SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha Diversion 900

Palary

Hi Guys,

There are another 2 bikes with belly pans, I know it's Casper4xxx another- if I'm not wrong is swift...

Hi Backoff- As for the body kit or cowling, it is not recommend for over climate our bike are air cooled, it is not water cooled..... Even with water cooled engine people still complaining it is very hot :sweat: when they are at traffic lights.

As for the body kit or cowling it is comfortable to use in Europe, it will keep the rider warm.

You buggers spending alot of money on your bike rather then on yourself- try to get good riding apparels for yourself. Get good armour padded riding jacket ,pants and good comfortable riding boots and helmets...these are the things that going to protect you...when you hit the tarmac....bike always can get spare parts and can be decorated with all the accessories...later.

Backoff- you mounted fog lights(yellow) or spotlights they have different purpose, fix the spotlight at a higher point and angle it down to a distance is the best, as for fog light you only need to use when it is neccessary not "on" it all the way at our neighbouring road you get a rude high beam from the opposite road or you won't be surprise to see a flying durian towards you... :faint:

Some buggers prefer minimalism- Others like to have more things on their bike-and they call it customizing. What ever you people do/add, don't pay your hard earn cash to the authority with (more rewards) points earned- learn more what?.. can be done and not...before you people cramp your bike with accessories. 1st whether your bike can take it or power the accessories, you people put in/modified check with people who understand about it.(ask uncle custom)

You must understand that~ diversion is a simple and a straight forward bike . It's best to do the periodic servicing and maintenance, to keep it running smoothly that can last for years- without giving you any surprises.

Any modification you people put in- add a fuse(as an extra safety precaution) this to prevent your other circuits....from being fried.

Silverghost... o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Custom

• SiLvErGhOsT

• mctan

• Heyrul77

Originally posted by Euro@Sep 29 2005, 11:20 AM

Jleo, you ride so much, how did you manage to use the tyres for 16.5k miles?

Hi Euro,

I can Answer you- for that Questions...

Jleo dosen't brake much or speed like some craze buggers and ride in a straight line for a very,very long distance clocking few K-miles...he,he,hee!

He spend most of the time on the foriegn land, than back here in Singapore traffics -now you understand... :lol:

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Sep 29 2005, 12:19 PM

Hi Guys,

There are another 2 bikes with belly pans, I know it's Casper4xxx another- if I'm not wrong is swift...

Hi Backoff- As for the body kit or cowling, it is not recommend for over climate our bike are air cooled, it is not water cooled..... Even with water cooled engine people still complaining it is very hot :sweat: when they are at traffic lights.

As for the body kit or cowling it is comfortable to use in Europe, it will keep the rider warm.

You buggers spending alot of money on your bike rather then on yourself- try to get good riding apparels for yourself. Get good armour padded riding jacket ,pants and good comfortable riding boots and helmets...these are the things that going to protect you...when you hit the tarmac....bike always can get spare parts and can be decorated with all the accessories...later.

Backoff- you mounted fog lights(yellow) or spotlights they have different purpose, fix the spotlight at a higher point and angle it down to a distance is the best, as for fog light you only need to use when it is neccessary not "on" it all the way at our neighbouring road you get a rude high beam from the opposite road or you won't be surprise to see a flying durian towards you... :faint:

Some buggers prefer minimalism- Others like to have more things on their bike-and they call it customizing. What ever you people do/add, don't pay your hard earn cash to the authority with (more rewards) points earned- learn more what?.. can be done and not...before you people cramp your bike with accessories. 1st whether your bike can take it or power the accessories, you people put in/modified check with people who understand about it.(ask uncle custom)

You must understand that~ diversion is a simple and a straight forward bike . It's best to do the periodic servicing and maintenance, to keep it running smoothly that can last for years- without giving you any surprises.

Any modification you people put in- add a fuse(as an extra safety precaution) this to prevent your other circuits....from being fried.

Silverghost... o_O

:cheers:

:cheers:

SG, txs! I'm just having fun surfing the net and making enquiries for all the accessories. I had a full fairing FJR b4 and I knew how bad it could be for riding with our local climate.

If I have the $$, I would looking at a good full suspension system - Ohlins.

http://www.ydcn.nl/pics2/tn/yam453l.jpghttp://www.ydcn.nl/pics2/tn/yam453m.jpg

As for the fog lamps, they are very useful when riding in the mountainous area. B'coz most of the time, I would be riding alone, so to me, it's a must.

