to do that, perhaps those people responsible should also be changed. And that is not simply "waiting for things to happen". We can make it happen ourselves, starting with the next elections.

By having lower Coe does not mean third world but having a incompetent leader will lead us down that road. You all can complain and will when we are there.

You all can see how it affecting the countries from all over the world. You all can complain about this been high & that been high but it is because of ourselves or???

So when we slow down or stop and other countries catch up?? When our currency does not hold strong value, will u all still talk like this?? We are lucky that other are incompetent but they have a lot which SG does not have however they fail to build on it.

Do we have the hunger for success like the ft?? Or we just sit back and keep thinking why this why that does not work out. We are living in a too well protected environment which our youth had a disadvantages when facing tough competition from outside world.

Not sure how many of the ppl here can see it, but I personally deal with all nationalities and I can see the urge in those ft (even a worker) . They will to put in hard work to achieve what they want but local???

I'm not a support of pay and pay, I hate the system also but I see more positive than negative in the system.

Thing are on the high but why we cannot strive hard to get what we want.

I just bought a new bike when the Coe was high, I'm complaining also however I spend most of my energy to improve myself and make sure that I can survive in this country and make my life better rather than sit down and just complain and waiting for thing to happen. How u want to live your life is in your hand not others.

Also those countries u mention, are there any changes after they change their leader?? Especially HK.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You are mixing in too many unrelated factors. We are talking about COE. This has nothing to do with strong currency, hard working foreigners, etc.

We are talking about a gov which does what is good for the people, not just what is good for the treasury.

Hong Kong's leader didn't change. Their leaders are selected by Beijing, not the people. They are, in effect, puppets of Beijing.

We are already the most expensive country in the world, and this is a heavy burden on the people. High COE also translate into higher costs, as all businesses have to pay it and it is then transferred to the consumers, the public.

You can try to be positive, but that doesn't change the fact that the system needs to be changed. And to do that, perhaps those people responsible should also be changed. And that is not simply "waiting for things to happen". We can make it happen ourselves, starting with the next elections.

Am i off track or u failed to get it the first time when I mentioned it.

Just too many ppl are thinking by voting against or out the pay and pay will mean lower Coe.

I just want to highlight that will not be the case and we will be facing more if we are so naive.

Gov does good but please define good. Good for u or for the country as a whole??

Anyway I'm done with my comments. I'm not here to debate just sharing some view which I wish more ppl can look into and really think about it instead of just looking at the surface.

No matter what is done, there never be a system when all are happy with.

http://img220.exs.cx/img220/7457/gforcesig1hc.jpg

1. Changing the gov is no guarantee of lower COE prices. I agree. But NOT changing the government is certain to result in higher COE prices. This current gov has had 20 years to tweak the system, and they have refused to do so. Maybe we can give someone else the chance. At least we have a 50-50% chance. Note: COE prices is only ONE of the many things they ****ed up. Why do you think Lee Hsien Loong removed Mah Bow Tan, Wong Kan Seng and Raymond Lim from their respective ministries?

2. Good for the country should also mean good for the people. And by people, I mean the lower and middle income. The higher income people are already well taken care of.

3. I've thought about this a very long time. Every election I weigh the pros and cons. And sometimes, you can't keep doing things the same old way with the same old people and expect better results.

4. No system is perfect. But when the system is broken in some places, it should be fixed. If those responsible are not able to fix it, then bring in new people. Otherwise, the system will remain broken forever.

Am i off track or u failed to get it the first time when I mentioned it.

Just too many ppl are thinking by voting against or out the pay and pay will mean lower Coe.

I just want to highlight that will not be the case and we will be facing more if we are so naive.

Gov does good but please define good. Good for u or for the country as a whole??

Anyway I'm done with my comments. I'm not here to debate just sharing some view which I wish more ppl can look into and really think about it instead of just looking at the surface.

No matter what is done, there never be a system when all are happy with.

1. Changing the gov is no guarantee of lower COE prices. I agree. But NOT changing the government is certain to result in higher COE prices. This current gov has had 20 years to tweak the system, and they have refused to do so. Maybe we can give someone else the chance. At least we have a 50-50% chance. Note: COE prices is only ONE of the many things they ****ed up. Why do you think Lee Hsien Loong removed Mah Bow Tan, Wong Kan Seng and Raymond Lim from their respective ministries?

2. Good for the country should also mean good for the people. And by people, I mean the lower and middle income. The higher income people are already well taken care of.

3. I've thought about this a very long time. Every election I weigh the pros and cons. And sometimes, you can't keep doing things the same old way with the same old people and expect better results.

4. No system is perfect. But when the system is broken in some places, it should be fixed. If those responsible are not able to fix it, then bring in new people. Otherwise, the system will remain broken forever.

I concur. Its the thinking of those cowards that are too afraid of change that kept those in power still where they are. How would one know if the change will be for the bad or good? Unless that person can read the future or better yet have a working time machine and can go to and fro back in time then that is a different story. Otherwise no case at all. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

the impact on congestion by increasing bike COE quota so that premium is

the only reason why LTA reduced the quota is for more money: squeeze the little pple more dry...the bustards

I see the COE rise for motorcycles as a method (dunno whether intentional of the authorities or not) to phase out the 2 strokers and bikes which are not EURO IV conformed.

