SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA150

Kevs

recently sold my ta150 already.. :cheeky: sold for $700 :) ahha that's because stock meter is a analog meter..which is inaccurate..while koso meter is a digital one..which is far more accurate or closer to the actual speed..

hahaha I see. Can't believe the difference between the meters is so significant. But I guess best is not to get caught on Sg roads by the speed cameras cos TP meters most accurate! :D

2b bike stock meter will have error 1..

my koso meter is using magetic speedo, it calculate by the circumfence of ur front wheel and rmp of ur front to give u the speedo so will be actual speed.

anyway i jus joking, wun be selling now =X cant bear to sell but 1 day i need to..

around aug i will start to post my bike to test market.

those see my bike b4 will know how crazy i am into my bike =X

Bluff me! :cry: Yeah, can tell how crazy you are about your bike based on the mods! :thumb: Ride safe on the road! I'll keep an eye out for your cool TA150 on the forum if you ever decide to part with it. :D

When people say "clearly" something, that means there's a huge crack in their argument and they know things aren't clear at all. -- Terry Pratchett, The Truth

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

haha.. if u going to get a ta150 den no point buy mine again ma.. haha

i cant sell now, if i sell i no leisure bike to ride liao leh..

my X1 for me to work de, and as back-up bike.

i waiting for class 2 lic den try sell this to get more funds to bike another bike.

haha.. if u going to get a ta150 den no point buy mine again ma.. haha

i cant sell now, if i sell i no leisure bike to ride liao leh..

my X1 for me to work de, and as back-up bike.

i waiting for class 2 lic den try sell this to get more funds to bike another bike.

i sniiff a wiff a fazer 6! :angel:

22/10/2009--20/01/2010 TA-150

20/01/2010--28/08/2010 KSR-110

28/08/2010--??? NSR *wink* *wink*

Btw uberwombat.. you've gotta be wary of those selling a ta150 at really low prices.. though it's supposed to be lower then a ta200 for example..i got mine at $300 expected to change minimal parts..ended up changing almost everything(eg. CDI full exhaust system) ..technically almost the whole bike is "new" except for the engine.. heng no need over haul.. if not "..." :faint:

i sniiff a wiff a fazer 6! :angel:

:cheeky: dun liddat say leh.. haha off topic liao

erm, ta150 price should be around 300, and will have some add on for those done up abit on their bike and well maintain 1s...

but still i will not go above 600..

dun liddat say leh.. haha off topic liao

hehe :angel:

erm, ta150 price should be around 300, and will have some add on for those done up abit on their bike and well maintain 1s...

hmm yea.. have to see when coe ending too.. haha :cheeky:

Wah... so fierce :( ...but I really really meant what I said - as thanks in the second part, and not in the way you're saying. The cow was inappropriate, & I apologised...

To mr ahcaibiker: I don't know you at all so I will not judge you based on your comments about my immaturity or intelligence level but I assume that you are really a good friend of silent hunter and are standing up on his behalf. For this, I respect you, and I hope you will be kind enough to let a newbie off with your two very stern warnings. I do hope people here will still advise me and others on TA150, rather than have to keep scrolling over my lengthy apologies because of this matter.

Let me put my apology here out to mr silent hunter, and I hope you will excuse my poorly written comment. I'll edit it soon to avoid inciting more angry brickbats. Thanks for the link - sorry if it felt like I was expecting too much, as if I deserved answers from you all - I guess the real answer is that there's just no way to give advice on inspecting a used bike except through experience, and I can only earn it through trial and error. It made me feel bad about even posing this question here now, but I hope you all will forgive me as I've learnt my lesson, and your friend ahcaibiker is very fierce and I hope he'll stop scolding me please?

HAahahhaa! So serious ah! Public apology! :lol:

Hey, no need to erase the previous comments lah, just leave it there so that next time got people see already will think twice before asking the same thing. (And avoid getting scolded by Ah Cai) :lol:

I guessed you must be very young too, so treat you like one of my students, spoon feed you lor! Actually already also spoon fed quite a few other guys asking the same question as you in another thread somewhere. hahaha :angel: Other threads in SBF already got the answers.