Flying durians should be targeted at those brainless and blind SGP saloon drivers. With the good lighting system in SGP and millions of dollars wasted each night on electricity, and yet these brainless and blind drivers had to switch on their fog lamps whilst driving here. sigh....:nono:

Ya! And especially the larger cars, they can remember to turn on fog lights but cant signal their intentions! i think their eyes look like this... :giddy:

STOC#2963.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/733128425_940c3cc0c5_m.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3539/2228/320/P1020266.jpg

Originally posted by Euro@Sep 29 2005, 05:13 PM

Ya! And especially the larger cars, they can remember to turn on fog lights but cant signal their intentions! i think their eyes look like this... :giddy:

Not becos they are blind or brainless....

They just want to SHOWOFF to others that they drive BIG car. No matter day or night, without fail...

:nono: :nono: :nono: Singaporean

mctan

Originally posted by BackOFF@Sep 29 2005, 07:04 PM

Lun, having fun with your V-storm? Heading East, when? Not advice to go now, unless U want to experience something extreme. Ask master Chan for more.

Yup! Oh i deciding whether to go 3rd week of Oct but haven had a riding kaki along yet.

End Oct should be the end of the raining season right.

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Sep 29 2005, 12:33 PM

Hi Euro,

I can Answer you- for that Questions...

Jleo dosen't brake much or speed like some craze buggers and ride in a straight line for a very,very long distance clocking few K-miles...he,he,hee!

He spend most of the time on the foriegn land, than back here in Singapore traffics -now you understand... :lol:

Silverghost...o_O

Bingo...

But its not as bad as wat Euro says... The profile was still mostly there, largely thanks to my frequent canyon carving trips up. BUt of cos compared to a new one its rather square. :cheeky:

Consider this Euro, if u think 16.5k miles is alot, what kinda reaction would u have when Nasir told me his last BT020 lasted 23k miles.

Lastly, the pics are ready:

Pics

user: [email protected]

pw: 123456

Originally posted by Swift@Sep 29 2005, 10:49 PM

Is there any photos that u have taken from Moto GP??

Hi Swift,

SORRY!!! I did not take much of the bike pictures as the bike is too fast for my camera and noone is seating down on the seat, people are standing on the stairways which lead to the seats all are full :lovestruck: ... but it is really fun to be in that very intense atmosphere...when you see the Yamaha(Rossi) overtaking the Ducati(caparosi) and caparosi overtaking back-less then 30mins-(5km+ track) and 21 rounds finished ~ few times Haroze almost tumble on people when he try to stand on the seat...:D:

Foods at the venue is cheap and reasonable compare to last year pricings...!! and I was surprised to see alot of young babes... it's to boost the event or the GP riders I don't know?

I have some picture nothing much to see, only myself with the 2 buggers eating here and there and pictures taken around the vicinity, next time must bring a video-cam...record with full sound effects... :lol:

Bring along binocular, ear plug and a camera with minimum 5mp with 6X's zoom for a reasonable pictures.

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by jleo@Sep 29 2005, 08:32 PM

Bingo...

But its not as bad as wat Euro says... The profile was still mostly there, largely thanks to my frequent canyon carving trips up. BUt of cos compared to a new one its rather square. :cheeky:

Consider this Euro, if u think 16.5k miles is alot, what kinda reaction would u have when Nasir told me his last BT020 lasted 23k miles.

Lastly, the pics are ready:

Pics

user: [email protected]

pw: 123456

Nice photos Jleo!

You had quite a good amount of sun at Karon and Phuket town...!

The weekend before yours was rather cloudy with strong winds!

The Kups are tthe ways to go man! :smile:

Looks like you got a potential kaki for Cam...

Lun, i guess that end Oct may still be a little damp.

The weather is weired these days.. with hurricane, etc.

Also depends on which road you taking... :smile:

Best is to ask the Guru..

STOC#2963.

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1365/733128425_940c3cc0c5_m.jpghttp://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/3539/2228/320/P1020266.jpg

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Sep 26 2005, 12:12 PM

Hi Handsome Buggers,

How was the trip to "Phuket"....:confused: ....

A fruitful trip indeed. Covering from Sin>> Phuket >> Haytai >> Rawang >> KL >> Fraser’s hill >> Sin

Total distance: 1814 Miles

Total litres: 217.5 Litres

Expenses (based on per rider)

Food : S$86.98

Petrol : S$ 182.48

Accomodation :S$ 100

Insurance : S$25

Trip to Phuket 20-26/09/05

Thunderstorm and lighting greeted us hrs ahead before we start our venture. Are we going to postphone the set off time or go ahead? For someone mentioned " why worry when we all got full gears" and the answer was clear.

