SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For riders who missed this thread, I started a new thread for the meetup... in the same sub forum Hands On...

I realised that I need you guys to bring some stuffs for the DIY session. Else you might be there wasting time as you can start wotk! So please read what you need to bring along and see you guys on Saturday!

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

:cry: only 1 turned up for the DIY session... maybe too last min planning lah. :sweat: OR maybe the warning I posed has too high impact that it scare away all those interested...

Anyway, just like to state that the Oil Fling to the tyre and Brakes are very rare. During my testing phase I fully open my valves to see the effects of MAX flow... other then that I don;t think it will ever happen.

So Wildcard GSR6 :lovestruck: got the oiler fixed up for $2. :thumb:

Those interested can call me anytime, I will guide you along... :goodluck:

91-92: 84 Yam LC125

95-97: 88 Suz GSX400R & 88 GSX400FW

97-01: 95 Suz Bandit400

01-04: 96 Suz DR650SE

04-11: 99 Suz SV650S

05-05: 94 Suz DR200SE

06-16: 06 Kia Rio 1.4(M) Sedan

11-12: 02 BMW F650GS

12-16 01 BMW R1150GS

When- Burgman Tmax ??

Originally posted by Limsteel@Dec 10 2006, 10:38 AM

:cry: only 1 turned up for the DIY session... maybe too last min planning lah. :sweat: OR maybe the warning I posed has too high impact that it scare away all those interested...

Anyway, just like to state that the Oil Fling to the tyre and Brakes are very rare. During my testing phase I fully open my valves to see the effects of MAX flow... other then that I don;t think it will ever happen.

So Wildcard GSR6 :lovestruck: got the oiler fixed up for $2. :thumb:

Those interested can call me anytime, I will guide you along... :goodluck:

Thanks Limsteel.

Think for this DIY project, white plumber tape is your best fren. Got a slight leak from the middle of the hose where the chain gashed the hose. Luckily some white tape and some funny glue I found at my in-law's solved that.

I think the negative film bottle I'm using won't cut it. Its too soft when I try to poke the single side connector into it. Its leaking oil a bit all over my underseat carriage.

Will be going down to the marketplace to look for for a stronger bottle. Think does peel orange skin or dried frutis bottle will be thicker.

Right now, the drip works like a charm. Need to play around with the control valve to get a suitable drip rate....

Thanks again for the guidance yesterday...

was reading this interesting thread and found some info on the web.... not sure if it would help anyone.....

http://www.calamander.co.uk/images/scottoiler/hiw.gif

cheers

will contact u guys once i get my bike

adriel

I . L . T . N . N

me n alex has successfully control the flow of the chain oiler without the oil flingin to ur tire, brake disc or rim. No more leaking oil from ur valve. If u guys wan to get the valve, u guys can get it at yishun, the valve is nt cheap as it has a oil seal in valve so no worries of seein a pool of oil the next day when go to ur bike

25 Nov 2003 - 24 Nov 2004 (FS6087P) (NSR SP)

24 Nov 2004 - 28 Feb 2006 (FJ7457X & FJ*5**) (Hurricane & Vespa PX200)

01 Mar 2006 - 04 Jul 2006 (FS9367L, FJ7457X & FJ*5**)(CBR 919 RRW, Hurricane &Vespa PX200)

04 Jul 2006 - 13 Jun 2011 (FV8507R & FJ*5**)(Suzuki K2 & Vespa PX200)

13 Jun 2011 - Till Now (X1)

15 Jan 2013 - 10 Sept 2015 (FBG9588B)(GTR1400 2013)

how much does it cost??

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

can contact me at 98586224?? i wanna do it for s4

2005 aug - 2006 oct - Wave 125s FV4517M

2006 nov - 2007 jan - Super 4 Version s FP7529R

2007 jan - 2007 sept -spark 135 FBA3986G

2007 sep - 2010 apr - Honda XR400Sm FQ2901B

- Yamaha FZ150I

2010 apr - ????????? -Honda CB400 Spec I.III

-Yamaha FZ150I

i just fixed up an oiler using Limsteel method..

reservoir to on-off switch to regulator cum applicator..

i fixed this metal air pump(used to insert into soccer balls to pump one) to a metal fish shop valve, managed to screw it in then apply super glue around the threads to prevent leakage...

But! there is still leakage... at the on-off switch and the applicator even when i off the switch... how sia... any solutions?

[CENTER][IMG]http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t148/binkaz11/1_980549729l.jpg[/IMG] [I][B][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="3"][COLOR="DarkRed"]Wooo HoOOoOooooo~[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/I][/CENTER]

Originally posted by binkaz@Dec 17 2006, 12:38 AM

i just fixed up an oiler using Limsteel method..

reservoir to on-off switch to regulator cum applicator..

i fixed this metal air pump(used to insert into soccer balls to pump one) to a metal fish shop valve, managed to screw it in then apply super glue around the threads to prevent leakage...

