SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Q&A] SBF CB400 Official Q&A Thread 2009 (PLS ASK YOUR QUESTIONS HERE!)

PaLmEr

Hi guys, need help here regarding high coolant temperature indicator. It lights up once in a while when riding but i've check with my mechanic to troubleshoot the problem. Waterpump, thermostat, coolant hose & radiator fan still in working condition. Anyone knows what could be the problem? Could there be wiring problem/clogged radiator? Thanks.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, need help here regarding high coolant temperature indicator. It lights up once in a while when riding but i've check with my mechanic to troubleshoot the problem. Waterpump, thermostat, coolant hose & radiator fan still in working condition. Anyone knows what could be the problem? Could there be wiring problem/clogged radiator? Thanks.

ur meter not original can cause tt also.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

06/08/07 --passed Class 2B (3rd attempt)

15/04/09 --passed Class 2A (1st attempt)

01/09/11 --passed Class 2 (2nd attempt)

ur meter not original can cause tt also.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

yes chiong meter the temp indicator will light up sometimes due to shorting. my ver s having this problem also, no problem with the cooling system

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

if you want to get another aftermarket meter electronic board i have one that i got from a reputable shop that is for spec3. if you are interested you can pm me.

DSC_0210 (1024x768).jpg

Edited by justforme

2012 - 2015: Honda CB400 Spec3

[Q]

My 8th year Honda S4 VTEC III is experiencing these 3 issues:

1) Poor acceleration during moving off

2) Poor acceleration after making a corner

3) Rpm seems to fluctuate while stalling

I believe that it's due to one/two items that needs to be changed. Please please please advice.

Hello , Ive got a few QN.

1) Does any of ur S4 get overheated easily ? i travelled from Tuas to Hougang then to JB . with 15mins stopping in between. End up my engine got overheated when i was in JB. Sigh.. after letting it to cool down , manage to start again.

2) i would like to change my Spec2 tailboard to Spec3 , any recommended places that is good and decent pricing ? Because ive heard my fren saying that going to vicom at khaki bukit can pass with changed tailboard.

3) when i do cornering at low speed, sometimes i feel that my frontwheel is controlling me.. :( i am not sure if there is smth wrong or issit coz im small size...

1) Does any of ur S4 get overheated easily ? i travelled from Tuas to Hougang then to JB . with 15mins stopping in between. End up my engine got overheated when i was in JB. Sigh.. after letting it to cool down , manage to start again.

2) i would like to change my Spec2 tailboard to Spec3 , any recommended places that is good and decent pricing ? Because ive heard my fren saying that going to vicom at khaki bukit can pass with changed tailboard.

3) when i do cornering at low speed, sometimes i feel that my frontwheel is controlling me.. :( i am not sure if there is smth wrong or issit coz im small size...

1) nope didnt overheat before even on hot day or going through the burning MCE-KPE tunnel.

2) i saw wing yap motor has carbon tailboard for spec3 but no idea on the quality/pricing. if you want to see standard pricing you can check unique motor website.

3) it is possible that your tyre pressure is too low. i had this problem previously then i found out that the petrol station air pump is not pumping to the pressure that it is shown

- Good to not mentioned which centre. By right you will fail. By left, your luck.

No point play Hide & Seek with LTA on the road

- Check tyre pressure

Wheel bearing

Fork

[Q]

My 8th year Honda S4 VTEC III is experiencing these 3 issues:

1) Poor acceleration during moving off

2) Poor acceleration after making a corner

3) Rpm seems to fluctuate while stalling

I believe that it's due to one/two items that needs to be changed. Please please please advice.

Check your:

-SparkPlug

-AirFilter

-Synchronise your carb

-Yourself

Hi all, today was riding as per norm then suddenly the engine light on the top left came on. Orange in colour. I stopped awhile and continued riding after. Shortly, the speedometer did not work, but the tachometer still is. I also noticed the idling went down to 1 instead of my norm which is 1.5. Anyone encountered this before? Much appreciate in advance for your inputs.

Lookin good in dem jeans,

Look even better with ME in between

Hi all, today was riding as per norm then suddenly the engine light on the top left came on. Orange in colour. I stopped awhile and continued riding after. Shortly, the speedometer did not work, but the tachometer still is. I also noticed the idling went down to 1 instead of my norm which is 1.5. Anyone encountered this before? Much appreciate in advance for your inputs.

Bike which spec?

Dear All & Rider,

Thank you for reading. Sorry for highjet and have a good day.

Somepart have left over in the store-room and did not clear off when sell off the bike.

CB400SF*:

a. Brake pump only for Front wheel. Bought form Car/bike Scarp industrial located at sungei kadut, as my pre S4 brake no function very well, I thought is the pump spoilt, so buy one thinking to change. At the end is brake pad worn out. Bought at $60, sell it at $30 for people who need it or for replacement.

b. 1 Pair Original S4 mirror, take out form my previous S4. Sell it at $30.

* Take all at $55.

All above selling price is FIX, i already give my best offer.

Thank you for reading, and if interested, you can reach me at 81022843 by call, SMS or whatsapp.