In time to come, i will suffer the same fate too if COE doesn't come down, and will be compelled to scrap my cute TA200 and buy a brand new EURO IV conformed bike with a pricey COE.

PUI!!!! to such a policy. But I have to say some 2-strokers are damn smokey and noisy too la. Win some lose some in life.

the someone will also say : u can choose to buy or not to buy

be prepared for $8888 coe , HUAT AH

cant imagine down the road they start to changing everything

from COE and parking to be like ERP

eg. ERP for car $2 , bike $1

coe for car $60k bike $30k

parking at mscp for car $90 bike $45 :faint::faint::faint:

Hello fellow bikers,

With the skyrocketing COE from the past COE bididng got me ponder why isnt the LTA doing anything about it. So i post some question to LTA and they reply the following. Hope you guys get the picture.

Skyrocketed Motorcycle COE Price

FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20150213-0683

We refer to your email of 13 February 2015.

We wish to explain that Singapore manages the growth of the vehicle population through the Vehicle Quota System (VQS). With a limited supply of Certificate of Entitlement (COEs) under the VQS, we adopt an open bidding approach as it is the most efficient and transparent way to allocate the scarce COEs. With the supply of COEs set based on the rate at which our infrastructure development can support, the price is determined by the demand for them, and COEs will be allocated to those who value them most.

We also wish to clarify that motorcycles do contribute to congestion. This is a finding from local and international traffic studies. Their contribution to congestion is reflected in them being assigned a Passenger-Car Unit (PCU) of 0.5 for the purpose of road pricing here.

As you may be aware, the Government has reduced the contribution rate to Cat E from 15% to 10% from February 2015. As a result, more COEs from deregistered motorcycles will be returned back to Cat D.

The prices of Cat D COEs are influenced by various factors, both from the demand and the supply side. We note your feedback and we will monitor the situation closely.

We thank you for writing in.

Yours sincerely

The simplest way to control such prices is to stop dealer from bidding COE. As they just want sales, COE has nothing to do with them.

LJ loh. CAT D is kanna cut left right up down that y we c this increase.

We use to have around 1k of CAT D COE allocation in 2013 on average but now only 700 to CAT D last month...

Wait till they cut till 400 and we will see CAt D hitting $10k

http://www.lta.gov.sg/content/ltaweb/en/publications-and-research.html

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/ShadowROne/Sig/ShadowROne/Sig3.jpg

Rides

1. 1999-2001 aprilia RS250

2. 2000-2002 Hexagon

3. 2001-2002 Suzuki TL1000R

4. 2002-2005 Yamaha YZF R1

5. 2005-Present SYM Magic

We use to have around 1k of CAT D COE allocation in 2013 on average but now only 700 to CAT D last month...

And thats just the tip of the iceberg :) ho ho ho... merry christmas...

Hello fellow bikers,

With the skyrocketing COE from the past COE bididng got me ponder why isnt the LTA doing anything about it. So i post some question to LTA and they reply the following. Hope you guys get the picture.

The simplest way to control such prices is to stop dealer from bidding COE. As they just want sales, COE has nothing to do with them.

whoever complain falls into deaf ear, LTA is the one creating the high COE.

simple economic: cut supply, demand will goes up. tats wat LTA is doing.

do u really think LTA will sympathize for bikers, low income earners.

they r more concern no $$,$$$ cat D in their pockets.

Hello fellow bikers,

Skyrocketed Motorcycle COE Price

FEEDBACK NUMBER: 20150213-0683

We refer to your email of 13 February 2015.

We wish to explain that Singapore manages the growth of the vehicle population through the Vehicle Quota System (VQS). With a limited supply of Certificate of Entitlement (COEs) under the VQS, we adopt an open bidding approach as it is the most efficient and transparent way to allocate the scarce COEs. With the supply of COEs set based on the rate at which our infrastructure development can support, the price is determined by the demand for them, and COEs will be allocated to those who value them most.

We also wish to clarify that motorcycles do contribute to congestion. This is a finding from local and international traffic studies. Their contribution to congestion is reflected in them being assigned a Passenger-Car Unit (PCU) of 0.5 for the purpose of road pricing here.

As you may be aware, the Government has reduced the contribution rate to Cat E from 15% to 10% from February 2015. As a result, more COEs from deregistered motorcycles will be returned back to Cat D.

The prices of Cat D COEs are influenced by various factors, both from the demand and the supply side. We note your feedback and we will monitor the situation closely.

We thank you for writing in.

Yours sincerely

Sounds like an attempt by LTA to confuse people. Is there a saying that goes by 'If you cannot convince them, confuse them'? If not there should be one now. :rolleyes:

Precisely. :cool: Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

The easiest solution that can be adopted, and the outcome will be the same (i.e. same number of registered vehicles every round of bidding according to quotas) EXCEPT that COE prices will be lower and people will benefit.