PHUKET here we come " vroam , vroam……….."

Clocking at cinderalla time, our mission to Phuket has officially begun …………..

Trip along the NSH was rather monotonous. Basically pitch dark with no twinkling stars to count. Neither is there sight of monkeys swinging from trees to tress (did we ever witness that before? perhaps Seelan know the answer better) :p. Riding in this condition for hrs, all riders would know what to expect next. Eyes "blinking" power began while pillion started to practise the "monk chanting".

Total of 6 stops along NSH

Machap

Seremban,

Rawang,

Sg perak,

Gurun ,

Changlun.

Rawang petrol kiosk was one of the stops where the two handsome buggers decided to laid their bike cover as ground sheet and were fast in their dreamland while bb on her "guard duty".

Total time taken for the whole stretch of NSH (based on 120 –130km/hr) : 12am – 9 plus am

Route taken from Border to Phuket :

Bukit Kayu Hitam >> Hatyai >> Rattaphum >> Patthalung>> Trang>> Ban Sai Khao >> Ban Tha Sai >> Phang Nga >> Ban Khok Kloi >> Thalang >> Phuket

Distance travelled: ~307 Miles

Time reached hotel (travelling at 110 km/hr constant) : ~5 plus pm .

No of stops along thailand (to n fro) : 4 (taking into consideration max 140 miles per stop)

During the entire 3 days at Phuket, the two darlings were resting peacefully under the care of 24 hrs security guard while the riders moved their “love” to the mini kup kia. 150 bahts per day with full tank of 2 litres. Impressive right. *thumb up* plus it is light n its semi-auto gear. “Whack the bike man ” that’s y one could c one special kup kia going at 120 km/hr (-_-“). The road along the karon to patong beach was definitely a challenge especially kup kia. Continuous of real steep slopes and sharp bendings. One has to engage to gear one in order to move off with power. (Not sure about the 120km/hr kup kia perhaps the rider has engaged into gear 3 plus some of the leg work to go that fast). To capture the best scenery of phuket, one has to move to the peak of the slope.

Another thing that one shouldn’t miss is the sea. The 3 important ‘S’. The Sun Sand n Sea. The sea there was far more beautiful than expected. The waves were damn strong. Imagine when u just submerge yourself at knee level, the wave could “swallow” you till your shoulder level. The feeling of standing in the sea and let the wave swipe you was like a giant grabbed you and dragged u along the sand. You just can’t overpower but to obey obediently. That explained how the scratches on our back came from. Painful yet thrilled. After the tanning, I think most of us are qualified to be the model for the ad for the “Darlie/ colgate” advertisement.

Route back to Hatyai was relatively easy. Just follow route 4 and u will be there in no time. . ~300 miles.

Pink lady ?massage? shopping? Movie? Eating? hmm ..We had a stay at “red light district ” again . The grand plaza hotel just beside the pink lady complex. 670 baht for a twin sharing room. As usual for the minority, no shower and we were out there on the road again. (Wonder if many actually smell the stinko us and fainted on the spot.) Our task in Hatyai, in search for Jas’s License plate sticker , Jus’s fav “mango lover” n bb ‘s long aimed belt. AS Usual, we had a heavy dinner, some “qing teng” for desserts, cheese hotdog, bbq chicken wing to “torture” our stomach. For the first time, our great eater surrendered.

Leg back to spore was rather boring. One day stop at Rawang and touring around KL. Nothing particular to mentioned about except the part where the guys decided to go up fraser’s hill for lunch ONLY. Breaking the record of less than 8 min from the gate till the clock tower. For the first time we had to wait behind the clock tower gate to be opened. I bet the gate man was shocked. Moving up at 11am n coming down 1220pm. Another record broken was the number of times the pannier and belly pan kissing the ground. Wow. No one will believe who that “gentle” bugger was.

Overall, though trip was nevertheless as enjoyable as the company was great.

Till the next trip….

Cheers,

BB

Originally posted by luN@Sep 29 2005, 08:12 PM

Yup! Oh i deciding whether to go 3rd week of Oct but haven had a riding kaki along yet.

End Oct should be the end of the raining season right.

Don't think that's the rite time to go. :mad:

Better ask master Chan for more info, he's currently out station, in Cambodia.

http://www.gt-rider.com/crossingborders_files/image10-borders.JPG

So is there any more trips coming up next month?

How about Cameron Highlands?

