SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

CDC Bike Learner

Today I did 2 lessons. Bad mistake because after coming back from the morning lesson, rest a while and it was yet another lesson. Minus off the travelling time back and forth, not much of a break. Perhaps I should do 1 lesson each day of the weekend instead.

Prac 3 today is mainly 2 things, slope and figure of 8. I got a stamp for slope but the figure 8 timing needs to improve. Any tips here on speed and handling?

Maintain throttle, your eye sight must be right and u must dare to cup corner. No need go so fast coz sure got enuff time to pass. And dun use your front brakes!

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *

• Replies 13.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Prac 3 today is mainly 2 things, slope and figure of 8. I got a stamp for slope but the figure 8 timing needs to improve. Any tips here on speed and handling?

I had one unorthodox instructor telling the group to watch motorcycle racing on youtube. We were quite bad, I think the whole lot of us failed.

Never let someone else's irrational fears hold you back.

Please also read my reply above. I have a serious phobia at 'E' brake also. That was the wonderful reason I failed. I passed the Class 2B TP Practical Test Checklist but failed due to a immediate failure at the 'E' Brake. Thanks alot for all the wishes and hopes from all of you to me but I feel so damn F UP failing the TP. Sorry to all for turning you all down. I did not expect this at all. I did not have any mistake on my circuit or road courses. I only have F UP points for stupid things like poor accerleration, speed too slow and wobble when changing lane. All these are serious ****. I don't remember any instance I did these. ****! The TP I think don't know what to give me the points for also. But I don't blame for all these. Because I still passed if they never include the 'E' Brake! The TP not even lenient even though it is raining like ****. It is just a small **** mistake. It is not like as if it happens in real I will die what. I just exceeded the red line by a bit and that is why I failed. Anyways, I am not the type that will pass and forget all the friends who wished me and hoped I will pass. Sincere apologies. I was just so damn F UP that i just do not wish to do anything. Until now I have not book my TP. That is how F UP I am. Sorry guys.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Chill man. Its only a licence. When i was taking my 2A, i buanged once cause i hit the front brake too hard during e-brake. From then on, whenever i do e-brake, i will always hit my rear brakes super hard and make the rear wheel lock cause i dont dare to hit the front brakes too hard. Everytime, including TP, my rear wheel will lock then can do slide haha. Sometimes ah, you got to sacrifice some points to pass.

Like when i was taking my 2B, i was super horrible at the plank until the instructor told me just to do the plank fast and get the points cause other stuff can do very well. But when do 2A the plank was like super easy cause i think the xjr more stable.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Today I did 2 lessons. Bad mistake because after coming back from the morning lesson, rest a while and it was yet another lesson. Minus off the travelling time back and forth, not much of a break. Perhaps I should do 1 lesson each day of the weekend instead.

slope pretty easy bah. speed is just to maintain throttle then you think u go too fast then you tap tap your rear brakes... nevermind if got screeching sound, the ybrs super cmi one hehe ...

anyway what time was your prac 3? just now this fella havent go inside figure 8, buang already .. then one guy halfway inside crankcourse then make short cut and go back into queue.. hehe remind me of my 2b days .... (=

I had one unorthodox instructor telling the group to watch motorcycle racing on youtube. We were quite bad, I think the whole lot of us failed.

my friend was told off by instructor," EH YOU THINK YOU ROSSI ISSIT?!" haha

it's ok to do bad. can always improve along the way.

Chill man. Its only a licence. When i was taking my 2A, i buanged once cause i hit the front brake too hard during e-brake. From then on, whenever i do e-brake, i will always hit my rear brakes super hard and make the rear wheel lock cause i dont dare to hit the front brakes too hard. Everytime, including TP, my rear wheel will lock then can do slide haha. Sometimes ah, you got to sacrifice some points to pass.

