SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

Hi guys, my s4 spec3 giving me some slight problems.

Anyone here ever encountered while cruising at gear 6, it suddenly slips to neutral and my throttle is suddenly so light. When I throttle it doesnt move and I have to down gear for the gear to engage. And while slowing down my bike jerks back and forth. Anyone have any idea why?

if not wrong gear 6 spoiled

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys need some advice here. I'm riding a spec1.

Recently I have found the left side of my engine to be leaking, most likely engine oil I think (not too sure if its petrol..?).

The problem is it doesn't leak when it's stationary, it only leaks when the bike is moving, and the e/o will get sprayed all over my left leg.

Anyone has any idea as to what's the problem here?

"Say 'what' again. Say 'what' again, I dare you, I double dare you *bleep*, say what one more Goddamn time!" Jules

Hi guys need some advice here. I'm riding a spec1.

Recently I have found the left side of my engine to be leaking, most likely engine oil I think (not too sure if its petrol..?).

The problem is it doesn't leak when it's stationary, it only leaks when the bike is moving, and the e/o will get sprayed all over my left leg.

Anyone has any idea as to what's the problem here?

Bro,

post photos.

At least we all can make an educated guess based on the actual leaking area.

just my $0.02 :angel:

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

Hey guys, need help here! I wanted to DIY my speedo bulb. So I removed the headlight screw first, followed by the 3 screws behind the speedo cover. Then I realised the middle and left screws got stucked to the broken screw holder (hole). It's hard for me to explain but I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to explain. Now the broken screw holders answered my question to why theres a wire holding the meter casing to the main display. Question is in order to fix this broken screw holder, must I purchase a new speedometer set or is it possible to just change the plastic set? Another solution would be to glue the screw holder to the main display but of course it'll be temporary before another gluing has to be done again. Thanks!

Hey guys, need help here! I wanted to DIY my speedo bulb. So I removed the headlight screw first, followed by the 3 screws behind the speedo cover. Then I realised the middle and left screws got stucked to the broken screw holder (hole). It's hard for me to explain but I hope you guys understand what I'm trying to explain. Now the broken screw holders answered my question to why theres a wire holding the meter casing to the main display. Question is in order to fix this broken screw holder, must I purchase a new speedometer set or is it possible to just change the plastic set? Another solution would be to glue the screw holder to the main display but of course it'll be temporary before another gluing has to be done again. Thanks!

It's okay..

Just bare with it

Mine is broken too

Hi s4 riders! Do anyone know why my time and milage will always reset whenever i ON and OFF my bike. Riding vtec 1. Thanks ((:

Moat likely ur magnetic coil is gonna spoilt.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

06/08/07 --passed Class 2B (3rd attempt)

15/04/09 --passed Class 2A (1st attempt)

01/09/11 --passed Class 2 (2nd attempt)

Hi s4 riders! Do anyone know why my time and milage will always reset whenever i ON and OFF my bike. Riding vtec 1. Thanks ((:

Check your fuse box ...

Prolly the fuse for the time n milage is not sitting properly .. Check that out

Dnt seem to find a link of coil to reset of time n milage

bros,

my spec 1 speedometer hor, suddenly cannot work, but the rpm meter is okay.

but then hor, is intermittent leh, cannot work, then after awhile the speedo okay again, then after that off again

like on off on off

what could be the problem ah?

Yamaha x1

Honda super 4 spec 1

:cheers:

bros,

but then hor, is intermittent leh, cannot work, then after awhile the speedo okay again, then after that off again

like on off on off

Connector loose. Try open up meter casing & check the wire.

you can just change the case if you want but original case will cost you at least $200.

pirated ones cost around $120. but pirated ones you can tell that the surface finishing not really good but it's all up to you.

2012 - 2015: Honda CB400 Spec3

you can just change the case if you want but original case will cost you at least $200.

pirated ones cost around $120. but pirated ones you can tell that the surface finishing not really good but it's all up to you.

Original is from fjt? How about the imitation ones? Where do I get it? Thanks

bros,

like on off on off

i was quoted by bike shop to change my speedo censor for 145 + 5x to change my coolant cos he say the speedo censor is inside covered by the coolant hose

advise?

Yamaha x1

Honda super 4 spec 1

bros,

like on off on off

i was quoted by bike shop to change my speedo censor for 145 + 5x to change my coolant cos he say the speedo censor is inside covered by the coolant hose

advise?

Yamaha x1

Honda super 4 spec 1

advise?

you should just walk away and never go back.

change speedo sensor will never affect the coolant or any other parts.

price range for speedo sensor is SGD120 +/-

advise?

+1

That's a fine example for BS marketing at work. :gun:

If change speedo sensor can affect coolant, I wonder what else this "mech" knows.

this is unethical!

(not to flame or whatever, but) for the benefit of the rest of our s4, kindly update us of this "workshop". or at least pm me.

it'll be in my personal blacklist, at least.

just my $0.02 :angel:

Goodee hor hot goodee... Mat witz sebastian! :p

Original is from fjt? How about the imitation ones? Where do I get it? Thanks

from what i know is wing yap motor has it, republic motor also has it. the price for both the shops about the same. i not sure original ones from where but that was what i was told by diff shops that i asked around.

2012 - 2015: Honda CB400 Spec3

thats what i did, i walked away, and its the salesperson who told me this.

okay mayb i shld rephrase my sentences, they told me the speedo censor, is located somewhere hard to get to, so need to take out the coolant hose to access to it, which results to needed to change coolant as well.

i apologize if what i previously said "speedo censor is inside covered by the coolant hose"

Yamaha x1

Honda super 4 spec 1

thats what i did, i walked away, and its the salesperson who told me this.

okay mayb i shld rephrase my sentences, they told me the speedo censor, is located somewhere hard to get to, so need to take out the coolant hose to access to it, which results to needed to change coolant as well.

i apologize if what i previously said "speedo censor is inside covered by the coolant hose"

No worries.

It does require some hard work to access to the speedo sensor but there's no need to replace other items.

did u go to the place that start with U at Tohguan?