SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA150

Kevs

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

bro, think will take a long time lei.. quite a big piece...think almost cover the whole pipe at the front...:sian:

now it sounds more like a big patch... try taking the exhaust off and sand it with sand paper...? :cheers:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

Can some kind souls offer me advice on what I should look out for when I'm viewing a 9-year-old TA150?

I passed my tp not too long ago, on 13 Jan, and after spending weeks looking at the forum I decided to start with a Phantom. :cheeky: There's this TA150 that caught my attention on the Buy/Sell area now. I'm actually looking at a rather tight budget cos I know this first bike won't have to last me a long time - just something to keep what I learnt from BBDC fresh - and so the fact that the bike is 9 years old isn't too much of a problem.

But I know so long liao, confirm got problems here and there. Not that I don't trust the owner (i don't know the person, so cannot anyhow judge a person yeah) but as a total noob, I'd feel better knowing what I should be checking for when I arrange for a viewing. :p

Out of my measly pool of friends, I know only one person who bikes and she goes for scooters, so not very much help right?

Hope to get your input!

Cheers,

Wombat

When people say "clearly" something, that means there's a huge crack in their argument and they know things aren't clear at all. -- Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Hi everyone,

Can some kind souls offer me advice on what I should look out for when I'm viewing a 9-year-old TA150?

I passed my tp not too long ago, on 13 Jan, and after spending weeks looking at the forum I decided to start with a Phantom. :cheeky: There's this TA150 that caught my attention on the Buy/Sell area now. I'm actually looking at a rather tight budget cos I know this first bike won't have to last me a long time - just something to keep what I learnt from BBDC fresh - and so the fact that the bike is 9 years old isn't too much of a problem.

But I know so long liao, confirm got problems here and there. Not that I don't trust the owner (i don't know the person, so cannot anyhow judge a person yeah) but as a total noob, I'd feel better knowing what I should be checking for when I arrange for a viewing. :p

Out of my measly pool of friends, I know only one person who bikes and she goes for scooters, so not very much help right?

Hope to get your input!

Cheers,

Wombat

congrat bro!

hmmm... basically lots of things to look out sial... haha... like fork, fork seal, rim, brake, den try rev de engine... but not much u can do to test de engine... most bike shop wun allow u to test ride... maybe bring someone who is experienced with u to view bike... haha... when buy bike dun rush hor... if not sure kena carrot... haha... =)

bro... how come u dun wanna consider TA200?

Ex bikes ~ Yamaha X1, Honda Phantom TA150

Bajaj Pulsar 200 ~~~ 14/09/11 - ???

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1871/dsc0087zjc.jpg

Blue Pulsar with Orange sprocket.. Cool???

congrat bro!

hmmm... basically lots of things to look out sial... haha... like fork, fork seal, rim, brake, den try rev de engine... but not much u can do to test de engine... most bike shop wun allow u to test ride... maybe bring someone who is experienced with u to view bike... haha... when buy bike dun rush hor... if not sure kena carrot... haha... =)

bro... how come u dun wanna consider TA200?

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, cannot rush otherwise sure have buyer's regret. :cheeky:

Eh, if got TA200 available under my budget I also don't mind lor! But I am looking at what's available from the SBF users at the Used Bikes section. Forum carrot

:cry: Now I regret not being more sociable. No biking friend to help. :cry:

When people say "clearly" something, that means there's a huge crack in their argument and they know things aren't clear at all. -- Terry Pratchett, The Truth

went out today..was at orchard when this taxi swerved right in front so i had to brake and down gear pretty fast,thn my bike died.push it to e side,tried to start,couldnt.i thought it was somethin to do with e gearbox cos i couldnt get into neutral.so i parked it a a carpark and left it thr for awhile and caught a movie first.came back afterwards,could start it,BUT on my way back i could tell something wasnt right.power was intermittent,bike was very loud,engine sound i mean.in e diffrnt gears u could tell e bike would struggle for powerrrr until it hit a certain amount of throttle thn it suddenly flies...anyone knows whats wroong with la poderosa?

Your bike had a heart attack, now very traumatised, that's why dare not run fast anymore. Better quickly go to see the Planet's greatest doctor, Dr Chong tomorrow for a proper diagnose.

Thanks for the advice! Yeah, cannot rush otherwise sure have buyer's regret. :cheeky:

Eh, if got TA200 available under my budget I also don't mind lor! But I am looking at what's available from the SBF users at the Used Bikes section. Forum carrot

:cry: Now I regret not being more sociable. No biking friend to help. :cry:

No need friends lah. Just need your best online friend Mr "Google search" and ask him to help you look for "Buy 2nd hand bike help" :D

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Hi guys, kinda new to TA150. Can i know how to take out the air filter to clean it? Thanks

same as TA200 lo

left big chrome cover take out.. u will see a black cover.. unscrew i tink is 6 screw.. den u will see air filter liao..

btw for ta 150 de air filter is sponge 1 so dun be surprise, its not same as TA200

No need friends lah. Just need your best online friend Mr "Google search" and ask him to help you look for "Buy 2nd hand bike help" :D

sorry sorry! T_T (crying emoticon) I've edited this to remove a comment that insulted mr Silent hunter and other friends of the PK forum. I still want to come to this forum so please don't scold me anymore. *prostrates self*

Edited by Uberwombat
to apologise to people

Wah cow, great advice! lol Yeah I must rely on my ever present friend the Internet to help lor. Hopefully Mr Google search gives great advice like you people here.... :faint:

Too bad the bike I was looking at kena reserved while I was out all day on my last round of CNY visits. :cry: Anyone want to sell their TA150 at good price (ie, good for me, heh) lemme know... :dozed:

dude, spare your sarcastic remarks... :sian:

bro silent hunter, was trying to help you yet you shoot sarcastic remarks... you don appreciate nevermind. bro, we will be gladly to help whenever possible... but those questions you asked can be easily sourced thru the internet...

how old are you liao? still living in the spoon-feeding era?

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

dude, spare your sarcastic remarks... :sian:

bro silent hunter, was trying to help you yet you shoot sarcastic remarks... you don appreciate nevermind. bro, we will be gladly to help whenever possible... but those questions you asked can be easily sourced thru the internet...

how old are you liao? still living in the spoon-feeding era?

Woah, easy there. I really really wasn't being sarcastic!

I meant I did get a lot of info off the forum here, cos when I tried general Googling I couldn't find info as detailed abt Phantoms as in PK. Maybe I should have laid off the cow, but I thought silent hunter was replying my qns in a joking manner so I also replied jokingly.

Friend, for your painful comment about me being immature - IRL I'm 23 - but here in the forum I'm like brand new (still spoonfed haha?) so I don't know what type of jokes or comments are tolerated or can be misunderstood, so forgive me. I apologise if anyone out there thought I was suaning anyone else, cos I seriously didn't mean for that too happen.

Anyway, I should be more specific abt my qn! I forget that you guys get a lot of "how to buy bike" qns frm noobs that I didn't phrase my qn clearly enuff.

I'm specifically curious about what common problems old TAs now have. Cos its ridden differently from sportsbikes like SP or KR, so shouldn't it have parts that are worn out or places easily damaged that other bikes aren't as prone to? I'm hoping to know what the pros here would look out for first when you are checking out a used Phantom, so I can avoid as much as possible from buying a lemon. :)

Hope this clears things up! Forum spats can get ugly and all I was hoping for was some help.

Cheers,

Wombat ;_;

Woah, easy there. I really really wasn't being sarcastic!

I meant I did get a lot of info off the forum here, cos when I tried general Googling I couldn't find info as detailed abt Phantoms as in PK. Maybe I should have laid off the cow, but I thought silent hunter was replying my qns in a joking manner so I also replied jokingly.

Friend, for your painful comment about me being immature - IRL I'm 23 - but here in the forum I'm like brand new (still spoonfed haha?) so I don't know what type of jokes or comments are tolerated or can be misunderstood, so forgive me. I apologise if anyone out there thought I was suaning anyone else, cos I seriously didn't mean for that too happen.

Anyway, I should be more specific abt my qn! I forget that you guys get a lot of "how to buy bike" qns frm noobs that I didn't phrase my qn clearly enuff.

I'm specifically curious about what common problems old TAs now have. Cos its ridden differently from sportsbikes like SP or KR, so shouldn't it have parts that are worn out or places easily damaged that other bikes aren't as prone to? I'm hoping to know what the pros here would look out for first when you are checking out a used Phantom, so I can avoid as much as possible from buying a lemon. :)

Hope this clears things up! Forum spats can get ugly and all I was hoping for was some help.

