SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

LTA Vehicle Inspection

Guest Anonymous

Anyone hAs experience w the following n Advice if it cn pAss inspection?:

1) AftermArket rims

2) RizomA reArset (Not rAcing type)

3) After mArket blinker (bulb type, not LED)

4) Brembo brAke disc ( Round type, not flowery type)

rims r ok, rearset as long as u hv brake switch. blinkers no idea. brembo brake disc r ok

Aprilia RS 125

Honda NSR 150SP

Honda CBR 400RRR

Suzuki GSXR 1000K4

KIA Cerato Forte 1.6SX

Mitsubishi Lancer EX 2.0GT

Yamaha YZF-R6 12

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Folks, any issue to go for inspection without the inspection letter as I lost it?

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

Folks, any issue to go for inspection without the inspection letter as I lost it?

No issue. Never even need to present it. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

No issue. Never even need to present it. :cool:

Steady. Tks bro.

May 2005 - July 2007: Honda Phantom TA200 (FU 3*** S)

July 2007 - Dec 2016: Honda CB400 Spec III (FBB 7***X)

Dec 2016 - Aug 2017: Yamaha FZ1N (FBD 4***E)

Aug 2017 - Present: Kawasaki Z1000SX (FBF 6***B)

Boono :cool:

• 1 month later...

Anyone got shops to recommend on sending bikes for us for LTA inspection?

To ride on the road, You need skills,Stamina, or even luck.

But to be a good rider, you have to change with your environment,and adjust yourself to its rhythm.

Cultivate the confidence to face the different situations. Don't let yourself to be subdued by the environment :thumb:

• 3 months later...

Hi fellow riders, rumour has it that bikes with HID headlights will still pass inspection.. Any expert would like to clarify this matter? Thanks

Yamaha YZF R15-V1

Honda RVF 400

Yamaha YZF R1

Ducati Monster 696

Ducati Multistrada 1200S Sports

BMW R1200GS Adventure

Hi fellow riders, rumour has it that bikes with HID headlights will still pass inspection.. Any expert would like to clarify this matter? Thanks
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Rumours :cool: Edited by duo

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

• 1 month later...
I don't understand why LED blinkers are not allowed :confused:

It is hard to regulate unless its oem. It can be a pathetic one piece of small led or one extremely bright led.

Incandescent light also have a standard throw

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

me no expert but if you are using the H4 HID bulb which comes with low beam HID and high beam halogen light,yes you will pass if you just use the halogen light as your inspection light, I would recommend you get a H4 socket extension from ebay so you can connect an on and off switch without cutting or modifying your original H4 socket wires, This way you can switch on your HID without your halogen bulb on. cheers.

h4 socket.jpg

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

• 2 months later...

LC135 mod with SPCarb and 63mm block, + Yoshi.

As I compare to just Yoshi, the sound abit more powerful and you could know just listen compare.

Question is any issue with inspection?

Any spanker/135 team share is it able to pass if mod 63/65 block??

http://i.imgur.com/qDqVHNR.png

• 1 month later...
Hi guys . Just wanna know, i had my road tax insurance and road tax expired 2 months back. But my bike was in the workshop and i didnt declare lay up. Is there any major offence to it?

just have to pay the road tax late payment penalty after you send ur bike for inspection and renew ur insurance...cheers

I ride at 70km/hr only...please please dont blow2 at me or overtake me dangerously....wait i change into Incredible Hulk n dont know why my little baby bike will always be ahead of u if u do that

• 2 months later...

hey yall, got a few questions about taking over my friend's bike. hopefully this is the right place to ask...

1. Is towing the only legal way to send a lay up bike for inspection?

2. If send to bike shop for repair, can shop help to send for inspection?

2. Can inspection and IU installation be done on the same day?

hey yall, got a few questions about taking over my friend's bike. hopefully this is the right place to ask...

1. of coz its the only legal way but then of coz since u want to take over the bike...just an idea...ask ur fren to illegally ride the bike to the nearest inspection centre to do inspection and ride back.....den u go w him to lta with u first buiying ur insurance from the day u take over....den do ownership transfer den at the same time renew road tax...

2. Even better if you have the cash to burn......send to shop and they can help u send for inspection....

3. ask how much the shop to change second hand iu....cheers...

There is another way. You could push the bike to the inspection centre. :o

If you have the finances and since you sending it to a shop for repairs you can get a shop to do all those. :cool:

KRGT-1

• 6 months later...

Racing foot rest fail, I just failed for racing foot rest. No chance no Cham siong. Pass for many years already..only this year no give chance.

As for insurance, Can try watsapp or call Terence 9362 3352 if need insurance. Car or motorbike also can. I use him for all my cars & bikes.

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/05/16/bikepics-589321-full.jpg

Racing foot rest fail, I just failed for racing foot rest. No chance no Cham siong. Pass for many years already..only this year no give chance.

As for insurance, Can try watsapp or call Terence 9362 3352 if need insurance. Car or motorbike also can. I use him for all my cars & bikes.

but they still pass your inspection right?

Current Ride:

W650 Cafe Racer

FXSTC Softail Custom

TW200 Tracker

Zephyr ZII Custom

CB750K

CB400four

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/IMG_0627_zps0816850b.jpg

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n166/sgstreetbiker/EBC0B2D1-5DB8-412B-BE85-D4E7DE4F0247-9859-000001DA1BB41B2E.jpg

but they still pass your inspection right?

All along past 15 years all "partial" pass...this time I beg until wanna cry. F@Arker said NO. Go change

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/05/16/bikepics-589321-full.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys!

My exhaust headers on my 2005 Yamaha YBR125 is starting to get rusty. I want to paint over those rusted patches on my exhaust headers to prevent further rusting. My question: can my bike pass LTA inspection? I dont want to change to new headers and pipe because my bike COE left 3 more years only.

Thanks.

[2005 Yamaha YBR 125]

http://i945.photobucket.com/albums/ad291/crazydj_sgbikes/WarningMagicalFuelPenguins2.jpg?t=1261137815

Shouldn't fail since you don't involve welding. But honestly I doubt painting high temp paint will last - mine just evaporate off no matters how many times or how many layers I apply.

Also, i would prefer not to respray the entire header if the original paintwork is still there. New paintwork will eat into the old paintwork, resulting even those used to be ok portions to lose their paint and start rusting.

Now mine just leave it to rust. Rust still ok for me, as long as it dun corrode.