SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Best 2A bike in the market (fuel consumption)

enginfar

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am getting 25km/L for my vtec1, 21-22km/L if i am in a naughty mood :angel:

wow... you must really gentle with your bike.. even at 21-22km/ltr.:thumb:

The best way to console a depressed girl: Offer your shoulder.

The best way to console a depressed guy: Suck Thumb la Brother.

1998 Suzuki GSX 400 Impulse - June'07 to ?

2001 Phantom TA200 - Aug'06 to June'07

wow... you must really gentle with your bike.. even at 21-22km/ltr.:thumb:

yes must sayang2 her :angel:

my bike the fc is very good, when i took over from the previous owner, he told me that his s4 has the best fc among his friends. I dunno what he did with the bike, but he wasn't lying :cheeky:

• 2 weeks later...

For those who wanna a class 2 bike with very good fuel comsumption, try the Royal Anfield 500cc single. These bikes with only 27 hp can get around 40km/l. Unless u can live with the slow pick up and the vintage design and forget about all the high tech.

FC depands on the design of the engine like nos of piston, capacity and the

way u ride your bike. There is no such bike with high power and good FC. My old zephyr 750 with 4 cyclinders and carberators can get 17 to 19km/l if I run it gently. Once I wack it hard in Malaysia, it can drop to 13 to 15km/l. A big single XBR 500 is more economical than a 4 cycliners super 4. A fuel injection engine can get better FC than the one with carbs because of higher efficiency.

Honda CBX250 single is very economical if u want something bigger than 200cc yet with good FC.

If u want a big bike than u have to be happy with FC around 15-20km/l or else stick to class 2b bike becos most of them can get more than 25km/l.

• 2 weeks later...
actually u wan power n speed fc sure high but actually cb250 is still quite gd althought it does not have much speed but 2 piston is better than u 1

And in case u dun know its aceleration is faster than RVF 400. :giddy: Nw thats a 2 piston monster n petrol saver at 800km/full tank of gas (ard 16L) .

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/904/ouroborossigcopyzr7.jpg

http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/9746/6sz78xmg3ww1.gif

• 1 year later...
im contemplating between s4 and drz. only difference is my pillion wont be so comfortable on a drz..anyone knows what is vtec 1 and 2 fc is?

my hyper vtec fc is about 22km/l +-.. lowest i got was 17+km/l (this was most probably due to transferring of fuel from 1 tank to another).. highest i got was about 24km/l.. i was changing gear at about 3-4k rpm, no sudden burst, gradual throttling, highway about 70% of the time, speed not exceeding 95km/h..

after this tank, i couldnt take it anymore.. switched back to my normal riding mode.. i hate changing gear at low rpm. haha..

hope this helps.

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

• 2 weeks later...
And in case u dun know its aceleration is faster than RVF 400. :giddy: Nw thats a 2 piston monster n petrol saver at 800km/full tank of gas (ard 16L) .

can a cbx250 really beat a rvf400? i doubt so, be it top speed or pick up. the torque difference is so much!

800km for 16Litres gives 50km/litre... unless u're going at 50kmph..

http://www.nea.gov.sg/cms/mss/gif/rainloc0.gif

"Riding a slow bike fast is always more fun than riding a fast bike slow."

• 3 weeks later...

CBX 250 Twister! The one of the best fc bike for 2A...And btw to those who reccomend vara 125 la, wave la...u people stupid sia, thread starter asking for Class 2A bike not 2B..stupid............sia

i know its a 2 yrs old thread, but when read some of those reply in this thread makes me wanted to scold the stupid stupid stupid! haha..bye

Please Please Ride Safely and Think of Others when You want to passby other Riders at fast Speed.....

my hyper vtec fc is about 22km/l +-.. lowest i got was 17+km/l (this was most probably due to transferring of fuel from 1 tank to another).. highest i got was about 24km/l.. i was changing gear at about 3-4k rpm, no sudden burst, gradual throttling, highway about 70% of the time, speed not exceeding 95km/h..

after this tank, i couldnt take it anymore.. switched back to my normal riding mode.. i hate changing gear at low rpm. haha..

hope this helps.

wow...i thot S4 is better. DRZ can get ard 29km/l....only thing is the tank is smaller than S4 ler....

"when you open your mind to the impossible, sometimes you find the truth........" - Walter Bishop

thumb-yamaha-semakin-di-depan.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

i would say cruisers had the best Fc.. maintance wise also cheaper..

dragster yamaha i would suggest

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

wow...i thot S4 is better. DRZ can get ard 29km/l....only thing is the tank is smaller than S4 ler....

s4 fc is not very good 1 lah.. i dunno why last time i read in forum pple say s4 fc good.. its fc is only slightly better than 400cc sportsbike, but lose out to most of the other bikes..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

best FC for 2a, get a drz:dozed:

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

s4 fc is not very good 1 lah.. i dunno why last time i read in forum pple say s4 fc good.. its fc is only slightly better than 400cc sportsbike, but lose out to most of the other bikes..

Actually quite true. S4 fuel consumption isnt great.

This may sound surprising but I tink the cbr400 has an amazing fuel consumption. I used to ride ZXR400 and GSXR400 and is always left dumbfounded by friends' cbr400 fuel consumption. You can see the difference when you go riding together up north. In addition the babyblade's engine is really bullet proof. Maybe due to its gear driven cam. S4's cam is chain-driven. Wait till it hit 10-15 years usage. This is when bikes with gear driven cam will show its durability compared to bikes with chain driven cam.

I got this from another thread.

I'm interested in CB400. But looks like the more advance the fuel consumption higher.

CB400 version S looks like very good FC but don't know the bike performance how? Can somebody comment. I thinking to get S4 but can't decide which version o_O

Class 2AHONDA:

Honda RVF - 20km/litre

Honda Helix 250 - 24-25km/litre (90km/hr+)

Honda Super4 CB400 Spec 2 - 25km/litre

Honda CBR400RRR - 26km/liter

Honda Steed - 24.5-28km/litre

Honda Foresight - 29-32km/litre

Honda Super 4 Vtec III - 19-23km/litre (19km/h if open vtec all the way)

Honda Super 4 REVO- 19-21km/Litre (10-20% open VTEC)

Honda Super 4 REVO- 16-17km/Litre (50% Open VTEC)

Honda XR400R supermoto - 22km/litre

Honda Hornet250 - 29km/litre (conservative)

Honda Super 4 Version S - 30-32km/litre

Honda Silverwing 400 European version - 24-25km/litre (90km/hr+ average)

Honda Night Hawk 250 - 45km/litre

Guest alxfoo

The figures abit out. Unless its a new bike condition or the rider nv hit above 80km/h. I am riding cbr400, my fc abt 22-23. Its consider good among my peers. I dunoe where u can find a cbr400 fc 26km/l or a S4 version S 30-32km/l.