SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Durian Plantation Ride 2008 (Open To All Classes Of Bikes)

alvin80

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for the experience today... it was really something very different from the ones I've had. Kudos to the organizers for doing all that they could to make this trip a success. I understand that it is not easy at all to bring together almost 100 different bikes with different capacities and make them ride together for 140km. And it sure as hell is difficult to ride in such a big convoy where I know almost nobody safe for Xgrind and Quizesilver. Not knowing most of the people you're riding with made anticipating their actions tricky to say the least. Try going at Malaysian Highway speed, cruising along happily, enjoying the ride.Traffic was clear, road was open and you can see for miles ahead. It is all so relaxing and then suddenly realise that I'm almost at the rear wheel of the bike in front. Oh, the rider in front simply shut the throttle and was gesticulating to the pillion about some scenery in the distance.:slapforehead: Its not a case of faulty brakes, I saw the same bike's brake light lighted up on other occasions. But whats important was that the convoy reached the Durian plantation safely. Quite an exciting ride I must say. I must be on my toes at all times. Its almost like I'm at the tracks, no time for sight seeing, just watching the bikes in front with rabid attention and preparing myself for bikes overtaking me from the right, and left.

A couple other near misses too which I told the organizer at the first rest point so I'm not gonna mention it here. I'm hopeful that they would take the points I had and try to make things even better for future trips.

Please go to my flickr page here for some of the pictures my wife and I took today.

See you guys around.

Nice to have ridden with all you guys, good job to all whom have made this trip happened ... To those who knows the injured rider pls update us on how he's doing ... maybe drop by to look look see seee ( I Still have a whole sack of durian to share) hehe.

I'm Inactive >>> :sleep:

I believe he muz be fine.

All riders pls ride safe whenever u go.It hurts to noe someone had an accident.

â¤pR|nCesS wH|t3`â„¢ & Ah M|nn Of Dare To R|de Alone's Ah Fam|ly.â¤

â¥çˆ±æ•å…¬ä¸»çš„一切。

ღ| pray for all b|kers' safety.ღ

www.rainbow-ants.blogspot.com

Thanks for the effort to organise this trip..

It's the first massive bike gathering since I last joined one like 8 years back (with Storm-Riders)... and saw the massive efforts from the organisers to make this outing a safe and enjoyable one.

I concur with AKG with regards on certain aspects we had encountered during the trip (I was riding behind him so I basically sees what he saw :D) and certainly with some improvements, future outings will be much safer and more enjoyable.

I saw some of the riders are riding without a proper protective jacket during the trip. I believe some are first-timers so I urged those riders who are going to trips of such distance to ride safe, but make it safer with proper gears :) Just my thoughts :)

Nevertheless, it's a great trip with a bike group of such scale.

And yeah, the heavy downpour with only 5m visibility is a biatch to deal with :D

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2254/yamahafz1slomobw.jpg

xgrind.blogspot.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/xgrind/marcusakaflowers-1.jpg

Hi everyone, hope everybody enjoyed today's outing. I would like to Thank everyone that participate in today's outing to make it a successful one. Hope everyone can continue to support SBF future outings.

I would also like to Thanks all the working crew who helped out in today's outing.

The guy who met with an accident, hope he recover soon.

Its been a long day ride, rest well. See you guys soon.

http://i211.photobucket.com/albums/bb103/g-max1881/2009tmax500.jpg

"ALWAYS SAFETY FIRST"

"RIDE SAFE & SMART"

HP - 9645 7667 (Alvin)

Oh, and here's some shots (only a few) I took with my phone camera, so pardon me for the poor quality photos :)

here

And our actual route captured on the map

http://sportstracker.nokia.com/nts/workoutdetail/index.do?id=294636

http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/2254/yamahafz1slomobw.jpg

xgrind.blogspot.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v435/xgrind/marcusakaflowers-1.jpg

Hi everyone, hope everybody enjoyed today's outing. I would like to Thank everyone that participate in today's outing to make it a successful one. Hope everyone can continue to support SBF future outings.

