SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

How often do you guys to up your coolant? It seems that my cb400 drink alot.

almost never. if drink alot could be leaking from somewhere. previously my coolant tubes were leaking cauz the clamp was not fully tightened. maybe you could check yours. any coloured stains would tell you where the coolant is leaking. if not then probably is ur coolant bottle not closed properly.

2012 - 2015: Honda CB400 Spec3

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, i'm riding a Spec2 and would like ask if anyone have had experienced the following,

1) Batt is brand new. Rectifier is brand new. When riding, can see voltage fluctuating from 11.8v to 13.1v on voltmeter so i assume should be charging but as each day pass by, i see voltage on the voltmeter seems to be depleting at idle voltage around 11.8v to 10.8v. I use multimeter to check...voltage is around 12v. What could be the problem?

2) Whenever i depress brake, the idle drops really low. Sometimes feels like it's going to stall. Any ideas what could be the issue?

3) Any ideas where could be the leak?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]304904[/ATTACH]

Thanks.

looking at the photo it looks exactly like what happened to mine. and it was due to coolant pump leaking. to double confirm, start your bike and hold your rev around 3-4k. once the bike starts to heat up the pump should kick in. if it is the pump you should see the coolant leaking from the bottom of the pump and could be leaking quite abit.

almost never. if drink alot could be leaking from somewhere. previously my coolant tubes were leaking cauz the clamp was not fully tightened. maybe you could check yours. any coloured stains would tell you where the coolant is leaking. if not then probably is ur coolant bottle not closed properly.

There's no stain and sign of leaking. I think my mechanic does not bleed my coolant properly because I did sent my bike for coolant flush. But thanks anyway justforme, i'll still monitor my coolant.

There's no stain and sign of leaking. I think my mechanic does not bleed my coolant properly because I did sent my bike for coolant flush. But thanks anyway justforme, i'll still monitor my coolant.

If this is the case..replace your radiator filler cap..likely the rubber seal is crack, harden and worn and coolant vapors is escaping from there under the tank where u can see. Go LAB buy a 1:1 radiator cap..cheap cheap.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

If this is the case..replace your radiator filler cap..likely the rubber seal is crack, harden and worn and coolant vapors is escaping from there under the tank where u can see. Go LAB buy a 1:1 radiator cap..cheap cheap.

It's working fine now. If not, i have to refill every two days and only happen twice. The third time it doesn't drop to below the lower level. I'm traveling same distance everyday. Thanks, next time i'll know where to check if the problem still persist.

Hi bros, newbie S4 rider here... Any revo riders here experice some knocking sound? Very subtle but can feel it go Tok Tok Tok.... Only at idle can hear... Bike is less than 2k km....

Hi bros, newbie S4 rider here... Any revo riders here experice some knocking sound? Very subtle but can feel it go Tok Tok Tok.... Only at idle can hear... Bike is less than 2k km....

Maybe you can tell us where the sound came from? I suspect that it could be your chain.

Suspect could b EO not enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking to buy partial or fully damaged iPhone 3GS/4/4S/5, PM me for discussion

Q: While riding on the e'way (constant speed) my meter gauge shut off (needle goes to 0) & HISS lights start to blink. Then the both needles went up and down (like when turning on ignition). This keep happening while riding. When I got off the e'way and change to lower gear..engine suddenly shut off and can't start...No battery. Only after a "push start" can the bike be started. After reaching destination (abt 2mins later), I switch off and ON via ignition and the bike can start normally. Anyone has any idea what may cause this ??.

Q: While riding on the e'way (constant speed) my meter gauge shut off (needle goes to 0) & HISS lights start to blink. Then the both needles went up and down (like when turning on ignition). This keep happening while riding. When I got off the e'way and change to lower gear..engine suddenly shut off and can't start...No battery. Only after a "push start" can the bike be started. After reaching destination (abt 2mins later), I switch off and ON via ignition and the bike can start normally. Anyone has any idea what may cause this ??.