But! there is still leakage... at the on-off switch and the applicator even when i off the switch... how sia... any solutions?

that y murphy posted b4 abt the valve we bought at yishun...

for the metal valve, u hav to dip abit of super glue to the thread ended side..

for some cases like murphy kena b4, is becos the turning part of the valve leak too..

the valve is plastic.. black color wif a orange knot/adjustor..

:cheeky:

http://img814.imageshack.us/img814/3549/penguin.jpg

2001~04---> NSR-150SP(FT43**H), RXK(FD41**)

2004~06--> CBR-400RRR(FN31**R), RXK

2006~07 ---> CBR929RRY(FS35**C), RXK

2007~10 --> CBR929RRY, Wave125R(FY74**P)

2010~Present -> CBR1000RR10(FBE56**T), Wave125R

Originally posted by Ah_pui@Dec 18 2006, 12:45 PM

which shop in yishun selling this oil leak proof on-off valve?

thanks

is located near north point..

i forget the block number..

onli noe how to go..

:cheeky:

can meet up at yishun to bring u go buy..

:smile:

Guest @h_püi™

Question:

how come sometime my oiler experience the oil flow back to the container?

for my case there is a on-off valve along the tube and the container...

Originally posted by Ah_pui@Dec 23 2006, 08:21 AM

Question:

how come sometime my oiler experience the oil flow back to the container?

for my case there is a on-off valve along the tube and the container...

maybe u did not pull the one way valve?

or the air leak into the hose..

:smile:

Hi guys, this is my first contribution to the DIY thread. attached are some pics of the sprocket applicator i came up with for my oiler. The setup consists of 1x Y plastic connector, and some shaped transparent rubber tubings held in place by an internal metal wiring.

i am personally using a squeeze bottle as an oil reservoir as well as a manual pump to supply the oil. This particular setup is a prototype used on my own bike, it is w/o any control of the oil flow except by tediously adjusting the screw on the tip of metal tube.

To address the oil flow issue, i used a metal aquarium valve on my friend's CBR900's setup in which allows control over the rate of oil dripping onto the sprocket. A squeeze bottle oil reservoir was also provided, but this particular setup allows the reservoir to be removed and stored elsewhere while maintaining a small reserve of oil in the tubing (convenient for those bikes w/o roomy underseat storage space).

The metal valve controls the rate of drip, but of course some simple trial and error is neccessary to determine how much to turn the valve in order to set the correct flow.

The oil in the tubing will not flow out in reverse due to gravity, unless the opening is upturned, in any case the valve will prevent any substantial backflow leakage.

attached is the interior view of the underseat setup on the CBR900.

This dual sprocket applicator was actually used on my previous s4. It may look filmsy cos of the cheap rubber tubing, but suprisingly it lasted an entire 1 yr w/o any problems and was still good when i sold my bike. It only requires the occasional adjustment when the applicator 'horns' start to stray from the sprocket.

the materials are cheap and easily available, it only requires some effort to put the whole thing together. not as fanciful as other commercial oiler but i find the occasional topup and maintenance tolerable, much easier (and cheaper) than the occasional manual brush-on/spray-on lubing.

Hope to share this with u all and also hopefully get some constructive feedback here. Thanx!

Guest @h_püi™
Originally posted by calyban@Dec 24 2006, 12:42 AM

a pic of the setup on a CBR900.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....post&id=3506162

hi bro, can i check where to get those green circle that make the metal rod more sercure to the bike frame that show in this pic? thanks

Questions: what if those bike need to tighten their chain every now and then like once a month? then the rear sprocket will be shift behind, then how about the applicator? will it be affected?

A correct way of mounting the applicator is it that it must touches the rear sprocket? or just direct/same alignment with the chain pin?

ah pui: haha, those green circles are actually just rubber washers, i asked for the usual black ones at the hardware store near my place and they gave me this instead.

for the tightening or even washing of chain, the cable ties can be pulled slightly to allow the enire metal frame holding the applicator to be shifted back and forth along the swingarm slowly. this allows the 'horn' applicator to be detached from the sprocket.

if not, the metal frame is always bendable, so u can always adjust the metal frame to point the applicator away from the sprocket.

in any case the chain adjustment can also be done without doing anything to the whole setup, cos the only point of contact is the 'horn' applicator on the sprocket. after the chain adjustment, u just need to reposition the applicator can liao.

yah, like i said above, the 'horn' applicator is meant to touch the sprocket. the oil will flow onto the sprocket and fling onto the chain when the bike is moving. There is less of outward flinging compared to those dripper types cos the oilflow is clinging on to the sprocket, hence less affected by wind turbulence. but of course still will have flinging if the oilflow rate is set too high.