SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry if this have been posted before. May I know which are the Legal exhaust (Brand and model) for the lastest

Revo ?

Bro abit of researching does help. But nevertheless here is one link for u.

1. http://www.uniquemotorsports.com.sg/index.php/EconfigPressevent/Download?value=Q1.pdf

2. http://www.teamhklracing.com/New_Exhaust.htm

P.s. In no way m I affiliated to the above shops. I jus showing u what's out there.

How to reset time for spec 2? Must hold the button on the right is it? For how long?

you mean set time? i don't think there is reset button, but you can do it if you disconnect the cable to your meter from your battery. the connector is in the headlight.

to set the time press and hold both left and right button until it blinks. for more instructions please refer to the manual.

2012 - 2015: Honda CB400 Spec3

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys! Hope this thread can help me with an issue that I'm currently facing. Pardon as this is my first time posting a thread!

My Super4 had an oil leakage at the top block that I did not rectify the problem for months due to a health condition. I was then told by the mechanic (I prefer not to name the shop so as not to create any bad name for the company) that the parts in my top block/engine are in really bad shape due to the leakage that I have to send it for an OVERHAUL. And I was quoted a price of $6K plus.

Is this the standard price for a CB400 overhaul? Any shops to recommend?

Hey guys! Hope this thread can help me with an issue that I'm currently facing. Pardon as this is my first time posting a thread!

My Super4 had an oil leakage at the top block that I did not rectify the problem for months due to a health condition. I was then told by the mechanic (I prefer not to name the shop so as not to create any bad name for the company) that the parts in my top block/engine are in really bad shape due to the leakage that I have to send it for an OVERHAUL. And I was quoted a price of $6K plus.

6k sounds alil' too expensive.. try checking with other shops

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Long Live the Dream.

6k sounds alil' too expensive.. try checking with other shops

wow 6k... unless your machine is super new, i recommend you selling the bike, get the cash and plus the 6k for downpayment to get a new bike even more worth it.

if $6000/10 to change all piston and top block maybe still ok lol

6K..faint..faint..faint..can use $3k downpayment and installament for a new bike of get another Vtec with 5 yrs or more COE left. Your problem is just head gasket blown. Just changed that and don't agree to change or service anything else. Should be $160 to $180. Extra cost comes from they say this change that change especially Vlaves, Shims, seals, etc..NO POINT IN DOING bekuz its an old bike..here new there old..nothing works properly together and sooner of later..it can get worst than instead better. So..just find a shop to have the head gasket replace.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, anyone knows the reason why during idling, the voltage can go up till 14.0v , but during acceleration the voltage drops?

I have already changed magnetic coil, rectifier & battery..

Riding spec 2

Sent from my SM-C115 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Long Live the Dream.

Hi guys, anyone knows the reason why during idling, the voltage can go up till 14.0v , but during acceleration the voltage drops?

I have already changed magnetic coil, rectifier & battery..

Riding spec 2

Sent from my SM-C115 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

this is normal... 14v shows that your battery is in good condition. when running voltage should be constant at around 12.4.

when low battery it shows around 11.4 when idling

this is normal... 14v shows that your battery is in good condition. when running voltage should be constant at around 12.4.

when low battery it shows around 11.4 when idling

Hi bro, thanks for replying :)

But over time, the voltage I see when I first switched on the bike daily, it seems to be gradually dropping..

Any idea if it could the 2-way spy alarm causing this, or something else?

Long Live the Dream.

Hi bro, thanks for replying :)

But over time, the voltage I see when I first switched on the bike daily, it seems to be gradually dropping..

Any idea if it could the 2-way spy alarm causing this, or something else?

when you first switch on the voltage is usually not the same. as long as it stays around the same range then it's safe.

i can't say what voltage everyone bike should be at as each bike might not show the exact voltage reading due to different wire installation location and different accessories on the bike.

an indication of low battery is when it shows near 11 when you just turn your key.

as a reference, my lousy voltmeter lowest voltage reading is 11.4 any lower it shows 0 volt. initially i thought my voltmeter is gone already but on a morning around a mth later i cant start my bike hahahaha.

when you first switch on the voltage is usually not the same. as long as it stays around the same range then it's safe.

i can't say what voltage everyone bike should be at as each bike might not show the exact voltage reading due to different wire installation location and different accessories on the bike.

an indication of low battery is when it shows near 11 when you just turn your key.

as a reference, my lousy voltmeter lowest voltage reading is 11.4 any lower it shows 0 volt. initially i thought my voltmeter is gone already but on a morning around a mth later i cant start my bike hahahaha.

But its kinda strange isn't it? Its like the battery isn't charging while accelerating..

Long Live the Dream.

But its kinda strange isn't it? Its like the battery isn't charging while accelerating..

actually you can't really tell if the battery is charging unless you connect your voltmeter directly to the battery. most commonly (i can say 99%) of the time the voltmeter is connected to the headlight wiring which means it is only measuring the voltage drop across the bulb instead of voltage of the battery.

also from what i know, when your rev goes higher than a certain rpm most of the power goes to your spark plugs instead of for charging of battery. if i'm not wrong it's 5k rpm, someone please correct me if they know the actual rpm.

if anyone is interested, i can take a simple video of my voltmeter and upload here. (when switch on, when engine is running and when reving)

Can i check why my IU is not detected when i pass through eps or erp?

when i start the bike it shows a reading, low batt. but it cannot detect when i going through EPS or ERP.

TIA

Super 4 spec3

I've heard of cases where the new slim type iu unit drains the batt over some time.. or maybe a faulty iu / just a weak batt? Maybe......

Long Live the Dream.