Cheers,

Wombat ;_;

Wah cow, great advice! lol Yeah I must rely on my ever present friend the Internet to help lor. Hopefully Mr Google search gives great advice like you people here.... :faint:

read again, don you feel the sentence in bold and red is filled with sarcasm? end with a peng san emoticon somemore...

bro, not i want to find trouble with you, you want to ask also ask in a more polite and humble manner...

and i like what i always say and thru my observation of people, you cannot measure maturity with age entirely... i see before people in their 40s and 50s still behaving immaturely, some ppl in their 20s is more mature in how they carry themselves. now, i am talking about ppl with normal IQ level here.

im okay with people suaning or joking around (people i know personally), do you know any of us personally? respond with unappreciative sarcastic remarks? go away before you get brickbats...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

Hey Ah Cai no need to get your feathers ruffled up, he want to get spoon fed, so be it lor.... :sian:

Nah, don't say I no good, here is one of the many sites on the 1st page when I type in "buying 2nd hand "MOTORBIKE" on google search

===> http://www.devittinsurance.com/bikerzone/articles/buying-motorcycle.html

There are better ones, but I am lazy to open every one of the sites to relocated the particular one that I read before I went to buy my first bike 3 years ago.

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

Hey Ah Cai no need to get your feathers ruffled up, he want to get spoon fed, so be it lor.... :sian:

don worry bro, im all cool. when the next seafood trip? i probably coming for the upcoming one! :angel:

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

Wah... so fierce :( ...but I really really meant what I said - as thanks in the second part, and not in the way you're saying. The cow was inappropriate, & I apologised...

To mr ahcaibiker: I don't know you at all so I will not judge you based on your comments about my immaturity or intelligence level but I assume that you are really a good friend of silent hunter and are standing up on his behalf. For this, I respect you, and I hope you will be kind enough to let a newbie off with your two very stern warnings. I do hope people here will still advise me and others on TA150, rather than have to keep scrolling over my lengthy apologies because of this matter.

Let me put my apology here out to mr silent hunter, and I hope you will excuse my poorly written comment. I'll edit it soon to avoid inciting more angry brickbats. Thanks for the link - sorry if it felt like I was expecting too much, as if I deserved answers from you all - I guess the real answer is that there's just no way to give advice on inspecting a used bike except through experience, and I can only earn it through trial and error. It made me feel bad about even posing this question here now, but I hope you all will forgive me as I've learnt my lesson, and your friend ahcaibiker is very fierce and I hope he'll stop scolding me please?

Edited by Uberwombat

Thanks! Appreciate it.

np, u're most welcome..

i tink bikes dun seems new to u jus only phantom is new to u ba.. haha

phantom is a very easy bike to understand, easy to troubleshoot if anything happen(beside wiring problem =X) haha

as ta150, alot of wires is under tank so need to lift the tank den can see them, for ta200 is all in the left front chrome cover... ^^

so this do some helps too

wan buy ta150? wanna buy mine? haha, FULLY MODED! ever ready for touring mode, with interchangeable between pillion seat and givi box on the rear fender.. hahaha

top speed hit b4 is 162km/hr on stock meter or 140 +/- km/hr on KOSO meter hehehe

hey who says "all men are brothers"..

take it easy guys..alamak.i will go mad if take all the barbs thrown at me seriously...

one more friend..

welcome aboard Uberwombat...

Thanks, mepkoh :) hope my time here will be a good one despite the rocky start :cheeky:

wan buy ta150? wanna buy mine? haha, FULLY MODED! ever ready for touring mode, with interchangeable between pillion seat and givi box on the rear fender.. hahaha

top speed hit b4 is 162km/hr on stock meter or 140 +/- km/hr on KOSO meter hehehe

Woarh so power, scared I cannot afford only. You really selling? But I am on a tight student budget leh :pity:

btw how come your stock meter n KOSO meter give different top speeds? :confused: Does it affect the actual speed?

recently sold my ta150 already.. :cheeky: sold for $700 :) ahha that's because stock meter is a analog meter..which is inaccurate..while koso meter is a digital one..which is far more accurate or closer to the actual speed..

22/10/2009--20/01/2010 TA-150

20/01/2010--28/08/2010 KSR-110

28/08/2010--??? NSR *wink* *wink*

2b bike stock meter will have error 1..

my koso meter is using magetic speedo, it calculate by the circumfence of ur front wheel and rmp of ur front to give u the speedo so will be actual speed.

anyway i jus joking, wun be selling now =X cant bear to sell but 1 day i need to..

around aug i will start to post my bike to test market.

those see my bike b4 will know how crazy i am into my bike =X