SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

LTA Vehicle Inspection

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
Hey guys, I bought a secondhand bird installed with a legal exhaust.

For inspection, do I have to send for exhaust inspection too, or can I just go Vicom or STA for the normal motor inspection?

Would they need to see the exhaust certificate?

Pl see #247 of the following thread:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/171698-Aftermarket-Exhaust-Inspection-Procedures

Cheers

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=224954

2B(8/09);2A(10/10);2(12/11)

Derbi "Black Maverick" Terra 125 (8/09-9/12)

Honda "Burly Bison" Varadero XL1000V1 (10/11-12/12)

Ducati "Banded Mustang" Hypermotard 1100 EVO SP (12/12-)

Vespa "Vicki" GT200 (05/14-)

"Brothers, what we do in life echoes in eternity."

No problemo, amigo. Just sharing the facts from what I had gone through in the hope that others will do the same too. And all of us will be better informed and not be caught offguard.

In any case, I had also posted some info on buying a bike without having the licence for it. This is for the benefit of those taking the licence but just not qualified (legally) to ride their ideal rides, but yet so itchy that they went ahead to get the rides (also without letting their better halves know :Þ)

Pl see #18 of the following thread:

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/324551-Buying-Bike-with-No-license

Well, let's put it this way, I was getting really itchy... too itchy for my own bloody good. :)

Cheers.

• 3 weeks later...
Any idea if go yearly inspection they check ur tyres or not???my rear tyre left abt 5% thread so wonder if they check it or not?

I suggest you get your tires changed.

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

Any idea if go yearly inspection they check ur tyres or not???my rear tyre left abt 5% thread so wonder if they check it or not?

Agree with the other replies to your post... hopefully your tyres do not clear inspection and that will compel you to go change them for added safety.

it depends on the inspector..

last time i went for inspection the fellow told me my rear tyre is going botak soon.. i didn't realised it until he told me. after he passed me i quickly go and change the tyre

Shouldn't you be worried about your safety then passing the inspection with that tire condition ?

Agree with the other replies to your post... hopefully your tyres do not clear inspection and that will compel you to go change them for added safety.

it depends on the inspector..

last time i went for inspection the fellow told me my rear tyre is going botak soon.. i didn't realised it until he told me. after he passed me i quickly go and change the tyre

tanx for all the inputs...its not abt not changing my tyres, its just abt convenience. coz my bike shop is after the inspection centre so i was wondering if i could go for the inspections 1st b4 changing my tyres. anyway got my tyres changed but yet to go for inspection. :)

Don't Drink And Drive

Its Not Worth It

Smoke Weed And Fly

Hey guy got a question to ask. If my bike the headlight cant switched on due to some wiring prob.. Will vicom fail us because of headlight?? I mean after i tow to inspection already than i go my bike shop repair.. If nt tow double trip.. Cus my bike layup..

I don't need to show my bike here 'cus I don't have one.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/nghia_vn/Meme/ILied.png

Dude pls fix ur brain. Seem like u dun hav a brain to understand what im trying to say. :angel:

If i can fix it myself, i wont have to ask here right?? :cheeky:

1. By telling u to fix your headlights means to fix your head + your lights.

2. If you don't know how to fix your headlights then please go to somebody who knows how to do it.

3. You did not ask who knows how to fix your headlights but just ask if you should fix it before going for inspection.

4. And if you are trying to save the towing to a bike shop to fix the headlights, maybe just be prepared to spend another fee for re-inspection. Plus towing to some other place to fix your headlights then tow back for inspection then tow back again.

5. My list can go on and on. But if until now you still don't understand what I'm trying to tell you in the first place... I can just tell you now.

GO FIX YOUR HEADLIGHT BEFORE GOING INSPECTION BCOZ NO HEADLIGHT WILL FAIL.

And BCOZ you are going to fail the inspection so just go fix the headlights first!

You cant fix or need to find who to fix it just do it.

And one more thing... If money is a concern, just sell your bike.

I hope this fix your brain if not your head and your lights.

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *

sometimes i yearn for the "Like" button on SBF...

1. By telling u to fix your headlights means to fix your head + your lights.

2. If you don't know how to fix your headlights then please go to somebody who knows how to do it.

3. You did not ask who knows how to fix your headlights but just ask if you should fix it before going for inspection.

4. And if you are trying to save the towing to a bike shop to fix the headlights, maybe just be prepared to spend another fee for re-inspection. Plus towing to some other place to fix your headlights then tow back for inspection then tow back again.

5. My list can go on and on. But if until now you still don't understand what I'm trying to tell you in the first place... I can just tell you now.

GO FIX YOUR HEADLIGHT BEFORE GOING INSPECTION BCOZ NO HEADLIGHT WILL FAIL.

And BCOZ you are going to fail the inspection so just go fix the headlights first!

You cant fix or need to find who to fix it just do it.

And one more thing... If money is a concern, just sell your bike.

I hope this fix your brain if not your head and your lights.

Okay thanks.:cheeky:

I don't need to show my bike here 'cus I don't have one.

http://i1099.photobucket.com/albums/g388/nghia_vn/Meme/ILied.png

• 2 weeks later...
HI , i own a sp Nsr 150

I intent to put angel light in the front and the back of the bike , will i pass my inspection.

The front will be white color light

hahas, why would you like to have the angel eyes that attracts white angels to you..best is to remove to prevent any failure then re-install it back after inspection..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

My road tax is due 14 feb, my insurance also, now no money for insurance and change back to stock, inspection letter never say exact date I must inspect, just before feb, changed it cuz stock one rusted till it snapped, must get proper 2nd hand or brand new if have. Most I can do is lay up before 14th correct? At least until I get my new job's salary to make things right again but if I renewed insurance somewhere next month plus road tax, is there a period of wait time before I can get the bike proper for inspection?

If never go inspection, what will happen? Saman? No money for inspection, saman only will make it worse.

• 4 weeks later...
Hi All,

I'm really pissed because someone vandalized my bike when parked in SUNTEC, speedo glass cracked and metal rim of speedo bent up, looks like someone put a knife blade or screwdriver under it to try and get it off.

Will the cracked glass cause problem at LTA inspection?

Thnx

dun worry bro, no problem, they wont fail u just becoz of tat

:) cooling off day

• 2 months later...

Went to inspection for my 5yrs old silverwing at Ubi and was told that the front number plate was too "high"! I mentioned that this was there when I bought it and this is the 5th year inspection already. Nonetheless he has asked me to signed an inspection form stating that he has warned me on this and he will fail me next year if the front number plate position is not lowered.

The front number plate is sticked slightly above my belly height when seated and lower than chest area. Are there such restrictions from LTA as I did not see any rules against this?

Puzzled......