SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

Guyz need help...my super 4 somehow for so long have no power...meaning my bike 100km/h cant chase another 100 or less..instead i got left behind...i change alot of things but still same...

B4 anyone can help..can you tell us what is ur version of S4..Vtec or non?..and what are the things you had changed..what did you tell the mech and what they change did not help.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

B4 anyone can help..can you tell us what is ur version of S4..Vtec or non?..and what are the things you had changed..what did you tell the mech and what they change did not help.

S4 spec 2...vtec...the only thing i had not touch is my sprocket n chain...i changed clutch plate,plug coil bcoz there was once only 2 was burning the other 2 is cold...my block n piston still new...bcoz recently it crack so i change a new set...not first hand...at first the change did help..it when smooth bcoz its new...after a mnth...everything start to like wear off...i did asked one worker at my worplace..he rode quite fast but actually 90km...n in that speed he leaving me behind..i was getting nowhere at 100km...

S4 spec 2...vtec...the only thing i had not touch is my sprocket n chain...i changed clutch plate,plug coil bcoz there was once only 2 was burning the other 2 is cold...my block n piston still new...bcoz recently it crack so i change a new set...not first hand...at first the change did help..it when smooth bcoz its new...after a mnth...everything start to like wear off...i did asked one worker at my worplace..he rode quite fast but actually 90km...n in that speed he leaving me behind..i was getting nowhere at 100km...

The possibilities are many..may be you should check ur engine oil level first..too much..back compression can retard your engine overall performance. What engine oil are you using and how much was put in. Use the inspection window on the right side of your gearbox. Starighten the bike on a level ground while engine is very cold. Oillevel should be at the upper 2nd marking. Check this first.

The possibilities are many..may be you should check ur engine oil level first..too much..back compression can retard your engine overall performance. What engine oil are you using and how much was put in. Use the inspection window on the right side of your gearbox. Starighten the bike on a level ground while engine is very cold. Oillevel should be at the upper 2nd marking. Check this first.

Already did..its above...i use ows engine oil...bcoz of the many possibilities i asked if i missed anything...anyway does spark plug play apart..bcoz i have not touch my spark plug yet...

Already did..its above...i use ows engine oil...bcoz of the many possibilities i asked if i missed anything...anyway does spark plug play apart..bcoz i have not touch my spark plug yet...

One of the possibilities..usually if one of the plug is shorted or excessively worn..you are actually running on 3 cyclinders rather than 4.and exhaust sound bubbly like. You can confirmed only after running up engine at least after 5 mins. After engine has heated up..touch the four header with a quick tap. If there is one that's not hot or running cooler than the rest..time to change your plugs.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick enq. This morning when riding my super4 vtec3 to work, everything seems ok but suddenly when moving off from traffic light, the acceleration seems very weird, as in it dun accelerate smoothly and when reach my office carpark, the engine just stalled. Den I smell a burning smell from my engine.

Den I try to start my bike, it manage to start but same thing, when I turn on my throttle, from rpm 1 to 5 it seems like it have difficulties and not smooth at all.

I check my oil tank and realise my petrol is damn empty, as in fuel really left that abit. Nearest petrol station is abt 1km away and I dunno if I can tong till there anot.

Sorry to ask, izit due to there is no fuel alr or something is wrong with my bike? My vtec3 is going 9yrs old alr..

thanks!!

Just a quick enq. This morning when riding my super4 vtec3 to work, everything seems ok but suddenly when moving off from traffic light, the acceleration seems very weird, as in it dun accelerate smoothly and when reach my office carpark, the engine just stalled. Den I smell a burning smell from my engine.

Den I try to start my bike, it manage to start but same thing, when I turn on my throttle, from rpm 1 to 5 it seems like it have difficulties and not smooth at all.

I check my oil tank and realise my petrol is damn empty, as in fuel really left that abit. Nearest petrol station is abt 1km away and I dunno if I can tong till there anot.

Sorry to ask, izit due to there is no fuel alr or something is wrong with my bike? My vtec3 is going 9yrs old alr..

thanks!!

Top up your petrol 1st n see how it goes..

There's fuel gauge btw

thanks!!

I have got twice for this matter too, first time because my petrol mostly empty and the second matter because one of that spark seem need to be replace with ea new one.

I have got twice for this matter too, first time because my petrol mostly empty and the second matter because one of that spark seem need to be replace with ea new one.

you shld try to topup the moment it hits reserve tank when your meter shows it. for me i personally top up when it shows 1 bar left. although that one bar plus reserve definitely can last me another round around singapore.

2012 - 2015: Honda CB400 Spec3

you shld try to topup the moment it hits reserve tank when your meter shows it. for me i personally top up when it shows 1 bar left. although that one bar plus reserve definitely can last me another round around singapore.

yes, I just got problem with fuel tank indicator on odometer, because I have change my front shock with R6 upside down where I can't use the original odometer. still fix it make it work with my replacement odometer.

thanks you for your advise.

yes, I just got problem with fuel tank indicator on odometer, because I have change my front shock with R6 upside down where I can't use the original odometer. still fix it make it work with my replacement odometer.

thanks you for your advise.

that's interesting, what odometer are you using now?

that's interesting, what odometer are you using now?

I use koso odometer now RX2N and my cb400 still on workshop for installed triumph triple street headlamp, after done, I will take a picture for you.

and I have question or maybe help, do you know where I can buy air filter housing intake on Singapore ? used will be ok, mine beginning to crack in connection Carburetor because of age. and also I'm looking Bagster tank cover too. I can found on my country :(. maybe you can help ?

ps : need to change real shock too, still many homework need to do.

