SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Durian Plantation Ride 2008 (Open To All Classes Of Bikes)

alvin80

anybody please tell me if i ride like crap! would like to know what i'm doing wrong. :cheers:

a very big thank you to the organizer and officials involved. very nicely planned and executed. i like these kind of big rides.. should have them more often. kudos guys.

to sidetrack abit, i felt that the convoy rules weren't really followed. its like everybody just went at wad speed they liked and not caring about others in the convoy. in that case why ride in a group then? it would be safer to just name the meetup points and OTOT ride there. its not a nice feeling to follow convoy rules and have people overtaking you at high speed in the same lane. the very least is to overtake in the next lane if you need your thrill for speed.

i'm sorry if i offended anyone but im jus speaking my mind. its jus feedback. i really had fun talking to some of you guys and the ride itself. rain was crap but the savoury durians made up for it a whole lot. looking forward to the next one.

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9907/albumpicvr3.jpg

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

a very big thank you to the organizer and officials involved. very nicely planned and executed. i like these kind of big rides.. should have them more often. kudos guys.

to sidetrack abit, i felt that the convoy rules weren't really followed. its like everybody just went at wad speed they liked and not caring about others in the convoy. in that case why ride in a group then? it would be safer to just name the meetup points and OTOT ride there. its not a nice feeling to follow convoy rules and have people overtaking you at high speed in the same lane. the very least is to overtake in the next lane if you need your thrill for speed.

i'm sorry if i offended anyone but im jus speaking my mind. its jus feedback. i really had fun talking to some of you guys and the ride itself. rain was crap but the savoury durians made up for it a whole lot. looking forward to the next one.

Thankyou for the feedbacks,

Bro regarding the convoy i believe we wanted to have it in a convoy but as 2a and 2 all have very different comfortable travelling speed... dats y the very first plan before machap petrol stop was pushing all the 400cc bikes to the front behind the lead bike following by the bigger cc bikes as in a big convoy for the behind bikes to close up, they need to speed up quite alot... as infront might be travelling at 110km/hr but in the midst of the convoy if 1 of the bike lag for quite a distance den sudden pick up and close up the gap by the time the last time to close up the gap in the convoy he might need to travel nearing 200... so we are thinking if its a 400cc he might have prob doing that... but the 2nd portion after the machap towards Pagoh, we change the style into 2 convoy... where faster bikes go ahead and slower bikes travel at their comfortable zone... of cos we have a last bike behind to ensure no bikes are left behind but due to limited helpers so i can only go up to the front to mark for those broken convoy after i confirm there is someone i know who can look after the small groups behind...

http://www.mototriti.gr/jpg/mtr/390/NEWS/1809093.jpg

after outing .. i park my bike at woodland dr 70 BLK 709-A MSCP at 2100hrs .. at 2330hrs ..

my bike was burn down .. total 9 bikes n two cars was burn .. till now i still donno what happen .. poilce din even call me .. wtf poilce is doing .. at less let me know .. i have 2 call them n ask if i can remove my bike . im riding Z1 .. my beloved bike has gone .. GUYS BE CAREFUL WHERE U PARK UR BIKE

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h307/shelyn_suyee/Dear%20and%20Me/mybike.jpg

Thankyou for the feedbacks,

Bro regarding the convoy i believe we wanted to have it in a convoy but as 2a and 2 all have very different comfortable travelling speed... dats y the very first plan before machap petrol stop was pushing all the 400cc bikes to the front behind the lead bike following by the bigger cc bikes as in a big convoy for the behind bikes to close up, they need to speed up quite alot... as infront might be travelling at 110km/hr but in the midst of the convoy if 1 of the bike lag for quite a distance den sudden pick up and close up the gap by the time the last time to close up the gap in the convoy he might need to travel nearing 200... so we are thinking if its a 400cc he might have prob doing that... but the 2nd portion after the machap towards Pagoh, we change the style into 2 convoy... where faster bikes go ahead and slower bikes travel at their comfortable zone... of cos we have a last bike behind to ensure no bikes are left behind but due to limited helpers so i can only go up to the front to mark for those broken convoy after i confirm there is someone i know who can look after the small groups behind...

bro don't worry! you guys did gr8. i would say its impressive that you manage to handle the huge number of bikes. i'd say the 2nd portion was jus nice. going at our own comfortable speeds. its jus something to improve on for the next trip. cheers.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7100/vfrsiggy.jpg

after outing .. i park my bike at woodland dr 70 BLK 709-A MSCP at 2100hrs .. at 2330hrs ..

my bike was burn down .. total 9 bikes n two cars was burn .. till now i still donno what happen .. poilce din even call me .. wtf poilce is doing .. at less let me know .. i have 2 call them n ask if i can remove my bike . im riding Z1 .. my beloved bike has gone .. GUYS BE CAREFUL WHERE U PARK UR BIKE

f*ck man! angers me to hear that! really sorry to hear that bro. cos i stay in woodlands as well. please tell me that ur on 2nd party at least.

