SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Typical prices for Phantom repairs & mods

thatone1

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i ask ah chong before. he said after market one not good. it will have oil leakage or something.

anyone here using after market ones? :/

most of the cheaper aftermarket shocks are made in thailand... so... yes their quality can be not up-to-standard... the only thai brand that I do not mind is yss...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

most of the cheaper aftermarket shocks are made in thailand... so... yes their quality can be not up-to-standard... the only thai brand that I do not mind is yss...

use ohlins shocks la... confirm good and your pockets burn one hole...:cheeky:

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

choy use ohlins on phantom... :cheeky:

well, why not? not for me la, but whatever rocks whoever's boat, they will do it right?

although it is not doing the pair of ohlins shocks justice... :cheeky:

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

it will be cheaper to do sticker in ur situation

Bro, I need to re-spray the Fenders and Tank cover 1st leh, so I tot it'll be better to do all together. If stickers can do the job I dun mind saving some $$$ leh! Do you know where to get some nice stickers like attached?

IMG_0259.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0261.jpg

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

YSS? Who is selling them? Why is that you wont mind YSS?

use ohlins shocks la... confirm good and your pockets burn one hole...:cheeky:

ah...

wait for my ducati that comes with it better :cheeky:

Bro, I need to re-spray the Fenders and Tank cover 1st leh, so I tot it'll be better to do all together. If stickers can do the job I dun mind saving some $$$ leh! Do you know where to get some nice stickers like attached?

go juzzwheel at bukit merah. opp hkl.

quite pro in what they do. :angel:

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

Hi all,

Have anyone sent to planet motor your ride after an accident??? will ah chong delay the repair of your ride?? Cos I sent my ride on friday and he say tuesday can be ready... then I just call him just now he say next week then can take... So the question is... is he trustworthy??? Cos I put deposit liao sia...

Hi all,

Have anyone sent to planet motor your ride after an accident??? will ah chong delay the repair of your ride?? Cos I sent my ride on friday and he say tuesday can be ready... then I just call him just now he say next week then can take... So the question is... is he trustworthy??? Cos I put deposit liao sia...

sometime the delay is because of the paper work he need to help u do also.. my Mini accident which only the eagle footrest is damage, took me 3 days for my ride to be ready..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

YSS? Who is selling them? Why is that you wont mind YSS?

ah...

wait for my ducati that comes with it better :cheeky:

go juzzwheel at bukit merah. opp hkl.

quite pro in what they do. :angel:

chong aik sells yss shocks... I don't mind them because they are quite reputable now...

Hi all,

after the cny holidays... things are a little out of hand... I would say he is trustworthy. sometimes, the parts supplier might not be able to get the parts on time, hence delays...

anyone know what's the usual price for a rack for box?

im suppose all racks are universal and can fit diff base plates?

I don't know the usual price... but no, the racks are NOT universal... get the one suitable for your bike and baseplate... you would need to do a little research...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

that design is done by air brush... it will not look as good with sticker.. u can try replica or yeow to ask for a qoute of that design..

Thanks bro, think will only re-spray my bike only and not airbrushing! I went down to an airbrush shop and I'm very impressed with their works but it's too ex for me. Maybe my future bike will go to them!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

the ABS give the same purpose as will not lock ur wheel..

but the effect is always there not like those real 1 that will actival when ur wheel is locked..

and the con of koon's ABS is that it will increase ur braking distance...

Have anyone fix the ABS that ah koon is selling on your phantom..

Practice using more front brake than rear brake. Will be useful when you go for your class 2a/2 TP.

Start building your confidence for E.brake course now.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...

Practice using more front brake than rear brake. Will be useful when you go for your class 2a/2 TP.

Start building your confidence for E.brake course now.

Hehehe.. well my recent skidding is because i jammed brake my front too much and lost control. so i tot if got abs i will have more control as the wheel wont lock... If you got control i think distance also you can counter it by trying to turn right or left lor... Cos once your wheel lock.. you turn your bike only sure buang...

Hehehe.. well my recent skidding is because i jammed brake my front too much and lost control. so i tot if got abs i will have more control as the wheel wont lock... If you got control i think distance also you can counter it by trying to turn right or left lor... Cos once your wheel lock.. you turn your bike only sure buang...

Then the lesson you should be learning is not to follow too closely and improve your situational awareness.

If you going to install that pseudo-ABS thing on the front, yes in that same situation you wouldn't have skidded. But you are going to end up in whatever you are trying to avoid.

Then can let people claim you liao.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4109/4974036153_c36bbcded6.jpg

Life isn't all about one's self...