SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Technical] Queries for TA150

Kevs

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

my bike heats up pretty fast.especially in low gears on roadds with lotsa trafiic light.just now it even almost touched the red line.is this normal?or shld i b worryin?

dun fret, check ur coolant level 1st, if its old change it, if its milky in color then u start to worry, anyway, best use batt water for coolant, as no minerals are present, oxidizing of the internal parts is low, by the way there is no need for a PG base coolant in SG or tropics country, as propylene glycol is a anti-freeze, we dun really need them in SG context....

Cheers!

Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see farther.

J. P. Morgan

use distilled water....u can buy it at ntuc..it will be known as pure drinking water ...

cheapo like me will use air con distillate..hahahha.

cannot use battery water as they are a weak acid.. h2sO4 added to it.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

hey guys, i just got my phantom 150 about a month ago and till date i have met and solved some problems.

1. when i first got it, it would sometimes die on me in the middle of the road when im still riding. at first changed to a CDI given by my uncle which manage to solve the problems for 3 days before it starts all over again. had no choice but to get another CDI for $60 from a bike shop and has been running well till date.

2. just last night was about enter cte when my bike died on me again. (thankfully i wasnt on the cte or else might meet with an accident as cte was going thru some renovations around 3am.) brought it to fix and found the carb with water and was a little jammed. luckily cost me $20 to get it fixed. i had brought it to koon motors to get it done but now feeling that they dont do a good job in getting it done, rather, they sell parts for phantom.

now when i ride, i cannot feel the power of phantom 150 and would always lag behind at a traffic light,(my cousin rides a phantom 200 and has more power than mine).

it would be significant esp when im going up a slope. but im ok with straight road and can reach 110kph.

anyone here encountered such problems or knows wats the cause and how to solve it?

many thanks!

hey guys, i just got my phantom 150 about a month ago and till date i have met and solved some problems.

1. when i first got it, it would sometimes die on me in the middle of the road when im still riding. at first changed to a CDI given by my uncle which manage to solve the problems for 3 days before it starts all over again. had no choice but to get another CDI for $60 from a bike shop and has been running well till date.

2. just last night was about enter cte when my bike died on me again. (thankfully i wasnt on the cte or else might meet with an accident as cte was going thru some renovations around 3am.) brought it to fix and found the carb with water and was a little jammed. luckily cost me $20 to get it fixed. i had brought it to koon motors to get it done but now feeling that they dont do a good job in getting it done, rather, they sell parts for phantom.

now when i ride, i cannot feel the power of phantom 150 and would always lag behind at a traffic light,(my cousin rides a phantom 200 and has more power than mine).

it would be significant esp when im going up a slope. but im ok with straight road and can reach 110kph.

anyone here encountered such problems or knows wats the cause and how to solve it?

many thanks!

old bikes...check air filter..wash and recharge ..

clean spark plug or replace it...

check all air intake hoses into engine properly tighten..no leakages..old bikes tend to have this problem.

maybe you need what 4 strokers term top overhaul...in the case of ur bike ..decarbonise and get yr racing valve serviced..maybe this valve is not working properly...should be able to hit kmh 140..when bike is in top condition.

Never argue with an idiot. They'll bring you down to their level and beat you with experience every time:dot:

went out today..was at orchard when this taxi swerved right in front so i had to brake and down gear pretty fast,thn my bike died.push it to e side,tried to start,couldnt.i thought it was somethin to do with e gearbox cos i couldnt get into neutral.so i parked it a a carpark and left it thr for awhile and caught a movie first.came back afterwards,could start it,BUT on my way back i could tell something wasnt right.power was intermittent,bike was very loud,engine sound i mean.in e diffrnt gears u could tell e bike would struggle for powerrrr until it hit a certain amount of throttle thn it suddenly flies...anyone knows whats wroong with la poderosa?

hi all any idea why when i clutch in when come to a stationary stop .. the idling noise from carb keep incresing till quite loud.. then i have to half clutch to lower the noise . it will still build up later.

RIDE SAFE TODAY, FOR YOU CAN RIDE AGAIN TOMORROW.

hi all any idea why when i clutch in when come to a stationary stop .. the idling noise from carb keep incresing till quite loud.. then i have to half clutch to lower the noise . it will still build up later.

is it loud only? how about the idling speed? increase or not?

idling inconsistensy normally caused by dirty filter or carb...

a noisy piston?? ram your engine...funny mechanical noises is an indication of a worn rings/piston.

ram engine hard up to red line or max throttle for an instant ...u should see a cloud of carbon coming out of the exhaust...this is to clean your exhaust of carbon built up..hopeully the high pressure exhaust gases can blast the carbon free..

good luck

sian liao .. yesterday and today see engine oil on the floor... i think this time is big operation liao LOL.... tts time i was told abt the piston. my mechanic say dont change also can .. the problem is it take 2 days to change the piston tts why i didnt leave my bike there..hai...

RIDE SAFE TODAY, FOR YOU CAN RIDE AGAIN TOMORROW.

sian liao .. yesterday and today see engine oil on the floor... i think this time is big operation liao LOL.... tts time i was told abt the piston. my mechanic say dont change also can .. the problem is it take 2 days to change the piston tts why i didnt leave my bike there..hai...

hope your bike get well soon! can try bring it to chong, he manage to overhaul and complete my bro's TA200 engine in less than 12 hours. 2 stroke engine has lesser parts and it takes less time to complete the overhaul.

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???