SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wanna check out the market before buying..

Is $30 a fair price for a replacement seat?

TIA!

bro... y dun wanna keep your seat?

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

dry batt? or?

Not sure :cheeky: Should be dry cell as there was no need to pour in liquid, unless it was done inside the shop. Hehe i'm curious to find out when I open my seat again

I like your seats leh Marvel.. because its abit steep, the rider like got a mini backrest like that... ok wad... haha~!!

Or you changing because of the positioning problem? :lol:

:gun: :D

Someone with longer arms and who pillion frequently will find the seat very very very comfy.

marvel, maybe you can try cutting your current seat down to size instead? I've read good things about Eugene at jalan besar, but he takes some time to do it up apparently...

Thanks for the contact bro. Don't intend to change the pillow seats anymore. It is good for someone out there. Might keep for the next owner, or sell if off and exchange with someone who appreciates it. And if I do, then buying a replacement seems redundant. Hehe just exploring options. Gonna loan out to Lionel tom for a short trial

got $30 seats? what kind ah? Phantom original seats cost over a hundred dollars...

Yup original but 2nd hand lah. :p Intend to cut and rewrap for personal comfort! It'll be good as new. Anw, contact me if you are interested also.

bro... y dun wanna keep your seat?

Eyeing a personalize single seater for my riding comfort. At the same time, I don't know how long I'll keep the ride, so if it's good-value-for-money, I might go ahead. See how lah! I know you want those with black leather and studs.. got them already?

Eyeing a personalize single seater for my riding comfort. At the same time, I don't know how long I'll keep the ride, so if it's good-value-for-money, I might go ahead. See how lah! I know you want those with black leather and studs.. got them already?

Nah.. Still not financially stable yet.. lol... But dec seems to be a good time for me to do a makeover for my ride :cheeky:

Class 2B - 23 Nov 2007

Class 2A - 24 Mar 2009

Class 2 - 19 Oct 2010

Class 3 - 20 Jul 2011

Nah.. Still not financially stable yet.. lol... But dec seems to be a good time for me to do a makeover for my ride :cheeky:

Wahh you want the seats because you saw mine right? Admit it... Hahaha...

single seater?! Keep us updated if you do that, it'll be interesting to see how a phantom will be like with single seat...

I've seen a lot already - Phantom Panda, WarGoat, Raphael, Madman, and about 3 non-forummers.

You'll get to see later when you join us... If not, when we head back i'll upload for you :p

I have the best signature.

Lol see mr Marvel's post only immediately hog him abt it ha. I felt good for me the last time i sat on it. Hopefully it feels as good while riding.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

Wah seh Marvelstone, that time we fixed my sidebox u never hinted on selling ur seats man or surely i will get it from u. In fact, i made my seats at Eugene out 2 or 3 weeks back. Cost me $100. He added width to pillion seats and also more quality cushions to both rider and pillion seats. The stuff he used is not cheap cheap ones. Btw the skin that i chose was recommended by him, it wun slip when wet which is a good thing. Ur buttocks will have an intimate bonding/riding session. I did a 2 colour tone seats. To me it was $100 well spent. Btw guys if u do think of making seats, take ur time to choose the quality, colour and style that u wanna do it up with. I was rushing so i went along with his ideas. Turns out to be not too bad but i could have done something to my liking.

And yes, pls give him time. 1 or 2 weeks. I expected a few days job but i guess he is swamped with work. He has seats that he can loan to u though. I felt that i didnt make a wrong decision to go to him coz my butt is thanking me. Its unlike last time when i went to a shop at Lavender and they charged me $45 for a shoddy job. Btw i have seen Marvelstone's seats. If he is seriously selling it, do think that its worthwhile to purchase from him. No need to wait at Eugenes for seats to be ready.

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

I find the original suspensions are still the best for phantoms. Any second opinions?

I wonder what are the feedbacks from those who uses stock s4 suspensions or those aftermarket lookalikes. :confused:

because he finds it too tall...

jeez I need something taller, interested in a trade? my legs still look and feel awkward to myself and other riders who ride with me.

Yo jB, my bike now is using YSS brand rear suspensions. Original one kaput already. At first has some kinda metallic noise but after sometime it goes away. Must run in also i guess....lol. Btw mine looks alike the original. So far so good.

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

Wah seh Marvelstone, that time we fixed my sidebox u never hinted on selling ur seats man or surely i will get it from u.

Haha didn't know I would consider selling back then. Good to know you claimed your given right to COMFORT with the new seats :cheeky:

Bah. I'm trying out the stock seats for now. It's hard :D Also, the contours tend to guide your bum towards the front tank and the posture cramps up your legs. The strain on my upper back is gone as I'm nearer to the front, but the lower back stresses up because the stock seats doesn't allow an upright posture. Not enjoying it at the moment. :giddy:

hiyo,

would nid some help on where can i get it done and erm.. how much?

-repaint my bike

-derust my bike

then bro madman are u in sg? hahh emailed u last time but due to some reason nv contacted u b bout the crash bar..would like to fix that up

Gooner For Life

Wat u see might not be wat u get...

Preception is reality

hiyo,

would nid some help on where can i get it done and erm.. how much?

-repaint my bike

-derust my bike

then bro madman are u in sg? hahh emailed u last time but due to some reason nv contacted u b bout the crash bar..would like to fix that up

i suppose the sms i recieve jus now is from you? no prob. i'm in SG this week.

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

yeayea

but eh u do painting too? hah would it be long?if not hah thurs go 1 shot=D

spray paint about 1 week plus. wanna spray what? fenders and tank?

http://www.nutrition4u.sg/images/coaches/VicNette02.jpg

Contact me at 9858 6442 (madman) 9845 6442 (Babycakes)

Visit me at www.Fat2FitChallenge.com or add me in FB nutrition4u.sg

spray paint about 1 week plus. wanna spray what? fenders and tank?

wah 1week plus o0

hahah bikeless days..want to repaint those original color lo..eh think should be those 2..

other than that eh is there any service for derusting? or DIY Autosol?

eh mgiht be OOt pspsps

Gooner For Life

Wat u see might not be wat u get...

Preception is reality