SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

LTA Vehicle Inspection

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi guys... just FYI

i went to AMK JIC and ask the inspector..

for those bikes with dual headlamps, and you have only 1 working headlamp (i.e. low beam & hi beam still ok), your bike is a pass...

ToiléTmaster | Seinfeld is still the best show ever!

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff308/super_marvel/ToileTmaster/vlcsnap-13527612.png

Hi! Was just wondering:

I ride a honda sonic from a previous owner who installed racing foot pegs.

Would I be able to pass the inspection?

And just a random question, what method do you use to fix your P plate on your bike? =)

were u the one who mentioned getting a cbr150 previously? :cheeky:

anyway, racing footrest should be pass-able as long as the rear brakes continue to work effectively + the rear brakelight gets activated when u depress the brake lever.

:cheers:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

....=[ R E P S O L ]=....

Yessss! I still want a CBR sooo badly. =(

But settled for honda sonic, cause no money. But eh, I'm growing to love my bike a lot. Haha. (Though I will want to ride that sports bike when I'm financially capable. =P)

Ah yes I went for inspection yesterday after changing my rear tyre. The thread was gone. Lucky my friend pointed out to me, I wouldn't've noticed. =x Haha. Passed! But my signal light has a missing cover, means must change head fairing = expensive and must find the original head fairing. Troublesome. Rah.

Inspection is so weird thought. =/

were u the one who mentioned getting a cbr150 previously? :cheeky:

anyway, racing footrest should be pass-able as long as the rear brakes continue to work effectively + the rear brakelight gets activated when u depress the brake lever.

:cheers:

Guys!

I wanna ask if horribly squeaking drum brakes will fail? Do they even check? It is because my bike the drum brakes are SUPER SQUEAKY like got mice inside when braking. My brake pad is not botak. Its just that the dust collect inside the drum. Will pass inspection or not? Thanks!

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Just want to check.

If let say a motor vehicle road tax is renewed to 20th June 2010.

But my insurance is valid till 10th June 2010.

1. Will I be denied to renew my road tax unless i extend my insurance till 20th June 2010?

2. Or I'll need to renew my insurance before 11th June 2010 and road tax renewable is allowed.

Kindly advice.

Regards,

kifakw

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car

and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall,

torque is how far you take the wall with you.

• 1 month later...

Hi all, i'm new here so was hoping u all can help me with this. It is regarding the colour of the bike.

1) Say i buy a red bike (lets say vespa) but spray it black (Maybe after restoration) is that legal in singapore?

2) What about fairings? If i were to change the fairings to a different colour from say red to black is that ok?

If its illegal to do so is there a way about it? like say to get LTA to approve it/ inform LTA of the changes. I understand a lot of people mod their bikes and a lot of times it ends up not looking like the original thing......... so how? Anyone?

• 3 weeks later...

I just went through inspection, and the inspector pointed out that my pole lights are of the wrong color, and made me sign a form stating that "I know they are of the wrong color".

I'd understand if I put red or blue color pole light, but trouble is my pole lights are white (Change to white LED). He said the lights are supposed to be yellowish.

I didn't argue too much because I have 4300k headlamp bulbs, if you know what I mean. He didn't fault those because they are 'yellowish'. So white LED pole lamps are illegal, as are all the LED Daytime running lights found on Audi/BMW/Porsche/Mercedes Benz ?

:cool:

• 3 weeks later...

if i change airhorn, can i pass the inspection?

LICENCES

class 2B: 07sep06 (cg125, nsr150, cbf150, x1r, ta200)

class 3: 30apr07 (Mitsubishi lancer, Nissan sunny, Toyota corolla, Volkswagen golf tsi)

class 2A: 27may08 (revo, vtec1, majesty250)

class 2: 08jun10 (fz6n, GSX-R600L4, tmax530)

• 3 weeks later...
Just want to check.

If let say a motor vehicle road tax is renewed to 20th June 2010.

But my insurance is valid till 10th June 2010.

1. Will I be denied to renew my road tax unless i extend my insurance till 20th June 2010?

2. Or I'll need to renew my insurance before 11th June 2010 and road tax renewable is allowed.

Kindly advice.

for yr rd tax to be able to cover till 20th Jun 2010, it means u must have insurance coverage at least until 20th Jun 2010. Don't think there will be a situation such as insurance coverage period lesser than road tax validity.