I use koso odometer now RX2N and my cb400 still on workshop for installed triumph triple street headlamp, after done, I will take a picture for you.

and I have question or maybe help, do you know where I can buy air filter housing intake on Singapore ? used will be ok, mine beginning to crack in connection Carburetor because of age. and also I'm looking Bagster tank cover too. I can found on my country :(. maybe you can help ?

ps : need to change real shock too, still many homework need to do.

wow you change so many things almost not cb400 already hahaha. please do upload some photos for me to see... i ever wanted to change to koso too but it's too much work and expensive haha.

no idea about where to get air filter housing. i only know FJT sells parts but not sure if they have it.

http://www.boonsiewhonda.com.sg/boonsiew/dealers.asp?section=parts

i'm not sure if any shop keep stock for bagster right now. but i know Hodaka Motorworld, Unique Motorsport and Wing Yap Motor all sells bagster. maybe you can call them up to check. let me know the price too if they do have stock i know the usual price is 165-185 hahaha

btw just curious, spec3 shouldnt be too old why are you changing so many parts?

Edited by justforme

wow you change so many things almost not cb400 already hahaha. please do upload some photos for me to see... i ever wanted to change to koso too but it's too much work and expensive haha.

no idea about where to get air filter housing. i only know FJT sells parts but not sure if they have it.

http://www.boonsiewhonda.com.sg/boonsiew/dealers.asp?section=parts

i'm not sure if any shop keep stock for bagster right now. but i know Hodaka Motorworld, Unique Motorsport and Wing Yap Motor all sells bagster. maybe you can call them up to check. let me know the price too if they do have stock i know the usual price is 165-185 hahaha

btw just curious, spec3 shouldnt be too old why are you changing so many parts?

yeah, I want make it a little different, make it not so mainstream in the road :D. sure I will upload pictures after done later. I still fit that Triumph triple street head lamp on my super four. for change with Koso odometer not so difficult as long you understand the wiring of your motorcycle, I believe you can do it :D.

for that RX2N odometer on here almost $200 US Dollar.

Thanks you for your info for that link, I will try contact them and for Bagster tank cover some store can't make a shipping to my country, if yes that shipping postage really high. maybe I need go to Singapore for looking them :D.

and for your curious, I forget let you know if mine not spec3 but super four 1998, really ugly when I got it, that way I totally changed that parts. some I have change is:

for engine, I have bore up till 650cc, for wheels, I use Yamaha R6 front and real with 6" inches for real rim and 2,5" inches for front rim and tire 160/55 for real and 120/55 for front tire. and like I said before I use upside down from R6 too. swing arm use from vtec including real body. for odomoter use KOSO RX2N, head lamp from Triumph Triple street 2012, exhaust I use Termignoni carbon. and during fit that head lamp, I still made custom side radiator cover too from fiber, wish that will finished soon.

actually, I want looking another super four too for built another style, that is cafe racer style, seem that really nice style in this time.

I doing that all because I love modified my motorcycle, built a dream motorcycle is really so excited :D. I think you understand it what I mean :D.

yeah, I want make it a little different, make it not so mainstream in the road :D. sure I will upload pictures after done later. I still fit that Triumph triple street head lamp on my super four. for change with Koso odometer not so difficult as long you understand the wiring of your motorcycle, I believe you can do it :D.

Thanks you for your info for that link, I will try contact them and for Bagster tank cover some store can't make a shipping to my country, if yes that shipping postage really high. maybe I need go to Singapore for looking them :D.

and for your curious, I forget let you know if mine not spec3 but super four 1998, really ugly when I got it, that way I totally changed that parts. some I have change is:

for engine, I have bore up till 650cc, for wheels, I use Yamaha R6 front and real with 6" inches for real rim and 2,5" inches for front rim and tire 160/55 for real and 120/55 for front tire. and like I said before I use upside down from R6 too. swing arm use from vtec including real body. for odomoter use KOSO RX2N, head lamp from Triumph Triple street 2012, exhaust I use Termignoni carbon. and during fit that head lamp, I still made custom side radiator cover too from fiber, wish that will finished soon.

actually, I want looking another super four too for built another style, that is cafe racer style, seem that really nice style in this time.

I doing that all because I love modified my motorcycle, built a dream motorcycle is really so excited :D. I think you understand it what I mean :D.

wow, lucky for you that your bike doesn't have to go through inspection like singapore does yearly. with all the modification i'm sure my bike will never pass the inspection. all your modification seems too high level for me haha i only make minor changes mostly cosmetics. recently just did a major brake caliper clean up haha.

Im so envious that you could do all those things! U must really like using ur hands!

Hi all,

i would like to send my bike for engine oil change and maybe a check of my carb..

current mileage per take is about 16km/l is this normal for a spec 2?

any recommended shop to intro?

i just got the bike for 2 mths and first servicing was done at unique

Hi all,

i would like to send my bike for engine oil change and maybe a check of my carb..

Hi bro, you can try bike dynamic.

Personally I prefer them.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Long Live the Dream.

Hi all,

Wah 16km/l is like riding class 2 bike. U can try republic motor at kaki bukit

Hello,Need help just got my Spec 1, Is this normal that each time you engage to gear 1 and 2 you can feel the gear sound engage but when you engage to higher gear will it still sound knocking like the 1st and 2nd gear? When I go to 3,4 sometime I can feel/heard the gear sound engage. Can anyone help. Thanks

Hello,Need help just got my Spec 1, Is this normal that each time you engage to gear 1 and 2 you can feel the gear sound engage but when you engage to higher gear will it still sound knocking like the 1st and 2nd gear? When I go to 3,4 sometime I can feel/heard the gear sound engage. Can anyone help. Thanks

I think it's time for you to changed eo if you have not changed it.