Ride Fast, Think Safe;

Ride Safe, Arrive Alive;

Give way, Be patient;

Love your family, Love your life!:cheeky:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have been riding for super 4 spec 3 for quite some time but i dont feel the power of my vtec. what could be the possibilities? my view of vtec i assume is when it is on, you will feel a sudden "pull back", correct me if i am wrong.

如果能让我回到过去,

我ä¸ä¼šå†ä¸¢å¤±ä»»ä½•çš„机会,

也ä¸ä¼šæŠŠè¿™å‡ å¹´å‘对你说的è¯è—在心上。

我会紧紧抓ç€ä½ çš„手,

抱ç€ä½ ï¼Œå¯¹ä½ è¯´å£°ï¼š

“我爱你ï¼â€

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee267/saDdy_J/Bike/img1146editted.jpg

Hi, i have been riding for super 4 spec 3 for quite some time but i dont feel the power of my vtec. what could be the possibilities? my view of vtec i assume is when it is on, you will feel a sudden "pull back", correct me if i am wrong.

The Vtec cut on feel of a Vtec 1 and 3 is different..Spec 3 is more mild and gentle and that's suppose to be an improvement. If you want better performance..get the right Eo and do a proper grounding...you get to recover 3-4 horsepower depending on your current bike conditions.

Stupid Hurts!.:giddy:Speed doesn't kill, mistakes does :faint:

BEER!...it's cheaper than fuel now! DRINK!..DON'T RIDE!

The Vtec cut on feel of a Vtec 1 and 3 is different..Spec 3 is more mild and gentle and that's suppose to be an improvement. If you want better performance..get the right Eo and do a proper grounding...you get to recover 3-4 horsepower depending on your current bike conditions.

boss how much is your EO and grounding? your ground cables got colours?

hi. thanks for your input. but what EO u using? is there any DIY tutorial on how to do grounding? thanks.

如果能让我回到过去,

我ä¸ä¼šå†ä¸¢å¤±ä»»ä½•çš„机会,

也ä¸ä¼šæŠŠè¿™å‡ å¹´å‘对你说的è¯è—在心上。

我会紧紧抓ç€ä½ çš„手,

抱ç€ä½ ï¼Œå¯¹ä½ è¯´å£°ï¼š

“我爱你ï¼â€

http://i230.photobucket.com/albums/ee267/saDdy_J/Bike/img1146editted.jpg

Hello S4 bros, I have two problems with my super four and would like to ask if anyone encounter similar experience and what are the fixes.

Problem 1: When starting my bike, the headlights turned off by itself for a few seconds and turned on afterwards by itself. Both low and high beam all ok. At times, the lights won't turn on thus I need to turn my bike off and then on again.

Problem 2: My temperature light indicator turned on by itself and then off again when my bike is on the move. Coolant is still sufficient and fan is not on.

I do hope S4 bros and orang lamas has solutions to this. Thanks in advance bros!!

Super 4 Spec 3

No overhaul

2016 expire

Everything standard

No grounding

Sent from my C6603 using Tapatalk

Yamaha Rxz 135 (Stolen) - '03

Kawasaki Krr 150 (Sold) - '03 to '05

Honda CB400 Spec1 (Sold) - '05 to '09

Yamaha 125z (Current) - '09 till i get a suzuki to complete the makes lol :cool:

Hello S4 bros, I have two problems with my super four and would like to ask if anyone encounter similar experience and what are the fixes.

Problem 1: When starting my bike, the headlights turned off by itself for a few seconds and turned on afterwards by itself. Both low and high beam all ok. At times, the lights won't turn on thus I need to turn my bike off and then on again.

Problem 2: My temperature light indicator turned on by itself and then off again when my bike is on the move. Coolant is still sufficient and fan is not on.

I do hope S4 bros and orang lamas has solutions to this. Thanks in advance bros!!

Super 4 Spec 3

No overhaul

2016 expire

Everything standard

No grounding

problem 1: off for sec and on again is normal when you start your engine. after your engine is started no light, your ignition button is stuck. happened to mine to. i just use my finger to flick it and the light will be back.

Finger-Flick150-100.jpg

problem 2: you have to go to a shop and let them determine what is spoilt. if can be your fan and/or coolant pump.

Hi bros, thanks for thr reply.. For the headlight I've yet to check them and for the temperature indicator light problem I've experienced an incident which explains the event. While riding earlier, the coolant rubbery tube thing burst and splattered on my feet (quite hot in e beginning) and after that the light was not on at all. I conclude it is due to choking in e tube.

Yamaha Rxz 135 (Stolen) - '03

Kawasaki Krr 150 (Sold) - '03 to '05

Honda CB400 Spec1 (Sold) - '05 to '09

Yamaha 125z (Current) - '09 till i get a suzuki to complete the makes lol :cool:

Does wrapping ur end can makes it rust? i've read it somewhere someone advise against wrapping ur end can as it will eventually rust the end can itself...anyone know its true?

i want to make my shiny stock end can colorful :sweat:

Edited by exwhyzee

'97 CB400 F3V (NC31) :cool: