SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

obitrok

Originally posted by deftones80@Mar 25 2004, 07:55 PM

Yep thanks for the info...i'll only be lookin for one near the end of the year. So maybe sum newer bikes will be up then on 2nd hand...and am very sunsure about all the FT FQ thingy so dunno about the yers and stuff...am more of a car guy

Anyway most pob will be lookin for sth with termi exhausts...they just look so hot on.

Also heard 400cc can be upbore or ssth to 600?? Izzit so?? Can pass inspection huh?

yes it can rebored but are u willing to fork out abt 4k for the procedure+various parts. this price was quoted by minerva. dont see how it'll fail the inspection where everything looks/sounds almost standard.

i think you're better off getting the 900/1000 when u have cl2 if u are really considering a rebore. no pt wasting so much money for so little gain.

the termis look great but are costly. also consider the hoards of other muffler manufacturers or even 2nd hand ones .

Current rides: Ducati 999 and X9 500 SL

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by deftones80@Mar 25 2004, 07:55 PM

Yep thanks for the info...i'll only be lookin for one near the end of the year. So maybe sum newer bikes will be up then on 2nd hand...and am very sunsure about all the FT FQ thingy so dunno about the yers and stuff...am more of a car guy

Anyway most pob will be lookin for sth with termi exhausts...they just look so hot on.

Also heard 400cc can be upbore or ssth to 600?? Izzit so?? Can pass inspection huh?

Yo bro,

I think its not worth to spend so much $ to big bore the M400. Power gain would be minimal and your fuel economy would be much much worse.

During inspection, they dont measure your pistons/engine blocks. Therefore, you wouldnt have any problem passing it.

Termis sound damn nice, so is the price though. Hehe..

To me, the M400 is fantastic bike, sure miss it.

To others, its styling and performance is subjective.

http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/8586/vhfchsn1.gif

1. Click on my CMO Magazine thread for cheap mag offers

2. click on my CMO Coach thread for cheap Coach offers!!

- Motorculture Asia: Free delivery !

- Spin Asia: Free delivery !

- Latest Sept Superbike: Free Isle of Man TT DVD !

yep its normal. the various sensors pick up alot of inputs, even the most minute issue will cause it to come on. too hot/cold will come on. usually it will disppear after bits of riding. only if it remains then u should worry.

once i changed my ECU (to accomodate the termis), the EOBD light no longer appeared. think they rectified the issue with later model ECUs

Originally posted by obitrok@Mar 28 2004, 02:24 PM

yep its normal. the various sensors pick up alot of inputs, even the most minute issue will cause it to come on. too hot/cold will come on. usually it will disppear after bits of riding. only if it remains then u should worry.

once i changed my ECU (to accomodate the termis), the EOBD light no longer appeared. think they rectified the issue with later model ECUs

hiz!

how much to change the ECUs?

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg

I saw a Ducati 999S today after Lavander Food Court, wonder if its anyone here? :thumb:

Black exhausts! I thought its tiatanium? And the sound is WOW! Saw a 914 too, on my way home. I think the 999 looks better!

Originally posted by fude@Mar 31 2004, 11:17 AM

obitrok,

My duke is going for her 1000km oil change soon. Do you know the price of that servicing and what minarva do in the servicing?? :help:

for the 1st 1000km servicing, an oil filter and oil change will be done. abt $100.

(no labour charges this time but come to the 5000km change, an extra 20 will be charged.)

funny thing is that they will change to fully syn oil whereas semi syn/mineral oil should be used during the breaking in period. you might want to request for semi syn/mineral oil to be used tho. cheers!

Originally posted by obitrok@Mar 31 2004, 11:39 AM

for the 1st 1000km servicing, an oil filter and oil change will be done. abt $100.

(no labour charges this time but come to the 5000km change, an extra 20 will be charged.)

funny thing is that they will change to fully syn oil whereas semi syn/mineral oil should be used during the breaking in period. you might want to request for semi syn/mineral oil to be used tho. cheers!

Thanks pal.

When will you guys free for a night coffee??:cheer:

Hi guys! just sharing, there are a few Ducati for sale.

Excel sellin their 916 for $9.9k otr.

another pte owner's 916 full accessories,FR, low mileage $15k. 97625818

Ducati monster 900S4! 1yr old $17k. 97627011

Ducati ST4 FU,saddle box,sell $17k. 67441709 (same owner as the M900S4!)

Just sharing with you guys... Btw my Little Mostro sold and transferred to a new owner already. But in my heart i am still a Ducati fan. :lovestruck:

916 still available?

Year 2000 : SP 150 , Kawa, Cagiva Planet 125

Year 2001 : Ducati Monster 400

Year 2003 : Gsxrr 400

Year 2005 : bus n mrt or drive suzuki jimmy

Year 2006 : CBR600--- FZ 52** L

Year 2007 : no more bike liao.. :p

Year 2008 : Suzuki Swift SJB 441Z

Year 2009: Getz SGK 9370G

Year 2010: Planning to get a bike again!

Originally posted by necrosis@Apr 3 2004, 01:58 PM

Hi guys! just sharing, there are a few Ducati for sale.

Excel sellin their 916 for $9.9k otr.

another pte owner's 916 full accessories,FR, low mileage $15k. 97625818

Ducati monster 900S4! 1yr old $17k. 97627011

Ducati ST4 FU,saddle box,sell $17k. 67441709 (same owner as the M900S4!)

Just sharing with you guys... Btw my Little Mostro sold and transferred to a new owner already. But in my heart i am still a Ducati fan. :lovestruck:

Bro that time u intro the rosli guy,does he know how to change cam belt?can b trusted?i haf to change soon.how much does minerva charge for the normal change?is it recommended for rosli or minerva if i'm on budget but prefers a safe and guarentted job?:giddy:

2002-2003 Kawasaki Kips 150cc

2004-2005 Ducati Monster 400cc

2005-2006 Honda CBR954RR2

2006-2007 Hyundai Getz 1.6

Originally posted by necrosis@Apr 13 2004, 03:17 PM

The belt is about 60 labour maybe 50... He is a good guy give him a try. :thumb:

Bro,kind of ex ley,i called minerva they charging 38 for 1 piece 2 wld b 76 and if i'm juz changing the belt they charge 25 for the labour... :cheeky: anyway thanks for recommending. :cheer: i try minerva 1st next time then find rosli liao:sweat:

Will Bro,sad to hear yr accident hope u'r doing fine.anyway dun wory abt my stuff,i can collect when u'r ok.Take care now Bro!:goodluck:

Bros,my front wheel screeches while moving,i belief the ball bearing is crushed.got tis prob on my rear wheel coz me 45 to change,xian,anyway how do i know my cam belt is up?I bought 2nd hand and the previous owner dunno when the owner b4 him change...on budget lately so hope i can drag a bit longer then change...wat's yr view?Thanks!:help:

Originally posted by jaspok82@Apr 15 2004, 10:58 PM

Will Bro,sad to hear yr accident hope u'r doing fine.anyway dun wory abt my stuff,i can collect when u'r ok.Take care now Bro!:goodluck:

Bros,my front wheel screeches while moving,i belief the ball bearing is crushed.got tis prob on my rear wheel coz me 45 to change,xian,anyway how do i know my cam belt is up?I bought 2nd hand and the previous owner dunno when the owner b4 him change...on budget lately so hope i can drag a bit longer then change...wat's yr view?Thanks!:help:

Your engine got this Tiak tiak tiak sound or not? If the sound is very obvious then time to go get it change liao. Change the bearing changed man dun F around with safety. its not very ex also, check with cheong at minerva parts office lor...