SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Group] SBF Yamaha X-1r 135

blackflys

• Replies 22.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know where can i get IU covers (like those leather jacket cover) for the new gen IU?!? and roughly how much will is cost?

My just change my IU recently because of one day i didnt cover my bike in camp and it rained, and my IU just spoil like that.

I dont wish to keep going down to Vicom then keep changing my IUs. Its' troublesome.

So please advise, where to get the cover or is there anything better!!!

Thank you!

Its the lousy design of the IU. The lousy design suitable for cars and never bikes. Not surprised. When were bikes ever thought of when implementing anything? The so called IU jacket will not work much. Its basically like riding in the rain with your handphone in your raincoat pocket unzipped. Sad to say the only solution is to cover your bike or cover the IU with zip-lock. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

go ah boy see see look look

Ya lor. HAHA! Later going. So wanna ask are.

Its the lousy design of the IU. The lousy design suitable for cars and never bikes. Not surprised. When were bikes ever thought of when implementing anything? The so called IU jacket will not work much. Its basically like riding in the rain with your handphone in your raincoat pocket unzipped. Sad to say the only solution is to cover your bike or cover the IU with zip-lock. :cool:

ROFL! Really got so lousy anot?

But ah, i changed like a lot of times liao.

Just lucky they don't charge for it. IF NOT singapore government is going to be even richer. HAHAHA!

I see other people one quite ok leg. BUT i nv see the IU jacket for the new one before. I only see people use for the old one.

(Honda NSR150SP, 2000) FR2**1U -------->2009 to 2011

(Suzuki GSXR600K7, 2006) FBC3**C ------>2011 to 2013

(Yamaha X1R, 2008) FBC6**6E ------------>2013 to 2014

(Aprilia RSV4 Factory, 2010) FBE3**7P --->2014 to 2015

Ride safe and you will be able to enjoy every ride in your life till old. :thumb:

Ya lor. HAHA! Later going. So wanna ask are.

ROFL! Really got so lousy anot?

But ah, i changed like a lot of times liao.

Just lucky they don't charge for it. IF NOT singapore government is going to be even richer. HAHAHA!

I see other people one quite ok leg. BUT i nv see the IU jacket for the new one before. I only see people use for the old one.

They too rich already. Buy bike must pay for IU. Use IU go through gantry also must pay. Basically paying for something to pay some more. :cool:

KRGT-1

I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride my bike..I want to ride my bicycle I want to ride it where I like..

Anyone facing fuse break problem? I changed a new fuse and somehow it only last me for

Need some enlightenment! What could be the possible cause? Thanks!

Check all your wirings to see if all connections are connected properly & not exposed which may cause short circuit, especially when exposed to rain.

Anyone know where can i get IU covers (like those leather jacket cover) for the new gen IU?!? and roughly how much will is cost?

My just change my IU recently because of one day i didnt cover my bike in camp and it rained, and my IU just spoil like that.

I dont wish to keep going down to Vicom then keep changing my IUs. Its' troublesome.

So please advise, where to get the cover or is there anything better!!!

Thank you!

If rainwater seep into the card slot, head to bikeshop and ask them to use the air gun and blow into the card slot. Just happened to my bike just now & i did that. It worked fine after that.

If gone case liao, go change at Vicom lor.

If you insist in getting the IU leather cover, you can get it at Auntie Shop. Price wise, head over & ask.

If problem still persist, change your IU position or tilting angle.

http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/300x300/37694499.jpg

KRGT-1

Does changing to aftermarket exhuast effects the battery in anyway? Because after installing the exhuast, when i turn on the ignition my voltmeter shows 11.7V. While riding it shows 12.3V. Earlier all was fine. During installation i saw the mech keep electric start the bike around 3 times. Is it because of that? Dammit la!

Before doing any mods, do some research, survey & ask around to understand what you are gonna do and make a informed decision. Not just 'dive' in without knowing the pros & cons. You need to understand how your bike works before changing anything. These questions should be directed to the mech before/during/after modding.

Change pipe got what to do with batt???

