SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

any news recently about a newer version of cb400 being made? just curiousss...

double swipe = battery issues right? hmmmmmm.7

Tentatively yes but some riders are encountering it even after changing a new battery.

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/blade_trinity21/EditedRevo2.jpg

Tentatively yes but some riders are encountering it even after changing a new battery.

last month i changed my coil, rectifier and battery due to faulty coil which is overcharging my batt (spoilt 2 of them), surprisingly till now i have not yet encountered the double swipe during startup, btw i seldom ride it, just once a week warming up.

so ah chiong advice me to change my radiator cap.

ur old radiator cap seal is damaged thus leakage, u can also consider changing to those silicon seal type radiator cap which is available from unique motors.

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

Wow, i consider myself lucky... ride three years then got problem. hahah.

anyway i have this problem, at top gear when i rush the throttle, bike jerks. i wonder why,

any idea?

To have a normal life, you work for what you need.

To have a great life, you work for what you want.

The million dollar question is despite all the problems. Is revo still worth the ride?

Why not?

Consider the fact it is newer, more responsive and smoother ride.

Take into fact you buying a carb S4 which is been abused for dunno how many yrs, worst still wifout proper care.

The money u need to set aside for wear & tears etc...........

My friend refused to heed my advice, complaining he has a tight budget, bought a spec3(4yrs bike) + (wear & tear within a yr) is equivalent to a new Revo considering the deprication & jacked-up price of carb S4.

You do the calcualations :)

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Why not?

Consider the fact it is newer, more responsive and smoother ride.

Take into fact you buying a carb S4 which is been abused for dunno how many yrs, worst still wifout proper care.

The money u need to set aside for wear & tears etc...........

My friend refused to heed my advice, complaining he has a tight budget, bought a spec3(4yrs bike) + (wear & tear within a yr) is equivalent to a new Revo considering the deprication & jacked-up price of carb S4.

You do the calcualations :)

alright. actually i duno whats the point of me asking, maybe i got my lesson for jumping into buying a pulsar only to find out after half a year, many things start spoiling and the ride is not satisfactory to me at all! guess i just want to make sure about a revo before jumping in to buying one. =) i guess a bike is bound to have problems now and then, no matter how much care u put into it. machines go through wear and tear i suppose! hope i get a good condition one!

If i buy a new bike, are there anything to look out for? how do i know whether the battery has been charged properly?

The newest bike in the market is the 2nd generation revo am i right? If so, hasnt it been lying around in the shop for a long time already? maybe 1 year+?

hey sparkers, can u help me change my username? =P

aiiyyoooo... headace headace.... reading all the reviews of revo seems tat 1st hand and 2nd hand revo have a lot of problem liao..... how? how? how? advise pls... coz i have 1 mth to think out it weather to get it or not....

all e best bro. im also caught in the middle. hahaha.

but actually i think all machines have problem, but one questions i wanna ask the guys here.

why not repair ur bike at other motortiam outside? why insists on going to boonsiew? is boonsiew the only place where u could fix up ur bike?

If i buy a new bike, are there anything to look out for? how do i know whether the battery has been charged properly?

The newest bike in the market is the 2nd generation revo am i right? If so, hasnt it been lying around in the shop for a long time already? maybe 1 year+?

things to look out for is the same as buying other new bikes. bike price, interest rate, coe, terms & conditions etc

u can specify the bike shop to charge the battery prior to installation.

bike shop will continue to bring in new bikes, doesnt mean S4 revo available from 2008, it sits at the shop since then till now, u get wat i mean? Doesnt matter which generation, the newer stock keep coming in!!!

gosh:dozed:

aiiyyoooo... headace headace.... reading all the reviews of revo seems tat 1st hand and 2nd hand revo have a lot of problem liao..... how? how? how? advise pls.......

pls read the revo FAQ link under my signature.

read the Revo thread for further info.

We Revo riders surfaced these problems cos we are willing to share, how u know other bikes have no problems?

why not repair ur bike at other motortiam outside? why insists on going to boonsiew? is boonsiew the only place where u could fix up ur bike?

All bikes due to usage, experience wear & tear as u mentioned.

when did anyone insist anything? Some riders go to boon siew as they prefer tat as it is the agent and distributor of Honda.

For me, i go to unique motors. They nv let me down before :thumb:

Hi Ramsnake, my bike has been warded in Boon Siew since 22/02/2012. They say earliest will be next week. Honestly I find tat servicing side not tat efficent. When i send in the bike, they told me warranty is void. Becos there is no boon siew stamp on the warranty card. Give me crap! U shld ask ur side y didnt u all stamp on the warranty card before giving to bike shop. Somemore want to take up the issue wif bike shop as to why there is no boon siew stamp. What a joke.. U issue to ppl w/o boon siew stamp and then now want to ask ppl y no boon siew stamp.

Anyway hope tat they can rectify quickly without further hassle

Updates - collected bike on last mon and they informed they cannot detect any fault. So far no issues this 2 days

Class 2B - 1995

Class 2A - 1999

Class 2 - 2000

Class 3 - 1998

Class 4 - 2002

Class 5 - 2003

hey there.

my s4 is starting to gimme probs. I NEEDA HELP!!!

1- i'm having those very loud 'thud' sounds when changing gears even though i just changed the chain and spockets.

2- when i turned ON my bike, the idling RPM is so low thats its like less than 1.5RPM.

3- i'm have this backfire when i turned ON my bike. but not often.

FYI, i just changed the coolant, EO and SP 6,000km ago. -__________-

appreciate it if someone can help. PLEASE.

hey there.

1- i'm having those very loud 'thud' sounds when changing gears even though i just changed the chain and spockets.

2- when i turned ON my bike, the idling RPM is so low thats its like less than 1.5RPM.

1. If you ride your bike daily chances are your EO changes will be frequent. When your gear changes are not smooth and with noise indicates that it's time for an oil change. There are other factors as well. E.g if your chain is too tight too loose. I used to ride a gsxr400 and I change my EO every 5000km.

2 & 3. Most probably you have to send your bike for tuning.

Hope this helps.

hey there.

I really cannot find a chain driven bike when you chain gear, there isn't any sound. Loud or not, It's normal if you've upgraded from a smaller bike to revo.

By default idling RPM is 1.4k. How low is yours? Have you installed any "funny" electronics on your bike?

Not sure why you're having this problem when you turn on your bike. Maybe others can help you

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m206/blade_trinity21/EditedRevo2.jpg

i just had a chat with a friendly bro from SBF while selling some stuff to him.

He mentioned that REVO has a lower horsepower compared to other specs and is therefore less powerful.

true?

care to PM me who is the fellow? where he get his facts from?

True or not pls read from Revo FAQ, I stated clearly with reference from Racewerk.

I think revo pick up very fast and smooth=) i was overtake other spec easily..lol

bro u got typo error?

Haha. Icic. Guess rumors are just rumors then

Guess that some guys wif limited knowledge just like to keep running their mouth.

If there are doubts, always question :thumb:

But revo f/c is not as good as other spec . true ?

it is partially true, Revo travelling at constant cruising speed can have better FC.