SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA150

Kevs

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hahah...

ta 150..its exhaust sound ...u wont like it..as it is a 2 stroker..

oh dear 2T?/ and u like to play bikes..u have no idea what is that? this is lubrication oil for the engine too,,mix with the petrol..off course the main lub is the EO ..4T..confused?

well a lot has been said about the maintenace issues of 2 strokers..

it seems that a miss conception somehow ppropagated by those who have never own a 2 stroker before...in fact a 2 stroker is more relaible than a 4 stroke engines..it has les parts/componenets to start with..

it doesnt have the valve trains an and the timing chains...so u see the 4 stroke engines have this...to maintain.

anyway...2 strokers are going to be history...not because it is bad..just that it cant meet the current emmission std....

power wsie the ta150 is twice that of ta200..theorectically...pick up and top speed ..it leaves the ta200 smelling the 2t in a race.

the only disadvantage is the fuel consumption ta150=20-25 km/L

ta200= 30-35 km/L..

handling is similar..

but the ta150 has less overheating problem compared to the ta200..because it has a water cooling system..so for touring this is a better choice..

if u like scrapping foot pegs...look for some other sprt bikes...choppers are no good at racing nor foot peg scrapping.

Ta150 is or those who like the simplicity of the design..and very soon they will become collectors items as no new 2 stroke bikes is avalable no.as they are no longer manufactured by most manufacturers. as strict environmental conditions makes it even more expensive to make one.

IMHO.

thanks alot for the reply!

yeah i was into cars since young, recently only got into bikes and my first ever ride on bikes was at bbdc. so not very sure abt 2t and all:)

i didnt know the environmental conditions and 2 strokers being made less now cause of that

wow thats something new..

now its either btwn ta150, suzuki gn 125 or nsr150

i cant decideeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ta150 cause - looks cool , cheap, relatively nice sound compare to other 2bs, touring

gn125 cause - old sch look, touring, looks nice with basket thus can store alotttt of handy items which is very impt..

sp - cause only one reason, playing around

cant decide f3.

but most probably btwn gn125 and ta150, cause basket space is really important, phantom still can put basket...sp totally cannot. and with a sportsbike, there is more danger of accident with other cars, or just yourself, like skidding/bending too low cause the temptation to go fast is much higher

my spine also got crack, so got to give and take although i really liked sp when i test rode it, very light and pickup is fast :(

so i guess no sp...

so most prolly ta150 or gn125

relak relak and ride:P

Edited by aj182

only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.

-the cree people.

93' Honda xlr200

94' Suzuki gsxr400rr

07' Piaggio X9 250

02' Piaggio X9 200

yeah i was into cars since young, recently only got into bikes and my first ever ride on bikes was at bbdc. so not very sure abt 2t and all:)

i didnt know the environmental conditions and 2 strokers being made less now cause of that

ta150 cause - looks cool , cheap, relatively nice sound compare to other 2bs, touring

gn125 cause - old sch look, touring, looks nice with basket thus can store alotttt of handy items which is very impt..

cant decide f3.

but most probably btwn gn125 and ta150, cause basket space is really important, phantom still can put basket...sp totally cannot. and with a sportsbike, there is more danger of accident with other cars, or just yourself, like skidding/bending too low cause the temptation to go fast is much higher

my spine also got crack, so got to give and take although i really liked sp when i test rode it, very light and pickup is fast :(

so i guess no sp...

hmmm.... i myself riding a TA150... very stable and comfortable bike.. actually the pickup should be similar to SP as they share the same engine.. on Sg roads, TA150 enough to let others smell smoke la ( dun mention bigger cc ones)...

but at the end of the day, safety still come first!! so no point rushing as cars will overtake small cc bike easily... juz enjoy the ride and reach from point A to B safely...

cant decide f3.

so i guess no sp...

r4lax ride chopper..

ta150 is the way to go...this one for hell angels ah pek and son...:cheers:

gn125...this one for ah pek and his father..to ride....:dozed::faint:

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

my la poderosa..it dies during idle at neutral with the choke off.. i'd have to open choke,let it run awhile..ride it for abit...thn it'd be fine at neutral..

anybody goes through the same?thinking its battery..but my lights are b.r.i.g.ht. topped up 2t..could it be spark plug?EO?or somethin with my carb?:giddy::help::confused:

my la poderosa..it dies during idle at neutral with the choke off.. i'd have to open choke,let it run awhile..ride it for abit...thn it'd be fine at neutral..

anybody goes through the same?thinking its battery..but my lights are b.r.i.g.ht. topped up 2t..could it be spark plug?EO?or somethin with my carb?:giddy::help::confused:

try this..

increase idling speed man...engine cold,,need warm up..it colud be a bad case of fouled up air filter.

take note..choke is good for starting and warming up only...dont run too long on it..it will foul up ur plugs in no time.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

hmmm.... i myself riding a TA150... very stable and comfortable bike.. actually the pickup should be similar to SP as they share the same engine.. on Sg roads, TA150 enough to let others smell smoke la ( dun mention bigger cc ones)...

but at the end of the day, safety still come first!! so no point rushing as cars will overtake small cc bike easily... juz enjoy the ride and reach from point A to B safely...

very true:)

only after the last tree has been cut down, only after the last river has been poisoned, only after the last fish has been caught, only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten.

-the cree people.

93' Honda xlr200

94' Suzuki gsxr400rr

07' Piaggio X9 250

02' Piaggio X9 200

r4lax ride chopper..

ta150 is the way to go...this one for hell angels ah pek and son...:cheers:

gn125...this one for ah pek and his father..to ride....:dozed::faint:

hahaha, yeah totally in love with anything old sch

hells angels!@

but now no more gn125, the seller pricing way too ex lah, 1.5k just cause he respray and change some parts

now its between a ta150(400$ negotiable) with coe at jan 2010!! and a rxk(300$ negotiable) with coe at 2013

the ta150 exterior looks pretty neglected so will need a respray and gotta extend coe.

the rxk exterior needs most probably needs much, much more work done, so i guess for now ta150 looks more promising

but i guess also the money put into respray and coe could be put into the physical mods for the rxk as well

oh well...decisions..decisions..

not forgetting the same rxk seller has a very well kept and shiny sp coe 2013 for 1k as well cause he got too many bikes atm .__.

decisions!

Edited by aj182

-the cree people.

93' Honda xlr200

94' Suzuki gsxr400rr

07' Piaggio X9 250

02' Piaggio X9 200

• 3 weeks later...

hi guys..bike just went to see dr chong last thurs..however just noticed a whining sound like "eeeee" when im at 6 gear and reving slightly more..the more i throttle the sound gets louder..noticed the annoying "pretty loud" rattling sound from my chain..when i'm free rolling no such sounds..

any suggestions?

22/10/2009--20/01/2010 TA-150

20/01/2010--28/08/2010 KSR-110

28/08/2010--??? NSR *wink* *wink*

hows top speed?? do u find the speed increases comes in a jerky fashion when u change gears..at certain gears do u find the acceleration really kick in??

if the answer is yes...time to look at your clutch plates/gears.....the chain may be complaining at higher velocity...ie worn chain..

i use cheap brand $5/l...

the expensive brand is from $10/l..at any petrol station and workshop....

even cheapo brand available....3bottles for $10...ask ah boy he knows..where to get..

take your pick..

well thats the result u want?? visual indication that 2t is being added to petrol..fi not buy the expensive one ..$15 onwards..u decide

heard tha rxz bikes..people are taking out the 2t pump to avoid piston jam at high rpm ride...these high speed riders add their 2t directly into petrol..

i heard from uncle that putting 2t directly into fuel tank is no gd... y ar?? issit it will cos carb to be choke wif carbon?

Ex bikes ~ Yamaha X1, Honda Phantom TA150

Bajaj Pulsar 200 ~~~ 14/09/11 - ???

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1871/dsc0087zjc.jpg

Blue Pulsar with Orange sprocket.. Cool???

i heard from uncle that putting 2t directly into fuel tank is no gd... y ar?? issit it will cos carb to be choke wif carbon?

obviously u heard half the story...

there is a std mix of 1:200 ...that means u put 5ml of 2t for every Litre of petrol

you decide how the mix going to be.

hey...carbon in carb??? this is a new one...thought all the while carbon found in

cylinder, piston top, air intake/exhaust ports..and on spark plug...

pre mix error now corrected 5ml/1L petrol

Edited by mepkoh

• 2 weeks later...

erm... i having a issue wif my engine... everytime just b4 de value open... i will experience a little loss of power... den after that come de huge power... issit normal??

and also... does everyone value open at 6th gear during near 80km/h??

Ex bikes ~ Yamaha X1, Honda Phantom TA150

Bajaj Pulsar 200 ~~~ 14/09/11 - ???

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1871/dsc0087zjc.jpg

Blue Pulsar with Orange sprocket.. Cool???

mine does, but i m goin to do top overhaul tml, cause my dad used to be a mech, says tht its mostly likely to be the cause of it. will update tml, after i done my top overhaul.

2009-PA150-FR8085L

2010-NSR150-

erm... i having a issue wif my engine... everytime just b4 de value open... i will experience a little loss of power... den after that come de huge power... issit normal??

u need to decabonise your bike..

check, clean, adjust power valve

.if it still have the problem..may need to do a piston/rings job..