http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/7100/vfrsiggy.jpg

bro don't worry! you guys did gr8. i would say its impressive that you manage to handle the huge number of bikes. i'd say the 2nd portion was jus nice. going at our own comfortable speeds. its jus something to improve on for the next trip. cheers.

hi bro dinie,

do accept our apology on the managing. glad that the 2nd part of the convory went nice for most.

cheers

http://images.quizesilver.multiply.com/image/8/photos/19/500x500/1/Picture3.jpg?et=pp72A3vHiyWV%2B1gmEDuh4g&nmid=137248738

bro sorry to hear dat... u were the guy with me at the machap petrol kiosk for a smk before we head over to the taman U right? seems like those itchy hand bois are back in action.. hope u can get more infos on how u can settle ur bike... hope its not gonna take too long before u can get your bike claimed... darn those @#$%^ dun understand wats in the brain of those ppl...

Hi all

Just to clarify some details.

Do be informed and updated that after the photo-taking at the plantation as announced, bro ranzl (s4) and some other riders had chosen to leave on his own back back to sg. He was not with the return trip convoy. Both convoys made it slow and safely back to Taman U A&W, thanks to the sporadic downpour along NSE.

By the time our Grp 2 convoy (1st grp to move off after south-bouth pagoh esso) hit his location, his bike was already on the towing truck making way to Sg Renggam police station. Our convoy marshall checked and was informed by those that are with him that he've used the rd shoulder to overtake a large vehicle and collided into a tow truck at the rd shoulder. More details were not available & need to verify but was known that his bike front was damaged and rider is not badly injured. He was send to Kulai hospital.

Organiser Alvin will get in contact with the rider and make known to all participants on his condition and render any assistance he might required.

Regards

Management

SingaporeBikes.com

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

xgrind is right about the gears. before the meetup i was at the stables... which explains the weird attire. so if u guys see me in funny tight pants and kinky long boots, it's not because i'm gay ok haha.

Ah, so you are the one riding a real steed! Noticed your boots with the stirrups and jockey pants but did not ask you about it. :D

Thanks for the experience today... it was really something very different from the ones I've had. Kudos to the organizers for doing all that they could to make this trip a success. I understand that it is not easy at all to bring together almost 100 different bikes with different capacities and make them ride together for 140km. And it sure as hell is difficult to ride in such a big convoy where I know almost nobody safe for Xgrind and Quizesilver. Not knowing most of the people you're riding with made anticipating their actions tricky to say the least. Try going at Malaysian Highway speed, cruising along happily, enjoying the ride.Traffic was clear, road was open and you can see for miles ahead. It is all so relaxing and then suddenly realise that I'm almost at the rear wheel of the bike in front. Oh, the rider in front simply shut the throttle and was gesticulating to the pillion about some scenery in the distance.:slapforehead: Its not a case of faulty brakes, I saw the same bike's brake light lighted up on other occasions. But whats important was that the convoy reached the Durian plantation safely. Quite an exciting ride I must say. I must be on my toes at all times. Its almost like I'm at the tracks, no time for sight seeing, just watching the bikes in front with rabid attention and preparing myself for bikes overtaking me from the right, and left.

A couple other near misses too which I told the organizer at the first rest point so I'm not gonna mention it here. I'm hopeful that they would take the points I had and try to make things even better for future trips.

Please go to my flickr page here for some of the pictures my wife and I took today.

See you guys around.

Sorry, one thing I might not have made clear was that I in no way blaming the organizers for the behaviour of some of the riders during convoy riding. I have already mentioned what I feel are points for improvement to the organizers face to face. The stuff I mentioned in the post above are just some of my observations.

Riding is a skill that needs practising. And convoy riding is also a skill that takes time to learn. Maybe we should all do a part in ensuring that we know and stick by the rules of the particular ride.

Would like to thk to orgainser Alvin, pointer Scarab, markers, sweepers, medic for all their effort and last but not least all the superb camera men too.

All wishes to the above rider and hope he has a speedy recovery. If not we will send some durian over to make it up :)

Thanks again and rest well all.

nice meeting you and your gf. ;)

I've just been updated by biker ZoRoM (Patrick) that he will not be able to join this trip. I will proceed to SHELL Jalan Ahmed Ibrahim at 7am as usual as I do not know how to go GP Esso :cry:

Good night :sleep:

SK I

To all guys, I had miss out the Great Outing. :sad:

Due to some late mins family committment so i cant turn up for the trip.

Well done to the Organise Team and the members. :thumb:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Riding is a skill that needs practising. And convoy riding is also a skill that takes time to learn. Maybe we should all do a part in ensuring that we know and stick by the rules of the particular ride.

Yes, right on. :cheers:

Convoy riding is never easy, it require skill and endurance.

An old saying, everybody can ride fast with his powerful machine, but have the 'power' in control? Not everyone can STOP in time! :cheeky:

With every good wishes

Mark C.

It is in the moment of your decision and action that your life is shaped.

Life is a daring adventure or nothing at all.