:cheeky:

Hi all, i'm new here so was hoping u all can help me with this. It is regarding the colour of the bike.

1) Say i buy a red bike (lets say vespa) but spray it black (Maybe after restoration) is that legal in singapore?

2) What about fairings? If i were to change the fairings to a different colour from say red to black is that ok?

If its illegal to do so is there a way about it? like say to get LTA to approve it/ inform LTA of the changes. I understand a lot of people mod their bikes and a lot of times it ends up not looking like the original thing......... so how? Anyone?

i don't think changing color of the bike is illegal, perhaps unless u go and chrome the entire bike, making it super distracting for other road users.

there is a section in http://www.onemotoring.com.sg that u can use to update changes to yr vehicle color. after u have submited the update, LTA will mail u a letter to acknowledge the change.

:goodluck:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

I'd understand if I put red or blue color pole light, but trouble is my pole lights are white (Change to white LED). He said the lights are supposed to be yellowish.

great info. have got white led polelights too. will get them changed to normal bulbs prior to going for inspection. guess we just have to accept that some of the inspection requirements are less flexible than we want them to be.

:thumb:

how to known pass or not after STA inspection give me a letter? i no received any roadtax renew letter,and my roadtax will expiry jan 2010..i just go singapore post office renew roadtax after i complete my inspection..how to knw whether is success renew??

the letter given to u by STA will indicate whether yr vehicle have passed the inspection.

reminder letter to send vehicle for inspection comes ard 3mth in advance but rd tax renewal letter comes only ard 1mth in advance. if u havent receive the rd tax renewal letter, just need to wait. i don't tink it is possible to go visit the postoffice to renew rd tax before u even receive the rd tax renewal letter.

u will know yr rd tax is sucessfully renewed after u paid money and the road tax paper disc is issued to u.

:)

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

if i change airhorn, can i pass the inspection?

if u r talking abt electro magnetic horn (which sometimes pple call them wrongly as airhorn), then probably can pass.

if it's the real airhorn u r talking abt, then nope, probably wont pass the inspection. :angel:

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

• 4 weeks later...
pls off topic here, i really nid help. My demerit points is 0 points laio. meaning cannot minus anymore or will gantong..

I wish to knw, parking on curb. what is the charge n summon like, got demerit pts? ty

should be $70 for parking on pavement.

no demerit pts.

hi, for new bike, after how many years, will it need to be send for inspection?

after new bike reaches 3years old (counting from date of registration), it will need to be sent for inspection yearly.

=[ Honda CBR150R ]=

3 years if not wrong.

should be $70 for parking on pavement.

no demerit pts.

after new bike reaches 3years old (counting from date of registration), it will need to be sent for inspection yearly.

thanks....

how about led light on the license plate screw?

the led will light up when brake is engage.

can pass or not?

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *

thanks....

how about led light on the license plate screw?

the led will light up when brake is engage.

can pass or not?

To simply put...anything that is not factory fitted will be deemed illegal unless there is a cert to say otherwise.

* Suzuki GSR750

----------------------------

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-metric2/196279.png

To simply put...anything that is not factory fitted will be deemed illegal unless there is a cert to say otherwise.

:dozed: i guess have to remove to avoid reinspection:sian:

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *

• 3 weeks later...

Going for my first inspection tml.

Can i know if the owner of the bike must be present?

I am currently a sub rider for my uncle's bike.

Thanks!

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

anyway.

went for inspection as a sub rider.

Passed.

Stebel Magnum

LED bracket sticking out both left and right(used black tape to cover it up)

:D

the uncle at kaki bukit very good :D

DIY instructions

VTEC indicator for CB400 - http://tinyurl.com/7gvy3vy

Replacement/Changing of T10 light bulbs for CB400's Meter - http://tinyurl.com/8624wsa

:bouncefire:

2006 Aprilia RS125(Sold)

2006 Honda Phantom TA200(Sold)

1999 Honda Super 4 Hyper VTEC(Sold)

2003 Honda ST1300A Pan European(Sold) :thumb:

2010 Kia Cerato Forte Koup(Current)

• 4 weeks later...

Lets say my rxz the smoke like smoke grenade when i pump, really like smoke grenade not exxagerate. Mechanic tell me that my rxz old liao is common will cost $200-$300 to fix not worth it? Will inspection pass my bike and give chance cuz its a old bike?

“Showing off is the fool's idea of glory.†~Bruce Lee