It could be that your kill switch is spoil and also have your battery check just in case it's your battery.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

when braking at slow speeds, the front fork keep "juddering" or "rebounding" alot , like as if the braking on the disc is uneven. i tout it was the brake pads ,which i just changed as it was worn out , but nv solve the issue. i ask one motortiam at Yishun Indus there he say oil in fork not enough. M jus looking for advice and cost of solving it.

another question is my rear showa shocks are leaking. Previous owner serviced it in sept 2013. JUs need advice on whether to re service or to purchase new shocks, motortiam quote YSS shocks $300+ . worth it or not ah?

Hi,

when braking at slow speeds, the front fork keep "juddering" or "rebounding" alot , like as if the braking on the disc is uneven. i tout it was the brake pads ,which i just changed as it was worn out , but nv solve the issue. i ask one motortiam at Yishun Indus there he say oil in fork not enough. M jus looking for advice and cost of solving it.

another question is my rear showa shocks are leaking. Previous owner serviced it in sept 2013. JUs need advice on whether to re service or to purchase new shocks, motortiam quote YSS shocks $300+ . worth it or not ah?

Hi,

Im having the same problem for my front brakes... up till now i got no solutions.. lol. hopefully some kind soul who has s solution can tell us.

Im having the same problem for my front brakes... up till now i got no solutions.. lol. hopefully some kind soul who has s solution can tell us.

Prolly need to Svc your front fork again..

The fork oil maybe have broke down in terms of properties.. Else choose a heavier "weight" oil to counter this prob.. 15W fork oil is abit harder compared to 10W fork oil.. But when it get season, it's just a minor difference.. Prolly Oso just wear n tear & time for u to Svc it

Rear "Servicing" of the shock is CRAP..

Honda doesn't have Original seal for it.. No matter how many times u Svc, it will not gurantee a leak-free shock..

Maybe Oso your Front Brake Pump is spoil.. Making the piston in the master cylinder stuck stuck..

Just ask shop to take a look , or change the Front Brake pump Kit

Tats my tot for you

The fork oil maybe have broke down in terms of properties.. Else choose a heavier "weight" oil to counter this prob.. 15W fork oil is abit harder compared to 10W fork oil.. But when it get season, it's just a minor difference.. Prolly Oso just wear n tear & time for u to Svc it

Honda doesn't have Original seal for it.. No matter how many times u Svc, it will not gurantee a leak-free shock..

Tats my tot for you

Thanks bro. U beat me to a reply hhaha...

what oil u recommend me to get? i have read ur advice pretty much everywhere online but bit loss n don understand what it means. care to share bro?

as for rear shocks, what shocks do u recommend me getting?

Thanks bro. U beat me to a reply hhaha...

what oil u recommend me to get? i have read ur advice pretty much everywhere online but bit loss n don understand what it means. care to share bro?

as for rear shocks, what shocks do u recommend me getting?

I pm u my no

Come down n we have a chat.. Will explain u frm ther.. Easier to understand

Maybe Oso your Front Brake Pump is spoil.. Making the piston in the master cylinder stuck stuck..

Just ask shop to take a look , or change the Front Brake pump Kit

I pm u my no

Come down n we have a chat.. Will explain u frm ther.. Easier to understand

HaiR1 where you stay? got bike shop to recommend? haha.

my brake pump is also as soft as sponge. just this yr feb just replaced my stock brake pump pump kit as it was leaking from the seal. when the pump kit was dismantled it was super rusty but it did not solve the sponge feeling and also the constant jerking during braking.

HaiR1 where you stay? got bike shop to recommend? haha.

my brake pump is also as soft as sponge. just this yr feb just replaced my stock brake pump pump kit as it was leaking from the seal. when the pump kit was dismantled it was super rusty but it did not solve the sponge feeling and also the constant jerking during braking.

I stay at Jurong..

I reccomend @RaceWerks as their mechanics is :thumb::thumb:

Alternatively, do drop by their shop & have them take a look..

Superb worksmanship & knowledgeable mechanic

I stay at Jurong..

I reccomend @RaceWerks as their mechanics is :thumb::thumb:

Alternatively, do drop by their shop & have them take a look..

Superb worksmanship & knowledgeable mechanic

i know about racewerks but they are too far from me as i stay in punggol... are they usually packed during wkdays after work like 6-8pm?