Like when i was taking my 2B, i was super horrible at the plank until the instructor told me just to do the plank fast and get the points cause other stuff can do very well. But when do 2A the plank was like super easy cause i think the xjr more stable.

buang in circuit better than buang on roads. rear wheel lock nevermind if you KNOW how to control the bike. don't like me, rear wheel lock then skid, ON EXPRESSWAY.

xjr stable for you maybe because of your weight? coz i struggled with the xjr but the ybr250 seems okay for me. oh well, different strokes for different folks.

my friend gave me a tip, ebrake just go slow if not confident to stop before the line. but that means i'm gonna get points at ebrake and bumpy course. gahh ~

dear STALKER on SGBikes.com ,

YOU CAN SUCK MY MIDDLE FINGER DEEP DEEP !

regards,

yours truly.

bro s.m.h life is about hardship. sometimes you do everything right and then something just goes wrong at the last minute. i know how you feel when you are confident over your abilities to pass and all of a sudden there comes the immediate failure. from your post i can see that you would have pass with the points but the immediate failure made you fail. you got to get over it bro.

i was also like you. dejected, angry with myself and the tp and the pain of waiting 3 months for my next tp. my pain was worse cause me and my best friend went to TP together and he passed while i failed. i got 8 points and got an immediate failure cuz my right leg came down while doing U turn. in real life also when people do U turn their leg would be on the ground so it didn't make any sense but the rules are the rules and i failed.

my advice to you is get over it bro and book for another test. you have come so far with all the theory and practicals lessons and this is your final step. book your revisions and get over your phobia. once you get the hang of it, the phobia would be gone.

You've Been Hit By

You've Been Hit By

A Smooth Criminal

@ S.M.H.....cheerups!! :cheer: dont stop cos you are almost there. do u remember how hard it was to go thru all those 8 lessons + finally able to take tp? if u give up now, it's all going to be wasted!

come join me for revisions instead!! my tp 9 sept!!! join me join me!

slope pretty easy bah. speed is just to maintain throttle then you think u go too fast then you tap tap your rear brakes... nevermind if got screeching sound, the ybrs super cmi one hehe ...

anyway what time was your prac 3? just now this fella havent go inside figure 8, buang already .. then one guy halfway inside crankcourse then make short cut and go back into queue.. hehe remind me of my 2b days .... (=

my friend was told off by instructor," EH YOU THINK YOU ROSSI ISSIT?!" haha

it's ok to do bad. can always improve along the way.

buang in circuit better than buang on roads. rear wheel lock nevermind if you KNOW how to control the bike. don't like me, rear wheel lock then skid, ON EXPRESSWAY.

xjr stable for you maybe because of your weight? coz i struggled with the xjr but the ybr250 seems okay for me. oh well, different strokes for different folks.

my friend gave me a tip, ebrake just go slow if not confident to stop before the line. but that means i'm gonna get points at ebrake and bumpy course. gahh ~

i also feel the xjr is very stable...

i have no problem doing bumpy course on the xjr..

and i am very light.... (right knux?)

but on the fz6...

i got problem... cham lar...

how siah...

need to just ride thru the bumpy course and get 6 points? :faint:

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *

i also feel the xjr is very stable...

i have no problem doing bumpy course on the xjr..

and i am very light.... (right knux?)

but on the fz6...

i got problem... cham lar...

how siah...

need to just ride thru the bumpy course and get 6 points? :faint:

haha ya lar !

skali turn back and see you complain the fz6 very heavy ! lol !

are you lighter than me? whats your weight? hehe

but also, i feel tat it was easier doing the bumpy with the xjr, even though it's very heavy. less throttle and just need to play with clutch slightly only. but ybr250 my throttle and clutch coordination very bad.

what to do. see lah, if you check blindspot and all, slope, fig8, crankcourse plank n slalom do properly, just chiong bumpy lor... after all bumpy is the last obstacle during the test...

but honestly i would wanna get as little points as possible (coz look nicer on TP paper hehehe).. but sometimes things are just unavoidable... but at least that's a proof that i'm serious with my will to ride..

regards,

yours truly.

haha ya lar !

skali turn back and see you complain the fz6 very heavy ! lol !

are you lighter than me? whats your weight? hehe

but also, i feel tat it was easier doing the bumpy with the xjr, even though it's very heavy. less throttle and just need to play with clutch slightly only. but ybr250 my throttle and clutch coordination very bad.

what to do. see lah, if you check blindspot and all, slope, fig8, crankcourse plank n slalom do properly, just chiong bumpy lor... after all bumpy is the last obstacle during the test...

but honestly i would wanna get as little points as possible (coz look nicer on TP paper hehehe).. but sometimes things are just unavoidable... but at least that's a proof that i'm serious with my will to ride..

oh yar.

dont complain tio sabo by visor when doing bumpy course ehehehehe.

i think coz very long never ride heavy bikes..

then feel why suddenly so heavy...

haiz...

i think tmr i go practise more of the bumpy...

but at the end of the day...

need to pray for luck during tp...

really need luck..

if suay.... no choice...

re-take lor...

bro S.m.H dun feel sad and f uped.

u can always try again like me.

real bikers nv give up right?

i know how u feel.

took all the trouble to prepare and yet the result is disappointing.

But u can try again!. treat the first test as a lesson.

the next test u will be more confident! =)

Maintain throttle, your eye sight must be right and u must dare to cup corner. No need go so fast coz sure got enuff time to pass. And dun use your front brakes!

Throttle and eye sight - check!

cup corner highly depends on the eye line, else you will slow down.

I never use front brakes, but I hardly use rear brakes before, so it was some getting used to on stepping the rear brakes. Ever stepped too hard and stalled on the figure 8.

Will it help? Must watch a few video first then see how.

anyway what time was your prac 3? just now this fella havent go inside figure 8, buang already .. then one guy halfway inside crankcourse then make short cut and go back into queue.. hehe remind me of my 2b days ....

I got a stamp for slope already. Need to remember the signalling though. Every small little thing you do wrong, got point deduction one. so sian.

My Prac 3 was session 1 & 3. Heng I never fall down, though a number of people did. A number on the inner lane turning into the figure 8 will some how hit the curb when turning in. It happened a lot to this girl in session 1.

Can I ask about the gear shifting for Figure 8?

instructor wave to you. you check right, check left, half clutch and move off in gear 1.

Turn in past the yellow line, in the 'quarter' circle, I think is like this:

1. off throttle (right hand), 2. clutch in, off signal (left hand)

3. shift gear up to gear 2

4. clutch out, throttle on

shift gear have to be fast and accurate I guess to have speedy pick up in the course. Cannot look down too, must be intuitive, eyes focus on where you want the bike to be.

seen a few good examples, they will rev gear 2 out of the circle to the 2nd half of fig. 8.

last quarter circle before turning left to crank course, I think is like this:

1. off throttle (right hand), 2. clutch in, signal left (same hand movement)

3. shift gear down to gear 1

4. (do you freewheel out of the course, past the yellow line?)

5. half clutch, throttle on, prepare to stop behind the white line

This is based on my interpretation after watching those who are better and passed the lesson. Can any of the seniors here comment?

for me.... fig 8

*use it as your own risk*

1) check right and left

2) move off in gear 1

3a) before yellow line change to gear 2

or...

3b) after yellow line change to gear 2

4) maintain throttle and turn your head to the direction of the correct eye sight position, mainly got 2 points, at the 1st quarter face your head to the 3rd quarter. at the 3rd quarter, face your head the exit.

5) when approaching the exit, close throttle

6) use rear brake Lightly... to slowly

7) you can clutch in when turning to the yellow stop line or after turning then clutch in, depend on you...

8) before left leg down kick down to gear 1.

for me.... fig 8

*use it as your own risk*

1) check right and left

2) move off in gear 1

3a) before yellow line change to gear 2

or...