Before doing any mods, do some research, survey & ask around to understand what you are gonna do and make a informed decision. Not just 'dive' in without knowing the pros & cons. You need to understand how your bike works before changing anything. These questions should be directed to the mech before/during/after modding.

Ya bro i always do that before modding anything. I know it cannot be due to changing exhuast. I duno weather its because the mech keep electric start the bike many times? As u know bro recently i change new battery and everything is workin fine untill just now...

dun get it, why will u think of illegal pipe lol!

Some have their own likings. :)

Ya bro i always do that before modding anything. I know it cannot be due to changing exhuast. I duno weather its because the mech keep electric start the bike many times? As u know bro recently i change new battery and everything is workin fine untill just now...

Some have their own likings. :)

hmm okay u win this time XD

Be happy for what you have =D

If everyone does that then we will not get to read fun theories people come up with. :cool:

KRGT-1

Does changing to aftermarket exhuast effects the battery in anyway? Because after installing the exhuast, when i turn on the ignition my voltmeter shows 11.7V. While riding it shows 12.3V. Earlier all was fine. During installation i saw the mech keep electric start the bike around 3 times. Is it because of that? Dammit la!

Because ur pipe run by battery and thats y u got the nice "bom bom bom" sound

Be happy for what you have =D

Less than a month I have changed to a new battery and a new rectifier on my X1R as the voltage on my voltmeter reads low. So i suspected it was either my rectifier or batterry. When i had changed both to a new one. My voltmeter shows a normal voltage. I taught the problem was solved. But last week as i went to change to a aftermarket exhuast, when i switch on my ignition, it shows 11.7V. I know it got nth to do with the exhuast. But i seen the mech electric start my bike 3-4 times to test the bike. I duno wats the actual problem. I have change to a new battery and rectifier. Now only suspect left is the magnectic coil. On top of that now every single day i ON my bike idiling, the voltage number will drop one number. Before i change to a new magnetic coil and see if got any changes, anywan knows besides this is there any other thing may have cause this low voltage? Btw today i just realise my brake light is bright. When ever u press the front or rear brake, the light comes rite? That one. Means without pressing the brakes the light is on. Antwan knows wats this overall prob? Before i head down to the bike shop, i wish to know the actual prob by u guys. Thx.

Edited by Kingsp

Less than a month I have changed to a new battery and a new rectifier on my X1R as the voltage on my voltmeter reads low. So i suspected it was either my rectifier or batterry. When i had changed both to a new one. My voltmeter shows a normal voltage. I taught the problem was solved. But last week as i went to change to a aftermarket exhuast, when i switch on my ignition, it shows 11.7V. I know it got nth to do with the exhuast. But i seen the mech electric start my bike 3-4 times to test the bike. I duno wats the actual problem. I have change to a new battery and rectifier. Now only suspect left is the magnectic coil. On top of that now every single day i ON my bike idiling, the voltage number will drop one number. Before i change to a new magnetic coil and see if got any changes, anywan knows besides this is there any other thing may have cause this low voltage? Btw today i just realise my brake light is bright. When ever u press the front or rear brake, the light comes rite? That one. Means without pressing the brakes the light is on. Antwan knows wats this overall prob? Before i head down to the bike shop, i wish to know the actual prob by u guys. Thx.
Its funny how you managed to scare yourself everytime. People say I do not help others let alone a stranger but I will make an exception this time. Another exception that is. :rolleyes:

The voltage drops as you idle because the brake light is activated all the time hence using up the battery. Just replace the switch and you should be good. Also the solution could be even simpler than that. As for which switch to change whether its the front or rear I will tell you when I have acquired psychic powers. So please pray hard I get it soon. :cool:

KRGT-1

Its funny how you managed to scare yourself everytime. People say I do not help others let alone a stranger but I will make an exception this time. Another exception that is. :rolleyes:

The voltage drops as you idle because the brake light is activated all the time hence using up the battery. Just replace the switch and you should be good. Also the solution could be even simpler than that. As for which switch to change whether its the front or rear I will tell you when I have acquired psychic powers. So please pray hard I get it soon. :cool:

Same case as Asri, the ICA guy. Remember? :lol: