SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

obitrok

Originally posted by seal@Jan 28 2004, 09:38 PM

Hi James,

So you use your Wave as a commuter. How about the 996, is that your track bike?

Regards,

Seal

Hi seal,

yup.I think wave is a gd commuter bike for me.As I am staying in the west side and need to travel everyday to changi to work,it will make my duke a high mileage bike in no time if I use the duke.

Since I buy the bike,only went track for once to try it out.Workload too much,dun really have the time to go much tracking.

:weep:

Past rides are already history....

Current ride: FW VFR 800 ABS

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s254/james9295/DSC_0200.jpg

• Replies 14.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by James996@Jan 28 2004, 11:39 PM

Hi mika14,

I am working in the navy as a tech.Actually,there is nt much to maintain the bike,jus 3mths change oil and filter as I dun used it often.

I staying at clementi but my 996 is parked at my gf plc as her plc is a muti-storey carpark.(away fr the rain and sun)U can always call me out for a cup of kopi to see the bike,my friend.:cheeky:

As for the diff,996 is using the 3-spoke rims as 916,998 is using muti-spokes type.

There's no exterior differences between all 3 bikes.

hiz james!

u working as a spec?u got pp1 or u already in pp2?

coz in future when i buy a Ducati, i plan to use it as a commuter bike coz i can't bear to leave it untouched everyday and i foresee to use it often...

then how's yr 10000km valve clearance thingy? expensive?

thanks!

My Dream Car, see who wants to cut my lane and tail-gate me......

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee218/mika14cyanide14/MyDreamCar.jpg

Originally posted by James996@Jan 28 2004, 11:39 PM

Hi mika14,

I am working in the navy as a tech.Actually,there is nt much to maintain the bike,jus 3mths change oil and filter as I dun used it often.

I staying at clementi but my 996 is parked at my gf plc as her plc is a muti-storey carpark.(away fr the rain and sun)U can always call me out for a cup of kopi to see the bike,my friend.:cheeky:

As for the diff,996 is using the 3-spoke rims as 916,998 is using muti-spokes type.

There's no exterior differences between all 3 bikes.

Hi there,

Can i know which model of 996 are you riding ? the 996-S,996-R or the 996-SPS ? I have tried a R before and the torque that it delivers is amazing ! :smile:

WR-200

NSR-125

FZ-150

CBR 400 NC 29 RRR ( 1994 )

YZF R6 5MT1 ( UK/Europe '01 )

Honda CBR 400 Owners Forum

Originally posted by mika14@Jan 29 2004, 12:11 AM

hiz james!

u working as a spec?u got pp1 or u already in pp2?

coz in future when i buy a Ducati, i plan to use it as a commuter bike coz i can't bear to leave it untouched everyday and i foresee to use it often...

then how's yr 10000km valve clearance thingy? expensive?

thanks!

Hi mika14,

My PP/1 is almost up(05 ROD).Nw is waiting for new for PP/2.

U r also in the SAF?

I also wanted to ride the bike often but I am stuck wif my wave.It was meant to be a bike for my gf but she lost interest after a few rides and throw the wave back to me.After riding used to wave,I find it nt bad,so just keep it loh.thus,my chance of riding the duke is lesser.

My current mileage is still 7500,so nt yet have the 10000km valve clearance thingy.I have check and it will cost ard $700 min.:sweat:

Originally posted by Fireblader@Jan 29 2004, 04:14 AM

Hi there,

Can i know which model of 996 are you riding ? the 996-S,996-R or the 996-SPS ? I have tried a R before and the torque that it delivers is amazing ! :smile:

Hi Fireblader,

My duke is a 996S biposto.Yup,the pickup is gd but I feel tat my Ex-R1 is more powerful.The duke have more useable power that I can control and use.The handling is best,compar to jap bikes.

What bike U riding?R U riding a blade?

Nice knowing U.:smile:

Originally posted by James996@Jan 28 2004, 11:45 PM

Hi seal,

yup.I think wave is a gd commuter bike for me.As I am staying in the west side and need to travel everyday to changi to work,it will make my duke a high mileage bike in no time if I use the duke.

Since I buy the bike,only went track for once to try it out.Workload too much,dun really have the time to go much tracking.

:weep:

That's a coincidence. I travel to Changi for work too. But I set off from the North. So what other bikes have you owned so far?

Live to Ride!

Originally posted by seal@Jan 30 2004, 10:01 PM

That's a coincidence. I travel to Changi for work too. But I set off from the North. So what other bikes have you owned so far?

Oic.Yr traveling km is just slightly short abit than me then.

I first started wif LC 125,moved on to RXZ and Flyone(scooter).

Class 2A started wif TZR 250(pipes under the seat),moved on to NSR 250 PGM4 and then RVF.In between got owned XR 250,KTM 250 and RXK.

Class 2 started wif R1,Gsx 750WR(old model) and nw ducati and wave.

What abt U,my friend?:smile:

Originally posted by Fireblader@Jan 29 2004, 04:14 AM

Hi there,

sell yr R6 and get a Ducati!

or best... get the Ducati and keep the R6!

:D

Originally posted by James996@Jan 30 2004, 05:04 PM

Hi mika14,

My PP/1 is almost up(05 ROD).Nw is waiting for new for PP/2.

U r also in the SAF?

I also wanted to ride the bike often but I am stuck wif my wave.It was meant to be a bike for my gf but she lost interest after a few rides and throw the wave back to me.After riding used to wave,I find it nt bad,so just keep it loh.thus,my chance of riding the duke is lesser.

My current mileage is still 7500,so nt yet have the 10000km valve clearance thingy.I have check and it will cost ard $700 min.:sweat:

hiz james!

yah i am serving in the RSAF...

i am not in PP plan but the old good contract service. (ORD jul 06)

so did u managed to got yr PP2?

is yr 996 first hand?

thanks!

Originally posted by James996@Jan 31 2004, 12:12 AM

Oic.Yr traveling km is just slightly short abit than me then.

I first started wif LC 125,moved on to RXZ and Flyone(scooter).

Class 2A started wif TZR 250(pipes under the seat),moved on to NSR 250 PGM4 and then RVF.In between got owned XR 250,KTM 250 and RXK.

Class 2 started wif R1,Gsx 750WR(old model) and nw ducati and wave.

What abt U,my friend?:smile:

Hi James,

Woah.. you've had plenty of experiences with different bikes. :thumb:

I started off with the Super 4 Ver S, followed by the V-Max, the Super 4 V-Tec and now the Duke ST4. Maybe we should meet up for coffee sometime. What say you?

Live to Ride!

Originally posted by mika14@Jan 31 2004, 03:45 AM

hiz james!

yah i am serving in the RSAF...

i am not in PP plan but the old good contract service. (ORD jul 06)

so did u managed to got yr PP2?

is yr 996 first hand?

thanks!

Hello,

I am still waiting for my PP/2,will kw this coming april.

Which camp r u in?Officer or spec?

My 996 is a 2nd hand.First hand too costly.....

U changing bike too?What u riding at the moment?

Originally posted by seal@Jan 31 2004, 01:39 PM

Hi James,

Woah.. you've had plenty of experiences with different bikes. :thumb:

I started off with the Super 4 Ver S, followed by the V-Max, the Super 4 V-Tec and now the Duke ST4. Maybe we should meet up for coffee sometime. What say you?

Hello seal,

I just love bikes,any kind of bikes,thats why I like to experence diff types of bikes.

U can say I itch backside,cant stick to one kind.:cheeky:

I always have a liking for V-max,but just cant find a gd one.

No problem wif me,we should meet anytime for coffee,maybe the rest of the guys can join us,jus give me a call,Hp.97464874.

Cheers.

Originally posted by James996@Feb 1 2004, 03:10 AM

Hello,

I am still waiting for my PP/2,will kw this coming april.

Which camp r u in?Officer or spec?

My 996 is a 2nd hand.First hand too costly.....

U changing bike too?What u riding at the moment?

hiz james...

i am a spec and my camp is tengah, but now temp at paya lebar.

i am riding a RVF now n was planning to buy a Ducati after i ORDed and settled down wif my new job. if i buy the Ducati now i would be very lugi.( i think)

u bought yr Ducati where and how much OTR? breakdown... etc insurance?

thanks!

Originally posted by mika14@Feb 1 2004, 03:23 AM

hiz james...

i am a spec and my camp is tengah, but now temp at paya lebar.

i am riding a RVF now n was planning to buy a Ducati after i ORDed and settled down wif my new job. if i buy the Ducati now i would be very lugi.( i think)

u bought yr Ducati where and how much OTR? breakdown... etc insurance?

thanks!

Hello,

Oic,U r very brave to try the outside world,for me,I just hope tat I will be offer PP/2 as I dun have the courage to try.

Ducati price will nt drop much as it is a well-known worldwide performance bike.

I used to own a RVF,it was one of my best bike and I just love it.I spent aly $4-5K just on accs tat time.Sold it when I upgrade to R1.

I had some bad experence when I buy my duke fr Excel cycle at kaki bukit.

Brought it for $25K wif out insurance.Fork out another $1.2K for insurance 2nd party just to find out tat the insurance just cost $900plus.(NTUC always send the qutation to U)The shop have the cheek to deny,when I show them the letter fr NTUC,they said since I aly pay,the rest of the $ will go to their service charges,LL.

I told them tat it will be the last time I brought a insurance fr them again.They earn 10% of the amount insurance and still must chop me.:mad:

Another thing,they charge additional $5 just for using NETS,what the F***k.

HI James,

I used to own a 916 and ride it every day for every possible use, track , tour, rain shine etc and enjoy it... was told by 'sources' that if the bike is kept and ridden only once in a while.. would end up with more problems.

Was happy during my ownership .. although there was some annoyance like the heat between the legs in stop/go traffic among other things.. but its a duke , right?

The handling was fantastic.. may wanna purchase another duke if there are any good ones in future.. this being my second one!

btw, did you attend the 2003 Moto GP?The sound from the bike was fabulous to say the least...

I had my T-shirt signed by Bayliss..

Cheers:cheer:

Originally posted by RT@Feb 1 2004, 12:45 PM

HI James,

I used to own a 916 and ride it every day for every possible use, track , tour, rain shine etc and enjoy it... was told by 'sources' that if the bike is kept and ridden only once in a while.. would end up with more problems.

Was happy during my ownership .. although there was some annoyance like the heat between the legs in stop/go traffic among other things.. but its a duke , right?

The handling was fantastic.. may wanna purchase another duke if there are any good ones in future.. this being my second one!

btw, did you attend the 2003 Moto GP?The sound from the bike was fabulous to say the least...

I had my T-shirt signed by Bayliss..

Cheers:cheer:

Hi RT.

U must have a whale of good times wif yr duke.I think tat I must be over-protective over mine.Sound stupid of me.

:giddy:

I was away on oversea trip tat I miss it out.

My idol is always King Carl whom is so the great when he dominate the superbikes in the late 90s.:lovestruck:

Haha,my leg hairs was roasted once when I rode my duke in burmuda.can smell the burnt.:cheeky:

Hi RT.

U must have a whale of good times wif yr duke.I think tat I must be over-protective over mine.Sound stupid of me.

HI James,

No one is stupid here, i also cherish and am protective of my bike and never leave it in the open uncovered cos I dun live near any multi storey car park...

Ever heard people saying Ducati owners are stupid? Buying a bike costing thousands and having so many problems all the time!

What you know.. most of them making these statements are non ducati owners.. or plain jealous perhaps.. ha ha. ( no offence intended ) sure there are plenty good bikes out there.. to each his/her own, right?

Yup, never ride a bike with bermudas.. I was burnt twice but not on the duke.. we all learn the hard way sometimes.

This year's MotoGP should be exciting... game to watch?

RT

Originally posted by RT@Feb 1 2004, 01:14 PM

Hi RT.

HI James,

No one is stupid here, i also cherish and am protective of my bike and never leave it in the open uncovered cos I dun live near any multi storey car park...

Ever heard people saying Ducati owners are stupid? Buying a bike costing thousands and having so many problems all the time!

What you know.. most of them making these statements are non ducati owners.. or plain jealous perhaps.. ha ha. ( no offence intended ) sure there are plenty good bikes out there.. to each his/her own, right?

Yup, never ride a bike with bermudas.. I was burnt twice but not on the duke.. we all learn the hard way sometimes.