But seriously, if you want to avoid a lemon, go check out more sites, research more, use Yahoo search too if you have to. Don't just depend on Singapore Bikes Forum and the site I posted to learn more about the things to look out for. Some of the other site have more details that warns of cunning tricks some heartless sellers will use to "Cow":faint: I mean "milk" :lol: more money out of you. (Aiyo! Why I so naughty today) No need experience or learn by trial and error just need to arm yourself with knowledge. Some sites got pictures and detailed instructions too and what to expect if your die die want to buy. (eg: Forks oily, tank inside rusty, but engine, frame, brakes, radiator, gears and electronics checks out ok and the price in in your budget)

I literally bought along a list of things to check when I went to see the bike, without depending on anyone online or have anyone with experience accompany me. Remember knowledge is power, and it will also help you in the long run to trouble shoot problems your bike might encounter later.

And, Yes Ah Cai is my friend, and he can be very fierce sometimes. :lol:

Lastly, Ah Cai, I am planning a short oversea "munching" trip, but to a nearer place "Treetops" near RTM with my classmates in March, not exactly seafood by the sea, because it's in a tree in a kampong. But if you guys want to come along, I am ok with that too.

Edited by Silent Hunter

Motorcyclist are the nicest people on the road, try not to kill us.

mr silent hunter

wah... mr silent hunter :) or should i start calling you

mr hunter "lao shi" :cheeky: :cheeky:

er ya.. i didn't mention about the cons.. haha.. the FC is real bad.. but for the speed i wan, i abit willing to pay for the petrol lo.. suck thumb

haha yea..no pain no gain.. :angel:

ya la.. dun care the FC la.. ride shiok shiok can liao.. at least i know this bike can bring me anywhere i wanna go.. and give me enough speed to stay within the group with big bikes.

HAahahhaa! So serious ah! Public apology! :lol:

Hey, no need to erase the previous comments lah, just leave it there so that next time got people see already will think twice before asking the same thing. (And avoid getting scolded by Ah Cai) :lol:

I guessed you must be very young too, so treat you like one of my students, spoon feed you lor! Actually already also spoon fed quite a few other guys asking the same question as you in another thread somewhere. hahaha :angel: Other threads in SBF already got the answers.

But seriously, if you want to avoid a lemon, go check out more sites, research more, use Yahoo search too if you have to. Don't just depend on Singapore Bikes Forum and the site I posted to learn more about the things to look out for. Some of the other site have more details that warns of cunning tricks some heartless sellers will use to "Cow":faint: I mean "milk" :lol: more money out of you. (Aiyo! Why I so naughty today) No need experience or learn by trial and error just need to arm yourself with knowledge. Some sites got pictures and detailed instructions too and what to expect if your die die want to buy. (eg: Forks oily, tank inside rusty, but engine, frame, brakes, radiator, gears and electronics checks out ok and the price in in your budget)

I literally bought along a list of things to check when I went to see the bike, without depending on anyone online or have anyone with experience accompany me. Remember knowledge is power, and it will also help you in the long run to trouble shoot problems your bike might encounter later.

And, Yes Ah Cai is my friend, and he can be very fierce sometimes. :lol:

Lastly, Ah Cai, I am planning a short oversea "munching" trip, but to a nearer place "Treetops" near RTM with my classmates in March, not exactly seafood by the sea, because it's in a tree in a kampong. But if you guys want to come along, I am ok with that too.

haha Thanks for the heads-up! I'll do more research on my own before plunging into my first bike purchase. Hopefully it won't end up a disaster. :)

When people say "clearly" something, that means there's a huge crack in their argument and they know things aren't clear at all. -- Terry Pratchett, The Truth

Btw uberwombat.. you've gotta be wary of those selling a ta150 at really low prices.. though it's supposed to be lower then a ta200 for example..i got mine at $300 expected to change minimal parts..ended up changing almost everything(eg. CDI full exhaust system) ..technically almost the whole bike is "new" except for the engine.. heng no need over haul.. if not "..." :faint:

o_O woah, that's bad. there's no such thing as a free (or really cheap) lunch out there in the world wor... I'll be careful about the cheap ones on offer >_