æµ· 纳 百 å· ï¼Œ 有 容 乃 大 。

为了生活我å¯ä»¥å¿ , 平安回家 , 陪家人åƒé¥­å¾ˆé‡è¦.

Ouch...damn d suckers...Sorry to hear you lost ur beloved lime monster....

OMg!!

You are the Green Kawa Z1000 with sweet pipes (4 Wicked looking ones!!)???

I thought you were riding one of the nicest bike in the 2B convoy...and you were riding with your mate on a super four with blue handle bar...... are you the one??

Even if you are not him... I am sorry to here about the incident!! Damn it!!

I hope all is well mate.....:o :o

"Deep within us all, lies a secret garden where we retreat to at the end of the day, to ease our wearied mind and bodies…â€

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/fir_chan/Places/DSC02859-1.jpg

so great that u gt bck ur cash !

请原谅我, 一切都是我的错, 都是我ä¸å¤Ÿæˆç†Ÿ

緣分和愛情是什麼

我最深爱的人伤我å´æ˜¯æœ€æ·±

anybody please tell me if i ride like crap! would like to know what i'm doing wrong. :cheers:

oops i think there's some misunderstanding here that made dinie think i was the drz rider... dinie i think u pmed the wrong person... haha. but nevertheless good advice! :thumb:

haha i've got many ppl asking me...

i think i know who u refering to regarding the scenery gesture part... cuz i oso tio the same thing behind, haha. but i was quite far back so it didn't affect me much. i'm surprised that tho the distance is quite abit i still had to make some effort to avoid hitting the said bike.

p.s. as long as all riders return home with all 4 limbs intact i think imho the crew has done a pretty darn good job. :thumb:

Ah, so you are the one riding a real steed! Noticed your boots with the stirrups and jockey pants but did not ask you about it. :D

Sorry, one thing I might not have made clear was that I in no way blaming the organizers for the behaviour of some of the riders during convoy riding. I have already mentioned what I feel are points for improvement to the organizers face to face. The stuff I mentioned in the post above are just some of my observations.

hi guys,

jus to let u guys know tt im alright. lips spilt, big bun on my head, sore legs muscles, overall no broken limp or anything. no worries. now figuring out how to take back my bike from msia police station. =p

ranzl

Hi all

Just to clarify some details.

Do be informed and updated that after the photo-taking at the plantation as announced, bro ranzl (s4) and some other riders had chosen to leave on his own back back to sg. He was not with the return trip convoy. Both convoys made it slow and safely back to Taman U A&W, thanks to the sporadic downpour along NSE.

By the time our Grp 2 convoy (1st grp to move off after south-bouth pagoh esso) hit his location, his bike was already on the towing truck making way to Sg Renggam police station. Our convoy marshall checked and was informed by those that are with him that he've used the rd shoulder to overtake a large vehicle and collided into a tow truck at the rd shoulder. More details were not available & need to verify but was known that his bike front was damaged and rider is not badly injured. He was send to Kulai hospital.

Organiser Alvin will get in contact with the rider and make known to all participants on his condition and render any assistance he might required.

Regards

Management

SingaporeBikes.com

i rather hav nightmares den sweet dreams of u

hi guys,

jus to let u guys know tt im alright. lips spilt, big bun on my head, sore legs muscles, overall no broken limp or anything. no worries. now figuring out how to take back my bike from msia police station. =p

ranzl

glad to hear you are okay.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v189/Loontoot/Funny%20Pics/adminuser4mw.gif

<CMO> Quality IT Services for homes & businesses.

<CMO> 3M Products from U.S.A

hi guys,

ranzl

Good to know that you are fine mate!!!

Recover well.... the bike is the smallest of your problem.... that can wait.

I was worried when i saw the site as i rode by...my heart got really heavy, hoping the person to be well. Thank god for your safety!!

U have a good one!!

Cheers!

"Deep within us all, lies a secret garden where we retreat to at the end of the day, to ease our wearied mind and bodies…â€

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll198/fir_chan/Places/DSC02859-1.jpg

hi guys,

ranzl

great! glad to hear u are fine... get well soon! i'll see if i can help u find more infos on how u can get back your bike...

hi guys,

ranzl

Glad that you are alright !! ^^ Get well soon! :cheers:

hi guys,

ranzl

Thank GOD tt u r fine.

All riders pls ride safely.

â¤pR|nCesS wH|t3`â„¢ & Ah M|nn Of Dare To R|de Alone's Ah Fam|ly.â¤

â¥çˆ±æ•å…¬ä¸»çš„一切。

ღ| pray for all b|kers' safety.ღ

www.rainbow-ants.blogspot.com

Good to know that biker ranzl is ok. Recover well. :smile:

Bro ZoRoM, it's ok. bunnie_hui and I were also lucky cos we met biker elvinart (spelling correct?) from group 2-riding a R1 who kindly led us to GP Esso :angel:

Bro pufferfish_76, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!?????? So beautiful and burnt down just like this? :cry:

Hope you can full claim and get a new now soon. All the best!

Be contented and you have the world... be greedy and you'll never be happy.