1) NO MORE BIDDING BY DEALERS; only TRANSPARENT and INDIVIDUAL bidding (i.e. bid using your NIRC only)

2) PAY AS YOU BID; You want to bid $10,000 for your Ducati (no offense to Ducati owners) go ahead, but if the COE cut-off for that round of bidding is only $2,000, you still have to pay $10,000 for your COE.

Yet, LTA has REFUSED to make this a reality despite achieving the same results with respect to traffic control. Why? Go figure.

I disagree with the 2 bikes:1 car ratio that LTA has adopted for road congestion quantification, I also call bullshit on the "We also wish to clarify that motorcycles do contribute to congestion. This is a finding from local and international traffic studies". Every other nation in the world sees two-wheeled vehicles as solutions to traffic congestion, only we see them as a PROBLEM.

That's why our road is still congested, because they see the solution as problems all these years. They still haven't wake up yet.

Then bicycle also contribute to congestion lor, because they are on the road too, without coe, road tax and insurance somemore.

Just stand on the road side anywhere, and you will count around 15+ cars then a motorcycle pass by. Go test it out...

Bicycles don't pay COE because the government hasn't seen/justified the need to control the bicycle population. (matter of time?)

They don't pay road tax because they are emissions free (road tax is NOT entitlement to use the road)

As for insurance, I'm on the fence about this because there needs to be some liability if there's damage caused to public or private property. Yet again, the likelihood of a bicycle causing serious damage/injury to others is not as high as that of a motorized vehicle, considering a bicycle's weight and speed.

Anyway, I want to highlight an article I read a few days ago about how "electric car sharing schemes" will "cost over $100m in tax revenue loss".

But when time to increase petrol taxes, it's justified by "it's to control vehicle usage and to control environmental pollution."

Isn't electric car sharing schemes GOOD for the environment and also HELP to reduce car usage? But not viable because of "loss tax revenue" but when time to earn more tax $$$, they give the reasons that the latter scheme could help solve in the first place. Shooting themselves in the foot.

*angry!!!*

That's why our road is still congested, because they see the solution as problems all these years. They still haven't wake up yet.

Then bicycle also contribute to congestion lor, because they are on the road too, without coe, road tax and insurance somemore.

Just stand on the road side anywhere, and you will count around 15+ cars then a motorcycle pass by. Go test it out...

wait wait... must make sure the bike is a SINGAPORE plate then its counted... when i ride on the road... 9 of 10... starts with Jxx.....

wait wait... must make sure the bike is a SINGAPORE plate then its counted... when i ride on the road... 9 of 10... starts with Jxx.....

And these bikes have illegal exhausts and etc on them but LTA cannot touch. SG bikes use LTA approved exhausts and get fined across the border. :rolleyes:

Look in the cars on the roads. Its usage is not being maximized. 1 person inside car. Its not even 50% filled. As for bikes its always 50% filled. :cool:

KRGT-1

Sounds like an attempt by LTA to confuse people. Is there a saying that goes by 'If you cannot convince them, confuse them'? If not there should be one now. :rolleyes:

Precisely. :cool:

It's called a template answer.

Try 10 of us writing in with the same questions in different forms. You will get the same template.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

The easiest solution that can be adopted, and the outcome will be the same (i.e. same number of registered vehicles every round of bidding according to quotas) EXCEPT that COE prices will be lower and people will benefit.

1) NO MORE BIDDING BY DEALERS; only TRANSPARENT and INDIVIDUAL bidding (i.e. bid using your NIRC only)

2) PAY AS YOU BID; You want to bid $10,000 for your Ducati (no offense to Ducati owners) go ahead, but if the COE cut-off for that round of bidding is only $2,000, you still have to pay $10,000 for your COE.

Yet, LTA has REFUSED to make this a reality despite achieving the same results with respect to traffic control. Why? Go figure.

I disagree with the 2 bikes:1 car ratio that LTA has adopted for road congestion quantification, I also call bullshit on the "We also wish to clarify that motorcycles do contribute to congestion. This is a finding from local and international traffic studies". Every other nation in the world sees two-wheeled vehicles as solutions to traffic congestion, only we see them as a PROBLEM.

If PAYB was decided by and bidded by the dealer, you will end up paying $10K if the bugger is a bloody a55hole.

So it has to be a buyer only bid process.

So PAYB won't fly with dealers because it would mean that they will either lose the deal, or have it postponed to the next exercise.

Imagine this: You, the buyer, instruct the dealer to bid $1000 because that's all you'll pay. And your bid doesn't make the cut.

The dealer won't be able to close the sale, and either loses the deal (if there was no DP involved), or have to try again next month (DP paid) and end up having holding his stock.

PAYB will work only along if (1) was strictly implemented.

And (1) will only work if secure measures were put in, like involving your Singpass to bid, if it's not already in place.

Our Singpass gives access to all our personal Govt info (CPF, IRAS, NS portal, etc), so I doubt any sane person would let the dealer have it... as if he were just passing the NRIC to the fella to register something on his behalf.

Edited by DeusExMachina
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

You really sound like another naive young chap, my friend.

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/4128/demimoore2fi.jpg