:cheeky: dun liddat say leh.. haha off topic liao

haha... hmm... for ur bike is exceptional... haha... cfm wun b cheap... =P

anyway... wat should i check to deem that my bike is touring-ready?

ya lor.. ta150 got speed and comfort.. but dunno why many ppl dun treasure it..

hmmm... cos most of them ridig now r uncle and old uncle like me... =P everything cheap cheap can liao... haha...

oops... :shy: :shy: :shy:

haha i sold mine because the FC was terrible!!

how much is ur fc?? my now max fc only 23km/l... sux man... but power i like it... dun dare try top speed... 120km/h i already scare scare liao... scare piston jam...

Ex bikes ~ Yamaha X1, Honda Phantom TA150

Bajaj Pulsar 200 ~~~ 14/09/11 - ???

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1871/dsc0087zjc.jpg

Blue Pulsar with Orange sprocket.. Cool???

haha... hmm... for ur bike is exceptional... haha... cfm wun b cheap... =P

anyway... wat should i check to deem that my bike is touring-ready?

hmmm... cos most of them ridig now r uncle and old uncle like me... =P everything cheap cheap can liao... haha...

how much is ur fc?? my now max fc only 23km/l... sux man... but power i like it... dun dare try top speed... 120km/h i already scare scare liao... scare piston jam...

erm, need to check wat ar.. u jus feel ur bike, u ride everyday see does it give u problem anot lo..

den tour-ready will include quite a few things, as the word tour, u will need to bring wat u need like clothes and spare parts/ some tools.

why i say my bike tour-ready is coz i can have enough space to bring things for touring as i can change my pillion seat into box ma.. and i know my bike is running good, wun fail me..

my fc is about 19km/L nia on stock meter..

koso meter will be lesser ba..

my fc is app 20 .. top speed go fno can have fun..haha ..and as for piston jam no worries..think it's better to pre mix some 2t inside the tank..as they always say **** happens..and if it happens to your 2t pump.... :faint: ..comfirm piston jam :cry: :cry:

for me, i use motul 710 for my 2T, currently using motul 5100 for my gear oil, it is actually an EO, gonna try a proper gear oil someday...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

• 2 weeks later...

Owner's Manual uploaded for sharing & viewing, @ Post #02(Page 1) & PK Directory - References.

Thanks to Kiamh.

我们都在不断赶路忘记了出路, 在失望中追求偶尔的满足..

Disclaimer:

The above information is obtained from third party sources for which I assume no responsibility.

While there is no reason to believe that the information is unreliable, no liability is accepted for any errors or inaccuracies.™®©

dude, spare your sarcastic remarks... :sian:

bro silent hunter, was trying to help you yet you shoot sarcastic remarks... you don appreciate nevermind. bro, we will be gladly to help whenever possible... but those questions you asked can be easily sourced thru the internet...

how old are you liao? still living in the spoon-feeding era?

Woah, easy there. I really really wasn't being sarcastic!

I meant I did get a lot of info off the forum here, cos when I tried general Googling I couldn't find info as detailed abt Phantoms as in PK. Maybe I should have laid off the cow, but I thought silent hunter was replying my qns in a joking manner so I also replied jokingly.

Friend, for your painful comment about me being immature - IRL I'm 23 - but here in the forum I'm like brand new (still spoonfed haha?) so I don't know what type of jokes or comments are tolerated or can be misunderstood, so forgive me. I apologise if anyone out there thought I was suaning anyone else, cos I seriously didn't mean for that too happen.

Anyway, I should be more specific abt my qn! I forget that you guys get a lot of "how to buy bike" qns frm noobs that I didn't phrase my qn clearly enuff.