I would also like to Thanks all the working crew who helped out in today's outing.

Thanks G-max_scoot for organizing, and everyone else who helped make this trip a very enjoyable one. :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Pulsar UG3 (Mar 07 -> 21 Jan 2009)

S4 Ver S. (Scrapped May 2010)

S4 Revo (05 Aug 2010 -> current)

i had left u all to spore after the last and final pump and never join the a&W fast food. i heard u all say one of our fellow s4 had an accident. AI yo, y it happen to us . suppose to be a happy durain trip de then end up bi ke crash plus now hospital , hiaz.. can only blame the heavy rain. I a bit regret never join u all fast food cos i solo rider home . scare cannot make it to spore cos dont noe the route too well just keep on looking at the sign TUAS exit haha, plus tat moment rain very the heavy , hit until my hand and face pain pain. , Plus my durian some spill onto my box when i pumping my last petrol at the GPESSO cos not close tightly . I tink due to the vibration of the box tat y the durain box open . Just had a good wash of my bike and box just now ,now whole body very aching due to bend too low to avoid rain le . nevertheless it was a very experiencing touring for me with u all guys. THUMB UP :cheer:

Last but not least i really hope he alrite, does he have any pillion ah??

Some time ago the sign was "JURONG" not "TUAS", luckily they change to tuas, if not some will be confused.

Pulsar UG3 (Mar 07 -> 21 Jan 2009)

S4 Ver S. (Scrapped May 2010)

S4 Revo (05 Aug 2010 -> current)

bro thks for the organsing such a nice trip. too bad can't follow u guys back in a convoy hav to rush back alone for work.

hope the bro who hav accident get well fast. btw i never see any accident when i'm on the way back.

thank u crews for the fantastic trip! it was phenomenal. also thanks to a few bros who stopped to check out my bike prob, which in the the end turned out to be the cause of an empty tank... luckily still got reserve.

xgrind is right about the gears. before the meetup i was at the stables... which explains the weird attire. so if u guys see me in funny tight pants and kinky long boots, it's not because i'm gay ok haha.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9907/albumpicvr3.jpg

Firstly, wish the S4 bro speedy recovery.

Errr...where is the Photo??

:)

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

thank u crews for the fantastic trip! it was phenomenal. also thanks to a few bros who stopped to check out my bike prob, which in the the end turned out to be the cause of an empty tank... luckily still got reserve.

xgrind is right about the gears. before the meetup i was at the stables... which explains the weird attire. so if u guys see me in funny tight pants and kinky long boots, it's not because i'm gay ok haha.

Whahaaha ... so you are Mr. Jockey... and thats why you suddenly stop one side right...? Anyways nice meeting you. :)

Some time ago the sign was "JURONG" not "TUAS", luckily they change to tuas, if not some will be confused.

Lucky they change to TUAS if not i sure very confused de, got johor and tuas exit but i choose tuas although cost me 70ct by cashcard , i scare johor custom jam. AS i leave early ,never join the A&W, it was not jam at all at the spore custom i like the 10th bike queueing to get my passport scanned.

I was wondering the convoy got jam up at the spore custom a not when returning spore?[/

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n62/anric79/5073085f-2c95-4b2c-937d-c905dcca4fdb.jpg

a very big thank you to the organizer and officials involved. very nicely planned and executed. i like these kind of big rides.. should have them more often. kudos guys.

to sidetrack abit, i felt that the convoy rules weren't really followed. its like everybody just went at wad speed they liked and not caring about others in the convoy. in that case why ride in a group then? it would be safer to just name the meetup points and OTOT ride there. its not a nice feeling to follow convoy rules and have people overtaking you at high speed in the same lane. the very least is to overtake in the next lane if you need your thrill for speed.

i'm sorry if i offended anyone but im jus speaking my mind. its jus feedback. i really had fun talking to some of you guys and the ride itself. rain was crap but the savoury durians made up for it a whole lot. looking forward to the next one.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7100/vfrsiggy.jpg