SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA150

Kevs

i presume u r refering to 2t pump...

i will confirm that..

1. 2t is being consumed..fill up the 2t container to the brim..clean cap area..this is not to confuse u with 2t leakages.

check by refilling it..lets say once a week or even everyday..

take note of distance traveled and hence the corresponding qty top up.

2. rev your engine every morning on start up..u should see more smoke than normal..take note u will see more smoke on start up in the morning..later may not see it.

3. the radiator...watch for qty top up..at regular intervals..watch for signs that the engine is not heating up by the abnormal top up qty.

4. the temperature gauge...make it a habit to look at this...any signs that it is inching to the red zone...this is a tell tale signal..that the engine operations is abnormal

imho..

haha... thx bro... hmmm... but will u worry that when riding at 100km/h and suddenly de 2t pump fail? cos i heard that this thing happened commonly to old bike like us...

Ex bikes ~ Yamaha X1, Honda Phantom TA150

Bajaj Pulsar 200 ~~~ 14/09/11 - ???

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1871/dsc0087zjc.jpg

Blue Pulsar with Orange sprocket.. Cool???

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha... thx bro... hmmm... but will u worry that when riding at 100km/h and suddenly de 2t pump fail? cos i heard that this thing happened commonly to old bike like us...

if you are afraid of piston jam when riding fast, above 100kmh. you can pour some 2T into your tank (premix).

my TA150 more than 10 years old liao, pump still working fine, occasionally will pour a little of 2T into my tank after refueling.

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

if you are afraid of piston jam when riding fast, above 100kmh. you can pour some 2T into your tank (premix).

my TA150 more than 10 years old liao, pump still working fine, occasionally will pour a little of 2T into my tank after refueling.

thx bro for ur advise...

i will worry too if i travel at 100km and have whatever problems that crop up...

brake failure for one,tyres failure.....clutch problem and a host of other potential issues...

thus you have to maintain your bike properly...

if u have no confidence on your bike perffomance u...it is difficult to really enjoy the ride....

understand from a mech...some rxz bikers actually remove the 2t pump and use pre mix instead....but these are extreme bikers..

if u are one...maybe this is the way to go.

haha... yup mantainance...

hmmm... bro... did u try putting fuel addictive to ur tank? like STP fuel system cleaner... is there any use to it?

understand from a mech...some rxz bikers actually remove the 2t pump and use pre mix instead....but these are extreme bikers..

if u are one...maybe this is the way to go.

hmm..dosen't exactly apply to rxz's or extreme bikes .. as 2t pumps are always bound to some sort of failure, the result is often catastrophic resulting in at least a overhaul of the engine. Therefore most 2 stroke bikes be it with or w/o the 2t pumps would premix as a added precaution.

22/10/2009--20/01/2010 TA-150

20/01/2010--28/08/2010 KSR-110

28/08/2010--??? NSR *wink* *wink*

does anyone know where i can find those ta150 that are going to be scrapped?

need some parts of them.

thanks.

Can look for vtec88

I just bought this COE-ending TA150 for temp use as my bike is currently unrideable.

Some enquiries below which i hope u guys could enlighten me.

1) What is the main + reserve tank capacity?

2) FC is around 20km/L right?

3) The switch at the left side for the headlight, is it to turn it off/on?

Or is it for low/high beam?

4) The light indicator at the speedometer which has the word "oil", it refers

to 2T or fuel?

These are all the enquiries i have for now.

Thanks to all.

I just bought this COE-ending TA150 for temp use as my bike is currently unrideable.

Some enquiries below which i hope u guys could enlighten me.

1) What is the main + reserve tank capacity?

2) FC is around 20km/L right?

3) The switch at the left side for the headlight, is it to turn it off/on?

Or is it for low/high beam?

4) The light indicator at the speedometer which has the word "oil", it refers

to 2T or fuel?

These are all the enquiries i have for now.

Thanks to all.

1. 10.7L

2. 20KM/L +- 2km/L

3. Yes

4. 2T

hope it helps

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

• 3 weeks later...
Hi hamsterwhale,

Thanks for the info. But what's the breakdown for the 10.7L, main + reserve?

And for Qn. 3, "yes" to which qn? There are 2 qns.

juz helping out to answer..

not sure abt exact breakdown.. think ard 2L+ for reserve. my reserve can travel 40-50+km b4 a nid to push bike.. lol..

The switch on the left is to turn on the lights. square button is for high/ low beams...

• 1 month later...

I need help abt my TA150,today when i on my bikes that was no Neutral indicator the green colour but when i off the headlight then the green light came on.Is this because the battery is weak?But when the bike have been start all ok.Tks

Hello :3

It's a strange issue possibly due to an electrical matter. The headlight is the primary power drain (35W) on the battery and generator * so your observation may be correct.

It may not be a big issue at all if the bike can use the electric starter (giant drain on battery) but you may want to hook up the battery to a voltmeter at a bike shop to get a second opinion on the battery condition (when's the last time you got a new batt?).

If the battery voltage is min 11+ when idle, 12 or higher when running, its fine, and sometimes 'war veteran' bikes like ours develop funny little quirks.

Anyways, on a TA150 I'm not to worried about the battery because.. there's a kickstart option :D

* = Generator!? Apparently it is really called a generator

http://www.dansmc.com/genstarter.htm

Edited by Pandora's Kitten :3

Guest B_E_N
I need help abt my TA150,today when i on my bikes that was no Neutral indicator the green colour but when i off the headlight then the green light came on.Is this because the battery is weak?But when the bike have been start all ok.Tks

yes it is due to ur battery.. the battery is "dying", may need to change soon..

but it wun affect ur riding at all, still can start and move..

if ur battery is dry cell de u can go bike shop try charge it and use again. obvious how is it. if it still happen the same thing, high chances that u will need to change soon :)

many ppl dunno wat is the real problem, go listen to the wrong ppl den change wrong thing or do wrong thing

or go bike shop that will anyhow tell u change this change that..

u did a good thing to come here ask 1st. :)

happy riding ur ta150, got speed got comfort :) cheers

Yes.Tks for the info B_E_N what u said is true if u dont ask around u will get lost and yes is a good transport bike the only sad thing is it getting old but still a good workhorse only minor problem that can be solve.Cheers

Guest B_E_N

haha... old bike but very good bike.. honestly its more easy to maintain den ta200, jus that the fc and 2t abit ma fan.. other den that is lesser thing to take care.. coz no electic starter, no starter motor no need care about starter carbon ^^

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the intro bro!!!

i got phatom parts just scrapped..u want PM me k...

or sms 9875 9408(Derek)

Cheers!!:clapping:

Can look for vtec88

does anyone know where i can find those ta150 that are going to be scrapped?

need some parts of them.

thanks.

Need some quick advice from the experience ta150 owners seeing how I might be getting one soon. correct me if I'm wrong but from my understanding, 2T top up are advisable for every other time you top up on petrol eh? (2X petrol: 1X 2T?) Or do you top up according to a 2T reservoir?

also, engine rebuilds/overhaul are due around 30,000km (hearsay on my part) or is there no fixed mileage for it to be done and instead, there is a typical set of symptoms to look out for before considering an overhaul.

Many thanks in advance for any advice/s.

Jason

Guest B_E_N

there isn't a need to overhual until u feel there is no compression or the bike have problem starting and idling..

2T top up erm, for me i every 1 month plus will buy 1 bottle to top up the 2T tank..

for ta150 it eat very little 2T, 1 bottle can last u more den a month in normal riding..

for some ppl, sometime i do also, coz it an old bike liao, it will be better to add about 50ml of 2t into tank everytime u pump as u nvr know when the tube from the 2t tank will be choked. =X

if u plan to go long distance and/or high speed do add some 2t inside the tank.

u wanna buy ta150? i selling mine ^^

there isn't a need to overhual until u feel there is no compression or the bike have problem starting and idling..

2T top up erm, for me i every 1 month plus will buy 1 bottle to top up the 2T tank..

for ta150 it eat very little 2T, 1 bottle can last u more den a month in normal riding..

for some ppl, sometime i do also, coz it an old bike liao, it will be better to add about 50ml of 2t into tank everytime u pump as u nvr know when the tube from the 2t tank will be choked. =X

if u plan to go long distance and/or high speed do add some 2t inside the tank.

u wanna buy ta150? i selling mine ^^

Thanks Ben. In that case (pouring straight into the tank), is that considered a premix or is that the same 2T oil as the one you'll add into the 2T reservoir? Why not just change the oil hose then if you are using it for touring as a precaution? Can't imagine it'll cost too much eh...

Drop me a pm with your details on your TA150 though gotta tell you, I'm on a shoestring budget and I'll probably only get a ride at the end of the month anyway, once I find a FT job that is.

Or buy new bike when the engine explodes :D

I actually had a similar thought. Get a cheap TA150 as a runner until COE runs out. Scrap it and then get another one that's about to go again. That way you'll have the chance to properly claim tt you're a true bike whore and shared yourself around like a bloody prostitute

Think I might have went :offtopic:

Guest B_E_N
Thanks Ben. In that case (pouring straight into the tank), is that considered a premix or is that the same 2T oil as the one you'll add into the 2T reservoir? Why not just change the oil hose then if you are using it for touring as a precaution? Can't imagine it'll cost too much eh...

Drop me a pm with your details on your TA150 though gotta tell you, I'm on a shoestring budget and I'll probably only get a ride at the end of the month anyway, once I find a FT job that is.

adding 2t to tank is so call premix :)

erm change the hose, erm i not very sure about that.. haha when u buy mayb u can go to shop ask if can change ^^