3b) after yellow line change to gear 2

4) maintain throttle and turn your head to the direction of the correct eye sight position, mainly got 2 points, at the 1st quarter face your head to the 3rd quarter. at the 3rd quarter, face your head the exit.

5) when approaching the exit, close throttle

6) use rear brake Lightly... to slowly

7) you can clutch in when turning to the yellow stop line or after turning then clutch in, depend on you...

8) before left leg down kick down to gear 1.

My version as follow......:angel:

Tp on blinker....

1) Check right then left....

2) Half-clutch and move off in 1st gear.....And chiong ar..... to fig.8

3) Once over the yellow line, off signal and chiong to 1st quarter of the circle....

4) Reach 1st quarter, change to sec gear and maintain throttle to 3th quarter of the second circle.....

5) Reach 3th quarter of second circle turn on signal light first then bend in to exit....

6) before exit clutch in and roll to stop light....

7) Drop to 1st gear before putting leg down....

8) change back both direction and chiong ar.... to crank course.....

Never once i use rear brake..... just open and close throttle nia....

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b55/soundless81/SwimmingSession.jpg

Apr 2006 ~ Current - Toyota Altis 1.6A

Apr 2010 ~ Current - X9 500(Big Bulb-大ç¯æ³¡)

May 2010 ~ Current - 150cc ET8(Little Lamb)

Oct 2010 ~ Oct 2012 - FZ6S2(肥仔六)

Oct 2012 ~ Current - ZG1400(鸡踢鸭)

i think coz very long never ride heavy bikes..

then feel why suddenly so heavy...

haiz...

i think tmr i go practise more of the bumpy...

but at the end of the day...

need to pray for luck during tp...

really need luck..

if suay.... no choice...

re-take lor...

ya lor ... really gonna pray hard tat i'll get thru this ..

today like gonna be a rainy rainy day... perhaps can practice abit in the rain. in case tomorrow the weather not fine.. but i really2 hope that the weather and everythang would be fine....

----

for figure 8 .. hmm ..

based on my own experiences i would have difficulty focusing on figure 8 and shifting gear. i don't know why but i am just not good at multi tasking. i would usually be already in second gear before i enter the figure 8. no harm in that. once in the figure 8, i off signal. eyeline all check and negotiate through the course, before exitting, i on signal.

the last part is the one where i always **** up.

i usually free wheel out of the figure 8. thus you will always see me making a wide turn hahah. but as long as when i already stop, i'm in first gear. but technically, inside the figure 8, i'm in 2nd gear through out.

anyway, when i was taking prac 3, i never off signal at all inside fig 8. coz if i do, i will kanchiong. but as i go along, i made sure i off the signal, as i dont want to lose precious demerit points.

well, when you've passed your prac 3 n 4, make sure u go for revisions to know which technique you would be comfortable with. all the best (=

regards,

yours truly.

My version as follow......:angel:

Tp on blinker....

1) Check right then left....

2) Half-clutch and move off in 1st gear.....And chiong ar..... to fig.8

3) Once over the yellow line, off signal and chiong to 1st quarter of the circle....

4) Reach 1st quarter, change to sec gear and maintain throttle to 3th quarter of the second circle.....

5) Reach 3th quarter of second circle turn on signal light first then bend in to exit....

6) before exit clutch in and roll to stop light....

7) Drop to 1st gear before putting leg down....

8) change back both direction and chiong ar.... to crank course.....

Never once i use rear brake..... just open and close throttle nia....

haha

i forgot to write about the signal lights

lol :cheeky:

bumpy ................................

bong bong bong

**** man! thursday my tp and til now after my cr my bumpy still cmi.iwas fast on the first 3 bump. then after that i find it hard to coordinate the clutch and trottle man!!

class 2B : 27 November 2007

class 2A : 21 April 2009

class 2 : 21 October 2010

class 3 : 21 August 2007

"Change is a decision u make and not a thought in your mind"

" there can only be transformation when you have change your thoughts"

SMH cheer up mate! That day i also passed by 18 points only, Alot failed too. Its the weather not us. The rain was really very jialat. Hope you pass your tp the next time round.