This year's MotoGP should be exciting... game to watch?

RT

Hello,

Thks for the kind comment on me.

I dun think tat the duke is a problematic bike,just tat the servicing is kind of ex compar to jap bikes.

When is the nxt rd held?R u interested in the GT too?I think I will go to see the Great cars and of course,the most well-known race queens.

Sori mate, I am not really into cars though I did attend a Formula 1 race a few years back..just for the experience. The Queens?

btw, what are your opinions on the MultiStrada?

Know anyone riding one?

RT

Originally posted by RT@Feb 1 2004, 02:37 PM

Sori mate, I am not really into cars though I did attend a Formula 1 race a few years back..just for the experience. The Queens?

Know anyone riding one?

RT

Hi RT,

One of my riding buddies is currently riding a multistrada. You may want to check with him. You can reach him at the Yahoo Ducati Singapore website. His nick is Jaytee. Hope this helps as it is always better to hear from the owner himself. :thumb:

Live to Ride!

Originally posted by James996@Feb 1 2004, 03:17 AM

Hello seal,

I just love bikes,any kind of bikes,thats why I like to experence diff types of bikes.

U can say I itch backside,cant stick to one kind.:cheeky:

I always have a liking for V-max,but just cant find a gd one.

No problem wif me,we should meet anytime for coffee,maybe the rest of the guys can join us,jus give me a call,Hp.97464874.

Cheers.

Hi James,

Yup, the Max was one memorable mount for me. The pick up is exhilarating except for the mileage which is a bit on the ridiculous side. :giddy:

My h/p no is 96266950. Give me a shout when you're free. Take care and ride safe. :thumb:

Live to Ride!

One of my riding buddies is currently riding a multistrada. You may want to check with him. You can reach him at the Yahoo Ducati Singapore website. His nick is Jaytee. Hope this helps as it is always better to hear from the owner himself.

Thanks Seal for the reference...its just a consideration.. took a test ride the other day and boy was it fun to be back on a duke!

I have been reading in the owners' group about a no. of problems with this model.

Since its a new model, will observe how good/back the feedback are from the owners themselves.

Cheers

Originally posted by RT@Feb 1 2004, 02:37 PM

Know anyone riding one?

RT

Hello,

Oic.The race queens refering to those japanese bikini gals ard the pits.:cheer:

No,I dun kw any pple riding the MultiStrada.I find it abit of strange looking though.

Originally posted by seal@Feb 1 2004, 04:50 PM

Hi James,

Yup, the Max was one memorable mount for me. The pick up is exhilarating except for the mileage which is a bit on the ridiculous side. :giddy:

My h/p no is 96266950. Give me a shout when you're free. Take care and ride safe. :thumb:

Hi seal,

Once I went riding wif a friend whom is using a V-max to malaysia,he keep needed to top up petrol.The consumption is so POWERFUL man.:sweat:

Originally posted by James996@Feb 1 2004, 12:35 PM

Hello,

Oic,U r very brave to try the outside world,for me,I just hope tat I will be offer PP/2 as I dun have the courage to try.

Ducati price will nt drop much as it is a well-known worldwide performance bike.

I used to own a RVF,it was one of my best bike and I just love it.I spent aly $4-5K just on accs tat time.Sold it when I upgrade to R1.

I had some bad experence when I buy my duke fr Excel cycle at kaki bukit.

Brought it for $25K wif out insurance.Fork out another $1.2K for insurance 2nd party just to find out tat the insurance just cost $900plus.(NTUC always send the qutation to U)The shop have the cheek to deny,when I show them the letter fr NTUC,they said since I aly pay,the rest of the $ will go to their service charges,LL.

I told them tat it will be the last time I brought a insurance fr them again.They earn 10% of the amount insurance and still must chop me.:mad:

Another thing,they charge additional $5 just for using NETS,what the F***k.

hi james!

nope i am not brave to try the outside world... it's juz that i got no choice...

hope u can get yr PP2...

:cheer:

not only u got bad experience, me too.

during my 2B days, i bought a Cagiva Mito from them and my experience wif them weren't that nice esp David and Angie... use ATM pay installment still charge dunno how much... but now they still selling Ducatis?

u downpaid yr Ducati in full?

me envious lehz...