SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] What's bugging you now?

Raptor

wow. VK, perhaps then you can ask your mom to stay with instead?

family problem aside. you really got 4 and 5 licence. boats and taxis too?? so those fixed and rotary wings licence are for real plane or remote ones?

• Replies 8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Having these type of drivers on the road. Stay cautious. :cool:

Click here.

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

REMIND me of my scary incidence which i post here. nothing happened what the driver said. i would be in worse condition as that young man. i hope police will do something

The attitude of some pedestrians. Already jaywalking and still can give 'the finger' when being horned at. The horn was given to make them aware of the possibility they might be run down. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

The attitude of some pedestrians. Already jaywalking and still can give 'the finger' when being horned at. The horn was given to make them aware of the possibility they might be run down. :cool:

They really think flesh is harder than steel. Got some funny experience that is not convenient to be shared here but it ended up quite painful for him and funny for me..

Ride fast..ride safe..don't crash...

I think u mistaken, horn is given to prevent an accident, not to make known your existence. I know it sound contradicting but I cannot find better words to describe it.

Although I do horn at pedestrian occasionally but most of the time I just let them pass. Do not be mistaken, I m not against u. I know sometimes is quite frustrating driving on the road, not to mention that I ride a bike, that makes me more frustrated than drivers themselves.

If we ride a small bikes on the road, most of the time the drivers will push us away, ignoring our very existence, do remember that we paid for road tax too. We ride between the lanes, we are exposing ourselves to multiple dangers but does not mean drivers can overtake into our lane, pushing us to next lane or in between lanes. I know most of the riders especially msian can ride dangerously, in n out lanes but that does not mean every riders will do that. At times, I was riding in a lane comfortably but drivers again ignore the fact that we are there, in split seconds, they switched on signal n overtake at the same time. Why are we punished for obeying the laws? Drivers on the road, please show some respects for riders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

They really think flesh is harder than steel. Got some funny experience that is not convenient to be shared here but it ended up quite painful for him and funny for me..
Got a painful experienced of a jaywalker standing among the centre metal road barrier/railings and suddenly crossing the road at about 2+ in the morning. I was only about 3m away from him. Had to apply super hard braking and swerved to avoid collision. Painful experience. Got up but the fellow run off already. :rolleyes:

I think u mistaken, horn is given to prevent an accident, not to make known your existence. I know it sound contradicting but I cannot find better words to describe it.

Although I do horn at pedestrian occasionally but most of the time I just let them pass. Do not be mistaken, I m not against u. I know sometimes is quite frustrating driving on the road, not to mention that I ride a bike, that makes me more frustrated than drivers themselves.

If we ride a small bikes on the road, most of the time the drivers will push us away, ignoring our very existence, do remember that we paid for road tax too. We ride between the lanes, we are exposing ourselves to multiple dangers but does not mean drivers can overtake into our lane, pushing us to next lane or in between lanes. I know most of the riders especially msian can ride dangerously, in n out lanes but that does not mean every riders will do that. At times, I was riding in a lane comfortably but drivers again ignore the fact that we are there, in split seconds, they switched on signal n overtake at the same time. Why are we punished for obeying the laws? Drivers on the road, please show some respects for riders

Mistaken? Horn to create awareness to avoid accident. If both not aware accident surely happen. If only one is aware and the other is in his/her own world also high chance accident will happen. If both are aware of coz it can be prevented. Perhaps I should have elaborated further. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

always give way la... everyone will be happier. riding and driving 22 years, never once use my horn.

Is there an award for not using the horn for the longest duration? Or did you already received it? :rolleyes:

22years? Sorry I new rider not as experienced as you. Can show me how to stop safely and avoid a jaywalker who is about 2 metres from you and still crossing in your path? Please enlighten me and show me the ropes. Thank you. :cool:

Edited by duo

KRGT-1

My thoughts on using the horn.

"If you had time to horn, you had the time to react." -Mister CrazyDj

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Hence why I horn after reacting. The horn is pretty useless in preventing an accident, better as a tool to let everyone know you're there.

Kind of sick of the 'I pay road tax, you don't, get off the road' excuse. Cyclists are human too, right of way belongs to all but would you swerve in front of a dump truck?

Hence why you ride defensively, to stupid drivers it seems aggressive but really, if I see some idiot who can't stay center of his lane or dunno how to signal. I'd stay away, preferably ahead.

Kind of sick of the 'I pay road tax, you don't, get off the road' excuse. Cyclists are human too, right of way belongs to all but would you swerve in front of a dump truck?

Hence why you ride defensively, to stupid drivers it seems aggressive but really, if I see some idiot who can't stay center of his lane or dunno how to signal. I'd stay away, preferably ahead.

Don't really understand what you meant

Not sure you are speaking for cyclist or biker or driver or just some random comments

Yamaha TZR > Kawasaki KIPS >> Suzuki GSX-K >>> Honda NSR >>>> Yamaha RX-Z >>>>> Honda CB400 Ver S >>>>>> Kymco X400i

The reaction is tapping the horn and braking to slow down. Its something acquired after riding for sometime. But not for 22 years. Ride for 22 years can safely brake to avoid or even give way to jaywalkers that are about 2m from you. :cool:

KRGT-1

I believe that Horn is installed on all vehicles primarily (as we all know) to make your presence known to other road users and pedestrians alike in order to prevent an accident. So both points are valid.

Anyone has the right to use it especially when riding 'defensively' and/or anticipating a likely misfortune bound to happen.

Sadly in Singapore, most motorists, if not all, take it in a negative way most of the time when the Horn is used against them. It is like an auto respond; the soul filled with rage, getting ready for a staring competition or hand suddenly feels light to be lifted up to show their longest finger..

What is so hard to just accept a mistake and say "Yup. Sorry yes my fault." or "Hey thanks for saving me from a lot of trouble if that happens." with a simple apologetic hand gesture and a smile?

I would Horn all day if I have to just to ensure a safe journey on the road for everyone.

You get my point.

Yes. This is what's bugging me.

Yamaha.Yamaha.Yamaha

I believe that Horn is installed on all vehicles primarily (as we all know) to make your presence known to other road users and pedestrians alike in order to prevent an accident. So both points are valid.

Anyone has the right to use it especially when riding 'defensively' and/or anticipating a likely misfortune bound to happen.

Sadly in Singapore, most motorists, if not all, take it in a negative way most of the time when the Horn is used against them. It is like an auto respond; the soul filled with rage, getting ready for a staring competition or hand suddenly feels light to be lifted up to show their longest finger..

What is so hard to just accept a mistake and say "Yup. Sorry yes my fault." or "Hey thanks for saving me from a lot of trouble if that happens." with a simple apologetic hand gesture and a smile?

I would Horn all day if I have to just to ensure a safe journey on the road for everyone.

You get my point.

Yes. This is what's bugging me.

Because in Singapore majority feel like they are always right. Just look at the videos from on board cams. Drivers never feel its wrong to just stop in thr middle of an expressway/road. Remember years ago about the case of a lady rider flung off her bike because the driver in front stopped suddenly just to put cashcard into his IU. The driver does not see what wrong he has done. :cool:

KRGT-1