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b127/blazinfero/10446567_10152272462011623_2293079476474213568_n_zps22b1e990.jpg

Don't take my kindness as my weakness.

Can I ask about the gear shifting for Figure 8?

instructor wave to you. you check right, check left, half clutch and move off in gear 1.

Turn in past the yellow line, in the 'quarter' circle, I think is like this:

1. off throttle (right hand), 2. clutch in, off signal (left hand)

3. shift gear up to gear 2

4. clutch out, throttle on

shift gear have to be fast and accurate I guess to have speedy pick up in the course. Cannot look down too, must be intuitive, eyes focus on where you want the bike to be.

seen a few good examples, they will rev gear 2 out of the circle to the 2nd half of fig. 8.

last quarter circle before turning left to crank course, I think is like this:

1. off throttle (right hand), 2. clutch in, signal left (same hand movement)

3. shift gear down to gear 1

4. (do you freewheel out of the course, past the yellow line?)

5. half clutch, throttle on, prepare to stop behind the white line

This is based on my interpretation after watching those who are better and passed the lesson. Can any of the seniors here comment?

like what most ppl r saying, i think it really depends on what u comfortable with.

i also cannot multi-task so my technique abit similar to _knucklehead...

i try to kick up to gear 2 just before entering cos it always slows me down,

so rev it up at start pt + quickly change gear 2 then just maintain throttle all the way,

i never use brakes at all...just chiong all the way.

must maintain eyeline + dare to go low into the turns + losts of confidence.

like that sure do very sweeee sweee one :angel:

@ soundless, u very gd leh, can half clutch 1st gear + off signal at same time :thumb:

i think if u too nervous abt procedures, can forget abt the signal part for now.

instructors usually close 1eye for prac 3.

when u reach prac 5 then worry abt that part cos u will be more skilled by then....it shouldn't be a big problem anymore. :goodluck:

@ S.M.H.....the more u fail, the more u must try! don't give up ok.

if u give up now, u will never get that 2B

if u keep trying, sure can get it. in fact, im sure u will pass on 2nd attempt already!

hip hip cheerios!

like what most ppl r saying, i think it really depends on what u comfortable with.

i also cannot multi-task so my technique abit similar to _knucklehead...

i try to kick up to gear 2 just before entering cos it always slows me down,

so rev it up at start pt + quickly change gear 2 then just maintain throttle all the way,

i never use brakes at all...just chiong all the way.

must maintain eyeline + dare to go low into the turns + losts of confidence.

like that sure do very sweeee sweee one :angel:

@ soundless, u very gd leh, can half clutch 1st gear + off signal at same time :thumb:

i think if u too nervous abt procedures, can forget abt the signal part for now.

instructors usually close 1eye for prac 3.

when u reach prac 5 then worry abt that part cos u will be more skilled by then....it shouldn't be a big problem anymore. :goodluck:

hmm, I think I will change gear earlier because my gear change is not that smooth yet. I realised I slowed down at the moment I gear change since you throttle off and at that point, I always get yelled at by the instructor to pick up speed. Because I am not that fast, I will be at the first semi-circle only starting to rev gear 2.:cheeky:

must be willing to be more daring and almost grind the crash bars, from what I observed those who passed did. It's probably done on intuition as you focus on the path ahead and don't look down to see actually how low you are leaning. Some of them tell me is like a subconscious thing, you are only focus on getting there, how you actually get there, is your brain telling your body to do but you are not actually seeing yourself do.

Practice/Practice/Practice.

Yeah!! passed my 2A TP this morning.. Last rider.. Number 79 ;[

made a new friend riding kr.. Thomas thomas ;)

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Does CDC still using yamaha fazers for cl2? :confused:

yes frazer 6...

Saw "soundless" too...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022