I'm specifically curious about what common problems old TAs now have. Cos its ridden differently from sportsbikes like SP or KR, so shouldn't it have parts that are worn out or places easily damaged that other bikes aren't as prone to? I'm hoping to know what the pros here would look out for first when you are checking out a used Phantom, so I can avoid as much as possible from buying a lemon. :)

Hope this clears things up! Forum spats can get ugly and all I was hoping for was some help.

Cheers,

Wombat ;_;

Wah cow, great advice! lol Yeah I must rely on my ever present friend the Internet to help lor. Hopefully Mr Google search gives great advice like you people here.... :faint:

read again, don you feel the sentence in bold and red is filled with sarcasm? end with a peng san emoticon somemore...

bro, not i want to find trouble with you, you want to ask also ask in a more polite and humble manner...

and i like what i always say and thru my observation of people, you cannot measure maturity with age entirely... i see before people in their 40s and 50s still behaving immaturely, some ppl in their 20s is more mature in how they carry themselves. now, i am talking about ppl with normal IQ level here.

im okay with people suaning or joking around (people i know personally), do you know any of us personally? respond with unappreciative sarcastic remarks? go away before you get brickbats...

Hey Ah Cai no need to get your feathers ruffled up, he want to get spoon fed, so be it lor.... :sian:

Nah, don't say I no good, here is one of the many sites on the 1st page when I type in "buying 2nd hand "MOTORBIKE" on google search

===> http://www.devittinsurance.com/bikerzone/articles/buying-motorcycle.html

There are better ones, but I am lazy to open every one of the sites to relocated the particular one that I read before I went to buy my first bike 3 years ago.

Wah... so fierce :( ...but I really really meant what I said - as thanks in the second part, and not in the way you're saying. The cow was inappropriate, & I apologised...

To mr ahcaibiker: I don't know you at all so I will not judge you based on your comments about my immaturity or intelligence level but I assume that you are really a good friend of silent hunter and are standing up on his behalf. For this, I respect you, and I hope you will be kind enough to let a newbie off with your two very stern warnings. I do hope people here will still advise me and others on TA150, rather than have to keep scrolling over my lengthy apologies because of this matter.

Let me put my apology here out to mr silent hunter, and I hope you will excuse my poorly written comment. I'll edit it soon to avoid inciting more angry brickbats. Thanks for the link - sorry if it felt like I was expecting too much, as if I deserved answers from you all - I guess the real answer is that there's just no way to give advice on inspecting a used bike except through experience, and I can only earn it through trial and error. It made me feel bad about even posing this question here now, but I hope you all will forgive me as I've learnt my lesson, and your friend ahcaibiker is very fierce and I hope he'll stop scolding me please?

while scrolling thru the whole exchange, it reminded me of something....

Forum in context has got no feelings, its a place where ABCs are jumbled up to form a comprehensible word...other than that it serves no other purpose, oh ya not forgetting exchanging of knowledge as i like to say...so if u any of u feel offended by anyones posting, step back, and see the sentence thru other POV, rather than subjectively opinioned it....

some times a simple word like "F***" has got at least 3-4 meanings although its a vulger word, but it can represent alot of things, check webster and see the definitions...

anyway cut things short, we are here to exchange knowledge and to learn thru exchanging ideas and ideals, i've also reminded other experienced bikers when they point out mistakes to the less experience riders, they DO NOT have the right to scold a person even if they committed a grave mistake, the right is only reserved by their own parents, they can only advise, nothing more PERIOD...

Hence i DO NOT CONDONE this kind of attitude, so what if i clock more post? so what if i ride a bigger bike? so what ifs????

this is never ending...although i know a fair bit about bikes, but im still learning, the day u stop learning is the day when ur body is only a shell with no heartbeat...

Cheers!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

• 2 weeks later...

Guys... How to check oil pump is in gd condition? Everytime I ask de mech check, he just look look den tell me is fine... Wat they look at? These day ride fast scare scare...

Ex bikes ~ Yamaha X1, Honda Phantom TA150

Bajaj Pulsar 200 ~~~ 14/09/11 - ???

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/1871/dsc0087zjc.jpg

Blue Pulsar with Orange sprocket.. Cool???