SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

LTA Vehicle Inspection

Guest Anonymous

hmm...

my bike is under lay up nw

if i buy insurance,rd tax

i nid to go inspect ?

will they send me letter or..i nid go myself ?

my frend sae nid go inspect

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bros out there, i have a road tax paper from the previous owner, not torn out from the letter yet. it stated expiry 01 sep 2011 for the one year renewal and 01 mar 2011 for the half year one. but beneath it states paid/unpaid. its not cancelled and theres not chop on it. does this means that i have to go vicom to do an inspection and bring along the road tax paper for the inspectors there to chop it? and how much do i have to pay? if i have the road tax paper, it means that i shld have paid for road tax renewal for 1 year right? thx in advance bros for answering.

Selling Aprilia Front, Rear Brakes & Dellorto 34mm Carb !

Selling Aprilia Parts!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/304715-WTS-Aprilia-Front-amp-Rear-Brakes-Full-Set-amp-Dellorto-34mm-Carb!

PM me for more info! :cheeky:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi just wanna clarify with you guys if anyone know about this...

If i go for Vehicle Inspection, I queue up first to pay rite? after that proceed to Vehicle Inspection.

After Inspection, Fail. Then next time come again.

Come again, Do i have to pay again the same amount?

Anyone keen to clarify this?

Hey guys.I've got an issue here.Currently my bike is due 4 inspection on September but my insurance is still valid till November.Is it possible if i just go for the inspection first and renew my road tax @ a later date eg October coz my birthday falls on that month and i guess its cheaper that way?What's the consequences if i do the following?Any help guys? Tanx!:)

i have questions. my bike is on lay up. so when im gonna 'unlay' my bike, issit correct if i do this in sequence.

1) buy insurance

2) tow bike to workshop to service

3) tow bike to any inspection centre; and when passed

4) go lta to unlay and renew roadtax..?? ===> this part i not sure

so i can buy insurance if bike still on lay up??

RXZ(FE4**2A) - 25th Sept 2010 till 16th July 2011

125Z(FZ***3D) - 20th Aug 2011 till 16 Oct 2012

PULSAR 200NS(FBG 8**2J) - 29th Dec 2012 till present

• 2 weeks later...
HI. i wanna change my small head light for the Gilera ST200 to a colour light. does it approve by the LTA?

i dont think so bro.. unless ure super lucky. haha.

Selling Aprilia Front, Rear Brakes & Dellorto 34mm Carb !

Selling Aprilia Parts!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/304715-WTS-Aprilia-Front-amp-Rear-Brakes-Full-Set-amp-Dellorto-34mm-Carb!

PM me for more info! :cheeky:

I used to have pole lights that are blue. 2 of them. I pass inspection. However my fren just failed... 3 weeks ago... Same bike same color light same inspection centre. However I did mine inspection 3 yrs ago. I guess is luck. If wanna play safe, just take out the color light then go for inspection. Pole light not necessary. Just need headlights.

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *

• 2 weeks later...
Yes... all my dirt bikes have aftermarket handguards..

If its not a dirt bike? :cheeky:

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, my bike is due for inspection soon. It has a aftermarket exhaust pipe from the previous owner. When I got the bike, I was only given a photocopied cert. I bought the bike from bike shop and they sent it for inspection last year. This time round, I lost the photocopied cert.

-May I know if they will request for the exhaust cert during inspection? (it's been inspected with the exhaust before, I believe they should have record?)

-Can I give them a replacement cert during inspection? (without stamp)

-Can I stamp the new cert together during the inspection?

-If I really can't produce the cert, any other workaround? (I can only think of changing back to stock exhaust which I dun have or lay up my bike until i get a new cert which I hope wun happen)

-It's there any bikeshop that can offer such service? (I won't be sending it for inspection on my own anyway becoz of HID and LED signal lights :p)

I have requested a replacement cert from the exhaust distributor, they promised me 2 week arrival time coz the cert needs to be 'flown' over from Europe. It's been 3 weeks and the cert is still not here yet. I need to think of contingency plan alr..

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/modenaboi/signature.jpg

Practical Test Checklist:

√ Sudden and late braking

√ Faulty signal lights

√ Superb use of horn

√ Assume road belongs to father

√ Never at fault no matter what happens

√ Tailgating confidence

Result: YES! You qualify to become a Singapore car driver!

sorry double post

Edited by Chaoz

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t286/modenaboi/signature.jpg

Practical Test Checklist:

√ Sudden and late braking

√ Faulty signal lights

√ Superb use of horn

√ Assume road belongs to father

√ Never at fault no matter what happens

√ Tailgating confidence

Result: YES! You qualify to become a Singapore car driver!

can air horn pass? those hella or stebel ones

i had an air-horn installed, but disconnected it before inspection. i connected the original BEEP BEEP horn.

the inspection man looked at it and i said it's a broken horn left over from previous owner... and it doesn't work.

pass.

http://binary.hjrockman.com/avatar.jpg

I need my bike to get through life's highways and byways...

• 2 weeks later...
I used to have pole lights that are blue. 2 of them. I pass inspection. However my fren just failed... 3 weeks ago... Same bike same color light same inspection centre. However I did mine inspection 3 yrs ago. I guess is luck. If wanna play safe, just take out the color light then go for inspection. Pole light not necessary. Just need headlights.

Bro, wat are pole lights?