For the next thai trip, i'm interested...pls whoever is organising...pls keep me in the loop?? After my phuket trip...backside itchy...want for more of Thailand. heehee :cheeky:

Yamaha Diversion XJ900

Hi BB,

aka. Phantom killer without you- No stories have been told of the Diversions adventures or let me say, put it nicely- ~ Well putting it in simple words but yet with full details of the trip riden by you buggers...

Thank you!!

Well done! :cheer:

It is good to know all you BUGGERS comeback in one piece(Safely). take a good care & rest..!

Silverghost...o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by Swift@Sep 30 2005, 09:08 PM

After my phuket trip...backside itchy...want for more of Thailand.:cheeky:

Hi Swift,

First What is the reason for you to hit Thailand and coming back with an itchy backside -scary boss- must keep away from you....

Warning- You Please keep away from Singhs (if they come to know about it you die) ...he,he,hee! :lol: :lol: :lol: until the itch subsides...!

Silverghost... o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by Swift@Sep 30 2005, 09:08 PM

So is there any more trips coming up next month?

How about Cameron Highlands?

For the next thai trip, i'm interested...pls whoever is organising...pls keep me in the loop?? After my phuket trip...backside itchy...want for more of Thailand. heehee :cheeky:

I on also... any of Oct weekend.

Sat can meet and discuss?

SG, can u suggest a place and time?

KTM? 2200hrs?

生命的å¯æ‚²åœ¨æ–¼å®ƒä¸èƒ½é‡ä¾†ï¼Œ

å¯å–œçš„是它ä¸éœ€è¦é‡ä¾†.

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Sep 30 2005, 09:18 PM

Hi Swift,

First What is the reason for you to hit Thailand and coming back with an itchy backside -scary boss- must keep away from you....

Warning- You Please keep away from Singhs (if they come to know about it you die) ...he,he,hee! :lol: :lol: :lol: until the itch subsides...!

Silverghost... o_O

Well...dun let the singhs find out then...

Well my trip to thailand was so fulfilling that i don't mind going up again.

Maybe next trip can go Kor Samui or Chiangmai?

Yamaha Diversion XJ900

Originally posted by Custom@Sep 30 2005, 09:56 PM

I on also... any of Oct weekend.

Sat can meet and discuss?

SG, can u suggest a place and time?

KTM? 2200hrs?

ok on...

Attn all handsome buggers of the Diversion Group...

This Sat nite...2200hrs at KTM, supper and catching up with one another.

Feel free to come if you can make it...

Cheers,

Swift

Yamaha Diversion XJ900

Originally posted by jleo@Sep 29 2005, 12:01 AM

Wif Swift ard, i managed to get a pair of BT020s for $290.. Best price i could find anywhere with immediate avaliability.

Even though the tyres werent exactly fresh of the production lines but the 1yr 2mths it waitied before i slapped it on was a reasonable wait time.

For info sake, my tyres lasted for ard 16.5k miles, just before it reached the wear mark but i decided to change it anyway.

To think my last pair was barely enough for 9months...:nono:

Oh no!!!!!:nono:

I kena chopped by that ah boon liao...thought not in a hurry to change but when I arrived at EB..saw a nail and hairline cracks on the rear tyre liao.N since I hv used the rear tyre (Dragon) for 2 years (mileage:30,000km)..thought it was time to change liao...furthermore the nail motivated me further to change it immediately..so nvr bothered to check around...damn ah boon!!!!chop me...son of a :gun: :cry:

And guess what's the best part? He over inflated my tyres. Initially didnt know it was over-inflation,thought it was the characteristics of BT020.Travel with both the highly inflated tyres for 160km b4 deciding to check on the air tyre myself.

In the end found out that the front tyres was 78.5PSI and the rear was 92PSI.

Damn it!No wonder no traction on the road,brake also like idiot even thought wif steel braided hose..anyone know why?

Is it becos the mechanics hv to fully inflate new tyres then release some gradually when they install?If yes,giving EB the benefit of doubt,maybe he forgot to release some air out.

Apr '99 - Sept '00 (Yamaha WR200)

Dec '00 - Jul '03 (Honda CB400 Version S)

Jul '03 - 5 June '06 (Yamaha XJ900S Diversion)

10 May '06 - Current (2004 Yamaha FJR1300ABS)

29 Aug '07 - Current (Suzuki Swift Sports-Mega)

04 Feb '09 - Current (2009 Honda City LX i-Vtec)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Casper4XXX/SBFSignatureIV.jpg