SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] What's bugging you now?

Raptor

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got jio by friend, to work the Formula One Night Race.

One night S$500/-

Need to take various Annual Leave to attend training. Still contemplating...I really hate to be in Singapore during September.

night race? sprint or marathon? $500 is good money either way!

Liverpool revival has started....

One night S$500/-

Need to take various Annual Leave to attend training. Still contemplating...I really hate to be in Singapore during September.

I've seen the training schedule before. Quite long throughout the year. After all, you'll be part of the safety crew..

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

New rider here... have been lurking around for some time especially after i enrolled in bbdc. hopefully will pass TP soon and am looking at bikes now. Can anyone explain why is there such a huge price difference between the 2 stroke and 4 stroke bikes now? i see NSR 150/krr150 for ~$3k for about 6 years of COE left whereas 4 strokes such as FZ16/cbr150 going for approx $1k per year of COE left.

I know 2 stroke need 2T oil, fuel consumption more, can kena LTA summon for white smoke(?), inspection harder to pass(?), maintenance might be required more often. but can all the seniors here tell me if the expenses for the 2 stroke will add up more than the price difference now(almost 2 times the price!)?

of course having easier maintenance sounds good to me especially since i'm a girl and very troublesome for me to run to workshop often but the costs matters quite a bit too.

thank you thank you all in advance! :cheers:

New rider here... have been lurking around for some time especially after i enrolled in bbdc. hopefully will pass TP soon and am looking at bikes now. Can anyone explain why is there such a huge price difference between the 2 stroke and 4 stroke bikes now? i see NSR 150/krr150 for ~$3k for about 6 years of COE left whereas 4 strokes such as FZ16/cbr150 going for approx $1k per year of COE left.

I know 2 stroke need 2T oil, fuel consumption more, can kena LTA summon for white smoke(?), inspection harder to pass(?), maintenance might be required more often. but can all the seniors here tell me if the expenses for the 2 stroke will add up more than the price difference now(almost 2 times the price!)?

of course having easier maintenance sounds good to me especially since i'm a girl and very troublesome for me to run to workshop often but the costs matters quite a bit too.

As u might notice, 2T stroke bikes r getting obsolete soon, so bikes like that definitely harder to find parts n workshop to service. Market for 2 stroke bikes has shrink a lot, therefore selling price has to b low

Maintenance wise, 4 stroke bikes r generally easier n cheaper to maintain like u mentioned

If u do buy 2 stroke bike, do try to neg further down cos not much buyers for these bikes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

LTA is not the one to fine you for white smoke. It is NEA. As long got white smoke be it a lot or not then just wait for letter from NEA. However 2 strokes are fun to ride. ;)

Lastly you really are a girl rider? Shall say this before someone says it. NPNT. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Sadly, 2 stroke bikes are in the midst of slowly being phased out globally. If anyone still owns one, TREASURE IT.

If not for the theft of my 125zr, it would exclusively be ridden on special occasions and weekends. Haizz.. Miss that bike.

+1 --> 2 stroke machines are fun to ride!

That smell of 2t smoke.. That high pitch very distinctive buzzing 125z sound coming out from your stock exhaust.. (drooling mode..)

I felt that I was more of a discipline bike owner in terms of servicing and maintenance while that 2stroke was still around. Less of a headache if you own 4stroke machines.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

As u might notice, 2T stroke bikes r getting obsolete soon, so bikes like that definitely harder to find parts n workshop to service. Market for 2 stroke bikes has shrink a lot, therefore selling price has to b low

Maintenance wise, 4 stroke bikes r generally easier n cheaper to maintain like u mentioned

If u do buy 2 stroke bike, do try to neg further down cos not much buyers for these bikes

I see. Thank you all for your input! I have to see how the market is like again when I passed my TP.

So far now I'm leaning towards 4 strokes cause I'm really scared of the bike failing on my on the road :eek: even though 2 strokes are really cheap and you all make it sounds so fun. Although I doubt I'll be riding fast.

In bbdc instructors always say I ride too slow. Haha Will riding too slow spoil 2 stroke bikes cause its not riding in its powerband? :confused:

I see. Thank you all for your input! I have to see how the market is like again when I passed my TP.

So far now I'm leaning towards 4 strokes cause I'm really scared of the bike failing on my on the road :eek: even though 2 strokes are really cheap and you all make it sounds so fun. Although I doubt I'll be riding fast.

In bbdc instructors always say I ride too slow. Haha Will riding too slow spoil 2 stroke bikes cause its not riding in its powerband? :confused:

Riding too slow too much carbon built up and not good for the bike. Especially with 2 strokes and 2T. It will also endanger you. My advice is to keep up with the speed of the vehicles around you. You neither want to be road hogging or too fast seeing that alot of speed cameras are being installed all over the island and not forgetting the mobile ones too. However ride within your capabilities. Always be aware of your surroundings and take it that drivers are blind. You may be wearing bright clothing and have bright lights but these drivers will still be 'blind' to your presence. Till then good luck for your TP. (Still no picture? :lol:) :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

2 stroke more "fun" for guys cos is noisy, we like to rev the engine before changing gears. For girls, probably stick to 4 stroke for quieter experience.

Both 2 n 4 stroke bike r almost identical except that 2 stroke needs to top up 2T n when doing servicing, need to change 4T. More things to take care of for 2 stroke

My advise is just get a 4 stroke bike, less headache n higher value, easier to sell in future

I doubt there is any proof that can say riding slow will spoil the bike but I can share that riding slow on the real road can sometimes b dangerous

Just take it a step at a time

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

Went for 7 days of SEA Games Volunteering.

Midway, ganna flu, fever, itchy throat and horrible racking wet cough and very sleep disrupted.

The flu is still bugging me, despite 3litres of ginger boiled water, lemons and plenty of water enough to drown this fat cat.

Never really ganna this sick when I was riding. Even if ganna rained on, will not be so weak.....

:cool:

Degeneration for a year, now slip disc.

muscle pain at my left torso these few days, shoulder blade and heart area.

no mood to do anything..

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

One night S$500/-

Did the employer ask you, and all other applicants to pay $40 first as a registration fee? :lol:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v161/DeusXMachina/Lean2a.jpg

Too many hypocrites around. One moment say this then next moment when quoted deny saying it so as to appear 'innocent'. :cool:

KRGT-1

Went for 7 days of SEA Games Volunteering.

Midway, ganna flu, fever, itchy throat and horrible racking wet cough and very sleep disrupted.

The flu is still bugging me, despite 3litres of ginger boiled water, lemons and plenty of water enough to drown this fat cat.

Never really ganna this sick when I was riding. Even if ganna rained on, will not be so weak.....

i am also feeling such Kitty. Not sure if its age or the modern bugs nowaday have evolved . body aches and cough linger for weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
i am also feeling such Kitty. Not sure if its age or the modern bugs nowaday have evolved . body aches and cough linger for weeks.

Yah man, and I choose to go out operational on the grounds (in this instance, its the sea) At this kinda age, seasickness should be worse.

So now, I am replanning my diet, as well as medication.

Am planning a bus trip to JB, do up my MACs as well as buy bulkload of Lopramine to prep for not so maiden trips out to sea.

Mummy just WhatsApp me to invite me to spend time with her at her home. Apparently because my baby brother is going to Japan holidaying for a week.

I just keep quiet. Don't even want to answer her. She knows very well I no longer wish any more contact with the younger siblings.

Where its okay for them to call me a sister when they need me. And then kick me off with accusations when they need to rid of me but still want to keep me under their thumbs because I 'owe' them.

In Buddhist cycle, its strangely said that we children and parents are karma. Husband and wife are also karma in somewhat lessor degree. But not siblings.

Took me only recently to know that. And much as I owe my parents, so does the rest of the siblings.

So I am keeping quiet. Until my brother is dead and unable. I have no right to his bed in her home. Let's not kid ourselves to think my mother really crave my company. She obviously never informed him of her cataract operation for fear of him worrying. And he had happily planned his trip.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk